Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

While I'm bandwagoning JK can I also say that now Bioware's removed the financial cost of making friends with your crew I've come to quite like the Knight's companions. You've got a lot of Star Wars/KOTOR tropes but they're unique. Kira is your special apprentice/waifu but she's secretly a Sith since birth. Doc is Han Solo if he had a Doctor God complex. T7 is the R2D2 who knows everything and says nothing. Scourge is Darth Vader with an interesting plot twist and I love that he agrees to tag along but tells you to get hosed if you try and turn him from the dark side. I thought I'd hate Rusk but now I've done his conversations it's pretty obvious he's just a broken soldier.

I really like all of them and it's a crying shame I was finally able to finish their conversations only to lose them all to loving Zakuul.

Yeah, good point. I did like the JK companions, they're all pretty good.

Actually of the companions that I have (Inqusitior KotFE 9, other Force users to 50, Trooper at Balmorra and everyone else at Tatooine), I actually kind of like most of the companions in general, barring Kaliyo ('I am an edgy bad girl and I will make sure you know it'), Zenith ('I can't trust anyone' ad infinitum), and Broonmark ('who are you?'). From the admittedly small amount of interaction I've had with SCORPIO I wasn't impressed, but I kept having the feeling she was meant to be in a Mass Effect game.

I do like the droids in particular, though. We've got the R2D2, we've got the 3PO type, we've got the HK, we've got 4X, and maybe SCORPIO counts too? All we need is that gonk power droid with a blaster taped to it and we'll have reached some magical droid nirvana.

Especially now that roles can be changed, because what I really want out of life is to see a gonk droid hurl itself through the air like T7 or any of the Force users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kurieg posted:

If you got Vengeance Juggernaut you shout at people so hard they start bleeding.

the best part about Vengeance is that it's the only Juggernaut spec that makes you giggle when something procs, and it sounds really good and appropriate.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

And before someone else asks, yes you can get it if you're not in the US, you just add a fake American address to your account. Look up the address for a hotel or something.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Beeme posted:

Also, if you're male, can you have sex with that twilek woman in tython after her mother dies? And can you immediately admit to it to Orgus when he calls you? I racked up some evil points for agreeing to have a "sisterhood ritual" with her.

You can do this.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I just finished up all the bounty hunter companion conversations the other day, and they're mostly great. Gault in particular had way more and way better conversations than I would have guessed, and he actually revealed some interesting backstory about a significant figure in the game's lore. Mako's questline is really cool. (I'd seen it before, but it's been a while.) Blizz is always good for a laugh.

Skadge obviously is a turd, and Torian is kind of a waste of a good voice actor since he just says a bunch of Mandalorian gibberish. Some people might be into that.

Have I mentioned I don't like Mandalorians? They're such a transparent Klingon ripoff, and have less personality than the Jedi at their blandest. They had to make up a new language for them because there's only so many ways one character can say "I have a chip on my shoulder" in English.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I just finished up all the bounty hunter companion conversations the other day, and they're mostly great. Gault in particular had way more and way better conversations than I would have guessed, and he actually revealed some interesting backstory about a significant figure in the game's lore.

He's probably a lot more tolerable now that you don't get massively penalised for not agreeing to play along with his con jobs.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

You can do this.

Oh man, I wanna see that dialogue with Orgus. After the sisterhood ritual thing, all he wanted was for me to renegue on it. Too bad I'll probably never find a video of someone taking that path, since it takes you choosing a couple of dark options, and then choosing a light one.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Beeme posted:

Oh man, I wanna see that dialogue with Orgus. After the sisterhood ritual thing, all he wanted was for me to renegue on it. Too bad I'll probably never find a video of someone taking that path, since it takes you choosing a couple of dark options, and then choosing a light one.

It's kind of an anticlimax from memory.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Hmm, the game is now completely unplayable after I patched. I successfully logged in once, after which it promptly crashed. Anyone else experience any issues?

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
After doing Balmorra on my Inquisitor, I was almost howling with laughter at the absurdity of what my character did, in general, and just how deadpan she was about everything.

