Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Michael Travolta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he's very clearly Tommy Wiseau

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to share a story:

I'm training a new guy and we are talking about video games and I ask him if he's excited for Fallout 4.

"No, I really like the setting but I wanted an FPS with FO3 and couldn't handle how boring it was to go into VATS for every single fight."
"VATS isn't required at all."
"What...?"
"Yeah you can run and gun. You can even do third person if you like that style."
"WHAT?"
*I pull up a video of FO3 and NV gameplay without VATS*
"AHHHHH WHAT THE HELL I THOUGHT IT WAS REQUIRED!"
"Did you ever, yknow, left click?"
"Yeah but it would just open VATS."
"Did you install a bunch of mods before playing through once vanilla."
"...yes I did."
"You are a big dum dum and I almost feel sorry for you."

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Panderfringe posted:

i think he looks more John Travolta-ish.

It's more like the bastard child of John Travolta and John Romero.

Also are you supposed to hate Piper for trying to start a witch hunt when you first meet her or is the writing really fhaaahahaha just kidding, we have found a spiritual successor to Deadly Premonition in terms of Lynchian writing. Only this time, it's not intentional.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

I have to share a story:

I'm training a new guy and we are talking about video games and I ask him if he's excited for Fallout 4.

"No, I really like the setting but I wanted an FPS with FO3 and couldn't handle how boring it was to go into VATS for every single fight."
"VATS isn't required at all."
"What...?"
"Yeah you can run and gun. You can even do third person if you like that style."
"WHAT?"
*I pull up a video of FO3 and NV gameplay without VATS*
"AHHHHH WHAT THE HELL I THOUGHT IT WAS REQUIRED!"
"Did you ever, yknow, left click?"
"Yeah but it would just open VATS."
"Did you install a bunch of mods before playing through once vanilla."
"...yes I did."
"You are a big dum dum and I almost feel sorry for you."

That trainee's name? Adolf Hitler.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Piper's a robot. You heard it here first! Obv. we won't find out until a week from now but, yeah, calling it.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
You guys weren't exaggerating. this stream is excruciating to watch.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
nvm

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I am going to pay full price for this game, at launch, and I'm going to have a shitload of fun. gently caress the haters.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Geoff Zahn posted:

Diamond city isn't THAT small. It's not like, 'captiol city of Skyrim yet only 3 shops and 4 houses small'

To be fair wasn't the capitol of Skyrim just the capitol of whichever province the Jarl that was elected ruled over? Whiterun was a really small town with a fancy cathedral but some of the north and north/western cities were really big and fancy.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Borsche69 posted:

I am going to pay full price for this game, at launch, and I'm going to have a shitload of fun. gently caress the haters.

how brave

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

I'm going to have fun too. What I've seen, I love.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
This guy has been on 1hp with the heartbeat noise for over half an hour at this point

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Same busted rear end engine, same loading every time you want to enter a hut.

To Bethesdas credit, the animations ALMOST look human in this game. But then they decided to add the worst lip sync in the history of videogames lmao

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Speedball posted:

Is this guy DarkSydePhil or something?

Has to be.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Generation Internet posted:

This guy has been on 1hp with the heartbeat noise for over half an hour at this point

ahahah is that what that is?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

HATE STREAMER

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Odobenidae posted:

To be fair wasn't the capitol of Skyrim just the capitol of whichever province the Jarl that was elected ruled over? Whiterun was a really small town with a fancy cathedral but some of the north and north/western cities were really big and fancy.

Solitude was the Capitol, Winterhold originally was I think but it fell off a cliffside when Red Mountain erupted. Solitude is described as a huuuuuuuuge city full of activity and all we got was a tiny village.

RUDE ROBOT
Feb 19, 2013

This stream is a bloody fever dream. The constant heartbeat, cat meowing, and people grunting in the background. It never ends.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Borsche69 posted:

I don't care if you're for or against Fallout 4, doin' that is just silly. :colbert:

silencekit
May 1, 2014

The stream is about as much fun as watching somebody get a haircut irl

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
There is a stream? Where?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

iuvian posted:

But then they decided to add the worst lip sync in the history of videogames lmao

Have you heard of Life is Strange my man?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the voice direction (lack of?) is so loving weird

RUDE ROBOT
Feb 19, 2013

Broose posted:

There is a stream? Where?

http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Thank you. What is with this music?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Ehhhhh don't bother. At this point the raging in the stream chat is more entertaining than the stream itself.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Broose posted:

Thank you. What is with this music?

he found a way to make his stream more annoying

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Well if there's one thing I learned from tonight, it's that I might give that Piper lady a chance.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
:geno: this is a hold up. drop your guns

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

"wow i died in one hit, that's real weird"

"wow it happened again"

"wooooooooow"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

edit: TOMMY GUN

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
nvm

Riversideblues fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 5, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is mildly offensive

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
The horrible generic hipster pop dance song that played out of nowhere in the ambient game music lmfao

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
I thought the steam made the game look bad? From what I've seen the game looks pretty... awesome?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

This is mildly offensive

Why is this guy shaking down Steve Urkel for drugs?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Hahahahahaha this guy is amazing.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
So it's true, there's holstering in third person. Everyone's pulling their guns out of their butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
The horrible generic hipster pop dance song that played out of nowhere in the ambient game music lmfao

• Locked thread