Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Galick posted:

So, is there a place I can watch the entire Parallel Worlds LP without having to download each file one by one from the LP archive? It doesn't have an internet archive link at the top, I looked.
It seems to be on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNo9dgYqFLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Due to a recent break up I'm kind of depressed, can you guys recommend a funny LP that will cheer me up or whatever?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Saints Row 2

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Blue Stinger by OatmealRaisin and Panzer Skank is super funny too, as is pretty much anything Danaru and his partner does link goes to his youtube channel because if I didn't do that I would literally be linking every LP they've ever done

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Azran posted:

Due to a recent break up I'm kind of depressed, can you guys recommend a funny LP that will cheer me up or whatever?

Mercenaries 2

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Azran posted:

The Freelance Astronauts' New Super Mario Bros LP never fails to make me smile.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Got a preference for SSLP or VLP? If not, there's a South Park: Stick of Truth SSLP goin' on, and the game itself is hilarious: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732262

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Le0 posted:

I started watching DeadRodent's LP of Outlast and enjoying it quite a bit (http://lparchive.org/Outlast/).
I love survival/horror stuff, are there other LPs like this?

There's a pretty neat Outlast LP that started up a couple days ago that probably needs a little more love: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749404

Espresso Steampunk is doing a run through of Outlast with his father as a co-comentator as sort of a social experiment/LP. It's an interestingly genuine concept, all told.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azran posted:

Slowbeef's Sonic 06 LP is pretty great.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Try one of The Dark Id's LPs. My personal favorites are Resident Evil 4 and Clock Tower 3.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Is there a good collection of offsite LPs anywhere or am I stuck searching YT for Let's Play and skipping to page 500 or so?

Turtlicious posted:

Slowbeef's Sonic 06 LP is pretty great.

Massrafter & Hulkamatts Sonic 06 LP is excellent as well

Edit: Also Raven's Cry by the Men Drinkin' Coffee

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 4, 2015

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

FillInTheBlank posted:

Is there a good collection of offsite LPs anywhere or am I stuck searching YT for Let's Play and skipping to page 500 or so?

It's not a collection, but there is the Miscellaneous Outside-SA thread here. You can ask for recommendations there.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff
SpoilerWarning seems great but I can't stand Mumbles shouting over everyone all the time in the Skyrim season, I had to drop it after 3 videos. If you had to recommend me one of the earlier seasons without her, what would be the best place to start? Alternatively, if she's less shouty in one of the later seasons, that's fine too.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Thank you for the recommendations. Sadly I had already completed Sonic '06 and TDI's catalogue, so I will look into the others :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Azran posted:

Thank you for the recommendations. Sadly I had already completed Sonic '06 and TDI's catalogue, so I will look into the others :v:

I'd throw in a recommendation for TheStrawhatNO's Agent Under Fire LP. Or Punch Out!! Wii

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Seconding. Vikings Versus Venezuela deserves to be mentioned on every page. But, uh, not if you have depressed arson tendencies.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Loezi posted:

SpoilerWarning seems great but I can't stand Mumbles shouting over everyone all the time in the Skyrim season, I had to drop it after 3 videos. If you had to recommend me one of the earlier seasons without her, what would be the best place to start? Alternatively, if she's less shouty in one of the later seasons, that's fine too.

Fallout 3 is probably my favorite of their earlier seasons; it's just Josh, Shamus and Rutskarn. She tends to be on the loud side in most of their videos, but I don't remember it being as noticable during Deus Ex or the Mass Effect seasons.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
DoctorKill's zelda LPs are really good! They are really good.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Dr. Kill's Zelda LPs are, indeed, really good.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I only watched DoctorKill's Ocarina of Time LP but I liked it a lot. It starts out really rough but he eventually switches to post- and co-commentary which I feel both worked a lot better for him. Sometimes he got a dud guest since he didn't know most of them before he started recording, but there were far more good episodes than bad episodes overall and it showcased tons of wacky bugs.

It's pretty much where I expected SwordlessLink's LPs to reach until he went and became loving terrible.

TozmaT
Apr 28, 2008
Does anyone know what happened to the videos from this (fantastic) Disaster: Day of Crisis LP? I somehow didn't notice the thread til a while after it closed and only managed to get about halfway in before the youtube links all died for some reason. I didn't see it on the archive; does it still exist or am I out of luck?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

TozmaT posted:

Does anyone know what happened to the videos from this (fantastic) Disaster: Day of Crisis LP? I somehow didn't notice the thread til a while after it closed and only managed to get about halfway in before the youtube links all died for some reason. I didn't see it on the archive; does it still exist or am I out of luck?

It was on the archive for a while but it seems to have been removed, possibly at Niggurath's request.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TozmaT posted:

http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/167

TozmaT
Apr 28, 2008

Awesome, thanks!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That's actually not the same LP, but it is the funniest LP so enjoy anyway.

