Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funny how John Constantine went to a jungle island in the South China Sea in his regular clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I see this episode is giving Caity Lotz a chance to stretch those acting chops :buddy:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

"Why don't you see that this is really about me?" -Laurel

(She had a good point about Ollie's constant hypocrisy though)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Laurel makes good points this episode.

Also, I kinda like the Laurel/Ollie dynamic now.

edit: Did some catch a gif of the names they were deleting?

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
worst security guards ever

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

How did Sara get into that room if Laurel was standing at the door? She crawled through the vents or what

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

How did Sara get into that room if Laurel was standing at the door? She crawled through the vents or what

Lots of fire escapes in the comic book universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Funny how John Constantine went to a jungle island in the South China Sea in his regular clothes.

He only owns the one set.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I wish Neal McDonough could be in every single scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's amazing what sound effects do.

That scene looked so sloppy and flopping around in the leak.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Like I said the other day:

Longbaugh01 posted:

God drat, for a seemingly small island in the middle of nowhere, it seems like everyone has been there at one time or another. It's a bit ridiculous. Edit: Oh so later on they try to explain it, but it's kinda ham-handed.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

It's amazing what sound effects do.

That scene looked so sloppy and flopping around in the leak.

An unfinished fight scene looked sloppy well gently caress my tits that is shocking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It wasn't unfinished.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

C'mon Paul Blackthorn this can't be the first exorcism you've seen.

e: restitution whatevr

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

It wasn't unfinished.

If they changed it by adding or changing sound effects then by definition it was?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

This episode is making me really sad that Matt Ryan didn't get a better / longer lasting series because he's loving great as John Constantine.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
So uh, they gonna help Thea now that this is all good?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This episode makes a better case for Matt Ryan as Constantine than Constantine ever did

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah y'know, I think I probably woulda watched Constantine if they used this episode to spin off into his show. :v:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
That poor campaign manager, doesn't realize that are times where they won't pay you.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
hahaha next weeks episode looks super goofy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stunt Rock posted:

This episode is making me really sad that Matt Ryan didn't get a better / longer lasting series because he's loving great as John Constantine.

It's like a kick in the dick that he's so good in the role and his tenure was cut short.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Stealthed Zombie posted:

hahaha next weeks episode looks super goofy

A "giant" Neal McDonough as his character in this or Justified is actually really terrifying.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This was a great episode. That's like, five for five this season.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Great episode, because hell, Matt Ryan is fantastic Constantine.

If anything, I just sorta wish they had caught Sarah earlier so we could've gotten more of him interacting with the cast. Hopefully the fan reaction is strong enough to see him come back in some future episodes.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Now that everything on the CW that is not a DC property or Supernatural has tanked, maybe they will be willing to expand their comic book show line up. Keep Arrow and Flash as the two anchor shows, and have a 10-13 episode run of Constantine in the Fall, with LoT in the spring.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

magic!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TyrantWD posted:

Now that everything on the CW that is not a DC property or Supernatural has tanked, maybe they will be willing to expand their comic book show line up. Keep Arrow and Flash as the two anchor shows, and have a 10-13 episode run of Constantine in the Fall, with LoT in the spring.

The 100, Vampire Diaries, the Originals, Reign, Jane the Virgin.

I'm sure I'm missing something but the producers of Arrow/Flash have said LoT will be the last comic show on the CW.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TyrantWD posted:

If they give it to an independent team, maybe. I feel like the Flash/Arrow/LoT team is stretched thin as it is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not actually one team.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Loved seeing Matt Ryan as Constantine. He does a superb job. I hope this leads too something for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Digital Jedi posted:

Loved seeing Matt Ryan as Constantine. He does a superb job. I hope this leads too something for him.

The Arrow team said they'd love to have him back but it's up to his future schedule. He won't be getting another series any time soon.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They should just go all out and make it the DC Television network.

Except keeping Jane the Virgin, but add a super hero to it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Her baby has all the powers of Jesus

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'm still stuck in season 2 of Arrow, but I had to watch this episode. (Should I skip season 3 all together? I mean, I managed to go through season 1 but...people keep saying is really bad).

:allears: Ah, Matt Ryan...how I missed Constantine. He was excellent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
This Thread, Last Week: "The message is: Help, I'm tiny!"

This Week on Arrow: "Felicity, help! I'm tiny!"

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Stunt Rock posted:

Unfortunately he was the only thing that was loving great in Constantine the show.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm still stuck in season 2 of Arrow, but I had to watch this episode. (Should I skip season 3 all together? I mean, I managed to go through season 1 but...people keep saying is really bad).

It wasn't an entirely different grade of quality or anything - it's not like Arrow S1&S2 were high art, they also had their low points. It's just that S3 tended towards those Iow points as a rule, rather than as an occasional thing. I bet it's not too bad if you marathon it.

And by that I mean, go marathon it for us and report back on how it was, so we don't have to.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

The Lord Bude posted:

Unfortunately he was the only thing that was loving great in Constantine the show.

Harold Perrineau too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

XboxPants posted:

It wasn't an entirely different grade of quality or anything - it's not like Arrow S1&S2 were high art, they also had their low points. It's just that S3 tended towards those Iow points as a rule, rather than as an occasional thing. I bet it's not too bad if you marathon it.

And by that I mean, go marathon it for us and report back on how it was, so we don't have to.

Season 3 isn't that bad in a marathon. I've recently rewatched with with someone who had never seen it before. and It flows way better in marathon sessions as you aren't lingering on the problems for multiple days before seeing the next episode

• Locked thread