Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

frajaq posted:

are you guys gonna help him out?

lol that armor looks like some Final Fantasy twink poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

gently caress, my dreams of the protagonist first trying Power Armor and falling on his side walking in circles while wildlife kind of pokes at him until they get bored and he eventually manages to escape the suit hours later, thus learning he needs special training, are a wash :ohdear:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if there will be a point in this game where the main plot just stops and you have to resume it at some unnamed other place. Like when you follow a chain of logic to Rivet City then are just expected to find Vault 112 ex nihilo. Luckily I had the official strategy guide, but what was supposed to be the plan there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dandywalken posted:

gently caress, my dreams of the protagonist first trying Power Armor and falling on his side walking in circles while wildlife kind of pokes at him until they get bored and he eventually manages to escape the suit hours later, thus learning he needs special training, are a wash :ohdear:

HATE RADDEER

quote:

I wonder if there will be a point in this game where the main plot just stops and you have to resume it at some unnamed other place. Like when you follow a chain of logic to Rivet City then are just expected to find Vault 112 ex nihilo. Luckily I had the official strategy guide, but what was supposed to be the plan there.

I'm pretty sure you can talk to someone who knows where it is.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
Have any if the streams shown if there's tonnes of smaller quests like skyrim or is it like fifteen quests like fallout 3

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frajaq posted:

are you guys gonna help him out?

That looks like a screenshot from that lovely Star Wars MMO BioWare made.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

SunAndSpring posted:

Yeah, I was going to say that a lot of those minor NPC models do look exactly like TOR-quality crap.

edit: why am I a monkey? :lol:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

dd209 posted:

edit: why am I a monkey? :lol:

Special prize for being a stupid newbie.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Funny story, I was wondering why a ToR cutscene was being displayed in the thread until I saw the BOS mark. I guess it is something to do with the body model.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Fallout 4 is gaming's Citizen Kane moment.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

evilmiera posted:

Funny story, I was wondering why a ToR cutscene was being displayed in the thread until I saw the BOS mark. I guess it is something to do with the body model.

I saw "Clarke" then thought "Dead Space" then glanced back up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming, but then I remembered GMG is kinda awful about getting you keys for pre-orders. Saving $12 though is worth it for maybe having to wait an extra day. I am crazy busy right now anyways.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

I said come in! posted:

Pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming, but then I remembered GMG is kinda awful about getting you keys for pre-orders. Saving $12 though is worth it for maybe having to wait an extra day. I am crazy busy right now anyways.

I've always gotten the keys a a couple of days before release. Hopefully they don't screw this one up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xeremides posted:

I've always gotten the keys a a couple of days before release. Hopefully they don't screw this one up.

Hopefully GMG can come through for F4 because its such a big release. Getting our keys this weekend so we can pre-load would be great.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-4-pc-cd-key-steam
Are these websites legitimate?

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

kinda

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

maybe! maybe not!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

That depends. How important is your Steam account to you?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

You will get a key

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully GMG can come through for F4 because its such a big release. Getting our keys this weekend so we can pre-load would be great.

I remember having to wait quite a bit for my Bioshock Infinite key - there was a bit of a mess-up at launch. From what I've read, they generally get the keys out slightly before the game unlocks but this isn't guaranteed. I still preordered from them because the price was good and they've always been helpful when I had issues.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

lol holy poo poo these garbage games are virtually identical bethesda what are you doing :xd:

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Usually, just expect delays.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rap music posted:

lol holy poo poo these garbage games are virtually identical bethesda what are you doing :xd:

This dude's junker laser rifle looks pretty rad.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah you get it super early so hooray Energy Weapons run

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

yeesh. uhhh... ok....

I don't understand why they went with the junky, makeshift aesthetics though. Really looks like they just made that crap with garbage that was laying around.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

rap music posted:

yeesh. uhhh... ok....

I don't understand why they went with the junky, makeshift aesthetics though. Really looks like they just made that crap with garbage that was laying around.

That's like the Fallout MO. See also:

The dumb fire sword you can make
The deathclaw gauntlets
etc.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

RBA Starblade posted:

i bet the game won't let you shoot him in the head and take it

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I thought the problem is that the graphics don't stand up to other games standards, but now you are mixing the pictures up, thinking they are from other games?

Make up your loving mind, please!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh :lol: I didn't noticed the bugged NPC name before

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Actually that is a clever reference to Something Awful's The Slender Man, much like the last game had Jonathan Five Aces in it

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

rap music posted:

yeesh. uhhh... ok....

Probably because in a world that no longer has the industrial capability to manufacture replacement parts, whenever components eventually break the owner must attempt to repair it with what's at hand. This is the one thing I don't understand complaints about.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rap music posted:

yeesh. uhhh... ok....

you are just complaining that fallout exists now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rap music posted:

yeesh. uhhh... ok....

Yeah, I like that, and I bet you can make stuff look better as the game progresses.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
why does everything in this game look all post-apocalyptic and broken and poo poo?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rap music posted:

yeesh. uhhh... ok....

there's Institute rifles and pistols and they look really high tech

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

frajaq posted:

there's Institute rifles and pistols and they look really high tech

Good enough for me!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

refurbishing weapons into Good Quality parts might be the most interesting thing bethesda's done with craftables since allowing you to make nuclear spells in morrowind

poo poo, there's actual discussion about the game, must have to do with the fact that it's been 2 pages without bholder demonstrating he's completely incapable of reading, what gives

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

panda clue posted:

why does everything in this game look all post-apocalyptic and broken and poo poo?

That's a good question, given this game is set 200 years after the Bombs fell, and that you would think people would be tired of living in their own filth and rubble, and might actually try to clean up and rebuild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I do wish that instead of essential NPCs they still had Morrowind's "you have forced the game into an unwinnable state, is this rad y/n" prompt, but I know that's never coming back.

• Locked thread