Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
A lot of people on Reddit seem very upset that FO4's map isn't 1:1 scale Massachusetts. But given that there aren't vehicles in game, I really don't mind it. I tried going through FO3 without fast travel, and it was doable but obnoxious, tried Skyrim without fast travel and just gave up eventually. Even with horses it'd take forever to get from point A to point B. Being able to get everywhere I want without having to teleport all the time isn't really a downside to me, so long as there's a high density of stuff contained in that area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

youre a tremendous human being hth

turn on your monitor

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Mr. Fortitude posted:

A mod that makes the player bipolar by randomly picking dialogue choices for you and you have no control over it might be kind of entertaining.

Why do you need a mod? There are always only four options, yes, no, unsure, and explain.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A Curvy Goonette posted:

*punches self in face* I LIKE THIS *hits knee on table corner* WHY DON"T YOU LIKE THIS *stubs toe* ENJOYMENT IS SUBJECTIVE

Yeah tell those idiots how to have fun the right way. That is extremely cool and doesn't make you look like a goony sperg

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Sedisp posted:

Yeah tell those idiots how to have fun the right way. That is extremely cool and doesn't make you look like a goony idiot

I mean, what is FUN anyway?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Timespy posted:

Yeah, here's a preview

He doesn't just fist— he's a fully intergrated multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part is that he's learning.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
why did they change the dialogue system

that is the first thing that seems dumb to me

HATE BIOWARE

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

frajaq posted:

That's a drat shame.

Well anyway I'm glad the best gun of Fallout 3 is coming back

I am not getting excited until I know whether or not it still makes the same noises. Spiking people to walls is fun, but it's really the sound effects that made this gun great.

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope the rock-it launcher is back in and I can continue to murder people with dollar bills while wearing a top hat.

Guessing it is, given they used something to blow a guy's head off with a teddy bear in one of the trailers.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I mean, what is FUN anyway?

Fallout 4

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
"Fun" is reading a post from 350 pages back where a SomethingAwful poster insists on defending a completely irrelevant NPC in Fallout 3 by inventing hypothetical situations that aren't described in the game.

Also shooting Super Mutants in the head is pretty fun, yea.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ChibiSoma posted:

I am not getting excited until I know whether or not it still makes the same noises. Spiking people to walls is fun, but it's really the sound effects that made this gun great.

Guessing it is, given they used something to blow a guy's head off with a teddy bear in one of the trailers.

One mod to make the ingame baby a fireable projectile, please!

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

Dandywalken posted:

One mod to make the ingame baby a fireable projectile, please!

I want a mod that replaces the dog with the baby. The baby will crawl around and do the same things the dog can do like bite enemies to hold them in place and fetch loot.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope the rock-it launcher is back in and I can continue to murder people with dollar bills while wearing a top hat.

I'm pretty sure the 'Junk Jet' is basically the Rock-It Launcher 2.0

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Psychotron posted:

I want a mod that replaces the dog with the baby. The baby will crawl around and do the same things the dog can do like bite enemies to hold them in place and fetch loot.

Holy gently caress, this would be incredible.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am giddy with excitement at the prospect of high-kinetic-energy babies gibbing raiders in postapocalyptic Boston

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

epic.... epic for the win

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can we make it Baby Busta Rhymes from this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHHT7dTmw8U

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Valatar posted:

A lot of people on Reddit seem very upset that FO4's map isn't 1:1 scale Massachusetts. But given that there aren't vehicles in game, I really don't mind it. I tried going through FO3 without fast travel, and it was doable but obnoxious, tried Skyrim without fast travel and just gave up eventually. Even with horses it'd take forever to get from point A to point B. Being able to get everywhere I want without having to teleport all the time isn't really a downside to me, so long as there's a high density of stuff contained in that area.

imagine being so dense and stupid that you cant find anything to gripe about but the scale of the map

typical reddit

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Psychotron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1WYMKSaTA

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA

loving LOL this is fantastic

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS

there are no teeth in the future

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Dillbag posted:

NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS

YOU ONLY HATE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE ITS A SCREENSHOT OF A WOMAN. NOT SEXY ENOUGH FOR YOU HUH

AHURDUR

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Dillbag posted:

NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS

Nice try showing us the PS2 version of the game as filmed by a calculator. We true fans will nto be fooled by your false flag attacks against Bethesda's good name

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Droid posted:

Nice try showing us the PS2 version of the game as filmed by a calculator. We true fans will nto be fooled by your false flag attacks against Bethesda's good name
same

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

sector_corrector posted:

TPP's story is dense and self-referential, but not nonsense. That's a distraction from the conversation though, and subjective.