I like that the one scientist, if you decide to go the light side route, it just gives you tons of opportunity to renege on the deal to let him go after making you the serum, and that you basically give him a shuttle if you go the whole way. The whole scene is even more absurd if you just got done killing Major Bessiker for his previous insolence (and because he attacks you since you just killed his son for loot/being a prick)

And then Darth Zash just asks how you liked working with Major Bessiker, with nothing else said when you get back to the ship.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think LS Sith Warrior is a better KOTFE, because you are going leaps above Darth Baras on this one, and it's an even better reason why the Emperor chose you above all other to be the next Wrath.

I hope Scourge can be recruitable because I want to see what he has to say to the one who took the job.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Siets posted:

Coming back to this having not played since beta due to my uncontrollable hype for the upcoming JJ Wars: Lens Flare Strikes Back.

I have actually had no issue at all with the F2P model, except for one area: you have to apparently pay to get additional rows of ability hotbars!? :raise:

Ooooh kay then. :saddowns:

How do people "do" ability hotkey binds and/or rotations in this game? Is it kind of "whatever works for you?" While I am not at all opposed to subscribing (thinking about picking up that really nice $40 Amazon package deal) I feel positively disgusting spending money to unlock ability hotbars on my UI. Is there any kind of key binding setup that helps me to get around needing to do this? Does anyone play with one row of abilities, or do most end up spending the cartel coins on this feature once you gain enough levels and unlock enough abilities where it becomes a necessity?

:shrug: I'm up to level 32 with F2P, and I haven't minded much. It's not like you have to use every ability, and a lot of abilities get superseded by better ones. At least with Smuggler anyway, and I don't know if other classes have a cover bar type thing, but Smuggler gets a separate quickbar for when they're in cover, so that helps.

And the other thing is, so far, the class and story missions are ridiculously easy. The vast majority of encounters, I could probably just duck into cover and let my companion do everything while I'm not even at the computer (not that I do that.) More quickbar space is probably necessary for PVP and high level raiding or something, but otherwise? Meh.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I am to be considered a bad player but I probably only really use 10-15 buttons at all, and only half of that in my actual routine rotation for fights. Everything else is like, stims, quick travels, mounts, abilities i never use ever but just have to have out for some reason.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

So my game decided that "go into windowed mode" means "refuse to load at all but make worrying amounts of fan noise"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thumbtacks posted:

the best part about Vengeance is that it's the only Juggernaut spec that makes you giggle when something procs, and it sounds really good and appropriate.

okay immediately re-speccing to Vengeance

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

StashAugustine posted:

So my game decided that "go into windowed mode" means "refuse to load at all but make worrying amounts of fan noise"

This game does weird poo poo with resolutions when you switch settings sometimes. I had to go into an .ini or .cfg file or something and manually set the resolution.

And I'll ask again, anyone know if there's a way to increase draw distance for mobs and pcs? (Haven't tested it yet, but in case anyone wonders: It's FarClipScale in the client ini http://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-the-old-republic/SWTOR.INI_Tweaks )

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 5, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I also just deleted my 60 and it won't let me make another one

so much for that sith warrior gear I guess!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Can someone share that link to the forum post where they tell you exactly what augments you should be wearing? It's time to augment my Arsenal merc and I want to make sure I do it right.

I tried googling but I couldn't quite find the post I was looking for.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Can someone share that link to the forum post where they tell you exactly what augments you should be wearing? It's time to augment my Arsenal merc and I want to make sure I do it right.

I tried googling but I couldn't quite find the post I was looking for.

I'd just do enough to get your accuracy to 682, then a few alacrity, then the rest Crit. You can find the optimal stats thread on the official forums but they're assuming you're in full 216 raid drops with set bonus.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Where do the set bonuses come from anyway? The raid gear I picked up didn't seem to have it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Where do the set bonuses come from anyway? The raid gear I picked up didn't seem to have it.

HM/NiM Operations and PvP gear.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I'd just do enough to get your accuracy to 682, then a few alacrity, then the rest Crit. You can find the optimal stats thread on the official forums but they're assuming you're in full 216 raid drops with set bonus.

Alacrity, would not have guessed that!

