Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

I had a job once where it was okay to call out sick, but an hour later the boss would call back and ask why the hell I called out. If it wasn't anything he deemed serious he would either ask me to come in anyway, or constantly call me a pussy the next day.

He would also call some days when I was either not scheduled or otherwise had requested as time off and tell me to come in. "what the gently caress do you mean you're out of state, I need you here"

That was.... Not a fun place to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

People who still come to work anyway while horribly ill and contagious despite being told to keep their germs at home can eat a bag of dicks. Your job is not so vitally important that the company will implode if you're not there for one day.

gently caress those people. My college was really, really bad about it too. We had a really bad drop out rate so of course the professors countered this by saying if you ever took off more than X days a semester you'd get an automatic fail, and any unexcused absences would be counted against you heavily. Doctor's don't write notes for you if you just get a wicked cold. So that led to courses full of people with disgustingly virulent colds and flus. Of course the professor was free to take off a class if they didn't feel like catching diseases while the students were forced to suffer. The best was when my dad got sick and I wasn't even allowed to take a day off to see if he was alive or not, because the professor's lecture was just that loving important (it wasn't. She didn't even cover new material) and I didn't find out until way later that night that my dad would lose his leg. Thanks attendance policies enforced on adults!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress attendance policies to death. My undergrad had a 2 or more misses classes = fail. Some teachers were more flexible but most weren't. Yes it was art school and thus feedback is important, but in reality 98% of classes were just watching stupid art films, not even learning new techniques or skills. Imo going to the critiques or tests is vital, gently caress the rest.

E: a video I had to watch 20 times in undergrad.

THIS PIECE OF poo poo CAN GO DIE. I had a class that met for 6 hours every Wednesday and it was full of poo poo like this:

https://vimeo.com/136862949

Here's a pet peeve: people who "analyze" these stupid poo poo films and have discussions as to how and why this film is amazing and smart. No, these things are poo poo, they will always be poo poo, poo poo!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Nov 3, 2015

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

1. People who zealously stick to the speed limit while driving. Yes, I realize you're following the posted limit and probably feel very holier-than-thou, but let's be honest: Those speeds are created with the lowest common denominator in mind. We're talking about people who are basically high-functioning retards with the coordination/reaction speed of a Lima bean. It's probably not going to kill you to go as fast as other traffic.

Eh. Even if that were true and those limits are for the lowest skilled drivers and most suicidally oblivious pedestrians imaginable (and they're not always), those people are still out there on the road with you regardless of your skill as a driver. You may think you can take the blind turn at 30 in a 15 mph zone but if the guy coming the opposite way can't then you're probably both hosed. Making standards with the worst case scenario in mind isn't always a terrible thing.

Anyway, for me, it's coming to a 4-way stop at the same time as someone else and the ensuing "be my guest, no you, please go, I'm fine you can go now, are you going" clusterfuck, followed by the subtle dance of each of you nosing out a little and stopping when you see the other guy try to go until you're both halfway out into the road.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Kind of related to the above: in a lot of shopping centers the incoming traffic lane typically doesn't have a stop sign (less commonly I've seen it the opposite way where only incoming has to stop). There are multiple signs saying "incoming traffic does not stop" or something like that. Probably 75% of people expect incoming traffic to stop (or on the other end, incoming traffic will stop anyway without a stop sign), backing everything up and causing a lot of near-accidents when the person in the incoming traffic lane (correctly) doesn't stop and plows into the intersection as the person with the stop sign does the same, thinking that they're going to stop. Just put a drat stop sign there. Ideally it would make things a lot faster if there wasn't, but that's only true if people actually pay attention to the signs saying not to stop, which they don't.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Coworkers who always have to comment on what you're eating, even when it's really obvious that you just want the microwave to finish so that you can stuff some food into your mouth and everybody else can gently caress off.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Four way stop signs should look different from standard stop signs.

It's just one of those blindingly obvious things that never caught on. A few places have a red rectangle with "4 way" bolted adjacent to the stop sign, but even those are rare. It's like everyone decided that the best way to distinguish a four way stop sign is for all drivers to stop at the sign and then look at the opposite right corner of the intersection for a telltale unpainted side of a metal octagon facing them at an oblique angle.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
When people suck their teeth in public.

Being on a train and having to listen to someone's small child babbling nonsense for the entire trip.

People who play games on their phones with sound turned up.

Pretty much everything about commuting and being around other people, actually.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Eh. Even if that were true and those limits are for the lowest skilled drivers and most suicidally oblivious pedestrians imaginable (and they're not always), those people are still out there on the road with you regardless of your skill as a driver. You may think you can take the blind turn at 30 in a 15 mph zone but if the guy coming the opposite way can't then you're probably both hosed. Making standards with the worst case scenario in mind isn't always a terrible thing.

Anyway, for me, it's coming to a 4-way stop at the same time as someone else and the ensuing "be my guest, no you, please go, I'm fine you can go now, are you going" clusterfuck, followed by the subtle dance of each of you nosing out a little and stopping when you see the other guy try to go until you're both halfway out into the road.

Oh god both of these.

How about when four people are at the same stop, and one rear end in a top hat waves someone else forward, so the entire thing is thrown off, and everyone tries to go at once? NO FUCKER, take your turn, you aren't helping!

I hate lane leeches. The ones that pull into the merge lane and stay there. For miles. Look, if you want to stay there, fine, but when the next exit-entrance ramp comes up, YOU LET PEOPLE THE gently caress ON. SPEED UP OR SLOW THE gently caress DOWN! Don't maintain a speed to block people off and then get pissed when they push on. And other drivers, use your loving signal when you want to merge!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

AlphaKretin posted:

Websites like Wikipedia and YouTube that have separate URLs for their mobile layouts. You already have to automatically detect that the device is a phone to redirect them to that address, just make it a part of the main site like everyone else and stop making it a pain to share links from a phone. :mad:

When you click on a non-mobile link and instead of sending you to the mobile version of the link, it sends you to the mobile home page

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Re: four-way stop chat... When I walk to work, I always go a block out of my way to avoid this one busy four-way-stop intersection, because no one stops correctly and no one lets me cross. If I can catch the eye of the driver closest to me in the cross-street, there will be someone in the parallel street wanting to turn into my path, and/or the driver farthest to me in the cross-street will keep driving through the intersection while I'm in the middle of crossing and make me stop in my tracks in the middle of the road.

So I take a left at that intersection and walk one block to the traffic light. Which doesn't have a walk signal and often features drivers almost running me over as they turn the corner while I'm crossing, but at least I don't have to stand at the intersection waiting for the planets to align and all four cars at the intersection to allow me to cross the street.

That reminds me of another problem nearby:

See the red line? That shows cars doing this jackass move that I can't figure out.

Because of the way the lights work on Main St., in rush hour, there is a solid line of cars on each block creeping slowly to the next intersection. There are a lot of fools who drive down Aspen St., come to the intersection at Main, which for them is a right-turn only [side pet peeve: assholes who ignore the right-turn-only sign and turn left], and either:

1) wait and wait and wait for some generous person to let them turn right in front of them, or
2) shove their way out in front of a car driving on S. Main St.

AND THEN, turns out, they want to turn left from Main onto Birch. So then, they block traffic behind them and either:

1) wait and wait and wait for some generous person driving north on Main to let them turn left in front of them, or
2) shove their way out in front of a car driving north on Main

Stupid, inconsiderate, and dangerous. Why in hell don't they instead follow the green line on the map, where they have a traffic light to let them turn on Main going north, and then have no opposition turning right on Birch?? They would have a much easier time, and they wouldn't block traffic or risk causing an accident! There's no traffic congestion on Temple and Maple on this alternate route, it takes the same amount of time (or shorter, if you're lucky and hit the traffic light on green), there's no obstacle or inconvenience that would induce anyone to go the rear end in a top hat route instead of the civilized route, WTF people, WTF.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

Rabbit Hill posted:

1000 words about traffic

this, this is my pet peeve

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

cyberia posted:

When people suck their teeth in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeDYrTVQ2cE

HOW MY gently caress DON'T SUCK YO TEETH AT ME!

