Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Burk actually comes from Makuu Space. That's why his posts are so non-Euclidian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Burkion posted:

You don't know where I come from

I've always been under the assumption that you came from an alternate universe where the events of Bioman were a thing that actually happened. :v:

Certainly helps explain your bordering-on-obsession love for the show. It reminds you of home. :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cernunnos posted:

I've always been under the assumption that you came from an alternate universe where the events of Bioman were a thing that actually happened. :v:

jivjov posted:

Burk actually comes from Makuu Space. That's why his posts are so non-Euclidian.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Burkion posted:

The only middle I see here is the space between Cernunnos' and jivjov's posts.

Does this mean forums poster Burkion is actually a ghost inside the SA servers :confused:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cernunnos posted:

Certainly helps explain your bordering-on-obsession love for the show. It reminds you of home. :v:

the first ep of bioman has a man try to snap a robot's neck only to have the robot do a full exorcist and come at him

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

also shaidar owned because it had date running around without a shirt on

What the hell happened? LTW has a good opinion and Burkion is spouting crazy stuff about Jetman being bad?

If this is bizarro world I don't want to leave because here Ghost has been pretty good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Potsticker posted:

What the hell happened? LTW has a good opinion and Burkion is spouting crazy stuff about Jetman being bad?

If this is bizarro world I don't want to leave because here Ghost has been pretty good.

Be fair

I never once said anything bad about that man's abs.

Those are a gift for all

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Burkion posted:

Be fair

I never once said anything bad about that man's abs.

Those are a gift for all

Fair enough, I just

Burkion posted:

That's varied from series to series, but yeah. Usually when you saw a transformation back in the day, it was pretty well instant, and that's, sadly, a plot point with Space Sheriff Gavan.

A plot point they refuse to ever let you forget. Ever. Every goddamn episode.

I love Gavan, I do, but the forumla of that show hurts it SO bad. YES NARRATOR I KNOW HIS TRANSFORMATION TAKES A BILLIONTH OF A SECOND COULD YOU PLEASE NOT SHOW ME IT AGAIN

:stare:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the dopest part of the show is being reminded that it takes 50 milliseconds to equip his electroplate

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of Bioman, Episode 41 is out over at GUIS

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Burkion posted:

Yeah, the white suit for Gavan is the plastic one and the gray is the soft one I think- I wasn't even aware they had a chrome suit for Juspion to be honest!

With Gavan the soft suit was the one used most for his series. Sharivan I never noticed the difference between his soft and plastic suits, but that's more because I've only seen Sharivan with the poo poo quality DVDs I mentioned.

I'm a sucker for chrome and super shiny things, so I love the idea of it, but it was such a terrible concept to try to take into tokustatsu especially at this point. Even nowadays I don't think they could make a series using the Gavan chrome suit.

Sharivan hard suit:

Sharivan soft suit:

Juspion hero suit:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Also I watched the first two episodes of Liveman and thought they were awful ("WE HATE GOOD SCIENCE! SCIENCE SHOULD BE USED FOR EVIL!" "Friends, why did you betray us? :saddowns:") except for the part where the Lion robot runs dramatically through the enemy's attack in its first appearance... and it cuts to the cockpit and everything's on fire and Yellow Lion is screaming hysterically. That poo poo was great.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Burkion posted:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

Sharivan hard suit:

Sharivan soft suit:

Juspion hero suit:

Holy poo poo that soft suit. That is so much worse than Gavan's. It's kind of amazing.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Why is Sharivan wearing a Sharivan Halloween costume?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

Crossposting this from my Power Rangers thread:

Power Rangers Shuriken comes exclusively to Netflix in 2017

So Power Rangers is becoming a Netflix-exclusive show, and they're not making a ToQger adaptation. Not a fan of this news...

This rumor has now been confirmed as fake:

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/power-rangers/250290/power-rangers-is-not-moving-to-netflix

Most likely we won't find out what's really happening after Dino Charge until some time next year.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey anyone still collecting Ranger Keys?

http://p-bandai.jp/gashadepa/item-1000100840/

:v:

EDIT: Pretty good timing with the recent Space Sheriff talk in here.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
At this point I'm just praying someone buys a ToQ set, parts it out, and I can get Red.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am so happy I never got into these collectible gimmicks. That Metalder is so tempting for so many reasons.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Burkion posted:

I am so happy I never got into these collectible gimmicks. That Metalder is so tempting for so many reasons.

I got into them like yesterday and I already realize I'm addicted.

I just want to find a Lemon Energy Lockseed that is in good condition without the Sonic Arrow. Why is that so hard to find :(

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Dexie posted:

Hey anyone still collecting Ranger Keys?

http://p-bandai.jp/gashadepa/item-1000100840/

:v:

EDIT: Pretty good timing with the recent Space Sheriff talk in here.

God drat it. I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't doing the Lost Edition, ToQ AND now these all so close together.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Zero_Tactility posted:

I fell behind Drive while it was airing around episode 10, so I've been powering through it the past few days.
Aaaaand finished.