Kaubocks posted:

I only watched DoctorKill's Ocarina of Time LP but I liked it a lot. It starts out really rough but he eventually switches to post- and co-commentary which I feel both worked a lot better for him. Sometimes he got a dud guest since he didn't know most of them before he started recording, but there were far more good episodes than bad episodes overall and it showcased tons of wacky bugs.

It's pretty much where I expected SwordlessLink's LPs to reach until he went and became loving terrible.

For those unaware, he recently started a Majora's Mask LP with the same theme, and apparently Majora, despite running on pretty much the same engine, is hosed up in completely different ways than Ocarina. I recommend it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745367

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 5, 2015

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Speaking of DoctorKill's LPs, which I've been enjoying a lot, does anyone have any other glitch LPs to recommend? I've read Let's Horribly Break Pokemon Blue on the archive, too, and that one's also entertaining.

Speedrun-oriented videos that slow down enough to explain the tricks they're pulling off would probably scratch the itch, too.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MeccaPrime's Link's Awakening LP is glitchy as hell and fun to watch.

I also enjoyed Just A Friend's Spyro 2 and 3 LPs-- while admittedly not a super horrible broken mess 100% of the time, he shows of tons of bugs and overall it's a good time. I stopped watching the Spyro 4 run midway through though because that game is dull as poo poo.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

dscruffy1 posted:

It was on the archive for a while but it seems to have been removed, possibly at Niggurath's request.

Which is a shame, because it was really good.

Tommy_Blanco
Oct 29, 2011
Any good recommendations for a video lp of the fallout series? I remember laughing pretty hard at the tippin' 40's New Vegas one a while back, but would love to see a semi serious play through.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Tommy_Blanco posted:

Any good recommendations for a video lp of the fallout series? I remember laughing pretty hard at the tippin' 40's New Vegas one a while back, but would love to see a semi serious play through.

I really enjoy the work Many a True Nerd has done over on Youtube. He's done Fallout 3 and New Vegas runs where he had to kill every living thing he came across, runs where he refused to kill anything (it's really surprising just how much of the games you can complete without killing anything!), he created You Only Live Once runs where he refuses to heal damage or radiation to see if the games are doable on one solitary health bar, & my personal favorite, a Don't Starve run in New Vegas with the intention of blitzing through the base game in Hardcore mode without eating, drinking or sleeping.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Princey posted:

Speaking of DoctorKill's LPs, which I've been enjoying a lot, does anyone have any other glitch LPs to recommend? I've read Let's Horribly Break Pokemon Blue on the archive, too, and that one's also entertaining.

Speedrun-oriented videos that slow down enough to explain the tricks they're pulling off would probably scratch the itch, too.

In addition to those mentioned, Elephantgun has a great glitch LP of Final Fantasy VI that's worth checking out. The final update in particular has a really cool twist if you're familiar with the game.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

There any good LPs of Dying Light? I haven't been able to find any on here and I'm afraid to jump in the youtube LP cesspit without some kind of guideline.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

InequalityGodzilla posted:

There any good LPs of Dying Light? I haven't been able to find any on here and I'm afraid to jump in the youtube LP cesspit without some kind of guideline.

I wouldn't mind knowing this my self and a recommendation for X3 as well. I saw it went up on GOG recently but drat if it isn't a daunting game to get into. I wouldn't mind watching a LP that goes over some of the more intricate features. Off site or on and it doesn't need to be "entertaining" just factual with good insight.

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

Has anyone done a good LP of Warcraft 2 and/or 3?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what's a good LP of games with bizarre mechanics (like The Void) or hard and obscure puzzles (Riven, La Mulana, etc)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

what's a good LP of games with bizarre mechanics (like The Void) or hard and obscure puzzles (Riven, La Mulana, etc)

KannibalK9 has an LP of The Void up on the lp archive. On mobile so I can't provide a link but it's a very solid LP.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Acne Rain posted:

Mentioning La-Mulana you may be interested in Agent355's LP of the game http://lparchive.org/La-Mulana-(by-Agent355)/
Agent and co. go through the game in both regular and hard mode explaining how all the puzzles can be solved using in-game clues.
It's biggest weakness is the "I have to suffer, so you have to too" mentality when it comes to editing sometimes but despite that occasional flaw it's a very enjoyable LP.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I should've made it clearer that I've seen a La Mulana LP (Highwang's) and have watched the Void, these were examples.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Acne Rain posted:

I should've made it clearer that I've seen a La Mulana LP (Highwang's) and have watched the Void, these were examples.

In that case you might like Froze Treasure's Fez LP. It has the distinct quality of not making it its tiresome mission to poo poo on phil fish because lol phil fish sux lol. It instead focuses on the positives. http://lparchive.org/Fez/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Acne Rain posted:

I'd recommend listening to / watching Agent355's LP of La Mulana anyway, he and his co-commentators (mainly Yappo) have good rapport and Olesh's hardmode run (and blind HELL TEMPLE stream :getin:) is interesting for just how much better he is at video games :v: