Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Next match is starting in a couple of minutes featuring a 3 K-wing list that has gone 6-0 so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think I would have to avoid playing a KKK list, just on principle.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

3K, sir. The KKK list was posted by trolls, not X-wang players.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I like the name K3

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Kubed?

It's a brutal list though, Corran is utterly neutralised with all the stress this spits out. And it's not a deterrent to taking Tactician that it's only in arc if you really think about it, for two points it's still a nice bonus when you do land those in-arc shots.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That was indeed a brutal list. The KKK took my E-wing away

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I need to try that 3K list, seems like fun.

Looked like TLT and Tactician on each K-wing, with two Wardens and Miranda.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 5, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bob Ross is now my nightly ritual, so I've started painting again. Needed some practice cuz I haven't painted in about a month so I did some easier blending and edging parts here. Now to consider what basecoat is appropriate for a SLAM SECTOR paint job. :evilbuddy:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

I think I would have to avoid playing a KKK list, just on principle.

As long as you don't also use the SS target locks, I think you're still ok.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

ConfusedUs posted:

As long as you don't also use the SS target locks, I think you're still ok.

You made me laugh out loud, you bastard. Now I'm going to hell.

I'm going to sit over here in my sad mean corner and play Crabs Adjust Humidity to feel better about myself.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Top 16 started, Whisper/Howlrunner/Academy x3 vs Vader/Jax/Palpatine

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I have an unnatural love for single-ship-type lists, so I might have to try that KKK K3 out sometime.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Any predictions for what we'll see in Worlds top 16?

My guesses?

At least one Fat Han.
Multiple Palpshuttle + 2 aces (probably Soontir + Vader)
No 4x TLT, but certainly at least one list with two of them.
Some kind of Crack Shot swarm or mini-swarm
The TIE Punisher will make an appearance (probably Redline in a palpshuttle build)

There's still 3-4 lists I haven't seen, but it looks like I missed out on the Fat Han and Punisher guesses and nailed the rest.

There is a Decimator in the top 16 though, of all things, which I absolutely did not expect.

tatertot
Aug 29, 2003
I flew the vader+crack shot swarm that was the second game on stream yesterday. I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself. It was all downhill after that loss. I faced 3 chewies with gunner, predator, c3p0, falcon title. Even without engine upgrades I just couldn't deal with them.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

tatertot posted:

I flew the vader+crack shot swarm that was the second game on stream yesterday. I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself. It was all downhill after that loss. I faced 3 chewies with gunner, predator, c3p0, falcon title. Even without engine upgrades I just couldn't deal with them.

Ugh, that's rough buddy. I imagine you, more or less, lost one TIE every round you were in range of the falcon?

I run a miniswarm with Crack Shot and the falcon is the one ship I have the most trouble with myself.

(That's why I try to ion it off the board with Deathrain and connor nets)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

There's still 3-4 lists I haven't seen, but it looks like I missed out on the Fat Han and Punisher guesses and nailed the rest.

There is a Decimator in the top 16 though, of all things, which I absolutely did not expect.

A 4 thug with TLT and unhinged came in 8th, and another 4 Y variation came in 15th (3 Grays with TLT and title, one with stressbot, and a Gold with autoblaster)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

A 4 thug with TLT and unhinged came in 8th, and another 4 Y variation came in 15th (3 Grays with TLT and title, one with stressbot, and a Gold with autoblaster)

Yeah I missed that 8th slot. I guess 50% ain't bad for guesses.

I really didn't see that Decimator making it though. Zero evade dice is rough.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Triple K is back on stream for the round of 8. :)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, should be interesting. Ks with tactician and TLTs with one being miranda.

tatertot
Aug 29, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Ugh, that's rough buddy. I imagine you, more or less, lost one TIE every round you were in range of the falcon?

Either that or you intentionally not spend tokens to allow 1 damage to go through and prevent gunner from activating.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah I missed that 8th slot. I guess 50% ain't bad for guesses.

