Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Crosspeice posted:

There was a completed LP of this game that finished six months ago.

The videos are a lot longer so the whole thing is over so much quicker.

Oh that one finished? I thought that one flamed out because Watch_Dogs is a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Testekill posted:

Oh that one finished? I thought that one flamed out because Watch_Dogs is a slog.

It slowed down towards the end, but that was more thanks to scheduling difficulties than Watch_Dogs itself.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That still puts it one up on that one stupid family guy game.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
"I I think I found the Aiden voice...You just gotta be sleepier than you oughta be.."

:cry: i love it

edit: nancywalk had me SCREAMING

Sai-kun fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 3, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It slowed down towards the end, but that was more thanks to scheduling difficulties than Watch_Dogs itself.

A little of column A, a little of column B, to be honest.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

I'd like to take this moment to suggest people who want an actually good (semi-)open world Ubisoft game try out Driver: San Francisco. It was pretty much the last major Ubisoft title to be spared the "standardization" of all their recent games and really shows off what they're capable of when they actually set out to make a fun game rather than compelling_triple_a_experience.exe

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Yo I streamed some Witcher 3 during my lunch break earlier today. I needed documented reports on every horse in video games that freaks the gently caress out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRXCTtpX6ww
The Witcher 3 Stream

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Chip Cheezum posted:

Yo I streamed some Witcher 3 during my lunch break earlier today. I needed documented reports on every horse in video games that freaks the gently caress out.

I'm almost positive that it's all of them.

Kazeite
Dec 27, 2012
So I don't know why everyone is complaining: having a shop with generic name is perfectly acceptable way of conducting your business :colbert:

http://imgur.com/HiPuDhz

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kazeite posted:

So I don't know why everyone is complaining: having a shop with generic name is perfectly acceptable way of conducting your business :colbert:

http://imgur.com/HiPuDhz
The graphics look nice but that skybox is obviously a placeholder.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Punished Nancy

Steak Bentley
Jul 16, 2011

Alright, sonny. Consider yourself pinched.

FinalGamer posted:

Kramer would have been a better protagonist for Watch_Dogs. George would have been a better protagonist for Watch_Dogs.

all citizen surveillance clips are replaced by jewish comedians practicing observational humour

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Replace the premission jingle with that little piece Seinfeld used scene transitions.

Also
http://i.imgr.com/H7mnSLF.jpg

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 5, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

According to all known laws of programming, there is no possible way for an uncle to hack steam pipes.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Steak Bentley posted:

all citizen surveillance clips are replaced by jewish comedians practicing observational humour
And then you find out Seinfeld was literally created by pasting pieces of CtOS surveillance data together into coherent episodes by some goon who works in their divisions.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Waffleman_ posted:

According to all known laws of programming, there is no possible way for an uncle to hack steam pipes.

A dad, on the other hand...

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game taught me I should use (more to the point) more often.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kavingi posted:

A dad, on the other hand...

Everyone knows Dadhacks are more powerful than Unclehacks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

but if you are a dad and an uncle at the same time, does one cancel the other out?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

but if you are a dad and an uncle at the same time, does one cancel the other out?

It's a multiplier so as long as you are a non-zero uncle it's fine.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It's a multiplier so as long as you are a non-zero uncle it's fine.

But, but, Aiden IS a zero uncle!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Watch_Doogs is a blur. Someone help me with the highlights.

What're the episodes where Chip gets invaded?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Samizdata posted:

But, but, Aiden IS a zero uncle!

Zero Uncle just might be a better code name than 'the fox'.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Chip Cheezum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRXCTtpX6ww
The Witcher 3 Stream

Witcher 3 is now on sale on GoG at 30% off
http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Do you think Bedbug's Grandma and Edgy Grandma know each other?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We need a Thelma and Louise style game with them

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Someone in the Internet Critics thread posted this picture from Persona 4 and it sums up the Watch_Dogs experience perfectly.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
What a dumb rear end of a game.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Chip's and Ironicus' latest tweets are slowly raising my anticipation levels. It's just amazing how much wrong this game is able to do. It also reminds me how the open-world games that throw out gritty-realism are more successful. See Crackdown and Saints-Row.
Also Crackdown's plot twist (well it's not really a plot) is still one of my favorite moments, when you find out you were just helping the evil police-corp-or-whatever establish corporate dominance. It was so ham-y and the devs knew it. The narrator is just chewing on the scenery the entire game too.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Crackdown was neat in that there was no story mission at all, just a giant playground, but the city itself was crafted with such care. There were not two buildings alike in that whole drat city, and it was really, REALLY well-made. Every place had so much personality to it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Zmej posted:

Chip's and Ironicus' latest tweets are slowly raising my anticipation levels. It's just amazing how much wrong this game is able to do. It also reminds me how the open-world games that throw out gritty-realism are more successful. See Crackdown and Saints-Row.
Also Crackdown's plot twist (well it's not really a plot) is still one of my favorite moments, when you find out you were just helping the evil police-corp-or-whatever establish corporate dominance. It was so ham-y and the devs knew it. The narrator is just chewing on the scenery the entire game too.

I think you could make a gritty open-world game and have it work, you just need to do the preliminary work of building the world and the characters to properly support it.

Just as an example, make a cyberpunk game set in a crime-infested Blade Runner-style undercity where literally no one is innocent, everyone's chromed to the gills and armed to the teeth. There's still the risk that it could swerve into unintentional slapstick, but I can at least see a game set up like that delivering on a gritty, serious story without completely shattering suspension of disbelief.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 9, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Or, you know, do a Judge Dredd game. Where yeah even if you play an rear end in a top hat who treats the civilians like poo poo that's kind of half the point of being a dystopian law enforcer. The only thing you wouldn't get is no police chases.

I'm not sure about you but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

The worst thing about Chicago is it doesn't look like a Dystopian, it doesn't look all gleamed up and sterilized OR like a seedy underbelly of filth and garbage. It just looks like 'A city'

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Onmi posted:

Or, you know, do a Judge Dredd game.

Been done. It was on original Xbox and pretty janky as far as I remember, but still a fun enough idea.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dredd vs Death is on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3710/

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Testekill posted:

Someone in the Internet Critics thread posted this picture from Persona 4 and it sums up the Watch_Dogs experience perfectly.

:master:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zmej posted:

I know I've brought it up about a dozen times, but...

Sleeping Dogs.

It's about as realistic as mainstream open world games get (IE, Hong Kong action movie), and it's pretty fun, with characters you give a drat about.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And they somehow managed to make the fighting visceral enough that you cringe almost as much at the end of the game as you did with your first environmental takedown.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I know I've brought it up about a dozen times, but...

Sleeping Dogs.

It's about as realistic as mainstream open world games get (IE, Hong Kong action movie), and it's pretty fun, with characters you give a drat about.

Purely in a plot sense though. The gameplay's still silly.
Being able to slide your car straight horizontal to ram others is a beautiful thing and I almost wish GTA and others included it despite the absolute impossibility of it.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Just started watching season 1 of Person of Interest, and it's remarkable how "inspired" this game was by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Keeshhound posted:

I think you could make a gritty open-world game and have it work, you just need to do the preliminary work of building the world and the characters to properly support it.

The Infamous series of games has a pretty good handle on this sort of thing.

The suspension of disbelief bit is helped along by super powers though :v:

• Locked thread