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still

ElwoodCuse posted:

When you click on a non-mobile link and instead of sending you to the mobile version of the link, it sends you to the mobile home page

When I try to open up a website on my phone and it makes me click through huge, obnoxious ads pleading with me to get the free app instead of using the mobile site... I have a loving Windows phone and 99% of these sites don't even have an app I can get, but they make me go through that bullshit EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

im full of poo poo posted:

this, this is my pet peeve

Sorry, dude. :sympathy:

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

Nettles Coterie posted:

When I try to open up a website on my phone and it makes me click through huge, obnoxious ads pleading with me to get the free app instead of using the mobile site... I have a loving Windows phone and 99% of these sites don't even have an app I can get, but they make me go through that bullshit EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Sup Windows Phone buddy.

I find it funny that everyone advertises "download our app! Available on all app stores!" And then it turns out that, nope, not available on windows phone.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If you're going to be a grammar nazi, at the very least please actually be knowledgeable about the language you're being a pedant over. My friend who likes to make long rambling posts about grammar pedantry just posted a rant about how verbing nouns is dumbing down English and their example was someone using winter as a verb. You know, a word that's been used as a verb since the time of Chaucer.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
That period where you finished your food and they haven't brought the restaurant bill to you yet. You are stuck there, at their mercy, and leaving is a crime....

Currently trapped at east side mario's and I'm too timid & introverted to flag down another server

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

That period where you finished your food and they haven't brought the restaurant bill to you yet. You are stuck there, at their mercy, and leaving is a crime....

Currently trapped at east side mario's and I'm too timid & introverted to flag down another server

At least you get your food. Busy or not, it drives me up the wall when I go to a nice place and they seat us and then an hour later we still haven't even gotten the drinks we ordered.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

If you're going to be a grammar nazi, at the very least please actually be knowledgeable about the language you're being a pedant over. My friend who likes to make long rambling posts about grammar pedantry just posted a rant about how verbing nouns is dumbing down English and their example was someone using winter as a verb. You know, a word that's been used as a verb since the time of Chaucer.
Tell him you could care less. :smuggo:

That period where you finished your food and they haven't brought the restaurant bill to you yet. You are stuck there, at their mercy, and leaving is a crime...
Just catch the eye of a waiter as they go past and ask, just like you would if you wanted another drink or something. :shrug:

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

People who rant about the dumbing down of Engish, in particular bad spelling and grammer, should be forced to go read origional manuscripts/transcripts from the worlds greatest writers. They lived and wrote in a time where a) English was essentially a different language and b) spelling and grammer where done on the fly, and meh, it didn't loving matter anyway. If they want to be a massive pedant then they should learn Latin or something.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

People who don't put the bare minimum of effort or research into their pets. We're minding a friends dog and she's on Pedigree which even I, as a non dog owner, know is absolute garbage and she farts noxious gasses constantly and her poop is horrendous and her fur is really thin on her tummy but this is apparently because the heating is on a lot and she's just losing fur because she's warm??? What the gently caress???

Another pet peeve is how I'm too awkward to tell my friend to stop feeding her dog the nutritional equivalent of McDonalds every day and I'm just gonna seethe about it in silence

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

A lot of people know what they are feeding their pet is crap but either don't want to spend the extra money trying to find an expensive brand that their pet actually "likes". For example my dad feeds his dogs stuff like ol' roy dog "food", and his cats cans of fancy feast and they are more or less healthy - his last cat lived about 20 years. Outside of PI most pet owners just grab whatever's at walmart, and despite being terrible most of the pets that eat it live long, happy, relatively healthy lives regardless. Would it be better if they ate the quality stuff? Sure, but if you can't prove that [thing] is actively killing your pet, most people are just going to keep doing that thing. It's like people that subscribe to that "dominance training" cesar milan "your dog is a wolf you have to be the alpha" stuff - yeah you'll get a dog that will do what you say after it, but there are many other healthier, better ways to accomplish the same thing. People just want the easy, quick, and cheap way though as long as the end result is similar to the right way.