StashAugustine posted:

They're only on the gear that you get in exchange for tokens that drop from raids. Actual "gear" that drops from bosses won't have it. Also, only the 7 pieces of actual armor will have it; weapons, relics, earpieces and implants won't have it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

HM/NiM Operations and PvP gear.

Hey story mode raids drop 216 set bonus gear. :P

Every boss in a raid drops an "unassembled" token for a raid piece. Chest, belt, boots, helmet, gloves, legs, and bracer will have a set bonus tied to them, a 2 piece, 4 piece and 6 piece. Augustine you probably didn't win a roll on any unassembled pieces, but story mode raids also have a chance of giving you a Defiant piece which is essentially the same as commendation gear.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Colgate posted:

After doing Balmorra on my Inquisitor, I was almost howling with laughter at the absurdity of what my character did, in general, and just how deadpan she was about everything.

I like that the one scientist, if you decide to go the light side route, it just gives you tons of opportunity to renege on the deal to let him go after making you the serum, and that you basically give him a shuttle if you go the whole way. The whole scene is even more absurd if you just got done killing Major Bessiker for his previous insolence (and because he attacks you since you just killed his son for loot/being a prick)

And then Darth Zash just asks how you liked working with Major Bessiker, with nothing else said when you get back to the ship.

Man, I love that scene, and that's exactly how I did it. My LS Inquisitor took the view of Pay Evil unto Evil, and consistently took the options that would save non-imperials, hurt the empire, or kill sith, as revenge for being enslaved. Since on balance this still makes you light-sided, and for Sith the LS path is treated broadly as "wants to make the empire better" this led to further absurd conversations where people praise you for your unwavering loyalty to the empire. Uh, sure Marr, maybe next time don't just skim my file.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Does the Corellia daily series have any real rewards to it that make it worth it over other dailies?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think LS Sith Warrior is a better KOTFE, because you are going leaps above Darth Baras on this one, and it's an even better reason why the Emperor chose you above all other to be the next Wrath.

I hope Scourge can be recruitable because I want to see what he has to say to the one who took the job.

Having just completed DS Sith Warrior, I am definitely looking forward to trying it as light side. I was definitely cliche choosing DS choices because I am emperor's wrath, rawr. I was tempted many a times seeing the LS choices after via neutral options. I'm glad they made relics meaningful like wow trinkets versus plain extra stat boost. Is there a point to light/dark side alignment anymore? I remember being pissed they never implemented the neutral option either.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Have I mentioned I don't like Mandalorians? They're such a transparent Klingon ripoff, and have less personality than the Jedi at their blandest. They had to make up a new language for them because there's only so many ways one character can say "I have a chip on my shoulder" in English.

I too hate Mandalorians so I was really appreciative that levelling my BH I could reject the offer to join them, really pissing off Mandalore in the process which I was not aware was something you could do.

I'm really enjoying my second run through of the BH, more so than anything else I've done in this game because I decided to play him as a true professional. So essentially I will accept and do jobs to the specifics given, never chickening out for a better compromise. And inevitably this has meant a heavy lean into DS choices and hilarity, doing some pretty horrific things for credits.

Really every class story is immediately strengthened once you start ignoring LS and DS choices and just role play your character.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Robutt posted:

I too hate Mandalorians so I was really appreciative that levelling my BH I could reject the offer to join them, really pissing off Mandalore in the process which I was not aware was something you could do.

Huh. Neither was I. I suddenly feel like leveling my BH now.

I am OK with Mandalorians but I don't really like the idea that they were one of the more powerful forces in the galaxy. I also miss the days when I thought Boba Fett was just a poser and dressed in their armor to make himself look cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Is there any room left in TNG or is Fleet Maintenance up and running?

e: Also where am I supposed to get blue mods now that the vendors only have green?

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 5, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Robutt posted:

Really every class story is immediately strengthened once you start ignoring LS and DS choices and just role play your character.

