Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Sooooo, the dealer I bought a car off of back in July still hasn't given the Secretary of State a valid title for the car. They'd taken care of registration back when I bought it, (charging me $221 for the pleasure) and I assumed this whole time that the bank I'd financed with had possession of the title.

Nope, I get a letter on the 20th from the S.o.S. saying that the most recent valid title for the car I've been driving and making payments on the past 5 months was issued one state over, back in 2013.

I've contacted the dealership about it almost every day since Tuesday last week, and each time it's another excuse for why the person responsible for titles is unavailable to help me out right now. I've been keeping a log of it. After the 10th call, I'm told today the only person who can help me out (3rd down the referral chain) has been out sick for 2 weeks and "Was supposed to be back this Monday but call back Friday and we'll see where she is."

I feel like they're jacking me around. How long should I wait to lawyer up? By all rights I should be able to drop the car off and get my full purchase price back, and I've got half a mind to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
On a scale of 1 to Weaboo, what kind of reactions can I expect if I were to mimic the paint scheme of a Japanese police car on my own vehicle?

Picture for reference

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Bleh, my PMs disappeared in the forums drama.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

On a scale of 1 to Weaboo, what kind of reactions can I expect if I were to mimic the paint scheme of a Japanese police car on my own vehicle?

Picture for reference

Don't scallop the hood and you're good to go.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, stepdad is in a lovely situation with Walgreens.

... the sewers for his store backed up. I just took him dinner... he's been waiting for 2 1/2 hours for a plumber to show up. The restoration company has already showed up, but can't do poo poo until poo poo stops burping up from the floor drains. And his boss won't answer her phone or respond to any texts.

They're gonna be pretty crappy about the overtime, but oh well, poo poo happens.

(god I need to stop with the lovely puns)

CharlesM posted:

Umm my oven takes 6 minutes to warm up. You guys need to fix yours.

It'll cost more to fix than to replace. And replacement really isn't in the cards right now. Even when it did work right, it still took about 20 minutes to heat up, since it's one of those high priced ovens that hides the heating elements under the floor of the oven instead of having them exposed.

literally a fish posted:

Chance's are it's just fuckt, it was probably a cheap crappy oven when it was new. :v:

Ours wasn't cheap, but definitely crappy. Both the dishwasher and wall oven (double oven of course) are Bosch. Guess which two appliances have given us the most trouble? (and the most magic smoke.. actually, the only magic smoke from any appliances)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

Don't scallop the hood and you're good to go.

I like the scalloped hood.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

blk posted:

Did you get my one reply?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I like the scalloped hood.

Full weeaboo, then.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NoWake posted:

Sooooo, the dealer I bought a car off of back in July still hasn't given the Secretary of State a valid title for the car. They'd taken care of registration back when I bought it, (charging me $221 for the pleasure) and I assumed this whole time that the bank I'd financed with had possession of the title.

Nope, I get a letter on the 20th from the S.o.S. saying that the most recent valid title for the car I've been driving and making payments on the past 5 months was issued one state over, back in 2013.

I've contacted the dealership about it almost every day since Tuesday last week, and each time it's another excuse for why the person responsible for titles is unavailable to help me out right now. I've been keeping a log of it. After the 10th call, I'm told today the only person who can help me out (3rd down the referral chain) has been out sick for 2 weeks and "Was supposed to be back this Monday but call back Friday and we'll see where she is."

I feel like they're jacking me around. How long should I wait to lawyer up? By all rights I should be able to drop the car off and get my full purchase price back, and I've got half a mind to do it.

They're not going to do anything for you. Call a lawyer tomorrow and at least find out your options. If you can, I'd park the car until you talk to a lawyer.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 5, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

some texas redneck posted:

Why the hell are you running the a/c when it's that nice outside? Or do the windows not open?

Yeah, doesnt really have "Windows" as such... The side windows are the doors and supported by not a lot and hang out nearly a meter from the machine when open, so your asking for the first tree to destroy em and the back window if you open it basically inhales every piece of dust and chaff that the slasher kicks up straight down the back of your neck.