Anyway something that's been annoying me is bureaucratic delays - I've been waiting for my residence permit since I moved to Germany a couple months ago and every time I go in to check on it it's always "we don't know when it'll be done, check back in a couple weeks". Every time. Why does it take so long to print the little card? Why doesn't anyone know what the other department is doing and when they'll be done?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Yeah that's the exact "it doesn't matter" attitude I'm hating. It does matter and I don't understand why you'd get any animal only to not give a stinky, wet poo poo about what it eats or how it behaves or if it's actually happy. Well, I do understand, it's because you're a lazy garbage person.

The dog just farted on me again and I'm incredibly upset. She doesn't deserve to live like this and neither do I.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

teenytinymouse posted:

Yeah that's the exact "it doesn't matter" attitude I'm hating. It does matter and I don't understand why you'd get any animal only to not give a stinky, wet poo poo about what it eats or how it behaves or if it's actually happy. Well, I do understand, it's because you're a lazy garbage person.

The dog just farted on me again and I'm incredibly upset. She doesn't deserve to live like this and neither do I.

Animals are loving stupid. My cat will eat his own fur off his body as I try to brush him. Then he'll crawl under the bed and try to find dust bunnies to eat. A poodle my family used to own would scream and shake, poo poo itself, then eat the poo poo and puke it up only to try to eat it again. If I had to walk him he'd start eating other animal's poo poo off the sidewalk. You could put anything in that stupid gently caress's food bowl and he'd eat it up. They don't need gourmet frozen raw mince mix or lovely overpriced gourmet kibble.

If it's something like buying bird seed for small parrots where they'll die in less than half their life span yeah, it makes sense to give a poo poo and buy the more expensive food. Otherwise half the fancy poo poo sold at a markup is just as garbage as the generic walmart brands, just with half the ingredients relisted as something else. "Has no wheat!" but is full of soy and corn at the same ratios and price of 3x the shittier named brand stuff.

Hell, just look at the poo poo Blue Buffalo was pulling for years before they got taken to court over it. I was paying $50-60 a month on that poo poo food because it claimed it didn't use byproduct or animal meal but NOPE! The majority of the protein was made up of it. Fuckers.

I hate people who go on about their pets like this. If I can live off ramen and garbage poor people food my cat can too on his kitty equivalent.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
When gas stations line up their octane selections like this: 87 - 91 - 89 to try to trick people into buying premium gas when they want mid grade. Who buys mid-grade, you ask? I have no loving clue, but that's the only reason I can figure they would do it that way. I have one car that takes 87, and one that takes 91, and I'm careful to only put 91 in the sports car, but if I ever have a sleepy morning where I'm not paying attention and put 89 in and have to listen to it knocking, it's going to be pretty annoying.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

teenytinymouse posted:

People who don't put the bare minimum of effort or research into their pets.

I used to work at a pet store that sold tropical fish and I was always blown away by people who'd be very willing to drop a hundred bucks on a single fish (like a discus or one of the fancy saltwater fish) but the only information they'd seek out was the general care we (the minimum-wage-making cashiers) had been trained in.

Big aquariums are expensive before you even stock them with animals, why wouldn't you at least google something about it before making that kind of commitment?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

artsy fartsy posted:

I used to work at a pet store that sold tropical fish and I was always blown away by people who'd be very willing to drop a hundred bucks on a single fish (like a discus or one of the fancy saltwater fish) but the only information they'd seek out was the general care we (the minimum-wage-making cashiers) had been trained in.