Yeah when I played my smuggler I just decided on some business rules and I think it really strengthened the experience. Honor a deal, kill anyone who stabs you in the back, always get paid.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I've been playing my trooper and it's kind of annoying how arbitrary some of the LS/DS choices are. Like on one planet you have "LIE TO THE CIA"/"OBEY ORDERS" options, but then on the next planet you're ordered to maintain secrecy but everyone already knows what's going on anyway so it's not even an issue.

General Grandma gives some super dumb orders trying to save face and I'm just trying to protect the republic.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Besides the Lorkin quest required stuff, the dioplamcy/bio level 8 mats, is anything still selling for a decent enough GTN price? Some of the assemblies you can craft are selling for more then their sums but not by too much.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I don't suppose anyone knows of a good up to date resource on Vengeance for Juggernaut? I'm still fairly new to this Sith Warrior thing and don't really know what the hell I'm doing as yet. Anything to help me parse my slew of abilities would be great.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows of a good up to date resource on Vengeance for Juggernaut? I'm still fairly new to this Sith Warrior thing and don't really know what the hell I'm doing as yet. Anything to help me parse my slew of abilities would be great.

I'd link you to the Dulfy guide but it is apparently gone.

Opener:

After that, priority system:

1. Use Shatter, Impale, and Force Scream on cooldown. Period. That might mean you're using it with one stack, but whatever that's fine. Those three are your main dots, so those are the most important parts of the spec, really.

2. Ravage. Theoretically when you're using it in your main rotation, all three of your dots are on the target, so basically you can use it on cooldown. If you don't know the trick with clipping the last Ravage tick, now is a great time to practice it. Basically, the last hit of Ravage happens before the channel finishes, so you can clip like a quarter of a second off the animation, which adds up eventually. You'll also be resetting Ravage with Shatter, so even though it has a 15s cooldown it's basically like 8s.

3. If you have the 6p bonus, Saber Throw will make Impale auto crit every minute, so use it every minute, otherwise it's just a filler.

4. Vicious Throw (with proc) - super useful and good, you have 20 seconds or so to use it before the proc goes away so you have time, so don't worry about needing to use it asap.

5. Sundering Assault. Likely it'll be used on cooldown, but if you have too much rage wait a bit so ideally don't waste a ton of Rage.

6. Vengeful Slam. It does a fuckload of damage and has a short CD but if you're going single target it's not a huge priority and likely you won't fit it in on CD just because CDs typically don't line up incredibly well. If you're fighting big packs, the priority is right under Ravage, because it does a lot of AoE damage and spreads dots (as long as it also hits the target with your dots)

7. Enrage. Good for 6 rage, relatively short CD so don't be shy about using it a lot.

After that it's just whatever dumb poo poo you have available like Force Choke or whatever's left. Vicious Throw WITHOUT the proc is also like your last priority, because it's relatively expensive and if you're not careful you'll starve yourself.

That's basically how Vengeance works.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah when I played my smuggler I just decided on some business rules and I think it really strengthened the experience. Honor a deal, kill anyone who stabs you in the back, always get paid.

I'm trying to do the same with my Trooper. Always follow orders, I am a professional soldier.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Just want to confirm that buying the Amazon KOTFE bundle works perfectly from Norway if you set a US address as your default on your Amazon account. You can use your Norwegian credit card, they don't care where that is from.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kurieg posted:

I've been playing my trooper and it's kind of annoying how arbitrary some of the LS/DS choices are. Like on one planet you have "LIE TO THE CIA"/"OBEY ORDERS" options, but then on the next planet you're ordered to maintain secrecy but everyone already knows what's going on anyway so it's not even an issue.

The last LS/DS choice of the Trooper story has Chancellor Saresh acting completely opposite to the personality she has in the expansions/Taris.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Defiance Industries posted:

This is exactly how I play my BH. Funnily enough it's lead to a completely neutral Force alignment.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
What the gently caress is Reorganizing Data and why the hell does it happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Blockhouse posted:

Is there any room left in TNG or is Fleet Maintenance up and running?

e: Also where am I supposed to get blue mods now that the vendors only have green?

At least for levelling (dunno about endgame) there's been no change to the mods. What they did was remove the old green mods you could buy for credits and change the blue mods on sale to being green. But it's a colour change only.

• Locked thread