Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's the flag of an enemy country who's whole purpose of existence was to wage war on the United States of America and destroy our way of life. The terrorist organization known as the Confederate States of America regularly invaded US soil, murdered United State citizens and attempted to subjugate our country in place of their own terrorist world view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You should be able to fly the confederate flag, but it should be legal for people to steal it.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

It's the flag of an enemy country who's whole purpose of existence was to wage war on the United States of America and destroy our way of life. The terrorist organization known as the Confederate States of America regularly invaded US soil, murdered United State citizens and attempted to subjugate our country in place of their own terrorist world view.

yeah but tbf americans are pretty terrible tho

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Arian_Samurai posted:

You should be able to fly the confederate flag, but it should be legal for people to steal it.

You should be allowed to fly the confederate flag, but only if it has another, smaller flag above it with Calvin peeing on it. A fair compromise for all involved.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if i burn the confederate flag, does that offend flag-burners or southerners more

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
a redneck ISIS really

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

City of Tampa posted:

yeah but tbf americans are pretty terrible tho

the sort of relativism one could expect from a CSA terrorist

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

whoflungpoop posted:

a redneck ISIS really

a redneck is really what? you didn't finish the joke

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Does this count towards Civil War reenactors as well? I used to be a confederate soldier and the racist poo poo I'd hear from spectators made me sick. The reenactors were usually liberal-leaning people - the Union side of the reenactor spectrum had the bum duck Yankee wannabes.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Ringo Star Get posted:

Does this count towards Civil War reenactors as well? I used to be a confederate soldier and the racist poo poo I'd hear from spectators made me sick. The reenactors were usually liberal-leaning people - the Union side of the reenactor spectrum had the bum duck Yankee wannabes.

lol i read that as liberal-healing people and pictured guys dressed up as d&d priests walking around a civil war reenactment chanting and raising the dead

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Libelous Slander posted:

lol i read that as liberal-healing people and pictured guys dressed up as d&d priests walking around a civil war reenactment chanting and raising the dead

now that you mention it I would pay good money to see SCA people fight Civil War reenactors

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Volume posted:

B b but ma heritage!

It's funny living in the south and hearing people defend their right to celebrate their ancestors bigotry and in the same breath tell people how they love our country. You can't love our country AND be a traitor.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the sort of relativism one could expect from a CSA terrorist

yeah the CSA was pretty bad but they did kill US Army soldiers so they weren't all bad

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
What about the General Lee flying across some swampy bog?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

You should be allowed to fly the confederate flag, but only if it has another, smaller flag above it with Calvin peeing on it. A fair compromise for all involved.

Hmm, yes, I like this much better

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zombie Boat posted:

B b but ma heritage!

It's funny living in the south and hearing people defend their right to celebrate their ancestors bigotry and in the same breath tell people how they love our country. You can't love our country AND be a traitor.

Um, but you can.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
They are gay but what's really bad are the ones who fly the Confederate flag AND the stars and stripes. It's like, pick a side you wishy washy idiots.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

milkingmycow posted:

What about the General Lee flying across some swampy bog?

this should get an exception imo

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Gabriel Pope posted:

compromise is what got us into this mess in the first place

you can fly the confederate flag, but only if it is on fire. and only if you are on fire.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's just how awesome america is

fly that flag we don't give a poo poo. it's your right to be a retard.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

compromise is what got us into this mess in the first place

you can fly the confederate flag, but only if it is on fire. and only if you are on fire.

the beauty of this solution is that the overlap between confederate flag havers and cross burners is 100% anyway so it's not even that much of a leap; they just need to burn a flag instead

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

silence baby killer

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

:agreed: Why do you want to limit an idiot's ability to identify themselves as an idiot? It is a public service announcement.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
my parent's neighbor fly the Israeli flag and the don't tread on me flag. They are not even jewish.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Edgar posted:

my parent's neighbor fly the Israeli flag and the don't tread on me flag. They are not even jewish.
steal them and make a cape

jewman, catchphrase: "don't tread on the jew"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Very soon governments are going to need to put serious restrictions on freedom of speech and start controlling people in a way that runs counter to the sense of morality that western democracy has instilled on us during the last century. If humans want to survive in a world where equatorial zones are to hot to live in and we all have to eat renutriated cubes of recycled poo we're going to have to start running earth like a strictly controlled prison.

An example: In britian during the 1700's due to a population boom that lead to huge amounts of unemployment and soaring crimerates laws ended up being passed that made ~220~ crimes punishable by execution partly as a way to control the prison population. Now imagine something like that but compounded and on a global scale.
It needs to happen one way or another so I guess i'd be happy if this is one of the places they started.

Like, capitalism is unsustainable and democracy a pipe dream that only works if things are generally good with resources and food being plentiful. When they start locking up/executing these types of people you should thank your luck that's its not you and savoir your daily soylent. (hopefully this won't start happening in a meaningful way until you and I are dead)

If we're going to survive long enough to spread across our solar system it's going to involve a whole lot of death and suffering and not society respecting the right of an individual to be super obese and wave confederate flags around.

TLDR: We need full orwellian style fascism now and if that involves these people being labeled enemies of the state then whatevs.
hosed up but true.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

sorry for the words and not jokes but when you say something like "fascism is necessary and we need to do it" you have to qualify it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for sharing your personal doomsday fantasy, I'll just put that in the "crazy poo poo people think" box.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

symbolic posted:

...why did you resist going for "jew don't tread on me"?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

notZaar posted:

Thanks for sharing your personal doomsday fantasy, I'll just put that in the "crazy poo poo people think" box.

We will invent fusion reactors in the next decade and all our energy needs will be met forever and ever. Then climate change will not only stop but reverse itself completely and humans all simultaneously decide to stop reproducing after their first kid because of sense of responsibility we all develop overnight.

Also we're going to increase the worlds amount of arable farmland by 100% instead of losing a bunch of it and the oceans aren't going to rise and we'll all be working in fortune 500 companies making 6 figures a year.

The gently caress do you think is going on in the world that any of what i said comes off as "crazy poo poo"?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They fly British flags at hotels and poo poo. We won the war against them too. :shrug:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

agreed they're all traitors

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Snatch Duster posted:

Um, but you can.

yah its actually your duty to hate your country if it sucks (and the yankees have ruined the country). In fact NOT hating your own lovely country is treason

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

someone please design an anti-confederate flag so i can fly a huge one out the back of my truck

maybe a picture of sherman or something

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So I guess anyone flying the Mexican flag is a terrorist because we were at war with them...

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

ArmZ posted:

someone please design an anti-confederate flag so i can fly a huge one out the back of my truck

maybe a picture of sherman or something

Use this one from a previous thread.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They fly British flags at hotels and poo poo. We won the war against them too. :shrug:

british sympathizers didn't continue to whine about the result for the next century while denying basic human rights of a huge swath of the population

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mad Monk posted:

Use this one from a previous thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Prorat posted:

So I guess anyone flying the Mexican flag is a terrorist because we were at war with them...

True but Mexicans are minorities so libs have to channel their impotent anger against rednecks instead.

• Locked thread