Big aquariums are expensive before you even stock them with animals, why wouldn't you at least google something about it before making that kind of commitment?

Hopefully you were allowed to decline to sell the expensive stuff to people who were clearly going to kill it. When I had a saltwater aquarium and bought a semi-rare coloration clownfish (around 130 dollars) the owner quizzed me on my tank and water quality and all that before selling it to me (even though as far as fish go clownfish are pretty hardy). The thing that really annoys me is stores like Petsmart and, in the past when they still did it, Walmart would sell fish to anyone with a pulse, no questions asked. The employees had no clue what they were doing and the tanks would be full of dead or almost dead expensive fish that they were just trying to get out the door while they were still breathing. I guess that goes for all pets - none of them seem really well cared for in Petsmarts and similar stores.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

When gas stations line up their octane selections like this: 87 - 91 - 89 to try to trick people into buying premium gas when they want mid grade. Who buys mid-grade, you ask? I have no loving clue, but that's the only reason I can figure they would do it that way. I have one car that takes 87, and one that takes 91, and I'm careful to only put 91 in the sports car, but if I ever have a sleepy morning where I'm not paying attention and put 89 in and have to listen to it knocking, it's going to be pretty annoying.

Have you been to the Midwest? They put 10% ethanol in the low grade that's poo poo for gas mileage. Since I've moved here I've started using mid or premium just so I don't have to fill up every 2 miles.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Murphy Brownback posted:

Walmart would sell fish to anyone with a pulse, no questions asked. The employees had no clue what they were doing

Our Walmart still sells fish and holy poo poo the employees know nothing about them. A few months ago I noticed their display aquariums featured African cichlids and goldfish.

In the same tank.

:cry:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Animals are loving stupid. My cat will eat his own fur off his body as I try to brush him. Then he'll crawl under the bed and try to find dust bunnies to eat. A poodle my family used to own would scream and shake, poo poo itself, then eat the poo poo and puke it up only to try to eat it again. If I had to walk him he'd start eating other animal's poo poo off the sidewalk. You could put anything in that stupid gently caress's food bowl and he'd eat it up. They don't need gourmet frozen raw mince mix or lovely overpriced gourmet kibble.

If it's something like buying bird seed for small parrots where they'll die in less than half their life span yeah, it makes sense to give a poo poo and buy the more expensive food. Otherwise half the fancy poo poo sold at a markup is just as garbage as the generic walmart brands, just with half the ingredients relisted as something else. "Has no wheat!" but is full of soy and corn at the same ratios and price of 3x the shittier named brand stuff.

Hell, just look at the poo poo Blue Buffalo was pulling for years before they got taken to court over it. I was paying $50-60 a month on that poo poo food because it claimed it didn't use byproduct or animal meal but NOPE! The majority of the protein was made up of it. Fuckers.

I hate people who go on about their pets like this. If I can live off ramen and garbage poor people food my cat can too on his kitty equivalent.

I don't mean buying gourmet stuff so your cat can enjoy the subtle taste of lobster, I agree with you that is stupid. (Mini peeve here, there was a cat food brand using Eva Longoria in lingerie to advertise their "luxury" cat food. Sexy cat food? What???) I mean like basic protein levels being okay and making sure you get cat food containing taurine and just getting something decent to keep their digestive systems running okay so they're not in a constant state of constipation or liquid shits. It's not hard.

artsy fartsy posted:

My partners boss decided that the office needed a fish tank last year and it's just the most depressing situation. They have two of the original fish left I think, one angel fish and a little silver one I can't remember the species. The angel fish had a husband and many sets of babies but they all died and the mini "shark" died and the tetras all died etc. and the tank is always so cloudy looking, there's literally nobody in that office who knows anything about fish :( I keep hamsters myself and like I know they're known as a children's pet, they're not that hard to look after but the amount of grown adults who try and keep a hamster in a plastic shoe box and feed it guinea pig food and then wonder why it bites them then dies is loving infuriating. Or they keep two together and wonder why they keep making babies if they're siblings??? and then why the babies all get eaten??? and then dad gets murdered and eaten too! There is absolutely no excuse for not doing a basic "how do I keep this alive and reasonably well" Google search before you buy any living thing. I googled how to take care of a poppy plant for fucks sake. It died anyway but at least I tried!!!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Murphy Brownback posted:

Hopefully you were allowed to decline to sell the expensive stuff to people who were clearly going to kill it.