Obviously every game has its weak points, just like different film directors have different strengths. I can enjoy Mulholland Drive and Guardians of the Galaxy in completely different ways without saying that the visual effects in Mulholland Drive aren't good enough, or the plot of Guadians isn't complex enough.

The point that I'm making is that the low points of TPP (let's say the sparsity of the open world, which I actually do agree with you on) overall don't matter much to me, personally, in the whole experience of the rest of the game. However, the perennially poor writing and graphical abilities of Bethesda as a developer do in fact change how I enjoy their games. It's why I've played through FO3 1.5 times, and played New Vegas 3 times (and can see playing it again in the future). In that case even fixing a single aspect of the game, the story, is enough to make me want to play it more. To expand on it a little more, I would say that Bethesda's main faults are questions of craft. They're fairly good at putting together a bunch of complex systems that mostly work with one another, but extremely incompetent when it comes to giving those systems grace, meaning, or style. That's why I'm glad that they brought in outside help for the combat this time around - at least that's one area that they've decided to improve upon.

This is a cool post and not a giant waste of garbage like the other thread shitters are crapping out. That said, it seems a bit odd to poo poo on a story when all you've got to go on is random spoilers and leaks? I mean, I'm not laboring under any delusion that the story in this game will buck the trend and be good for once. It almost certainly won't be!

Unless I get a HATE X option in every dialogue wheel, in which case goty.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dillbag posted:

NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS

This looks pretty ok actually.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
*in an increasingly frantic voice* You don't know! It could be Bethesda is addressing the consequences of nothing but Fancy Lads Snack Cakes and Sugar Bombs Cereal surviving the apocalypse, causing everyone's teeth to fall out! Yeah! Epic! This game is going to be so much Fun!!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Xeremides posted:

YOU ONLY HATE THE WAY IT LOOKS BECAUSE ITS A SCREENSHOT OF A WOMAN. NOT SEXY ENOUGH FOR YOU HUH

AHURDUR

People who actually think this confuse the gently caress out of me, like in the year of our lord 2015 do you want to jerk it to a video game??

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Effectronica posted:

*in an increasingly frantic voice* You don't know! It could be Bethesda is addressing the consequences of nothing but Fancy Lads Snack Cakes and Sugar Bombs Cereal surviving the apocalypse, causing everyone's teeth to fall out! Yeah! Epic! This game is going to be so much Fun!!

Radiation sickness can lead to teeth falling out, probably.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Effectronica posted:

just point to the place on the doll where the bad-sounding raygun touched you already

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

This looks pretty ok actually.

For a closeup view of a Wasteland 2 character

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

People who actually think this confuse the gently caress out of me, like in the year of our lord 2015 do you want to jerk it to a video game??

What's crazier than that are people who'll ignore 10 pictures of male characters displaying how lovely the models look, and then flip poo poo when one picture of a female character is posted, while accusing anyone who thinks the model looks like poo poo of being sexist.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

lol rap music makes a satire post about this and your response is to make an unironic seriouspost pro/con list oh jeez

Nice meltdown

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Droid posted:

For a closeup view of a Wasteland 2 character

I haven't played it, but I hope it looks okay too.

quote:

What's crazier than that are people who'll ignore 10 pictures of male characters displaying how lovely the models look, and then flip poo poo when one picture of a female character is posted, while accusing anyone who thinks the model looks like poo poo of being sexist.

The only two pictures of dudes I recall offhand being posted were black guy with cool laser gun and (Not Isaac) Clarke.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
that screen is from like the few milliseconds in that bit where her teeth are hidden by her lips but yea i guess it means that every single character in the game will be toothless

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Zombies' Downfall posted:

just point to the place on the doll where the bad-sounding raygun touched you already

Wow, I think Fallout 4 will be bad and not good, but I wouldn't say that it's child molestation in video game form. :wtc:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dandywalken posted:

Can we make it Baby Busta Rhymes from this video?

Mod the game so "flip mode is the greatest" is a valid and correct response to any question posed to you by an NPC

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Please gas this loving mess.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Dillbag posted:

NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS

LMFAO now compare that to a man's game like Witcher 3.

cmon, which one would you rather bang am I right bros? :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
bless this mess

apparently the streamer is going to be on again tonight on the same site, he keeps rotating actual stream services as they get nuked

• Locked thread