Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alexander DeLarge posted:

To be fair, Black Ops 1/2 have had fantastic campaigns. This one just surpasses both in spectacle and fun.

I bought BLOPS2 and never touched the SP/Campaign.

Then I got every achievement for the campaign in Ghosts :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bought BLOPS2 and never touched the SP/Campaign.

Then I got every achievement for the campaign in Ghosts :shepicide:

go play Black Ops 2, it has RPG/multiple choice dialog elements and it's really good. The way you play can really impact the way the story turns out too. I loved it, and the set pieces were really good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

sba posted:

i'm irrationally excited to play this call of duty game later

Less than twelve hours! :dance:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
CARLS JR FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
how many of you jumped from god's ONE true console to the piss4 ?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Requesting irl pics of Black Hops Midnight Pale Ale from our goons Down Under.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

sba posted:

I think most people kept their Wii U's?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

univbee posted:

I think most people kept their Wii U's?

please, that console already has a better FPS than this

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Speaking of Wii U I started a Mii-verse COD group here's a link!

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 5, 2015

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

Looks great so far. Maps look good. Disappointed in apparent lack of Combat Training like mode, but that's it.

You can play against Bots in Private Matches.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

You can play against Bots in Private Matches.
BO2 combat training gave 1/2 xp and unlocks, had matchmaking, and didn't even track stats. it was the only playlist you could play hardpoint and demolition in as the game got older. it was the best.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I am ready to play Call of Duty

Can't wait to get mad at a video game again.

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 5, 2015

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Ugh I was so looking forward to playing at midnight tonight but I accidentally made plans. Oh well I'll be on in the morning. wrekt.

add me on PSN

bettyspagh3tt1

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Should I buy this on PC or will it be like the last game where it immediately became full of hackers and had weird performance issues

Gunder
May 22, 2003

To be fair, Black Ops 1/2 have had fantastic campaigns. This one just surpasses both in spectacle and fun.

I thought the Black Ops 2 campaign was one of the worst in CoD history. I hope it's not a let down. AW was pretty fun.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Should I buy this on PC or will it be like the last game where it immediately became full of hackers and had weird performance issues

I haven't played CoD on PC since Black Ops 1 for that very reason.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

From my understanding AW was (in part) full of hackers because there were no dedicated servers. BO3 has dedicated servers. That being said, there will always be someone who sucks at playing the game enough to go through the effort to make your life miserable and make them feel better at it.

strategery fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 5, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It's by Treyarch this time around so there will be a lot less cheaters than other CoDs by comparison on PC.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

I am gonna double dip. Just waiting maybe a week or two before nabbing it on xbone.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

I am gonna double dip. Just waiting maybe a week or two before nabbing it on xbone.

I did the same. Gotta cover the spread.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
http://www.twitch.tv/therace has started, they are $5600 away from their 24 hour stream goal within the first hour of $20k which is all they made last year.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Been playing for a couple hours and this is honestly one of the best single player campaigns in a FPS in a long, long loving time. Just what I expect from Treyarch. I can't wait to see the multiplayer maps.

Does it have any attachment to the other Black Ops games storywise? Seems like everyone/everything involved in those games would be dead by now.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Been playing for a few hours on PC. Easily the biggest leap the series has taken since WW2 -> MW. The presentation and scope of everything i've seen so far (half the single player and a couple rounds of multi + 5mins of zombies) makes me feel optimistic about trying the rest and for once it feels like there is a lot to do.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
Well it seems you can't preload on pc. poo poo.

Edit: How is everyone already playing?

strategery fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 5, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

strategery posted:

Well it seems you can't preload on pc. poo poo.

Edit: How is everyone already playing?

Preload worked fine for me on steam. Good thing too, because the game took like two days to download with my Aussie internet connection.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone on the xbone going to be playing Midnight GMT ?
GT :S1Nx81

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

IGN review... preview? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzorTS7Zb6E

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

BurritoJustice posted:

Preload worked fine for me on steam. Good thing too, because the game took like two days to download with my Aussie internet connection.

Ah i am trying to preload from my phone as greenman just emailed me the key and I am at work. Got my wife to activate the key on steam before she left for work tonight but thought i would be able to download it using my phone. Oh well.

Zaphod42 posted:

Thinking about grabbing this for cheap on GMG, but looks like no nuketown. Will it be available as DLC later on for those who didn't get the pre-order bonus?

Thought it did include that. But if not, they want money and it is stupid to split the player base. So yes, I wouldnt even question it.

strategery fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 5, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Thinking about grabbing this for cheap on GMG, but looks like no nuketown. Will it be available as DLC later on for those who didn't get the pre-order bonus?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

It was for blops 2 I think, probably around December here

Mandoira
Jul 27, 2003

There are four kinds of Homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy.

Zaphod42 posted:

I ordered it on GMG yesterday. They sent me a code about 2 hours ago and it actually has Nuketown despite them saying it wouldn't. YMMV obviously. I can't imagine they won't be selling it as DLC after launch.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mandoira posted:

I ordered it on GMG yesterday. They sent me a code about 2 hours ago and it actually has Nuketown despite them saying it wouldn't. YMMV obviously. I can't imagine they won't be selling it as DLC after launch.

Sweet. I'm not huge on COD but for $40, gently caress it. This one sounds pretty cool. I also haven't played nazi zombies in forever so that'll be fun.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I didn't preorder for once but I think I'm going to swing in to gamestop or best buy or something tomorrow morning and pick it up.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So how are you supposed to get those free skins for the old cod games.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

So how are you supposed to get those free skins for the old cod games.

You needed to link your account on the BLOPS3 website before 9PM on 11/5. I think it's probably too late at this point for anyone who is playing.

Also, here's a non-completely poo poo streamer I've been watching a little - http://www.twitch.tv/i_amwildcat

unclenutzzy
Jun 6, 2007
i'm buying this for the 360, i hope it doesn't blow up in my face

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can someone confirm just how black the ops are

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can someone confirm just how black the ops are

50% blacker than before, for sure

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

unclenutzzy posted:

i'm buying this for the 360, i hope it doesn't blow up in my face

Uh

Don't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

You should consider yourself lucky. :allears:

• Locked thread