Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

death .cab for qt posted:

edit: christ are you people seriously that upset that it took 48 hours to patch in broken content

It was 109. :v:

It was poorly handled all around, but eh. It'll blow over and not really matter to anyone who bought Afterbirth from this point on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

109, alright. Still not a gigantic deal when the stuff is there, now, you can use it. Slow response on patching something is unfortunate but nothing that requires the responses that Ed really did deserve way back when.

I'm kind of sad nobody said "Ed fix your loving game" during this whole debacle. :(

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

njsykora posted:

Yeah this had to have something to do with it, its easy to leave something broken when you know there's no way for people to refund it short of bombarding Valve en masse and making a news story out of it. It's a pretty big oversight in the refund system, especially with how many games get big expansions like this.

It's a big grey area that I don't think is possible to solve without what you said.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Question. I want to play, did they fix all the achievement/challenge unlocking bugs yet? I just booted it up again and got a bunch of challenge unlock notices when I picked up an item, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be? At least it didn't flag my save as Platinum God again.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

MorphineMike posted:

you're a loving idiot

also you can't request refunds for dlc if you've played the base game for more than 2 hours, so you're a factually incorrect loving idiot

quote:

DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

:allears:

And please, keep telling me about how much you hate this game while furiously playing it every free hour, you sad, weird manchild :)

Edit: you factually incorrect, sad, weird manchild

Zo fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 5, 2015

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Can anyone tell me what the item on the right is, and what it does? I couldn't find it in the wiki.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

null posted:

Can anyone tell me what the item on the right is, and what it does? I couldn't find it in the wiki.

it makes a dude who moves kinda erratically behind you and apparently if your shots pass through him they deal more damage

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

President Ark posted:

it makes a dude who moves kinda erratically behind you and apparently if your shots pass through him they deal more damage

He follows your exact path, 3 seconds after you take it.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

President Ark posted:

Cool, thanks. Gonna go with The Mark then.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I still can't wrap my head around how those 70 random items managed to not make it in the game because of a bug? Why would 'Spider Mod' not work but other followers that wander around do?i Why would that pentagram item not work but anemic does? They're basically the same items that do slightly different things. BOI must have some retarded rear end coding. And this is a bug that causes sprite work to not make it into the games files at all?

Still not buying it. It may not have been intended to be an ARG but it was still something other than a ~BUG~

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Butyraceous posted:

BOI must have some retarded rear end coding.

oh man you don't even know

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ybbaB Babby is really good on builds with huge tears-up powers, but less good on builds that use stuff like Brimstone. If you're firing a billion tears a second like with Soy Milk, ybbaB Babby is really really good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Butyraceous posted:

I still can't wrap my head around how those 70 random items managed to not make it in the game because of a bug? Why would 'Spider Mod' not work but other followers that wander around do?i Why would that pentagram item not work but anemic does? They're basically the same items that do slightly different things. BOI must have some retarded rear end coding. And this is a bug that causes sprite work to not make it into the games files at all?

Still not buying it. It may not have been intended to be an ARG but it was still something other than a ~BUG~

I take it you aren't familiar with Ed McMillen's games? They are programmed really poorly.

Wasn't there like a pastebin or something about Flash Isaac's code floating around? Cause hoo boy, there were plenty of things that didn't work right in that version of the game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This is an Ed Mcmillen/Nicalas wonder duo. We're lucky the game is more stable the Flash version.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Butyraceous posted:

The most plausible explanation I can come up with is these items were buried wherever the hell the "big secret" is also buried, but the magic that keeps the assets for that poo poo out of sight wasn't working right and didn't actually push any of the updated resources to the functional game.

