Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jeb@Jeb.org is the most Jeb email address possible.

Don't you mean Jeb!@Jeb.org?

(Valid address in theory though many mail hosts don't support it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Rubio very clearly expected there to be another Mitt Romney type, a very dull, very impersonal, but the only sane person on the stage kinda guy. He would latch onto him to get his name out and contrast well as a young high energy cutie pie compared to the crusty old GOP normal crowd and then springboard into better positions and a more proper election later. Now he's in a position where HE'S the saner guy and now he's shooting his load before he's ready because this dude can't campaign worth a drat and has literally nothing to his name to run on. He's going to be destroyed by a Clinton machine and it's going to be hilarious slash used as proof that the GOP actually doesn't need hispanic outreach after all.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

William Bear posted:

Trump's hanging out in New Hampshire today, too. I hope he doesn't bump into Jeb!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3622852a5b1b4c629b6f387c0ee3b7d7/presidential-hopefuls-sign-get-new-hampshire-ballot

I like how Jeb is low-energy, but Carson is SUPER low-energy. Someone should ask Trump to make an energy ranking of the candidates. I would guess:

Oh great. I can see the Trump With Scouter memes from here.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmao he keeps elaborating and extending the question when people ask him about dropping out. DONT FEED THE TROLLS DUMBASS.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 22, 2016

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Logikv9 posted:

Jeb! 2016 - Pain is a Part of Life

Latest interview with Megyn Kelly just leaked:

Kelly Files posted:

Jeb: Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, Megyn, and its sound is like razors through flesh.
Megyn: I don't believe you.
Jeb: Oh come, you can hear its faint echo right now. I'm here to turn up the volume. To press the stinking face of humanity into the dark blood of its own secret heart.

Ok, maybe that is from Hellraiser.

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 4, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

fool_of_sound posted:

July 21, 2016: Jeb Bush detonates suicide vest while shaking hands with victorious Republican nominee Donald Trump

"I kill for my father!" were the last words of the former Florida Governor (63)

Gampyhu Gampbar!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

If he drops out it'll likely be after the Mar 15 states, maybe Super Tuesday if he does exceptionally poor across the board.

Asking him if he's gonna drop out before a caucus he wasn't planning on being competitive in and isn't relevant in the first place is kind of a dumb question.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He would latch onto him to get his name out and contrast well as a young high energy cutie pie compared to the crusty old GOP normal crowd and then springboard into better positions and a more proper election later.

If that was his plan, then why is he abandoning his senate seat? Assuming he's not our next president, his only realistic option for public office is to run for Florida governor in 2018 when Voldemort is term limited, which is already a kick in the balls to go from failed presidential run back to statewide race.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

reminder: SNL this saturday

our future loving president

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

reminder: SNL this saturday

looking forward to goku levels of energy this weekend

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

zen death robot posted:

Carson fell off quick on that one

Let's try another not-Trump before the Republicans inevitably settle on him. Maybe Rubio next?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
When will Jeb drop below 3 nationally? I'm thinking December 1 at the latest.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I hope that GHWB stays alive long enough to have Jeb! ending his campaign after getting rekt on super tuesday be the thing that kills him, and then Jeb! has to spend the rest of his life knowing that he disappointed his dad so badly that he died. Well that's my GOP fan fiction everyone!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

William Bear posted:

Let's try another not-Trump before the Republicans inevitably settle on him. Maybe Rubio next?

The Rubs strategy is apparently to keep a low profile until right before the primaries, hoping he can absorb the energy of the slain Trump challengers without attracting too much attention himself. It's a risky move, but doing the opposite of whatever ¡Jeb! is doing could pay off.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Nastier Nate posted:

If that was his plan, then why is he abandoning his senate seat? Assuming he's not our next president, his only realistic option for public office is to run for Florida governor in 2018 when Voldemort is term limited, which is already a kick in the balls to go from failed presidential run back to statewide race.

Because in presidential politics name recognition and past campaign experience is more important. He's using the Palin standard of 'I had to quit (basically) to fight for America better' and it's something that works for people. It's less reactionary than full on 'WE GOTTA ELECT TRUMP WHO HAS NO EXPERIENCE IN ANYTHING! OUTSIDERS!' but it's still enough of a 'I'm not a career politician (ignore my career until now)' to win points.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Was this discussed yet?

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/661965169069826048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

Rubio asked who he'd want to have a beer with who's not a politician. He says Malala. Is that legal yet?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Muslims, famlous for their love of beer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is that the mythical conservative warrior princess?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

"[McCain's 'Straight Talk Express'] is a pretty good model if you want to win."

I don't see the problem with this in a primary context. McCain had an outstandingly successful and inexpensive comeback in 2008 and he also did super-duper-well in 2000 against Bush (who had all the establishment support)

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
SNL needs Trump more than Trump needs SNL; let's be honest.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

So on par with SNL.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SNL, like Trump, sucks

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Marco Rubio: "I want to have drinks with an 18-year old Muslim"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The only thing keeping SNL from being cancelled in the past 30 years is who the gently caress watches TV on a Saturday night at midnight anyway. What are they going to replace it with, MacGyver reruns?

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Zelder posted:

SNL, like Trump, sucks

empty quote

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xenophon posted:

Marco Rubio: "I want to have drinks with an 18-year old Muslim"

This is what happens when Jeb Bush is your 'mentor'.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Counterpoint: McCain picked Palin as his V.P. and got his rear end kicked in the general.

Yeah but that has nothing to do with the Straight Talk Express

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I think it's pretty hosed up to have him on in a number of ways but yeah SNL and Trump are widely acknowledged trash.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 22, 2016

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I don't see the problem with this in a primary context. McCain had an outstandingly successful and inexpensive comeback in 2008 and he also did super-duper-well in 2000 against Bush (who had all the establishment support)

History comes full circle as Trump drops the "Jeb! has a dark-skinned crypto-bastard child" bomb in South Carolina

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Did they ever clarify if they have to give all the other Republican candidates equal time for Trump's SNL appearance? An hour of Jindal TV could be hilarious.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

No, you're right. The Straight Talk Express was a smashing success and ¡Jeb! should emulate it. I totally forgot about President McCain there for a moment.

The Straight Talk Express was a strategy employed by John McCain in the early months of the 2000 and 2008 primaries. It involved eschewing expensive rallies or TV ads and instead relying on a bare-bones bus tour to conduct tons of small events across New Hampshire every day. It worked amazingly well twice. It has nothing to do with the 2008 general election.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Zelder posted:

SNL, unlike Trump, sucks