Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hoobajoo posted:

Death is the biggest bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

CJacobs posted:

There's a moment in I think SH2 where Pat and Matt get on the subject of outliving your children, and there's this one sentence that Pat ends with "but I don't have to worry about it cuz I already know I'm gonna die young haaa", and I could actually physically feel his dread creeping through my monitor. Jesus Pat.

I still don't understand why Pat doesn't like SA. It seems like he'd fit right in here.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Radio Paranoia posted:

I still don't understand why Pat doesn't like SA. It seems like he'd fit right in here.
I think it's more the idea of him being a part of anything that involves Lowtax that he despises.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat seems like the guy who would be most likely to post on SA

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He fears that which he resembles most

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wanna see a best friends video called Pat Stares At The Abyss in which he signs up for an SA account and sees that we are staring right back at him. There is no audio other than his voice and a weird background hum, of course.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pat avoiding SA like a guy whose father and grandfather died of alcoholism not drinking.

He knows he'd fit in too well here.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

CJacobs posted:

I wanna see a best friends video called Pat Stares At The Abyss in which he signs up for an SA account and sees that we are staring right back at him. There is no audio other than his voice and a weird background hum, of course.

So, Mercenary Kings then?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Matt buys pat an account and in a week he's here yucking it up about star citizen with the rest

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Radio Paranoia posted:

It's probably one of those things where you hate the people that remind you the most of yourself. Also if he's familiar with SA through gaming, goons are pretty notorious in certain gaming communities for trolling and griefing the poo poo out of people.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly the reason why Pat probably doesn't like SA (although I don't know if that's actually been said anywhere) is because there's this weird culture here of obnoxious contentless shitposts being funny. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, humor is totally subjective and cultures form out of large numbers of people who share the same subjectivity, but I don't blame him for not wanting to partake. Despite goons' general similarities to Pat's outlook on life, that doesn't mean he'd be a fitting member of SA or is the reason he has distaste for the forums.

Matt is braver than Pat, is what I'm basically saying.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 5, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Counterpoint: he loves Neogaf

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well okay you got me there. It's probably Lowtax then.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
neogaf is baffling in its awfulness

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byoIW5hxB0

Remember when she drove out an indian spirit? Watch 3 hyenas react to all that bullshit

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byoIW5hxB0

Remember when she drove out an indian spirit? Watch 3 hyenas react to all that bullshit

I really hope Pat never ends up on the street because I still can't believe he thought it was a remotely good idea to go into some back alley with a strange guy offering money. :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Honestly the reason why Pat probably doesn't like SA (although I don't know if that's actually been said anywhere) is because there's this weird culture here of obnoxious contentless shitposts being funny. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, humor is totally subjective and cultures form out of large numbers of people who share the same subjectivity, but I don't blame him for not wanting to partake. Despite goons' general similarities to Pat's outlook on life, that doesn't mean he'd be a fitting member of SA or is the reason he has distaste for the forums.

fuckrd up if true

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Wow, Liam got incredibly heated about Warren on the podcast.

I love how his interpretation of that character is completely correct. Warren's a loving scumbag.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Where I am in the game, episode 3, he's barely done anything. I don't understand the hate. Is this like a Huey thing where his terrible words and deeds will be revealed in at the end?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

CJacobs posted:

Yeah it's probably part this. Pat got burned on another website (luelinks/end of the internet) full of obnoxious shitposting when someone on there leaked stuff he posted to the bro team people on twitter. He was not happy about it. Same thing happened to Jason Scherer earlier this year (who also posted on eti in the past). Ended up that the Bro Team guy had an account and was the mods finally banned him but the whole experience probably made pat gun shy about posting on forums full of trolls that sometimes put posts behind a paywall.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 5, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Early morning video??!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I knew that donut thing was gonna happen! At least they got to see some of the fight.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where I am in the game, episode 3, he's barely done anything. I don't understand the hate. Is this like a Huey thing where his terrible words and deeds will be revealed in at the end?
I've seen more complaints about him being an annoying third wheel than anything else. Some people seemed legitimately upset about that which shows me even more that shipping is bad.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 5, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Go actually look up that locker thing Liam was talking about

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've watched the LP up to the last episode and he hasn't really done anything particularly bad. I'm not sure where the really strong hatred came from, since at the beginning it was more like "Haha look at this friendzoned loser."

He does seem a little creepy though, because apparently there's a little thing in Episode 2 where if you look out the window he's basically trying to peek in Max's dorm room. :whitewater:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Go actually look up that locker thing Liam was talking about
As admittedly disturbing as it is there's really no evidence it was real at all. In a section crammed with references to the audience/community that are basically "Hey remember this thing? winkwinknudgenudge", like the bottle collecting and everyone acting like crazy exaggerated versions of themselves and crazy stalkers, I'm not sure of the validity of an imaginary locker. It's a loving nightmare realm, unless you seriously think Chloe totally did kiss Victoria too.

HGH fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 5, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HGH posted:

As admittedly disturbing as it is there's really no evidence it was real at all. In a section crammed with references to the audience/community that are basically "Hey remember this thing? winkwinknudgenudge", like the bottle collecting and everyone acting like crazy exaggerated versions of themselves and crazy stalkers, I'm not sure of the validity of an imaginary locker. It's a loving nightmare realm, unless you seriously think Chloe totally did kiss Victoria too.