Theres also the whole "Sitting on a tractor with a 4.7L diesel roaring away at 2250rpm in front of you, a 16 speed transmission howling away under you and an 8 foot slasher behind you with a 1000rpm driveshaft chewing up grass, rocks, logs, etc" that makes it painfully loud to have the doors open.

Hence why the AC is a critical component.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

blk posted:

I think they may come back cause they're rebuilding some tables or something like that.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

One upside to doing delivery for DoorDash vs Pizza Hut:

:stare:

I averaged 19-22 doing pizza. I'm driving a bit more (probably 1.5x as many miles per day), but the MPG, coupled with the somewhat reduced wear of driving nonstop for 10-15 minutes at a time instead of 3-5 minutes, kinda makes up for it (and the higher income really makes up for it).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, my friend is like 190 and all legs, he fits fine with the seat not even close to all the way back.

Kind of like how I fit fine in every Miata, but I can't drive an S2000 at all.

You must be oddly proportioned, my friend owns an S2000 and is 6'3" and fits fine. I'm 6'1" and also fit fine. My other friend who's 6'7" however can't even sit in the passenger seat with it all the way back without his knees on the dashboard.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

88h88 posted:

You must be oddly proportioned, my friend owns an S2000 and is 6'3" and fits fine. I'm 6'1" and also fit fine. My other friend who's 6'7" however can't even sit in the passenger seat with it all the way back without his knees on the dashboard.

That's the issue i had with the RX-7 at 6'9. there's a point where your knees can't pop under the dash into the footwell. a 36 inch inseam might be fine, a 38 inch inseam no god drat way.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

ilkhan posted:

At dentist. Mouth numb. Such a strange sensation.

This post brought to you by mouth numbing injections.

it is strange. I hadn't been to a dentist for over 20 years, but had to go to one a month ago because of a toothache so bad I wanted to jump in front of a truck (Didn't have the money for whisky so that was a viable alternative).
Back row of teeth hurt so much I couldn't say for sure which tooth caused it, and their x-rays were showing nothing wrong.
They kept suggesting maybe it was the wisdom tooth, I knew it wasn't, (I thought it was the second from the back). But because they weren't sure they sent me home. I guess to think about it?

Anyway, a week later I found a better dentist, and because my pain wasn't so great I knew it was the third from the back and that dentist yanked it out. It had cracked in two along the middle after I bit into a bone months ago, but didn't hurt until recently. Being in my jaw and having an old filling on top of the crack is why it never showed up in x-rays, it split in two after being pulled out.

This post brought to you by buffalo trace and my brain buzzing on antidepressant withdrawals

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Picture for reference

In Japan it'd look like a police car. In the US, it'd look like a lovely, homemade rust cover-up.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

In Japan it'd look like a police car. In the US, it'd look like a lovely, homemade rust cover-up.

So in short, it's either illegal or lame? :v:

IMO the majority of people would probably think you're just trying to do it up to look like the initial D AE86.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Question is, what car is it?

Also why in 2015 are there websites that have articles with 'pages' on them? I find that poo poo highly loving annoying and makes me want to sent explosives in the post to whoever decided it should be a thing.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

88h88 posted:

Also why in 2015 are there websites that have articles with 'pages' on them? I find that poo poo highly loving annoying and makes me want to sent explosives in the post to whoever decided it should be a thing.

Because it means you have to have more pageviews, which means they sell more ads.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sigma X posted:

Because it means you have to have more pageviews, which means they sell more ads.

Arseholes.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

88h88 posted:

Arseholes.

What I wouldn't give to live some place extra ones weren't floating around.
I have to move because the house I rent is being demolished. I had a promising lead today, decent location, a garage out the back old style where I could work on a car. Landlord is a bit of a slum lord, just wants rent, no maintenance costs, isn't fixing anything that is currently broken (like heater or a/c), or doing anything about the supershitty carpet and tiling.