This still feels like a stretch, but it's mostly in the realm of possible. Also explains why ed can't offer a justification for why they weren't available from the start, it would require him to admit there's a system that can deliver his big secret from a mysterious location dataminers haven't been able to track down.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

This is after about 6 One Makes You Smaller pills. This run was hilarious. Ipecac + Head of the Keeper + Homing Shots + .5 Tech + that wiggle worm made my shots screw ball all over the screen.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

Zo posted:

:allears:

And please, keep telling me about how much you hate this game while furiously playing it every free hour, you sad, weird manchild :)

Edit: you factually incorrect, sad, weird manchild

you do realise that, for the majority of people (although not all), you didn't lick play and have it crash immediately, right? it takes some time to see it's obviously broken in every game mode, what with the random but regular crashes for a time attack under 30 minutes, greed mode that you may not get access to an iv bag until the last floor, and notice small chunk of items of the few hundred that are missing when you only see comparatively few per run. it seems unfeasable to me that the people who were unhappy of the release state of the game would be able to see most if not all of the new content was in some way nonfunctional whilst clocking less than two hours.

also i have no free hours because afterbirth is so buggy and poorly designed atm i'm spending the few weeks it'll take to make it playable interacting with morons like you who think that releasing a half functional game that explicitly promised more content than was provided, being poo poo at pr then backpeddling on dumb decisions whilst loving the game harder actually makes you god's gift to game design instead of an out of depth artist

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If you have the callous trinket, can it stop your follower from suiciding in The Guardian challenge?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
why does he have to be a touhou boss

why does he do the giant light tornadoes

im so tired

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

death .cab for qt posted:

ybbaB Babby is really good on builds with huge tears-up powers, but less good on builds that use stuff like Brimstone. If you're firing a billion tears a second like with Soy Milk, ybbaB Babby is really really good.

if you picked up polyphemus and quad shot it's pretty good with brimstone since you have all the time in the world to line yourself up and fire for the even bigger damage boost

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If you get small enough you can chill inside ybaB Baby and just fire away.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Multidimensional Buddy's flavor text is actually ydduB Buddy :goonsay:

Also he is a really cool familiar, one of the cooler additions to Afterbirth for sure. He's also an epilepsy threat though so people with that condition should be careful when taking him, especially if they have huge damage and thus huge tears.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
I hadn't seen this posted so here's what Edmund said about the whole thing:

https://np.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3rjx77/elephant/

Edmund posted:

Note: this isnt a debate thread, im going to post this here and leave it in hopes i can address a few things without spoiling anything else for those that care. i wont be responding to comments or reading them.

im sure most of you read my tweets explaining what happened with the latest updates addition of missing items. you can believe what you want, but i assure you most of the misconceptions causing issue revolve around stuff i cant address yet as well as random chance and the fact that we probably shouldn't have tossed the update up on he 109 hour when it was done on 108.. we thought we were having fun with your obsession with the number 109 but in the end it imploded and i woke up to the most confusing and jaw dropping barrage of tweets ive ever seen.

the basic facts: (there will some holes that will be filled in on a later blog post )

- the missing items were tied to a bug and a few other launch build issues and not at all intended to be missing from the game.

- we werent aware of the missing items at all for a few days after launch, thought they werent found yet or locked, it wasnt till i started testing with my debug steam copy that i saw that quite a few items were just gone from the game completely.

- i tried to address this without breaking the 4th wall on twitter and even showed 2 items so people knew the game for sure features 120+ but it ended up sending people down another path that i tried to stop by tweeting for people to not assume anything.. but the snowball kept rolling

- everyone was off for 2 days after the launch and day 1 patch so there wasnt anything we could do till tuesday.

- we had the patch fixed roughly 1-2 hours before we put it up but thought it would be fun to post it on the day associated with the donation machine bug that people seemed obsessed over so people didnt lose interest in exploring the unknown... hoping that people would see the 109 hour as more of a start of something than finish.. but sadly we all know how it ended.

- i really didnt care that much about the datamining and honestly dont see it at as an issue at this point.. i like to joke about stuff that ive find annoying or disheartening and it comes through really bad via text.

- im not remotely a petty person, i know you dont know me personally but its just not at all something in me.. and i sure as hell wouldnt attempt to gently caress over a fan base.. i mean poo poo i made this dlc with the fans in mind, 10-15% of the games content was made by you guys.. its just illogical to think i would try to upset or lie to a group of people i reach out to for feedback and ideas.

anyway like i said, the small holes in this story (that i know for a fact more than a few of you know the reasons for) will all be addressed in a postmortem of what i can almost call a social experiment at this point will eventually see the light of day.. one day.

again thanks for those of you who are logical and have become the voice of reason in a few of these threads, you guys give me hope.

i realize that quite a few of you feel slighted by large companies when it comes to content and manipulation.. but not everyone is the devil dudes and sometimes you find what appears to be logical in simple coincidences.

