Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Montasque posted:

Here, I hope this clears things up.
both are PACs registered by a Professional Viral Video Marketeer who makes a living selling T-Shirts saying fckh8, Deport Racism and 'Bill for First Lagy', I really doubt this guy is in any way connected to the clinton campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

H. W. is feeling sorry for jeb!, decided to throw him a bone and let him know he's still his favourite son

quote:

In "Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey Of George Herbert Walker Bush," author Jon Meacham quotes Bush as saying that Cheney and Rumsfeld were too hawkish and that their harsh stance damaged the reputation of the United States, the cable news network said.

Speaking of Cheney, who was vice president under President George W. Bush, the senior Bush said: "I don't know, he just became very hard-line and very different from the Dick Cheney I knew and worked with," according to the report.

Cheney served as defense secretary during George H.W. Bush's 1989-1993 presidency.

"The reaction (to Sept. 11), what to do about the Middle East. Just iron-rear end. His seeming knuckling under to the real hard-charging guys who want to fight about everything, use force to get our way in the Middle East," Bush told Meacham in the book to be published next Tuesday.

Bush believes Cheney acted too independently of his son by creating a national security team in his own office, and may have been influenced to become more conservative by his wife and daughter, Lynne and Liz Cheney, the report cites the biography as saying.

On Rumsfeld, secretary of defense for most of the two terms served by his son, Bush is even more critical. He is quoted as saying: "I don't like what he did, and I think it hurt the President," referring to his son.

"I've never been that close to him anyway. There's a lack of humility, a lack of seeing what the other guy thinks. He's more kick rear end and take names, take numbers. I think he paid a price for that. Rumsfeld was an arrogant fellow," he was quoted as saying in the biography.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/05/us-usa-politics-bush-idUSKCN0SU05620151105#szs8mptEA5xOE8lQ.97

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sai posted:

wait so because that site has old code linking to a clinton pac but now links to a bernie vid its actually funded by clinton as a smear campaign? i need some more lines drawn in mspaint for this

Hope this clears things up.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Sai posted:

both are PACs registered by a Professional Viral Video Marketeer who makes a living selling T-Shirts saying fckh8, Deport Racism and 'Bill for First Lagy', I really doubt this guy is in any way connected to the clinton campaign

Agreed. This is about making coin off of t-shirts and contributions. Aren't political action committees fun?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Plinkey posted:

Hope this clears things up.

very hosed up if true.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Michael Corleone posted:

This thread is getting so BORING, lets class it up by talking about how excited we are by JEB!

If Jeb! tried pulling poo poo like that, the website would be "RubioisFrench" and the source code would contain an apology.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RubiowasborninCuba.com

source code profusely apologizes, pledges unending support to the Castro family and the cause of Communism

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Two different polls have Jeb! at 4%. I can't believe how excited that makes me.

Seriously, I want to see even lower numbers for Jeb!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 22, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Look at this rebel, adding a comment after closing the document tag.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Those guys who helped turn my son into a candidate for worst president of all time and drove the country into a ditch filled with vile madness and hatred? Not a big fan.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Has anyone looked at the source code for Jeb's sites? I am sure they have the invasion plans of Iran Paul Wolfowitz drafted up.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

DeportRacism.com is the latest effort headed up by social media marketing activist, democratic digital strategist and viral video director Luke Montgomery.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

Has anyone looked at the source code for Jeb's sites? I am sure they have the invasion plans of Iran Paul Wolfowitz drafted up.

Even worse! There's HIDDEN SPANISH!!! Here come the black helicopters for Agenda 21.

But only for some of the links. Low energy. :effort:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

HiHo ChiRho posted:

DeportRacism.com is the latest effort headed up by social media marketing activist, democratic digital strategist and viral video director Luke Montgomery.

I'm sorry I'm going to need a screenshot of some source code with red lines scribbled on it to read that paged tia

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Patter Song posted:

Two different polls have Jeb! at 4%. I can't believe how excited that makes me.

Seriously, I want to see even lower numbers for Jeb!

Seriously. I want to see him bitching and moaning at the kiddie table while Lindsey drunkenly disembowels him.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

HiHo ChiRho posted:

it's pretty much his full-time job to make 'funny'/'inspiring' political virals and then sell t-shirts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Montgomery also "His recent edgy girls’ rights viral video sensation, “Potty-Mouth Princesses” was named by Mashable.com as the #1 viewed and shared viral ad on earth in October 2014"

i kind of doubt hillary is behind this in an effort to sink sanders im sorry /pol/ (for being jewish)

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

Montasque posted:

https://news.vice.com/article/these-kids-are-ripping-donald-trump-for-being-a-racist-dick

There's an anti-Trump pac called Deport Racism that is currently trying to get Trump kicked off SNL. They currently have a $5000 bounty for anyone who disrupts the live show(Sorry, no bounty for messing up the dress rehearsal.)

Over at /pol/ they are saying that Deport Racism is in fact a Hillary Clinton funded pac, and it seems they're correct.

So, a triumphant return of the Max Headroom incident?* :v:

(Actually, I think modern digital signal tech would prevent this utterly, wouldn't it?)

