Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I live in America and I'm afraid of American cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Your Computer posted:

Imgur found a new innovative way to hate on black people!

The comment section looked at the person's previous comments and found that they were actually from Chicago. That comment got promptly deleted :shepface:

But a person can be from one place and live in another?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

"I'm one of the only white girls in my school, and I get constantly harassed by teachers and other students for my skin colour, and there is so much hate crime against whites that no one cares anymore. I'm sorry if I sound racist but one day I'm so afraid and paranoid that I haven't gone to school in over a week."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twoday posted:

A person can also lie.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Sometimes fear is the appropriate response.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
As a white South African model, I'm afraid of my legless boyfriend

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I'm a white american with no visible redneck tattoos, so I don't have to spend a second thinking about cops.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
As a white Lady Gaga, I am afraid of Die Antwoord

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Dude aren't atoms fuckin cool?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I hate smalltalk! Now let me tell you about Dr. Who.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Man, I hate it when people try to get someone fired over bullshit, fabricated claims.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

I hate smaltalk! Because I don't have meaningful life experiences or relationships to discuss and would rather talk about the things that distract me from that with great passion. Also half of that I listed is basically small talk cause I don't know what I'm talking about

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone please explain to me what bigtalk is, I have no idea what a bigtalk topic would be.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I live in David Bowie and I'm Afraid of Americans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Someone please explain to me what bigtalk is, I have no idea what a bigtalk topic would be.

Ethics in *fart sounds*

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

RareAcumen posted:

Definitely *what your favorite scents are*

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

"Poz my neg rear end"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shayu posted:

I dove deep into this imgur website and found some terrible stuff.

http://imgur.com/gallery/qr0gqF4

The internet has made me to always expect the worst, so I was expecting a giant rear end spider or something to come out. Nope, Puppy!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ethics in *fart sounds*

quadrophrenic posted:

Definitely *what your favorite scents are*

goose fleet posted:

"Poz my neg rear end"

Was really expecting one of these as a response.

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words.

You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re loving dead, kiddo.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

"Alien sex magic" would make a pretty rad bandname

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
So... What's your favorite scent ?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shayu posted:

So... What's your favorite scent ?

:gas:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wedemeyer posted:

I live in David Bowie and I'm Afraid of Americans.

I was waiting for something like this. Thank you.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm Matt Berninger and I'm afraid of everyone.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Serperoth posted:

I'm Matt Berninger and I'm afraid of everyone.

Marry me?

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
I live in London and I'm afraid of American werewolves.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

http://imgur.com/gallery/GbaTmKX

I live in MRAland and I'm afraid of womenz

Wasn't sure if this belonged more here or in the stdh thread.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

kazil posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/GbaTmKX

I live in MRAland and I'm afraid of womenz

Wasn't sure if this belonged more here or in the stdh thread.

a well adjusted individual posted:

Women who do that should be put to death. Sod PC, they clearly have no moral code and are unfit to raise a child anyway. Soylent Green 'em

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

http://imgur.com/gallery/bVgDE2e

quote:

Why is it that most discussions of feminism on imgur are about whether you get a hit women?

A Good Comment

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
Everyone knows women would never try to scam someone, it's sexist to think they would.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I would say it's weird how people go straight to extremist when it comes to things like feminism and racism but it's not when you think about it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shayu posted:

Everyone knows women would never try to scam someone, it's sexist to think they would.

Source your quotes.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Hihohe posted:

we got another live one

I like this comment "Young white men are the most victimized demographic in our society. don't believe me? just ask imgur usersub"
[/timg]

I love this recurring idea of how white cultures can't be preserved. Buffalo is a mostly black city but we have Irish, German, and Polish festivals for the descendants of the people who immigrated here. Even less major populations, like Italians, are represented.

There are only two "cultures" that I can think of as not being "preserved" in an encouraging way, and that's Nazi/Neo-Nazi cultures and Confederate States culture. The flags and uniforms and stuff still get into museums, but not in a "oh man look how awesome that was, I'm so proud to be descended from that."

"Black pride" exists because for a long time, being black was something you weren't supposed to be proud of. Additionally, even though black Americans come from all sorts of places, there is a common culture forged from a history of slavery and oppression that includes a shared food, vernacular, style, and anything that might make up a culture. White pride doesn't exist because it doesn't have that historical background, and without it, the "white pride" concept is too general to mean anything. That's why things like Italian pride and Irish pride and Russian pride or whatever are fine - even if they haven't been demonized by anyone in recent history (I know that people love to talk about how bathroom doors would says BLACKS AND IRISH) they're actual cultures to celebrate and not just skin tones. Hell, even American pride is fine and celebrated, which is all about the shared culture of these subgroups in the country.

I know it's goony to effortpost about imgur, but I really can't wrap my head around this idea that white people aren't allowed to have cultural celebrations ever. And that's not even getting into the other "privileges" on that list that only exist because the assumption of systemic fault comes from the fact that black people have been disproportionately harmed by systemic things. Assuming cops pull you over for racist things isn't really a privilege if it still means you're getting pulled over significantly more.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

System Metternich posted:

"Alien sex magic" would make a pretty rad band name

They could tour with Alien Sex Fiend.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

MageMage posted:

Don't act like you don't know. Don't passive-agressivly act like you have no loving idea what goes on in the world with google at your fingertips, trying to act all smug just because you don't know a trans person, you're "cool" enough to part of the same lovely group you are actively mocking on this forum.

Settle down, Beavis.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

I hate small talk.... now let's discuss atoms!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MageMage posted:

Don't act like you don't know. Don't passive-agressivly act like you have no loving idea what goes on in the world with google at your fingertips, trying to act all smug just because you don't know a trans person, you're "cool" enough to part of the same lovely group you are actively mocking on this forum.
lol what? You're sad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

I hate small talk.... now let's discuss atoms!

Atoms: what are they even?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Atoms are like the Lego of the universe, when you walk on them they hurt your feet.

Wait no...

• Locked thread