Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bina posted:

:smith: The really sad part here is, I know the brand of that frozen atrocity.

It's Banquet, isn't it?

:aaaaa: You just brought me back like fifteen years because I totally forgot I used to eat Frozen TV dinners when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Gonna be honest, I have no idea what this is. And whoever I showed it to thought it was eldrich in nature, or had something to do with Tasha Yar.

Wasn't Kevin Dillon in the remake?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Why did nobody buy cash crab a new username? I think trash panda would be suitable

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

"Penne"! "pene" has a slightly different meaning (on the other hand...)

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Woops, have an actual pene salad, then
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/apIwXyW.jpg:nws:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

:aaaaa: You just brought me back like fifteen years because I totally forgot I used to eat Frozen TV dinners when I was a kid.

I'm really glad those weren't a thing over here in Europe, 'cause they are so loving sad. Plus the sheer gall of positioning THIS as a "banquet":

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Transferring from the military food thread, the breakfast included in a British 24-hour ration I ate:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I think this is the right thread for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dQvjeEQQc

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm really glad those weren't a thing over here in Europe, 'cause they are so loving sad. Plus the sheer gall of positioning THIS as a "banquet":

They could make a full meal out of that little bit of potato that always wound up on the edge of the plastic there and it would be okay. It would always be chewy and overcooked but somehow tasted better. :iiam:

Also loose corn along with another starch :cripes:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

McSpergin posted:

Why did nobody buy cash crab a new username? I think trash panda would be suitable

I don't think anything is going to top "Toilet Bears" for a raccoon nicknamr

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tiggum posted:

When I invite people for dinner I do the prep after they arrive. So do most people I know. I guess if your kitchen is a totally separate room to the livingroom then it might be a bit awkward, but most houses aren't like that.

My kitchen and living room and dining room are separate rooms, and people like to hang out in the kitchen while I cook and it's not a big space. Cutting down on the time my guests are dodging my tornado of movements is the best bet.

But we are working on taking out one kitchen wall and making a bar between the dining room and kitchen, so I can cook while my friends drink and watch.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

To be fair those things are literally a dollar they're not really trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

chitoryu12 posted:

Transferring from the military food thread, the breakfast included in a British 24-hour ration I ate:

Looks pretty much exactly like the one of the old canned rations we recieved in the Swedish army back when I did my military service in the mid 90's. That particular ration was affectionately called "dead man's finger".

It tasted alright, but bland.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DekeThornton posted:

Looks pretty much exactly like the one of the old canned rations we recieved in the Swedish army back when I did my military service in the mid 90's. That particular ration was affectionately called "dead man's finger".

It tasted alright, but bland.

It actually looks suspiciously like a canned breakfast Ashens reviewed in one of his Poundland Specials, and had the same "You can cut them in half with a finger" soft sausages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aueah-mOjDI

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I had heard people talking about Masaokis before but had never actually seen any of his videos, and I'm going through the account now and losing my goddamn mind. How is this man still alive

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

I had heard people talking about Masaokis before but had never actually seen any of his videos, and I'm going through the account now and losing my goddamn mind. How is this man still alive

The look on my face watching these is somewhere between horrified grimace and poo poo-eating grin. I hate this as an OCD cook, yet I cannot help but watch.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

My weird old maid aunt has eaten one of these for dinner every night for the last 25 years or more.

She is, strangely, still alive.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

My weird old maid aunt has eaten one of these for dinner every night for the last 25 years or more.

She is, strangely, still alive.

More preservative than woman, this human slim-jim will outlive the very last of us

v v I would eat the en-tire thing v v

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 18:35 on Nov 5, 2015

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

No pizza rules?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I'm going to definitely post a picture of the 2008-2010 MRE omelette I had the misfortune of eating in 2015. It was still edible, surprisingly, but definitely didn't look like it. The best way to describe it was "Solidified rectangle of off-white paste."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'm going to invoke Pizza Rules on this one

I would eat the flan pizza though

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hmmm, this cheese is a bit rubbery. Really sticks to the roof of your mouth though. :v:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I am so tired of you trying to impose pizza rules on everyone. Please don't tread on us

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Hmmm, this cheese is a bit rubbery. Really sticks to the roof of your mouth though. :v:

*rimshot*

Well I think it tastes wheel good.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I am so tired of you trying to impose pizza rules on everyone. Please don't tread on us

:D

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Hmm, they're really trying to get some traction on this new pizza fad.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I have started something terrible.

I mean it started eight months ago, but still.

And it's great :allears:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bina posted:

:smith: The really sad part here is, I know the brand of that frozen atrocity.

It's Banquet, isn't it?

Naw, pretty sure that one's Swanson, which is just Banquet except it costs a little more. But Banquet was totally a college food 'cause, well, it's a buck, brah save money.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

It actually looks suspiciously like a canned breakfast Ashens reviewed in one of his Poundland Specials, and had the same "You can cut them in half with a finger" soft sausages:

Mmm, mechanically separated pork* sausages!

* may contain 50% mechanically separated chicken

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
While I was in school, I worked in a small diner cafe kind of thing, it served the tech building, so it had a small crowd but was still known for being miles ahead of the main dining hall for food quality. Here's the chili pictures I took.

We'd get really busy during the lunch rush, so people would be more focused on prep than serving, so I'd come in to things like this:

I tried to stir it to make it look a little more appealing;

Here's a bonus chili pic I found on my old phone:

I don't miss everything being C-grade "Sysco" food product.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
What is the last object? I'm not sure how that's chili related... I am very concerned.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chitoryu12 posted:

They look awful and are probably literally made from poo poo they scraped off the floor but a tin of soft sausage, bacon bits, beans and weird burger things is great on toast in the morning if you have a hangover and can barely crawl your way into the kitchen

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ulfhednar posted:

greasepan chili substance

This was...better than the main dining hall? The gently caress were they serving, I wonder? Slices of white bread marinated in warm, week-old fryer grease? Slices of hotdog mixed with unmelted government cheese and overcooked penne?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

What is the last object? I'm not sure how that's chili related... I am very concerned.

What, you've never seen a chili egg before? How do you think chili reproduce?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This was...better than the main dining hall? The gently caress were they serving, I wonder? Slices of white bread marinated in warm, week-old fryer grease? Slices of hotdog mixed with unmelted government cheese and overcooked penne?

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but I always just assumed that chili had live young like most other stews.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It looks more like a painful growth, or possibly a conjoined twin.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This is why there are chilli rules.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I'm mostly familiar with the spore-propagating asexual portion of the chili reproductive cycle, but maybe that only applies to the kind with mushrooms.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I believe that brown lump is the secret ingredient to chili cone corn egg

theres a will theres moe has a new favorite as of 23:41 on Nov 5, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think anything is going to top "Toilet Bears" for a raccoon nicknamr

hear hear

Ulfhednar posted:

I don't miss everything being C-grade "Sysco" food product.

It's amazing how much this LITERALLY looks like poo poo

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

cash crab posted:

It's amazing how much this LITERALLY looks like poo poo

Okay, time to change cash crab's diet :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Gonna be honest, I have no idea what this is. And whoever I showed it to thought it was eldrich in nature, or had something to do with Tasha Yar.

It's either Freddy Krueger coming out to say hello, or the Blob redux.

McSpergin posted:

I like Cash Crab, because it's a funny cute name we can all remember our trash panda by.

Cash Crab :allears:

Also:

"Hush little trash bear don't let life make you frown.

Live like cash crab - go eat a double down."

• Locked thread