Nope, we just wrote "N/G" on the bag, meaning this poor fish doesn't come with the regular money-back guarantee. :(

I also got in trouble for encouraging customers to get a brand new saltwater tank up and going a while with some live rock or whatever, before picking out their first fish. I didn't have my own tank but I'd studied up some to help people out; apparently that was bad for sales.

Did I mention the owners were jerks? I've never seen a store with as high a turnover as that drat pet store. One of the owners regularly made employees cry, and I left halfway through my two weeks' notice because the other owner (married to the first one) came onto me.

My pet peeve is lovely, lovely employers.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nettles Coterie posted:

The Blue Pyramid posted:

Sup Windows Phone buddy.

I find it funny that everyone advertises "download our app! Available on all app stores!" And then it turns out that, nope, not available on windows phone.

I'm not alone in the world :unsmith:

Is it just me, or are Windows Phones exceptionally terrible at allowing you to close ads? I literally can not read Medium.com at all on my phone for this reason. I still really like Windows Phone though, for some reason. Stockholm syndrome?

Dr Scoofles posted:

People who rant about the dumbing down of Engish, in particular bad spelling and grammer, should be forced to go read origional manuscripts/transcripts from the worlds greatest writers.

Just going to assume this is intentional.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

When gas stations line up their octane selections like this: 87 - 91 - 89 to try to trick people into buying premium gas when they want mid grade.

My local service station has yellow pumps for regular unleaded and green pumps for premium. The competing chain of service stations has green pumps for regular unleaded and yellow for premium and I'm pretty sure this is an intentional decision to trick people who normally go to the other chain into buying premium petrol if they're not paying attention to the signs on the pumps.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I used to work at Petsmart. The bad poo poo you saw on the floor does not compare to the poo poo in what they called the Sick Room.

In essence, it boils down to a living animal is an asset. If the hamster is $8, and you have lots of hamsters, and a sick hamster needs medicine that costs $20....you put the hamster in the Sick Room and leave him there till he dies.

Peeve: motherfucking doctors who forget to loving SIGN THE GODDAMN PRESCRIPTION. I went to the office yesterday to pick up this loving thing because the painkiller is controlled substance so the pharmacy needs the loving paper copy. Aaaaand the thing isn't there. So I go back today after being assured the prescription is there. And it's still not. So after we finally call the loving doctor's office again they laugh and say they found it but it isn't signed so tomorrow it should be ready. Maybe. If he remembers to sign it today and put it where the secretary can find it.

I told my mom to count the Percocet she has left because she needs to ration those fuckers.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
People who don't turn on red where there's no sign forbidding it, or who ignore things like "no turn on red 4pm to 6pm" and wait for a green at all times, and ignoring the 10 piled up cars behind them, all blaring on their horns.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
people who have the right of way, yield to you anyway, then don't wait long enough for you to go before taking it back and going themselves

thanks for trying to trick me into crashing into your car dumb rear end

i'm glad aggressive yield is a moving violation but i dunno if anyone's ever actually been pulled over for it

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still

Thin Privilege posted:

People who don't turn on red where there's no sign forbidding it, or who ignore things like "no turn on red 4pm to 6pm" and wait for a green at all times, and ignoring the 10 piled up cars behind them, all blaring on their horns.

