Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

kinmik posted:

I think we're overlooking the best character introduced this chapter.

Nekozaemon :kimchi: I hope he survives long enough for Robin to lose herself over him. Though knowing Kanjuurou's artistic ineptitude, he's gonna bite the dust as soon as he makes it to the top too. :saddowns:

I think Nekozaemon was washed away in the flood :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Sincerely hope the samurai squad's entire involvement in this arc is just appearing trying to climb the leg on various poorly-drawn animals but messing up halfway and falling back down.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
maybe sanjis death will see him reborn as a new, better character

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

AfroGunsou posted:

maybe sanjis death will see him reborn as a new, better character

They find one piece, but it's a part of 7 total pieces. When collected together it summons a giant pirate ship that can grant a wish. Sanji is wished back to life.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

dordreff posted:

I can't believe Sanji is loving Dead.

gently caress you I came here to post this

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

dordreff posted:

I can't believe Sanji is loving Dead.

New thread title please.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
What the gently caress is with the dog lady looking like Nami? Every chapter it gets more odd.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

everything about this arc is confusing

it feels like there's pages or entire chapters missing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is a foolish dream, but I can only hope this is not misdirection in this chapter

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Advice posted:

So is Sabo the father or what? Dadan's buddy appears to be wearing his hat, so does that mean he came back to the island? Or did they just get it from the wreckage of his ship, and he never wore it before now?

And what is this cover arc, anyway? People responding to Luffy's bounty? Didn't we have that exact thing already?

I think it's a red herring given that Dadan's crew just like to wear themed hats on top of their turbans during parties.

I mean, the kid can't be Sabo's unless he went to Fushia during the time skip and knocked up Makino. He'd then have to take a detour after Dressrosa to drop off the hat instead of heading straight to meet Dragon and the revolutionaries.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Also someone asked in the SBS and Oda said "yeah...it's probably 'that' guy" so it's probably Shanks' kid. Also the whole thing about Sabo not knowing who Ace and Luffy were until the execution.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

chaos rhames posted:

What the gently caress is with the dog lady looking like Nami? Every chapter it gets more odd.

Maybe Oda is getting annoyed by people (correctly) saying all of his female characters are just based off Nami and decided to get passive aggressive and meta about it.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Guys, Zoro is going to blow fire!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Last Celebration posted:

Also someone asked in the SBS and Oda said "yeah...it's probably 'that' guy" so it's probably Shanks' kid. Also the whole thing about Sabo not knowing who Ace and Luffy were until the execution.

That's one hell of a booty call.

Shanks has to lose the marines for almost the entire Grand Line as he sneaks back to East Blue, gives Makino the new Soul King LP and they play pirates. Then sneak back through East Blue and the Grand Line without the Marines noticing. Unless Makino pulled a super Portgas D. Rogue. I mean, if you're a notorious pirate, Luffy's village is clearly the place for your kids to grow up.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I am watching the anime for the first time and it makes some arcs much more enjoyable (jaya, arlong park, don krieg) and makes others (skypiea-spelling) worse. That is until luffy fights eneru. His reaction to luffy not dying via lightning was amazing. Also the graphic showing the four straw hats heading for the ruins splitting up and watching zoro go backwards. Classic.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This is amazing.

Also, I think I've figured out who Jack is, guys:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=boNRVXR7bqg

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm guessing that Sanji's married to a mink. Probably a pig or some other ugly animal because 'lol Sanji can't get laid.'

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I am watching the anime for the first time and it makes some arcs much more enjoyable (jaya, arlong park, don krieg) and makes others (skypiea-spelling) worse. That is until luffy fights eneru. His reaction to luffy not dying via lightning was amazing. Also the graphic showing the four straw hats heading for the ruins splitting up and watching zoro go backwards. Classic.
I put the anime to rest around Marineford, but it still influences my reading to this day. The music, voice acting and animation (when it counted) were excellent. I definitely wouldn't love OP as much as I do if it wasn't for the anime really bringing the world to life.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Sanji is Good, Nami is completing her transformation into abstract art

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mangastream's translation's different in a few places. It mentions that Jack's obituary was printed, no "he's dead, no he's not dead." And no mention of Zoro shooting fire... I wonder where they got that. Or was it right? I'll be looking forward to Monday.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

hahahah

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I love the look on Zoro's face as Usopp is waving his arm and making threats.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I think he's talking about Franky with the fire thing. He's pretending to be Zoro, he wouldn't refer to him as, "this guy".

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Chopper has a cape now to go with his crown :3: I'm sure he's treated even better than the others since he's essentially a minkman that can transform

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Uhhhhh is Oda bad at drawing people's feet or something cuz

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Maybe somebody went all Misery on Nami offscreen :ohdear:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I want a giant sheep person for a bed, he looks comfy

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Giant boobs, tiny waist, lovely feet...Nami ate the Liefeld-Liefeld fruit.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Nami merged with Brooke and is now Elvira.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Dog-Nami is getting the bestiality train going, and a lot quicker than I expected. I wonder if this faster pace is a response to Dressrosa (if so it's a welcome change).

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You can tell the bunny girl is the Tsun one because she's eating his face off rather than just giving him an affectionate lick. It makes sense too because as any pet owner will know, rabbits will chew anything and if you leave your hand just stray hanging it's only a matter of time before a dog decides to lick it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just got to Noland flashback in one piece anime. I forgot how awesome he was. He was way more forgettable in the manga

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't really get what is going on in this arc.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I don't really get what is going on in this arc.

Agreed. Like other poster above said, it's almost like pages are missing. I get more and more lost as the weeks go on.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hope we get a proper flashback for the rest of the crew; Wanda described the Straw Hats as their 'great benefactors', so apparently the b-team got some serious poo poo done during Dressrosa.

e: They're on Zou, something big went down recently involving a guy called Jack that's wiped out the populace or forced them to flee into the forests (which are guarded by electrically powered animal people) and somewhere during all of this the rest of the crew helped out and got in the Mink tribe's good books.

There's been four chapters on Zou so far, Christ.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 6, 2015

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Crazyeyes posted:

Agreed. Like other poster above said, it's almost like pages are missing. I get more and more lost as the weeks go on.

The arc's starting in the middle. The first few chapters will set up all the mysteries of what happened, where is sanji's body because he's loving dead, who is Jack, what are Minkmen, why is Chopper their king, etc. and then get the flashbacks to answer the questions, then Luffy will punch a dude (probably Jack) really freaking hard and they'll have a party.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Luffy's going to get pretty chewed up in this arc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I hope we get a proper flashback for the rest of the crew; Wanda described the Straw Hats as their 'great benefactors', so apparently the b-team got some serious poo poo done during Dressrosa.

e: They're on Zou, something big went down recently involving a guy called Jack that's wiped out the populace or forced them to flee into the forests (which are guarded by electrically powered animal people) and somewhere during all of this the rest of the crew helped out and got in the Mink tribe's good books.

Sanji + Co stopped Jack for completely destroying the island. Sanji however got captured/volunteered along with Brook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

B-Team promoted to A-Team! A-Team promoted to S-Class!