It's Max's version of the world, meaning that's what she thinks Warren is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HGH posted:

My understanding of the game based on the podcast being that's how Max sees Warren and how the devs want the player to see him.

Which makes the notion that you can apparently choose him and that Woolie did hilarious.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why does Woolie find it so hard to understand why they don't kill the kids in Ultra Despair Girls? Like there are so many problems with the game and its characters, but that is not one of them. His comparison of Max and Komaru was pretty stupid too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

My understanding of the game based on the podcast being that's how Max sees Warren and how the devs want the player to see him.

Which makes the notion that you can apparently choose him and that Woolie did hilarious.

Same time there's scenes of Chloe getting together with literally everyone and hitting on Jefferson while going "no this isn't right nooo!" It's really, reeeeally flimsy. You literally turn into Victoria at one point too and taking that as truth when it's surrounded by lies is hilarious.

Then again they made it clear they chose to become mass murderers at the end of the run so maybe Liam = Warren really was true.

Undertale talk aside I knew the fight would end early which is a shame but at the same time I'm kinda curious if they got the fact Sans was talking with Toriel. It didn't come off like they picked up on it but iunno v:shobon:v

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Considering they still think Alphys is a guy I think they've just forgotten a lot of poo poo.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Baal posted:

Why does Woolie find it so hard to understand why they don't kill the kids in Ultra Despair Girls? Like there are so many problems with the game and its characters, but that is not one of them. His comparison of Max and Komaru was pretty stupid too.

I didn't watch Ultra Despair Girls, but letting serial murders run free sounds really loving dumb regardless if they're kids or not? Like the trope of "whoops we let the badguy get away again" is infuriating. Liam sorta kept repeating that a building fell on them, but Woolie made it sound like there was more then one?

I bet if they had been creepy and hit on the main character Liam would be on board with the murdering.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxyclean posted:

I didn't watch Ultra Despair Girls, but letting serial murders run free sounds really loving dumb regardless if they're kids or not? Like the trope of "whoops we let the badguy get away again" is infuriating. Liam sorta kept repeating that a building fell on them, but Woolie made it sound like there was more then one?

I bet if they had been creepy and hit on the main character Liam would be on board with the murdering.

One of them molested the main character and you have to play a minigame to stop it before ripping the same childs clothes off. Said child has killed countless adults ontop of everything- she joins the heroes and is portrayed as one at the end.

There's 5 kids and 4 of them in the credits despite all the murder are painted as "no they totally reformed and are on the good guys side!" despite the slaughter and horrific things they did and the other one is going on to (apparently) be the series big bad in the future. The character that's going to kill even more was piled under some rubble and the cast just walk by her like eh w/e I'm sure it'll be fine due to the building collapsing which lets another character run in and save her.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

One of them molested the main character and you have to play a minigame to stop it before ripping the same childs clothes off. Said child has killed countless adults ontop of everything- she joins the heroes and is portrayed as one at the end.

There's 5 kids and 4 of them in the credits despite all the murder are painted as "no they totally reformed and are on the good guys side!" despite the slaughter and horrific things they did and the other one is going on to (apparently) be the series big bad in the future. The character that's going to kill even more was piled under some rubble and the cast just walk by her like eh w/e I'm sure it'll be fine due to the building collapsing which lets another character run in and save her.

All the characters in Dangan Ronpa are not great. By that I mean they're not written well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The main character leaves the killer alone not because she thinks she'll be fine, but because she doesn't care. After trying to be hoisted as a Christ figure for bloodthirsty adults and murderous children, I think the answer of "gently caress off out of my town" is honestly one of the better choices I've seen a character take when it comes to this.

The game in general is poorly written trying to just suddenly make you forget that the kids murdered tons of people now that they're against the worst kid or Haiji's entire loving character, but Komaru's decision to just leave Monaca to her fate is one of the more sensible ones after everything that's happened.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Max is a terrible goonlord that walks around insulting everyone in her head with internet memes and probably spends her spare time shitposting on the forums. She deserves Warren. :colbert:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Pat pulling a lot of comet knowledge straight out of his rear end in the new Soma installment. :v:

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Max is a terrible goonlord that walks around insulting everyone in her head with internet memes and probably spends her spare time shitposting on the forums. She deserves Warren. :colbert:

I didn't realize until now that Max's voice acting is the thing that bothers me the most about her. She says the most mundane lines in this really overdone melodramatic way.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kimmalah posted:

I didn't realize until now that Max's voice acting is the thing that bothers me the most about her. She says the most mundane lines in this really overdone melodramatic way.

She's too dramatic when things are just kinda bad and too calm when she's about to get drugged and murdered by a creepy photographer. I think it says more about her lines than her performance, tho.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Geez, the guys are SUPER nitpick-y in the Life is Strange LP aren't they? Does this get better? I'm not sure I can continue the LP if it stays like this.

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 6, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

She's too dramatic when things are just kinda bad and too calm when she's about to get drugged and murdered by a creepy photographer. I think it says more about her lines than her performance, tho.

She's poorly acted, tbh. It's not even just the lines, it's pretty bad acting in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

She's poorly acted, tbh. It's not even just the lines, it's pretty bad acting in general.

This is why I prefer the japanese dub.