-Edmund

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's been posted like twice so far and people are talking about it right now!

edit: Apparently that's a different post so never mind!

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
If you use The High Priestess on Mom's heart, will you get stomped, or does that just happen against Mom?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm just sad about Judas being so much less, he was my favorite. Free devil deals was a huge sell. Also Judas feels much more dangerous because of all the new 'bullshitty' early room configurations (and spiked treasure rooms when you don't have bombs.) :mad:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
With Book of Belial not giving devil rooms anymore, they should just give The Lost the Goat Head.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

null posted:

If you use The High Priestess on Mom's heart, will you get stomped, or does that just happen against Mom?

The answer: you don't get stomped :)

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Trip Report: fixed Dr. Fetus is awesome; Greed Mode is still hilarious with Blank Card + 2 of Diamonds (+ all the battery items).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The Greed Donation Machine looks like such a pain in the rear end to fill to 999. It's jamming for Cobalt in the 2-4 coin range every time, it seems. I wonder if there's some kinda trick to making it able to accept a reasonable amount of coins.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Playing on a Mac is miserable because if I get the Flooded Caves I'm going to lose so many hearts to the floor texture not showing gaps.

Fortunately I decided to throw myself at the mercy of a one pip dice room and came out with Gnawed Lead and Leech. Picked up a Demon Baby and BBF afterwards. Didn't even need to touch my keyboard to beat Blue Baby.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know, I don't even know why I'm trying to get anything with The Lost done, what with the character select completion icons still being hosed. But I was. I was in Greed Mode with the little poo poo. I had a pretty sweet build going, too! ???'s Best Friend, Daddy Longlegs, Jar of Flies... made it clear to the Womb level by sitting on rocks, remote controlling a bloated fly corpse, and letting my friends kill things.

And then I got sniped from off-screen by an eye laser.

Oh well. It wasn't especially viable for Ultra Greed anyway. Can't exactly turtle up somewhere and let your AI buddies do all the work on him, after all...

E: At least it wasn't as bad as this. Devil Rooms ain't safe anymore.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 5, 2015

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Oraculum Animi posted:

Playing on a Mac is miserable because if I get the Flooded Caves I'm going to lose so many hearts to the floor texture not showing gaps.

Fortunately I decided to throw myself at the mercy of a one pip dice room and came out with Gnawed Lead and Leech. Picked up a Demon Baby and BBF afterwards. Didn't even need to touch my keyboard to beat Blue Baby.

What's broken? I play it on a mid-2015 mbpr without a problem.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

flyboi posted:

What's broken? I play it on a mid-2015 mbpr without a problem.

The Flooded Caves floor is completely black. I've read other Mac users with similar problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250900/discussions/0/490124466463751193/

And it also looks like someone found a fix.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, you can find a scalpel in the store that will take you straight to the blue womb. Definitely an...interesting item for sure.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Alkydere posted:

So, you can find a scalpel in the store that will take you straight to the blue womb. Definitely an...interesting item for sure.

Actually, I think you may have found the portal gun. Did you try using it again?

Menelven
Mar 28, 2010

When I saw this I was cursing the game quite badly. Then I went into the angel room, where thanks to the Chaos pick up, I found tear bombs. I'm not sure I've ever switched hate for love so quickly. Thanks game.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually, I think you may have found the portal gun. Did you try using it again?

Nope, forgot the name but it sounded like a surgical procedure, opened a door much like the blue one that goes to the Hush's hideout. I didn't take it, I was only on Basement 2 and was nowhere near strong enough to fight him. Unlimited charges, no use cost though. I'm guessing its purpose is "hey, you wanna go REAL fast kid?"

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Alkydere posted:

Nope, forgot the name but it sounded like a surgical procedure, opened a door much like the blue one that goes to the Hush's hideout. I didn't take it, I was only on Basement 2 and was nowhere near strong enough to fight him. Unlimited charges, no use cost though. I'm guessing its purpose is "hey, you wanna go REAL fast kid?"

Yeah, that's just the portal gun. Lets you drop two portals and transport between them anywhere on one floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Protip: Don't pick up Proptosis as Lilith unless you want your end to come to an end as soon as you wander into a "spiders on the far wall" room.