Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wanna know what the gun at 2:05 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

loling at those faces.

still looks like my poo poo

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Still surprising to see anyone pick energy weapons in these games.

Also lol at the five triangle faces.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Cool and stable people choose energy over ballistic.

They are elegant weapons from a more civilized age.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

That trailer looks really good

jm2c

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I'm glad they showcased bullet sponge enemies again. I love holding down my LMB for 2 minutes.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
It looks like energy weapons aren't separated out anymore, from the perk list, unless I am missing something.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

JoshTheStampede posted:

It looks like energy weapons aren't separated out anymore, from the perk list, unless I am missing something.

Weapons are now divided by firing mode, rather than the previous system. You have a perk for handguns, big guns and both automatic and non-automatic rifles. So a laser pistol and 10mm pistol are the same category, as are a minigun and a gatling laser.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

Weapons are now divided by firing mode, rather than the previous system. You have a perk for handguns, big guns and both automatic and non-automatic rifles. So a laser pistol and 10mm pistol are the same category, as are a minigun and a gatling laser.

Good, maybe I'll actually use them now.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I am looking forward to playing Silverware Theftout 4.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Infinity Gaia posted:

niiiiiii *slicks back hair with masculine hand* iiiiiii *pushes very cool sunglasses up bridge of nose* iiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mysterious frankie posted:

niiiiiii *slicks back hair with masculine hand* iiiiiii *pushes very cool sunglasses up bridge of nose* iiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

i felt the cool of that statement from over here, cool guy.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I don't know why you wouldn't choose ballistic weaponary over namby pamby pew pew lasers. Bang bang bullets are just so much cooler

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I want bullets that shoot lasers. Make it happen bethesda

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Songbearer posted:

I don't know why you wouldn't choose ballistic weaponary over namby pamby pew pew lasers. Bang bang bullets are just so much cooler

punching off heads owns. I dont know why you fuckers wanna be all cowardly and stuff

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Now I'm not sure what to think. I always go energy weapons and I can't decide between the minigunlaser or the plasma rifles.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I will be playing an unarmed sniper sneaker man. i will have fun playing this.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

For me energy weapons depends on how good the sounds are, and also how good the death effects are. I had a really good sound mod for fallout new vegas (made by a close personal friend) that made lasers sound like satan's camera flash and that made them really satisfying to use. But if it's just a watery sounding 'pew' noise then I'm not so down. they could have lovely gun sounds too for all I know, but you kind of know what sort of carnage a gun is gonna wreak.

although i usually go raider my first playthrough, so im probably just gonna use some hosed up pieces of poo poo

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I had a really good sound mod for fallout new vegas (made by a close personal friend)

He sounds like a really cool guy!!!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Songbearer posted:

He sounds like a really cool guy!!!

unlike you!!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Loose Ifer posted:

I will be playing an unarmed sniper sneaker man. i will have fun playing this.

do you use mind bullets for your unarmed sniping?

I also will be rocking some fashionable sneakers.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
His arms are just really long.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i want to know if i can become a sick cyborg or a synth or if im gonna have to wait for a mod made by someone who wants to gently caress robots

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

i want to know if i can become a sick cyborg or a synth or if im gonna have to wait for a mod made by someone who wants to gently caress robots

the last thing will happen for sure.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i also want to know if i can join the institute, the LAUNCH TRAILER makes it seem like they're the bad guys

i dont care much about helping folks out, but i do love some sick evil science stuff

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The good news is GMG is getting the keys in time for preloading :peanut:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

i also want to know if i can join the institute, the LAUNCH TRAILER makes it seem like they're the bad guys

i dont care much about helping folks out, but i do love some sick evil science stuff

Mild spoilers answer:You can join them.

Considerably more spoilery and indepth answer:You can join them, they're one of the main factions and their leader is your son who is now an old man because cryogenics and poo poo. They're also supposedly much less evil than they first appear.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been calling this game Retard 4 instead

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's true. I've seen him do it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Black Baby Goku posted:

he is unfazed by snark either, I would step the gently caress back

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Still surprising to see anyone pick energy weapons in these games.

Also lol at the five triangle faces.

It's my preferred weapon group assuming the ammo isn't too rare. I guess it's just nostalgia from Fallout 1&2 where energy weapons were powerful and unique.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
For those who haven't spoiled anything yet laser guns have some more umph in this game it seems, in sound effects and visuals.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Black Baby Goku posted:

i believe you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

that`s its real name.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to call it Awesome 4

because of how awesome its going to be

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
So which dumbass item should I collect in this game? My friend and I gathered books in Skyrim. In FO3 I collected pre-war money.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Agoat posted:

So which dumbass item should I collect in this game? My friend and I gathered books in Skyrim. In FO3 I collected pre-war money.

toy cars

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
heads

strong bird
May 12, 2009

collect a shadow renderer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008