I really didn't see that Decimator making it though. Zero evade dice is rough.

Yeah, any higher it'd be a bad sign for the meta really. Did anyone pick Corran being the #1 ace though? He's in 5 lists.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ha, just saw a nova squad post about the top rankings so far. Looks like Jeremy might be getting his revenge on paul after the last tourney at nova.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The commentators for the Worlds live stream are pretty great and educational. Then again, they're employees of FFG and getting paid so I suppose that's to be expected.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

So if I can only bring core set asteroids to a tournament, why do the YT-2400/decimatior/raider/etc come with more?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive posted:

The commentators for the Worlds live stream are pretty great and educational. Then again, they're employees of FFG and getting paid so I suppose that's to be expected.

I don't know about that.

Half the time they're answering random questions instead of commenting on what's happening in the game. Who just shot who? What was the result? What did that crit say? I don't know because they're talking about anything except what's happening.

Random questions would be best in the planning phase, I feel.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deviant posted:

So if I can only bring core set asteroids to a tournament, why do the YT-2400/decimatior/raider/etc come with more?

You can bring any three rocks you want, from either core set. The debris from the 2400 and decimator are legal too.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

You can bring any three rocks you want, from either core set. The debris from the 2400 and decimator are legal too.

But not the Raider? I'm confused as to why this is so weird.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Deviant posted:

But not the Raider? I'm confused as to why this is so weird.

I dunno. are there rocks in the raider?

You can't use the Raider itself in a 100 point match (you could use it in plce of 3 rocks in epic, though)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

I don't know about that.

Half the time they're answering random questions instead of commenting on what's happening in the game. Who just shot who? What was the result? What did that crit say? I don't know because they're talking about anything except what's happening.

Random questions would be best in the planning phase, I feel.

Ya that's my only complaint. Most of those random chat questions are being brought up by one of the two commentators and I did notice how he often brings them up during interesting moments. Like, shut the gently caress up man nobody cares about your personal favorite pilots during a crucial hit dice roll.

Their enthusiasm and insights and general interest in what's going on is what I was complimenting and I think that's pretty awesome.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

I dunno. are there rocks in the raider?

You can't use the Raider itself in a 100 point match (you could use it in plce of 3 rocks in epic, though)

Yeah, it comes with three.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It's just a bo1? So the finals match is pretty much already decided 15 minutes in... :effort:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Well there we go, three time world champion :v:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Well good job Paul 3x champ

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
That was a fantastic match to watch, glad I picked up the finals round.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

LOL, nova squad guys want to rename it heaver squadron already. Can't wait for the t-shirts.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Good to see some Xwings in the final. Even if they were the new hotness version.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Think they will put out division based on different time periods?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Think they will put out division based on different time periods?

IIRC one of the designers explicitly stated that they're keeping X-Wing situated in and around the Rebellion Era up to and including TFA.

Anything Clone Wars or Prequel era will likely not be added anytime soon or ever.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 5, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Deviant posted:

Yeah, it comes with three.

The tournament rules are really specific about the legal sources for rocks- the core sets, Decimator, and Outrider sets.

AndyElusive posted:

IIRC one of the designers explicitly stated that they're keeping X-Wing situated in and around the Rebellion Era up to and including TFA.

Anything Clone Wars or Prequel era will likely not be added anytime soon or ever.

The idea of x-wing is that you can put all the space ships together and have a good time, and yeah, FFG isn't interested in making prequel ships.

The TFA ships are reasonably costed for their increased capabilities compared to the originals. The T-65 is probably a bit pricey for what it does, but it's one of the design problems that's been with us since wave 1. Nobody's rushing out to spam Blue Squad Novices or Zeta pilots.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Man actually looking at that Good Ol Boy 3K list, thats a brutal setup. SLAM and having Miranda to add dice or recover shields and tactician.

This is going to be a new mean meta people copy. Heaver's list is good in his hands but I don't see many people putting it to as good use as he did.

• Locked thread