*NSFW for weirdness and side-shot of rear end

Logic Probed fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 5, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

Even worse! There's HIDDEN SPANISH!!! Here come the black helicopters for Agenda 21.

But only for some of the links. Low energy. :effort:

Currently listening to HANGER 18, looking at Jeb's html. poo poo just got real.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

awesmoe posted:

I'm kind of confused on the difference between PACs and super-PACs. Which is this (is it possible to tell?), and if it was a PAC (as opposed to a super pac) what are the laws about communication between the campaign and the organization?

They're set up as nonprofits under different sections of the Tax Code. I'd look it up but :effort: 501(something)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Logic Probed posted:

(Actually, I think modern digital signal tech would prevent this utterly, wouldn't it?)

I think the disruption they intended was less of a hack and more low tech - someone in the live studio audience screaming out that Trump is a racist.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So at what point does Jeb drop out? I feel like he's stubborn/entitled enough to feel like if he just hangs in there long enough, the pendulum will swing back his way, and the part of me that irrationally believes the universe is sane wants to agree that Trump and Carson will eventually flame out. But if he ever fell to the kiddy table that would just have to be the death knell. Is it just going to end with a Walker-esque crumple into nothingness, where he's below 1% when he taps out, or is he going to hold on to his meager percentage, and discover that other dropouts don't give him nearly enough?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

The Lord of Hats posted:

So at what point does Jeb drop out? I feel like he's stubborn/entitled enough to feel like if he just hangs in there long enough, the pendulum will swing back his way, and the part of me that irrationally believes the universe is sane wants to agree that Trump and Carson will eventually flame out. But if he ever fell to the kiddy table that would just have to be the death knell. Is it just going to end with a Walker-esque crumple into nothingness, where he's below 1% when he taps out, or is he going to hold on to his meager percentage, and discover that other dropouts don't give him nearly enough?

They are absolutely delusional enough to keep him in the race until iowa. and i hope they do. I hope bush is in it long enough for two brutal, unexplainable losses.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
¡Jeb! needs an intervention.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Lord of Hats posted:

When he runs out of money then he'll quit. That's how trump is loving people up. We're months from any primaries and Trump arguably can't win the nomination but he can make people exit the race with a horse and pony show that makes all the donors abandon Bush.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

/pol/ is now claiming that Hillary's official campaign gear shop is hosted on the same server as Luke Montgomery's sites:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Montasque posted:

/pol/ is now claiming that Hillary's official campaign gear shop is hosted on the same server as Luke Montgomery's sites:

Seems to me like they're just both using "shopify" which is probably some kind of generic ecommerce hosting service.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Montasque posted:

Duh, it's loving Shopify. You can tell that by the domain names alone.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Seems to me like they're just both using "shopify" which is probably some kind of generic ecommerce hosting service.

It is. /pol/ is retarded.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Montasque posted:

It is. /pol/ is retarded.

that's just what they want you to thinkn :tinfoil:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

follow the money ........

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'd like to think Trump urging Jeb to drop out was some Machiavellian maneuver to make Jeb firmly declare he's still committed to the campaign. It makes sense for Trump to try to keep both Jeb and Rubio in the race so the GOP won't rally too soon around Rubio.

I'm less inclined to believe this theory because such moves only happens in bad fiction with mary sue all-knowing manipulators where everything was PART OF THE PLAN ALL ALONG because bad writing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It’s like claiming that there’s a connection between two people because they both have CafePress stores.

With Shopify the fallacy is just a little less obvious because it’s a back‐end.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 22, 2016

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

CBS News posted:

NAPLES, Florida -- Ben Carson stood by his long-held belief about ancient pyramids in Egypt, that they were used to store grain, rather than to inter pharaohs.

Asked about this Wednesday, Carson told CBS News, "It's still my belief, yes."

Carson reiterated to CBS News that "the pyramids were made in a way that they had hermetically sealed compartments....You would need that if you were trying to preserve grain for a long period of time."

What Carson has in mind here is the seven years of plenty in Egypt, referred to in Genesis, when "Joseph stored up grain in great abundance like the sand of the sea, until he stopped measuring it, for it was beyond measure." In the Bible, Joseph fed Egypt and the rest of the world during the seven years of drought that followed.

God drat it, I can barely stand it anymore, Ben Carson is for real a crazy person, how is that not a thing?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 5, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Logic Probed posted:

You could still do that today, digital doesn't mean encrypted in a way that prevents override really. It'd be difficult but so was the headroom incident.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

It’s like claiming that there’s a connection between two people because they both have CafePress stores.

With Shopify the fallacy is just a little less obvious because it’s a back‐end.

Did you notice that they both have their websites... on the internet?! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

God drat it, I can barely stand it anymore, Ben Carson is for real a crazy person, how is that not a thing?

Yes, he is. Ben Carson is a crank. One of these days Ben Carson will see a bumper sticker for Infowars and then the following day he'd start talking about this fascinating theory he heard about the melting point of steel beams and his contention that jet fuel does not burn at a sufficient temperature.

• Locked thread