That's a drat good show. I know that it was a NICE DRIVE because I couldn't stop smiling during the final scenes and credits of episode 47. (48 didn't really sell me on Ghost, though)

I loved Gou's "It said 'go for it', didn't it?" line.

Also, Brain's actor was good throughout, but I thought he really stepped it up in that last arc:

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 42 is out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zero_Tactility posted:

Aaaaand finished.

That's a drat good show. I know that it was a NICE DRIVE because I couldn't stop smiling during the final scenes and credits of episode 47. (48 didn't really sell me on Ghost, though)

I loved Gou's "It said 'go for it', didn't it?" line.

Also, Brain's actor was good throughout, but I thought he really stepped it up in that last arc:

The whole Mach-Chaser vs Gold Drive fight was honestly some of my favorite Kamen Rider stuff.

They let the secondary riders kill the main antagonist!

It also helped that Drive had 3 tragic villains who were all kind of fun and likable in their own way to play off the fact that Banno was basically the worst guy ever.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
A woman went on some Japanese variety show to do the poses of each Rider from Ichigo to Ghost. She's living the dream for us guys.

http://www.jefusion.com/2015/11/female-tv-guest-does-32-rider-henshin.html

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Liveman DVD 40-44

Should have next Bioman out tomorrow.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Ghost was actually good this week? The fight between Ghost and Spectre could have gone on longer but it was still good.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Holy crap, wish MFC would hurry up and put out MORE GAVAN I need it in my life!!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Holy crap, wish MFC would hurry up and put out MORE GAVAN I need it in my life!!!

It only takes 50 milliseconds to subtitle Gavan

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

jivjov posted:

It only takes 50 milliseconds to subtitle Gavan

Wait! Let's see that again!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Ghost was actually good this week? The fight between Ghost and Spectre could have gone on longer but it was still good.

Ninnin's improving little by little. Kudos to whomever put in Thunderstruck as the special attack name. Also Star's actor doesn't look half bad with that eyeliner

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
What the hell, the release date of the Dairanger DVDs on amazon has been pushed back to the 24th.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Bioman 43

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I finished Shinkenger today, and it was really cool and fun. Though I had a small question, since I wasn't entirely sure about a character's motivations. By any chance, does Juuzo pay homage to any concept in feudal dramas? Because I feel like I understand why he's the parallel to Takeru, in the sense where both of them are incredibly hard-working and strong warriors, but after his death, I feel as if there may be a bit of trivia I couldn't tell on my own, since I'm not the most familiar with the series Shinkenger makes nods to.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

Ninnin's improving little by little. Kudos to whomever put in Thunderstruck as the special attack name. Also Star's actor doesn't look half bad with that eyeliner

From this post, I thought werewolf power was gonna turn Kinji into some kind of amazing goth cowboy when he's not in the suit :negative:

This was a pretty good episode, but I'm annoyed that Kinji's new weapon has callout sounds that validate Takaharu's catch phrase. It was also cool to see Kyuuemon lose his composure for once.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

NOW THAT'S REALLY REALLY REALLY HOT made me giggle way too much to hear, and clearly shows only a cowboy can be the most fired up and shining ninja. :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

deadly_pudding posted:

From this post, I thought werewolf power was gonna turn Kinji into some kind of amazing goth cowboy when he's not in the suit :negative:

This was a pretty good episode, but I'm annoyed that Kinji's new weapon has callout sounds that validate Takaharu's catch phrase. It was also cool to see Kyuuemon lose his composure for once.

It has those sounds because it'll fall into Takaharu's hands forever sooner or later, let's not kid ourselves. Hell, the toy makes it absolutely clear which Ninningers are going to use it and it is the least surprising thing ever: it has sounds for THE TAKAHARU and THE KINJI.

Also the Gekiatsutou might be the most boring non-movie toy I've seen. It's just a recolour of the Ichibantou that makes it look even more like a dumb toy. But goddamn Super Starninger is cool despite being a very small upgrade looks-wise so I'm willing to forgive it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It has those sounds because it'll fall into Takaharu's hands forever sooner or later, let's not kid ourselves. Hell, the toy makes it absolutely clear which Ninningers are going to use it and it is the least surprising thing ever: it has sounds for THE TAKAHARU and THE KINJI.

Also the Gekiatsutou might be the most boring non-movie toy I've seen. It's just a recolour of the Ichibantou that makes it look even more like a dumb toy. But goddamn Super Starninger is cool despite being a very small upgrade looks-wise so I'm willing to forgive it.

He doesn't have ninja six shooters to go with his cowboy poncho and it feels like a wasted opportunity

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm still working on my original tokusatsu inspired comic.

Lot of stuff going on in the preproduction stuff but soon I hope to have a pretty exciting announcement about it. And then next month MORE announcements! Wee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yo i just found out imagination station is currently working on GoGoV, added a link to the Mega folder in the big post

• Locked thread