Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'm just over 21k points in the EN event right now as I head to bed. Looks like I'm going to have to burn some gems to get Eli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm just over 21k points in the EN event right now as I head to bed. Looks like I'm going to have to burn some gems to get Eli.

Ganbareli.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Woohoo, got Eli without spending any loveca or setting an alarm to wake mu up in the middle of the night so I don't waste LP while I sleep.

Which I have considered.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

Woohoo, got Eli without spending any loveca or setting an alarm to wake mu up in the middle of the night so I don't waste LP while I sleep.

Which I have considered.

At least you wouldn't be the first.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

That's the real reason you need to level up in f2p mobile games

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

SR Eli get. I spent one love gem this morning because I wasn't sure, but turned out I didn't have to. Also did not have to wake up at 3am to play. We did it boom :hfive:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
and Starlight Stage is killing me with the way its stamina mechanics work in comparison to SIF.
5 min to regenerate per point vs. 6
and slower gain of points on ranking up means my ~60 stamina only takes 5 hours to fill back up. Ugh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno how people get SRs without stoning. I was like 7.5k off from Steampunk Eli.

On a side note, I spent 10 Lovecas upgrading my slots and now I actually have space to breath.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I managed to get Eli without spending anything either, just kept playing repeatedly.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

and Starlight Stage is killing me with the way its stamina mechanics work in comparison to SIF.
5 min to regenerate per point vs. 6
and slower gain of points on ranking up means my ~60 stamina only takes 5 hours to fill back up. Ugh.

Having to save up 40 (or 50, if you're into that) just to be able to do anything for this event is annoying too. I can see me skipping these in future unless I really want the reward.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The point gain for this event is so loving slow too. Playing casually for the token event is enough to get 10,000 points but I'm barely reaching 4000 right now and the event ends in 2 days.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Plus I feel ridiculously inefficient playing this way. I'm kind of burnt out playing like four songs in a row with the last one always being Yumeiro Harmony. I wish I were good enough to handle the song on master, but I'm not, so I have to settle for pro, which isn't as fun to play. All in all not a compelling combo for me.

At least I finally got my first passion SR though!

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I dunno how people get SRs without stoning. I was like 7.5k off from Steampunk Eli.

On a side note, I spent 10 Lovecas upgrading my slots and now I actually have space to breath.

For score match you need to average 2500 points a day. So 11-12 Hard songs a day if you can S rank the score. With a 60 LP bar if you play once in the morning, once midday(after work/school, lunch break, "smoke" break, extended piss break, etc.), and once before you go to bed that should be enough to get any event SR. I cheat the midday one a lot by playing EX songs even though I'm really bad at them and lose out on event points. It's just faster to play 2 songs instead of 4. There is also a cushion in this schedule from level ups. The hardest part is getting to 60 LP in the first place. Having a small LP bar is the root of most event difficulties. After that it's a matter of wanting to play that much or not.

For medley festivals LP cost for playing songs is reduced by 20% and you can spend gold to increase your event points gained by 10%. Also random boosts from your friends list. I'm not doing the math for that but it makes it a lot easier to get the SR.

The next JP event features the tsundere love duet from NicoMaki. Too bad the token events no longer come with a story.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That... is probably not possible for me, then. I'm not dedicated enough to pull that off.

Ah well.

I'll just save up Lovecas until I a card I like comes out and then I'll pull a bunch of cards in a futile attempt to get her.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS9 again, and now have a hard time getting into the Japanese version of SIF. The weird part is the English version fixed that bug, so I assumed the Japanese version did too. Can't downgrade anymore either since Apple stopped signing it. Well, hopefully they'll patch it soon, or I upgrade my phone, since it seems to be a 4s specific issue.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sorry boom but you know what my idol tier list is like.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'm tempted to go for Tier 2 for the Magnetic Today event.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
How much do you have to spend to tier in JP?

I'm saving my gems for next month in EN so I can T1 the Nico token event. Bring on the bloodbath.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

How much do you have to spend to tier in JP?

I'm saving my gems for next month in EN so I can T1 the Nico token event. Bring on the bloodbath.