Suits me fine as that means the rent is cheap and less competition from the non DIY tenants. I'm used to living like that as long as they fix anything major (electrical, stove, hot water), I'm happy to do minor work, and even install free air cons.
Mother loving arsehole vandals broke the fence down last night! (house is next to a vacant corner block with 7ft high dry weed grass as the house on that block was demolished a few months ago)
Knowing what the the landlord is like, I don't even know what they are going to do. I have to be out in two weeks apparently...

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 5, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

scuz posted:

6'7", 190lbs, can't use the clutch in an Outback without the car being violently shoved to the right thanks to my knee hitting the steering wheel.

6'5" 385lbs, can DD a 03 forester no problem.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

scuz posted:

Subaru hates tall people. Two-door Golfs, on the other hand...

I'm 6'5" with a 36-37" inseam and fit quite comfortably in my Justy, thanks.

Once I'm in it... and you have to just accept that it's a car you wear, not a car you sit in.

It took me a while to get used to clutching in the Forester without catching the brake pedal as well, since I have size 14 feet and wear steeltoe work boots every day, but it's second nature now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Picture for reference

I have to admit, stepping out of a store in Ginza and seeing a running new-generation Legacy GT police car with the doors unlocked was probably the most tempted I've ever been to steal a car.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have to admit, stepping out of a store in Ginza and seeing a running new-generation Legacy GT police car with the doors unlocked was probably the most tempted I've ever been to steal a car.

I felt the same way about all of the Levorgs I saw.

E: and 2014+ Atenza wagons

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Phone posted:

I felt the same way about all of the Levorgs I saw.

E: and 2014+ Atenza wagons

gently caress, the Levorgs hnnngh. And the goddamn Suzuki Cappuccinos.

I should knock my pictures together and do an effortpost sometime next week.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Ozmiander posted:

6'5" 385lbs, can DD a 03 forester no problem.

kastein posted:

I'm 6'5" with a 36-37" inseam and fit quite comfortably in my Justy, thanks.

Once I'm in it... and you have to just accept that it's a car you wear, not a car you sit in.

It took me a while to get used to clutching in the Forester without catching the brake pedal as well, since I have size 14 feet and wear steeltoe work boots every day, but it's second nature now.
Well what the crap maybe I need to reexamine my Subaru experience. The last time I sat in a Baja I felt very cramped.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had my exit interview with boss, he told me that he's never seen an intern get on with a team as quickly as I did, nor has he met someone who was so keen to learn new things and that if he had a position available he would hire me on the spot, but he'll let me know if something pops up anywhere in the US or Australia :getin:

he also said that I would be a brilliant project manager :blush:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I just popped that into Snopes and got "Half truth", TT.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Phone posted:

I lol'd.

You can manage my projects any time, TT.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phone posted:

lmfao

meatpimp posted:

I lol'd.

You can manage my projects any time, TT.

Thanks bud :3:

be warned I have no idea what I'm doing

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

scuz posted:

Well what the crap maybe I need to reexamine my Subaru experience. The last time I sat in a Baja I felt very cramped.

as an owner of 2.5 subarus I recommend not buying one.

Unless it's a 360, Brat, or Justy :v:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

kastein posted:

YOU FORGOT BAJA :argh:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Just realized I hadn't ventured anywhere off of work related sites for a few days, happy November everybody!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I kinda want another old Subaru for the hell of it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Justys look fun!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bajaha posted:

YOU FORGOT BAJA :argh:

I think it's time to accept that you have the only good baja in existence.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Great Beer posted:

I think it's time to accept that you have the only good baja in existence.

I saw a Baja the other day, with a shell on the back of it. :psyduck:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

kastein posted:

When I was 17 I drove a Justy for the weekend. That thing was a lot more fun than I was expecting. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

I saw a Baja the other day, with a shell on the back of it. :psyduck:

Yes, A.R.E. made them. I want a Baja with one.

• Locked thread