Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mr. Maltose posted:

One of the secret joys of rereading more Suicide Squad is finding out just how much of Copra is injokes.

That requires you to actually get a copy of Copra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wiegieman posted:

That requires you to actually get a copy of Copra.
Which isn't difficult at all?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cyphoderus posted:

They aren't even in the same universe, Tommy's DC :v:

Hey, he's a Hitman. Maybe somebody paid him to show up.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
In honor of Ashley Williams return to killing Deadites, please enjoy this panel from Army of Darkness VS Marvel Zombies:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sam Wilson: Captain America #2

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Teenage Fansub posted:

Sam Wilson: Captain America #2

Is Steve getting his super-soldier powers back? He seems to have bulked up significantly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't think so. I think he's just been fit since working for SHIELD against the Illuminati in Avengers right before Secret Wars.

e: and that was with an eight month time jump. There's also some gap of several months between Secret Wars and these comics.

ee: But that's beside the point. Bird poop.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 3, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Have they said how old he's supposed to be?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

Have they said how old he's supposed to be?

Probably somewhere close to his real-time age, so nearly 100.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
He's *cough* *cough* years young.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

prefect posted:

Is Steve getting his super-soldier powers back? He seems to have bulked up significantly.

I keep rationalizing that the suit Steve is wearing is like Snake's Octopus Camo Suit in MGS IV. Looks super rad and muscular but once that thing is off, it's all saggy old man town.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jiro posted:

I keep rationalizing that the suit Steve is wearing is like Snake's Octopus Camo Suit in MGS IV. Looks super rad and muscular but once that thing is off, it's all saggy old man town.

Didn't the graphics guys gently caress that up and he just looks like a buff 50 year old even though he's supposed to be physically 80 and scrawny?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't the graphics guys gently caress that up and he just looks like a buff 50 year old even though he's supposed to be physically 80 and scrawny?

Nah he looks severely old in the South America mission when he's getting a check up by Naomi and he takes the suit off.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Nah he looks severely old in the South America mission when he's getting a check up by Naomi and he takes the suit off.

I dunno man I know he looks sickly but I'd love to be that buff when I'm old (or when my nanomachines malfunction and start to artificially age me)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I mean I'm sure there are actual 70-80 somethings who look almost that good but it's not very effective when the scene is supposed to be "Naomi is horrified at the state of Snake's weak old man body"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's just really, really concerned about his block crotch.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Invincible Iron Man 3

Kind of out of character but made me laugh.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I dunno man I know he looks sickly but I'd love to be that buff when I'm old (or when my nanomachines malfunction and start to artificially age me)

I'd like to be that buff *now*

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

team overhead smash posted:

Invincible Iron Man 3

Kind of out of character but made me laugh.

I always want to hate reusing art for awkward pauses but I also always actually love it.

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
Tony Stark as Barney Stinson is a loving scary prospect.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

these are the abs of a dying man

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Having a hell of a time finding this online. Does anyone have the panel from Preacher where Cassidy says "that fella's got a face like an arse"?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Having a hell of a time finding this online. Does anyone have the panel from Preacher where Cassidy says "that fella's got a face like an arse"?

Here's the whole page

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

hup posted:

Here's the whole page

Cheers! Appreciated.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Not exactly a panel, but this has been popping up a lot lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nvg0LwWeTU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Lurdiak posted:

Probably somewhere close to his real-time age, so nearly 100.
But see this doesn't work at all. Nick Fury would be at least 100, sure, but Steve's "real-time" age would be... maybe 28? He was trying to enlist in order to help fight WWII, which we entered in 1941; at the time he would have been around 18 or 19 assuming he wasn't trying to sneak in younger and that's never been part of his origin.

World War II, at least the part that Cap fought in, lasts from December 7th, 1941 (and somehow I doubt that his origin is literally supposed to take place on "a date which will live in infamy") to May 8th, 1945. At some point during that stretch, Cap fights the Red Skull and gets dropped into the frozen arctic waters where he ends up in suspended animation.

He's thawed out, in continuity, by a team of people that includes Tony Stark and Hank Pym. Marvel is funny with time and exact dates but Tony hasn't been active for 20 years of Marvel time or anything; he's still the original Iron Man and he had adventures on his own before he rescued Cap from his block of ice. When they thaw him out, he would have been at the very most four years older than when he tried to enlist in what was likely to have been 1942.

Since then he's had the same number of active Marvel years as anybody else and his physical age should likely be 'several years younger than Tony Stark'.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

Not exactly a panel, but this has been popping up a lot lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nvg0LwWeTU

Oh so Ryan Reynolds is actually Deadpool irl.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

NorgLyle posted:

But see this doesn't work at all. Nick Fury would be at least 100, sure, but Steve's "real-time" age would be... maybe 28? He was trying to enlist in order to help fight WWII, which we entered in 1941; at the time he would have been around 18 or 19 assuming he wasn't trying to sneak in younger and that's never been part of his origin.

World War II, at least the part that Cap fought in, lasts from December 7th, 1941 (and somehow I doubt that his origin is literally supposed to take place on "a date which will live in infamy") to May 8th, 1945. At some point during that stretch, Cap fights the Red Skull and gets dropped into the frozen arctic waters where he ends up in suspended animation.

He's thawed out, in continuity, by a team of people that includes Tony Stark and Hank Pym. Marvel is funny with time and exact dates but Tony hasn't been active for 20 years of Marvel time or anything; he's still the original Iron Man and he had adventures on his own before he rescued Cap from his block of ice. When they thaw him out, he would have been at the very most four years older than when he tried to enlist in what was likely to have been 1942.

Since then he's had the same number of active Marvel years as anybody else and his physical age should likely be 'several years younger than Tony Stark'.

The super soldier serum was the thing that kept him alive and young while he was frozen by Zemo. So using :science: it says that it sends the body the way its suppose to be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought the Iron Nail just made you old regardless of your "true age".

Content: IIM #3

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 4, 2015

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I actually just adore the new Iron Man book from top to bottom.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Don't forget Steve's Dimension Z funtime excursion - that added some extra years. (Unless they retconned it out when I wasn't looking.)

Unrelated Funny Panel To Be Added Later

Fearless Defenders #9 - Presenting the Mystic Powers of Hugh Hefner!

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 5, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cabbit posted:

I actually just adore the new Iron Man book from top to bottom.

Been my favorite of the new number 1s. It's just fun to read, and the art is just killer.

All the crazy suit poo poo in particular has been nutters.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

These crossovers are getting ridiculous.

Yeah, I know it's not real.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The way Tony is drawn in IIM reminds me of Dominic Cooper, which is funny considering he's Howard Stark in the MCU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

These crossovers are getting ridiculous.

Yeah, I know it's not real.

Poor Tigger never got over the time Pooh got stuck in a hole and broke his neck trying to get out.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Have a tour of the Sanctum Santorum.

Doctor Strange #2

(lemme know if it's illegible, I'm phone posting)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aaron is killing it on D.Strange and Bendis is crushing it on I.Man. So much hilarity in just two books.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rhyno posted:

Aaron is killing it on D.Strange and Bendis is crushing it on I.Man. So much hilarity in just two books.

:agreed:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I am dying at: "Do not talk to the snakes." "Hey girl, what's up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002