I haven't mathed it out, but I think my 83 stamina should let me do it for a dozen at most. It's the time cost rather than the loveca cost that gives me pause.

I really like Dr. Nico and am only passingly fond of her idolized version, so I'm not particularly tempted to tier for the next EN Nico.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Sorry boom but you know what my idol tier list is like.

But the curent event is for an Eli. It wouldn't make sense for me to post a do it for Rin or do it for Honoka picture

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Should get some for each girl. Cause they'll be needed eventually.

Also when you refer to getting t1 or t2 in an event, is there another cutoff of points or are you just referring to doubling up the SR reward points so you can idolize?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Should get some for each girl. Cause they'll be needed eventually.

Also when you refer to getting t1 or t2 in an event, is there another cutoff of points or are you just referring to doubling up the SR reward points so you can idolize?

The latter, getting a second for T2 and a third for T1. Since it's based on rank relative to other players there's not way to know for certain what the cutoff will be.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The quest for Nico has begun. Time to play though all the E/N/H songs I've let pile up.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I have now noticed this terrible pasted-on little crown. I will not be going for tier 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Somehow I would not trust Dr. Nico at all

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Should not have attempted the EX version of Magnetic Today just as the event started when I'm too tired to even C combo After School Navigators. RIP my 75 tokens. Wasting 7+ hours of progress is a good way to start events.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

But the curent event is for an Eli. It wouldn't make sense for me to post a do it for Rin or do it for Honoka picture

I'm going to kill you boom.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
What happened to the good old days when we could all agree on hating Nico?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

ChubbyThePhat posted:

SR Eli get. I spent one love gem this morning because I wasn't sure, but turned out I didn't have to. Also did not have to wake up at 3am to play. We did it boom :hfive:

Same. I ended up spending one gem a couple of days ago because I was right on the cusp of another level and managed to get 9 hard and 3 normal plays all at once. Turns out I didn't need to do it, but hey, that 750 extra friend points were nice.

Since the next event is a Nozomi event, I seriously have to consider dropping some gems and seeing if I can actually tier.

graybook posted:

What happened to the good old days when we could all agree on hating Nico?

I can't even imagine what her Nico-Nico-Malpractice Insurance Payments are like.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 5, 2015

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sakurazuka posted:

Somehow I would not trust Dr. Nico at all

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Since the next event is a Nozomi event, I seriously have to consider dropping some gems and seeing if I can actually tier.

Ooh, I remember this one. I really like the idolized fairy Nozomi, but probably not enough to consider tiering.

The idolized normie is also good:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Who are the normies supposed to be, in the context of the game? School idols from different schools?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think so, yeah, based on the uniforms you see a bunch of them in (and for Normal girls whose first appearances don't have them in a school uniform, the other girls they mention knowing).

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That makes more sense than "random girls from Otonokizaka", which is what I had always assumed without thinking about it much.

I'm definitely surprised that they didn't put a few of the more popular ones into Aquors.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Honestly, back from the first teaser image we got for Sunshine, I thought Chika was Kasane Hasekura.
And then the other eight got added in and I couldn't recognize any of them.

Edit: Oh, and in JPSIF, doesn't it like list their school in their bio? The wikia at decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive lists schools for the Normal girls on their entry pages, so that information has to be somewhere. I don't think it's in the English version though.

graybook fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 5, 2015

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I've seen some of the random girls in the background of the anime. They just prefer to show the main girls from μ's afterall.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

drat Nico Puri is something else on EX. Maybe I'm just rusty from the score match lol.

Also do you Practice or Special Practice to level up the abilities on the idolized girls?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Normal practice. Feed idol A idol B with the same exact skill as A with at least as high a level in it as A has, and it'll level up guaranteed. If B has a lower skill level, it has a chance to level up, but might not. You still get xp, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Created my Japanese love live account on Sunday and was able to grind out 150 love gems and 5 blue tickets and all I got was 5 super rares :negative:
How the hell do some people get those ridiculous pulls with multiple ultra rares and super rares??

Oh and what's this shop menu with gold silver and red badges? do you trade in your unwanted idols for the ones you want?