There's one of these on my commute home and it drives me insane every day. I work odd hours so usually I'm at the intersection when the rule isn't in effect, but still there are ALWAYS jackasses who try to wait for a green light (which comes maybe once every 5 minutes on that loving street) even when the way is completely clear.

It's the same with carpool lanes. The signs clearly state which days/times the carpool lane is in effect, but there are still people who absolutely REFUSE to use it even outside those times! The thing that really gets me is when the right lane is choked up with idiots going 5mph under the speed limit, I'm in the middle lane going 5 over, and here comes some jackass riding my bumper instead of using the empty carpool lane to get around me. If you're trying to speed anyway, and clearly have no qualms about tailgating, WHY are you so concerned about staying out of the carpool lane?? When it's not even during carpool times??

Basically I hate driving and I hate everyone.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Nettles Coterie posted:

There's one of these on my commute home and it drives me insane every day. I work odd hours so usually I'm at the intersection when the rule isn't in effect, but still there are ALWAYS jackasses who try to wait for a green light (which comes maybe once every 5 minutes on that loving street) even when the way is completely clear.

It's the same with carpool lanes. The signs clearly state which days/times the carpool lane is in effect, but there are still people who absolutely REFUSE to use it even outside those times! The thing that really gets me is when the right lane is choked up with idiots going 5mph under the speed limit, I'm in the middle lane going 5 over, and here comes some jackass riding my bumper instead of using the empty carpool lane to get around me. If you're trying to speed anyway, and clearly have no qualms about tailgating, WHY are you so concerned about staying out of the carpool lane?? When it's not even during carpool times??

Basically I hate driving and I hate everyone.

I commute through the worst commute zone in my entire region on Saturdays to skydive--even the HOV lanes require three people to use--on Saturday mornings, and there's a big hill where everyone slows down. No one touches the HOV lane, on a Saturday at 8 am. I feel smug as hell rolling past these Priuses and Hyundais whose owners can't figure out that they CAN pass the buttholes in the slower lanes.

I know what you mean, though. There was this guy weaving through mid-afternoon traffic, we were all going about 65 or so, so comfortable but not particularly speedy, and there were some people clogging up the 2nd and 3rd lanes. This guy was really impatient, riding bumpers, swerving into right lanes and exit lanes to pass slower traffic, trying to pressure people who had people directly in front of them who couldn't go faster if they wanted to, but he wouldn't touch the carpool lane. He got up to about 85, swerved in front of me, then swerved out of my lane to get around the guy in front of me. But he wouldn't touch the carpool lane. Why not? He is attracting more attention to himself by driving like a shitbag than he would by driving 80 in the totally clear carpool lane, plus it's not like he gives a poo poo if he causes and accident or gets stopped. Just go break the HOV laws and leave the rest of us alone! Most of us would like to get home in one piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

I used to work at Petsmart. The bad poo poo you saw on the floor does not compare to the poo poo in what they called the Sick Room.

In essence, it boils down to a living animal is an asset. If the hamster is $8, and you have lots of hamsters, and a sick hamster needs medicine that costs $20....you put the hamster in the Sick Room and leave him there till he dies.

Sorry you worked at a lovely store, but my Petsmart has racked up vet bills in the hundreds for those 8 dollar hamsters. We had one ill African Sideneck turtle that had about $1000 dollars worth of vet care into it before we had to put him down because he was too far gone. I'm sure it partly has to do with with how good the management is though.

Working at a pet store is a good way to burn yourself out on stupid people, my favorite were parents that insisted on getting a hamster for their toddler.

"Oh we want one that's not gonna bite our little Jimmy".

Well guess what, 90% of hamsters are assholes and the remaining 10% will bite when your young child inevitably squeezes it too hard.

And no, you can't keep a guinea pig in that hamster cage. And no, you can't keep that bag of fish in your car while you go shopping for two hours in the middle of summer. And yes, your rabbit needs water to live (yes I was legitimately asked this one time holy poo poo).

Dumb customers are my pet peeve.