Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the other thread is basically an abortion in thread form so if you like video games and think fallout may be good and fun you can post about it here

okay later

perk list

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bump

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to make rick from rick and morty

he is going to have the party boy perk so he can drink a lot and he is gonna have high intelligence and luck

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is Fallout 4 going to have a sense of humor? It's not that big a part of the older games but I haven't seen much of it in the previews aside from getting called Mr Fuckface by a robot.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

chaos rhames posted:

Is Fallout 4 going to have a sense of humor? It's not that big a part of the older games but I haven't seen much of it in the previews aside from getting called Mr Fuckface by a robot.

i havent played it so i dont know but i really hope so

i think thats what i missed when fo3 came out, seemed too serious

new vegas changed that up a bit but not much

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

chaos rhames posted:

HATE NEWS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reason posted:

HATE NEWS

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

i havent played it so i dont know but i really hope so

i think thats what i missed when fo3 came out, seemed too serious

new vegas changed that up a bit but not much

None of the series was ever that funny, but 3 didn't have the dark satirical tone aside from Liberty Prime and stuff I forget probably. It was too optimistic, which isn't a bad thing but not as fun.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 3, 2015

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I bought the Pip Boy edition and I'm gonna scalp it and make a cool hundred bucks or so on it. Cheers, OP

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

im going to make rick from rick and morty

he is going to have the party boy perk so he can drink a lot and he is gonna have high intelligence and luck

i'm going to make morty

he is gonna have all the bad perks

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I am hoping it will be a fun game.

As someone who doesn't really care about mods anymore, but definitely hated how unstable the PC version of FO3 is, I am torn between getting it for PS4 where I can chill and play it on a 65" screen, or on my PC where I sit much closer to a 24" screen but not on the couch.

I feel like I am more likely to spill my beer at the computer than on the couch, plus the coffee table has more room for snacks.

Is there any mod for FO3 or Skyrim (other than the macho man randy savage dragon?) that makes modding worthwhile or should I just buy this on PS4?

Also my girlfriend is bad at twin sticks but fine with FPS controls but I feel like FO4 will be a good game to learn that because it doesn't really require skill because it has that pause targeting combat right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna play this on the Xbone and it will be fun. Well, that's my story about this game so far, thanks for reading!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to enjoy finding people like the hippie robot Professor Goodfeels and seeing how goofy some of the character models look. Piper and Dog will probably be my goto companions.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I preordered the game on Steam and am generally looking forward to preloading and then playing it, as well as experiencing the fabled bethesda launch day bugs. It should be pretty fun all around. Alright peace

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

probably gonna get this game for pc and generally have a good time

not gonna preorder it though because beth games are always buggy on release and lol dota 2

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
I look forward getting lost in a post apocalyptic theme park and to messing around with the weapon and armor crafting system, it looks like it could be a fun feature.

Okay that was my post hope you liked it!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Sigma-X posted:

As someone who doesn't really care about mods anymore, but definitely hated how unstable the PC version of FO3 is, I am torn between getting it for PS4 where I can chill and play it on a 65" screen, or on my PC where I sit much closer to a 24" screen but not on the couch.
if witcher 3 was any indication, I wouldn't expect the PS4 version to get any special treatment in the stability department. Skyrim was pretty buggy too on PS3 IIRC

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I liked the conversation with the Lieutenant. Tony Jay is great.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Martout posted:

I look forward getting lost in a post apocalyptic theme park and to messing around with the weapon and armor crafting system, it looks like it could be a fun feature.

Okay that was my post hope you liked it!

it was a good post

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i am probably going to put like 300 hours into this game

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Sigma-X posted:

I am hoping it will be a fun game.

I feel like I am more likely to spill my beer at the computer than on the couch, plus the coffee table has more room for snacks.

Is there any mod for FO3 or Skyrim (other than the macho man randy savage dragon?) that makes modding worthwhile or should I just buy this on PS4?

