Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah i popped back in for the first time in a decade to see Larry David's Bernie Sanders and I was offended by on lame the whole thing was.

I figured maybe teenagers like it or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah i popped back in for the first time in a decade to see Larry David's Bernie Sanders and I was offended by on lame the whole thing was.

Teenagers have more sophisticated senses of humor than they did when I was one, so probably not.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ITT goons apparently unaware SNL is not the height of skit-based comedy

e: oh my god, this is much worse than GAR-BAGE-DICK

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Bernie Sanders does a better Larry David than Larry David does a Bernie Sanders.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Teenagers have more sophisticated senses of humor than they did when I was one, so probably not.

Teenagers turned a man incoherently screaming at videogames when something happens into a millionaire.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
this guys Bernie Sanders is really good imo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Bernie Sanders does a better Larry David than Larry David does a Bernie Sanders.

Still makes me laugh every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3YvE_FHXY

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...does Christie spend the whole kiddie table complaining about being at the kiddie table?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:hfive:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 22, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SNL is largely the same as it's always been: mediocre and forgettable outside of one good sketch every now and then.

I'm hoping against hope that they're going to punk Trump at some point and he'll have a raging meltdown. Most of the current cast seems pretty liberal so I can't see them putting up with giving him a 90 minute sloppy blowjob. I guess it depends how secure Lorne feels from the network's wrath.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Wait so we know for sure Christie is in the second tier of the debate? Where are we getting this information?

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Peachstapler posted:

Undoubtedly funny: undercard debate with just Christie and Jindal

e: or just Christie alone

Christie vs. the mods.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

While I was pleased to see something I've been saying since at least 2010 put into practice, the writing was so poor I wondered if perhaps it was a matter of Larry David attempting to retroscript with a group of people who are just really bad at improv.

If they're going to attempt political satire, they honestly need to hire at least one dedicated writer just for that.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Teenagers turned a man incoherently screaming at videogames when something happens into a millionaire.

And he's not even good at the games.

It's like the KTMA episodes of MST3K where Joel was in the theater all by himself, except if Joel periodically emitted ear-splitting shrieks instead of telling jokes.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

pathetic little tramp posted:

Wait so we know for sure Christie is in the second tier of the debate? Where are we getting this information?

The debate's official lineup is announced tomorrow, but they've finished accepting new polls and their criteria for big kid debate is 2.5% average in the most recent four polls. There is confusion as to whether they are counting the IBD poll, but either way Christie is out. If IBD poll does count, Huckabee is also out.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Deep Hurting posted:

Christie vs. the mods.

grnaly and EMarx will hold him down and I will pulverize him.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

¡Jeb! hanging out with the cheerleaders once again, trying to lock down the crucial high-school vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2ukb7W-H4

lmao they seriously edited this to look like its from the fnl show

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Patter Song posted:

The debate's official lineup is announced tomorrow, but they've finished accepting new polls and their criteria for big kid debate is 2.5% average in the most recent four polls. There is confusion as to whether they are counting the IBD poll, but either way Christie is out. If IBD poll does count, Huckabee is also out.

When are they going to finally cut the undercard debate and winnow the main debate down to a manageable number of candidates? Are we still going to have 10+ candidates showing up for debates right up until Iowa?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

grnaly and EMarx will hold him down and I will pulverize him.

I think gravity will do much of the holding, considering.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trump criticizes CNN during interview on CNN

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

YES YES YES

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nintendo Kid posted:

I think gravity will do much of the holding, considering.

Did you look at those hands? I'd rather have them secure before I get near him.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dolash posted:

When are they going to finally cut the undercard debate and winnow the main debate down to a manageable number of candidates? Are we still going to have 10+ candidates showing up for debates right up until Iowa?

The undercard debate will go away as soon as he candidates still in drops to 10 (if it drops to 11, they'll probably fiddle with rules such that the main debate has 8 and the undercard 3)

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Chris Cuomo saying CNN reporters aren't controlled (ahem, given "instructions") by a producer through an earpiece is like saying Hillary Clinton isn't a liar.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

the man doesn't even care about these low ratings TV performances anymore, he's just using them for target practice now. That was brutal, and Cuomo basically had to reset the interview several times.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

"This video no longer available due to copyright claim by Turner CNN"

What a bunch of losers.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

quadrophrenic posted:

he would look so much better if he just belted his pants at the waist. we know you're fat, chris. you're not hiding anything by belting at the belly. just suck it up, let your freak flab fly, and belt at the waist like a normal-rear end american fat dad.

You ever have your belt press into the back of your belly fat long enough to cause pain and injury? If not, you are out of touch with the mainstream American.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

He speaks so softly and without dramatics that what he says must be absolutely correct and self-evident -- there's no need for theatrics when you have Truth on your side. Plus, he's a brain doctor and so he must be one of the smartest people in the universe!

I suspect something like this is at play.

"Speak softly, and carry a big [unintelligible mumbling]."- Ben Carson.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this guys Bernie Sanders is really good imo.

James Adomian owns. He also played George W Bush in the second Harold and Kumar movie and a bunch of other stuff. He also does the best Jessie Ventura impression. He's been doing improv debates as Sanders with another comedian playing Trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

This is amazing.

EDIT:

The Trump campaign is the BEST campaign:

https://vine.co/v/eLhYVzhH6je

How is this real?

Montasque fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 5, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I am laughing. So hard.

I hope this is real and not a fluke.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Explaining why he insults his opponents, Trump said Wednesday, "I want to win. I have 90 days left."

Trump:
A. Has terminal cancer and wants to destroy the Bush family before he dies.
B. Wants to destroy the Bush family and gives no fucks about the general election.
C. Bet someone a yooge amount of money he could talk a presidential candidate into suicide by Super Tuesday.
D. All of the above.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

trump is larping undertale, but his only ACT is insult

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I hope JEB! goes on SNL, I know it would be really exciting!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Talk Radio Roundup: Rush and Levin think Matt Bevin's victory is a sign that Trump-mania is running wild, and that the GOP should harness this power to victory.

Rush also believes that the polls are not showing the true strength of Trump, and like Bevin(who he says the polls ALL got wrong) Trump is well a head.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

If you told me several months ago that Jeb was going to be polling at the level of Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, and John Kasich... :psyduck:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pompous Rhombus posted:

If you told me several months ago that Jeb was going to be polling at the level of Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, and John Kasich... :psyduck:

Jeb!'s performance fills me with excitement!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I think it's time you nerds throw your 'predictive models' away and just look at the situation and breath it in.

Rationalism is dead. Embrace the romanticism, embrace the modernity, embrace Trump.

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKPO1nPOjk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Montasque posted:

I think it's time you nerds throw your 'predictive models' away and just look at the situation and breath it in.

Rationalism is dead. Embrace the romanticism, embrace the modernity, embrace Trump.

Trump is going to win because 1) he's not a politician and 2) not a conservative.

• Locked thread