Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

(Hey the PC version is only like 3 dollars but I hear it's even buggier than the console version. Figure it's worth getting anyway, or should I try to find a PS3 copy on the cheap?)

To everyone else, do you think enough time has passed that most people would be alright with a 9/11 joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oLf5lA_qs

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Volcott posted:

(Hey the PC version is only like 3 dollars but I hear it's even buggier than the console version. Figure it's worth getting anyway, or should I try to find a PS3 copy on the cheap?)

There were a few issues but mostly at startup, actual in-game bugs/crashes I think I had... 1 in my most recent playthrough.

al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released an audio message yesterday, urging all islamic militants to join forces in Syria & Iraq to fight against the Russians and the Western powers. This about a month & half after his last published message where he condemned ISIS among others.

deviler
Feb 20, 2007

Let's take this star craft out of dry dock, shall we?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Hard to tell, but that's the Arabian Gulf

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

How the Dalai Lama is described in (the 1719 German translation of) Alain Manesson Mallet's Description of the Universe:

quote:

As this book often talks about the Great Lama or high priest of the Tartars, we deem it necessary to introduce him not only in short, but also describe him in more detail. He is the highest priest of the religion in the Kingdom of Barantola.

This kingdom is ruled by two kings. The first, who is called "Deva", concerns himself with the state and with all matters, as happen in the kingdom, that law and order are maintained. The other king lives in quiet, and free from all earthly troubles, and he is venerated as a deity not only by the inhabitants thereof, but also by other Tartar kings, who are subject to him in matters of religion. They call him the living and true God or "Lama Congin", i.e. the eternal and heavenly father, and they willingly undertake pilgrimages in his honour.

He lives in a dark and secluded place in his palace, which is entirely covered with gold, silver and gems and illuminated by many lamps. There he sits elevated on a cushion filled with down feathers and has his feet lying on beautiful carpets in front of him. The foreigners deeply bow in front of him as a sign of their deep respect and awe, and are not allowed to approach him and kiss his feet without doing so. They call this false god "the great Lama", that is a high priest, and the Lama above all lamas, i.e. a priest above all priests, as they think that all of their religion has its origin in him.

But that his eternity might not end with his life, the common lamas who endlessly sit in his company, serve him, receive his supposedly divine exclamations and carry those to the simple-minded foreign peoples, make a great effort, that they look in the entire kingdom after his death for someone who looks as similar to him as possible. This one they seat in place of the deceased, and they know how to do this with such cunning, that no-one in all the kingdom notices the deception.

They want to tell everyone that the eternal father had risen from the dead for the last seven hundred years, and that from this time on he had always been alive, and should live on forever. They teach this to the barbaric peoples and convince them with satanic guile so that they do not have the slightest doubt in their faith, and so everybody, even the powerful, hold him in such high esteem that they deem themselves lucky to attain the dried filth leaving his body and put it in a golden box which they carry at their necks, and they use its content as medicine for a great variety of diseases.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I bet you did not see this coming.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

LeJackal posted:

And its cousin,

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QtqrP99N8

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VK1iDIcnHQg

Thank you, Polly!

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Some Cold War stuff for your Tuesday morning.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

LeJackal posted:

which movie is that from?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

LordArgh posted:

which movie is that from?

Looks familiar

(Come and See, 1985)

Edit: Not saying that's the source mind

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Israel has a powerful new supporter

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Those loving poo poo heels don't have the balls to wear those in public.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Seattle-based Gravity Payments team:

A year ago the CEO set the company's minimum wage to $70k. Their doom was angrily and gleefully predicted by the usual angry gleeful blowhards. Today their profits have doubled, their growth rate is double, and the customers that didn't initially run from them have been replaced by a customer base which has lower turnover.

Rand alPaul posted:

Israel has a powerful new supporter

What the actual gently caress is even happening in this exchange??

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

it's just a screencap from jenna jameson's twitter feed; she recently converted to judaism apparently. the Netanyahu is a parody account,

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Harris-Perry jumps shark, says that using the term "Hard Worker" in reference to Paul Ryan is insulting to slaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdtAxXGh-Y

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

:smith:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

From The Look of Silence

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-carsons-unusual-theory-about-pyramids/

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure he got that from Civilization II or III, the pyramids counted as a granary for each city in them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Sounds like one of Bill's ideas

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kavak posted:

I'm pretty sure he got that from Civilization II or III, the pyramids counted as a granary for each city in them.

It was an early Medieval idea. They didn't know what the pyramids were so they jumped to conclusions based on the story in the Bible about Joseph overseeing storage of food in Egypt to last for a 7 year famine.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

Sounds like one of Bill's ideas

hell yeah

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

The Cherokee Nation Website posted:

The Cherokee never wore headdresses, as did some of the Plains Indians. Cherokee warriors usually shaved or plucked their heads except for a single scalp-lock towards the back of the head; they would use it to tie one eagle or turkey feather to their heads. The Cherokee men wore woven turbans made of hide or cloth. Sequoyah, the creator of the Cherokee Syllabary, is always pictured wearing a turban.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

• Locked thread