Also my girlfriend is bad at twin sticks but fine with FPS controls but I feel like FO4 will be a good game to learn that because it doesn't really require skill because it has that pause targeting combat right?

Get it on pc and lug the pc to the tv or stream it over steam to your telly and llay with a controller. All the perks on pc but with much snack eating room.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
After talking to a few co-workers who don't really play video games except for Fallout I realized I don't care about the game having the best graphics. I just care that it is fun.

It reminded me why I really like games.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I was going to have fun playing Fallout but then I remembered someone said that Bethesda's walking animations aren't as good as they'd like so I guess it's a pass for me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

tehsid posted:

Get it on pc and lug the pc to the tv or stream it over steam to your telly and llay with a controller. All the perks on pc but with much snack eating room.

Or have a kick rear end gaming laptop (lol not poor) and a sweet rear end laptop couch stand and game in perfect comfort.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
why is the curent fallout thread cancer? i've never read it but that title annoys me. is it a sperg thing or does it just suck?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have been avoiding basically all info about this game to enjoy my blind run. I saw the E3 trailer where they showed base building and decided "welp, guess I pretty much have to buy this". I am going to be king of garbage mountain.

nightwisher posted:

why is the curent fallout thread cancer? i've never read it but that title annoys me. is it a sperg thing or does it just suck?

Gonna guess its because its a Bethesda game and people are stupid when it comes to talking about them.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk OP, seems like a bad game and I question the assumption that stable people are emotionally attached to a video game. Even more so for a game they haven't played yet.

toodles

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm probably not gonna play this game but I hope Obsidian gets to make a New Vegas equivalent follow-up. cheers gamers

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

I was going to have fun playing Fallout but then I remembered someone said that Bethesda's walking animations aren't as good as they'd like so I guess it's a pass for me.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I hope that once the game is out this can be a cool place to talk about our experiences with this open world title and all of the content in it. I hope you are all able to enjoy the game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think im pretty excited for Fallout 4. Im iffy about buying it on Day 1 though, because historically 60$ purchases for me have been bad for one reason or another. Gameplay looks solid enough that modders can fix whatever problems the game has.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm probably not gonna play this game but I hope Obsidian gets to make a New Vegas equivalent follow-up. cheers gamers

yeah I was pretty bummed that this looks like Fallout 3 2. I'd love a NV2.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snatch Duster posted:

idk OP, seems like a bad game and I question the assumption that stable people are emotionally attached to a video game. Even more so for a game they haven't played yet.

toodles

im not attached friend, i just think i am excited to play a game

but i respect your opinion and am glad you have posted it here

thank you

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

toodles

you say this but i just read the last 10 pages of that thread and yeah pretty sure all the people examining all the pixels in the videos for muddiness are really cool people who are fun to play with

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

man nurse posted:

I hope that once the game is out this can be a cool place to talk about our experiences with this open world title and all of the content in it. I hope you are all able to enjoy the game.

agreed

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

nightwisher posted:

The graphics look pretty bad for a game in 2015 so people are probably losing their minds over that. Mad Max already shower how to make a post apocalyptic wasteland look good recently.

I will probably buy this game when it goes on sale because I don't trust Bethesda to launch a working product but they will launch a fun game once all the bugs are fixed.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Eonwe posted:

im not attached friend, i just think i am excited to play a game

but i respect your opinion and am glad you have posted it here

thank you

but youer excited about a bad game eonwe

that makes u bad too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress man now I have to keep track of two threads

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

chaos rhames posted:

I don't know but this thread sure won't :rimshot:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

This thread is superfluous, as there is already a Fallout 4 thread on this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Byolante posted:

The graphics look pretty bad for a game in 2015 so people are probably losing their minds over that. Mad Max already shower how to make a post apocalyptic wasteland look good recently.

I will probably buy this game when it goes on sale because I don't trust Bethesda to launch a working product but they will launch a fun game once all the bugs are fixed.

but it's bethesda, youre lucky to even get a graphics engine and not some knockoff figurines and a board

like skyrim looked like poo poo when it came out too

• Locked thread