Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bushiz posted:

her outfit looks like a suit to me which would probably mean she's either with the press or with the campaign

The only minorities are staffers holy poo poo. Haha sure Bernie doesn't have a minority problem. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Kitfox88 posted:

to be fair rabin's death was potentially the event that really kickstarted israel into being the horror it is today, since the dude agitated for peace and whatnot

I'd wager 90% of Americans think he was killed by a Palestinian too.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nonsense posted:

Likud is really bad, and Hillary shouldn't be taking Israel advice from Schumer.

http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-pms-media-adviser-suggested-obama-anti-semitic-173702562.html

Except that she's going to depend on him to keep lovely bills from hitting her desk and making for attack ads when she vetoes them.

Plus they were both in the NY delegation, so...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
90% of americans probably don't even know who the dude is, let's be fair.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Kitfox88 posted:

to be fair rabin's death was potentially the event that really kickstarted israel into being the horror it is today, since the dude agitated for peace and whatnot

Someone earlier pointed to this This American Life episode about the assassination. It's well done.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

But wait, there's more!

Hillary Clinton posted:

My first visit to Israel, in December 1981, sparked an enduring emotional connection for me — to the land and its people — and admiration for how Israelis have built a thriving democracy in a region full of adversaries and autocrats.

I have stood with Israel my entire career. As a senator, I fought to get Magen David Adom accepted to the International Red Cross when other nations tried to exclude the organization. I wrote and co-sponsored bills that isolated terror groups, and pushed to crack down on incitement in Palestinian textbooks and schools. As secretary of state, I requested more assistance for Israel every year, and supported the lifesaving Iron Dome rocket defense system. I defended Israel from isolation and attacks at the United Nations and other international settings, including opposing the biased Goldstone report.

I also will combat growing efforts to isolate Israel internationally and to undermine its future as a Jewish state, including the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement. I’ve spoken out against BDS in the United States and at the U.N., and will continue to do so.
For me, fighting for Israel isn’t just about policy — it’s a personal commitment to the friendship between our peoples and our vision for peace and security.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kitfox88 posted:

Very true. And they pretty much rewarded his killer by going down the crazy ultranationalist route afterwards.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
NPR is just another pro-Israel mouthpiece. Most stories are emotional pieces on plucky little Israelis living their lives under the constant threat of the barbarous Arab Palestinian.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah. Assassinated by warmongers who basically won in the end.

Warmongers always win in the end.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

BabelFish posted:

Someone earlier pointed to this This American Life episode about the assassination. It's well done.

Uhhhhh, did this american life forget to renew their domain?

Here's some dude who stole it on his soundcloud while NPR figures out why the hell they didn't renew their website:

https://soundcloud.com/this-american-life/570-the-night-in-question?in=hayden-drescher/sets/this-american-life

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 5, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

fits my needs posted:

The only minorities are staffers holy poo poo. Haha sure Bernie doesn't have a minority problem. :dance:

A minority in a suit can only be a staffer or reporter. Maybe YOU got a race problem pal. (or maybe this is New Hampshire)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Except that she's going to depend on him to keep lovely bills from hitting her desk and making for attack ads when she vetoes them.

Plus they were both in the NY delegation, so...

It's still really poo poo, because BiBi is Putin levels scum.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

pathetic little tramp posted:

The democratic party 2015 people.

"We'd like to be known for something besides coal but those coal jobs will be coming back any day now, so can't stop now!" - a moron

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Uhhhhh, did this american life forget to renew their domain?

Here's some dude who stole it on his soundcloud while NPR figures out why the hell they didn't renew their website:

https://soundcloud.com/this-american-life/570-the-night-in-question?in=hayden-drescher/sets/this-american-life
If you're using unblock-us I had issues with their DNS yesterday.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

When Democrats were their most pissed this spring when he gave his speech before congress, support for Israel on the D side hit its big low of 64% calling for mass support for Israel.

Looking at individual politicians is like looking at individual chess pieces. Sure they have different capabilities and strengths, but the real story is the forces moving them.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Wookums posted:

If you're using unblock-us I had issues with their DNS yesterday.

Nah not using anything fancy, they reported they hosed up their DNS on Twitter.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!
The Bernie is racist thing is almost as stupid as the shillary emote. Like, when was the last time the guy even clashed with BLM in a way that Hillary didn't as well?

Bernie supporters maybe. Cast a wide net and you'll catch a lot of different fish. Racist fish. Or something like that

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So shocking that an event in a state that is 94% white people has mostly white people. Shocking I tell you.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Bushiz posted:

her outfit looks like a suit to me which would probably mean she's either with the press or with the campaign

If she's with the campaign it's probably Symone Sanders ( no relation ).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/evanmcsan/bernie-sanders-campaign-adds-young-black-woman-as-new-public#.mm5qvWeBl

He'd been promising to hire a minority outreach for months then hired Symone after the BLM incident.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

The Bernie is racist thing is almost as stupid as the shillary emote. Like, when was the last time the guy even clashed with BLM in a way that Hillary didn't as well?

Bernie supporters maybe. Cast a wide net and you'll catch a lot of different fish. Racist fish. Or something like that

I would not be the least surprised if these prods from hillary aren't meant to be actual attacks on bernie, but meant to provoke pro-sanders people into saying some heinous poo poo and then that becomes the story.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

OpKKK release is here now http://pastebin.com/wbvP95wg

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:iceburn: from the Wall Street Journal

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joementum posted:

:drat:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Reminder that Rumsfeld is only 8 years younger than the man he says is "getting up in years" and implies is senile

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Joementum posted:

Of all the nasty captions I would have applied to that picture, that is probably the worst.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Joementum posted:

That's hilariously cold as poo poo.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

So the culmination of the 'report' is...finding facebook pages. Anon strikes again!

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So the culmination of the 'report' is...finding facebook pages. Anon strikes again!

Yeah this is as weak as the initial release, which consisted almost entirely of known KKK leaders and members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah I couldn't have figured out that the dude with the giant confederate flag on his facebook page and a profile photo of a seal that says KNIGHT OF THE KU KLUX KLAN is a klan member thanks anonymous

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the idea is breaking through the veil of anonymity that the KKK has historically used to avoid punishment for their actions, but yeah in the modern era it's pretty underwhelming. Unless there's a famous person or politician on it, then it's badass.

But let's all reflect and lol at how eager people were to believe the "four sitting US Senators are card carrying members of the KKK" fake story from Tuesday.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

fits my needs posted:

NPR is just another pro-Israel mouthpiece. Most stories are emotional pieces on plucky little Israelis living their lives under the constant threat of the barbarous Arab Palestinian.
Isn't NPR government-funded though? Like the GOP hates any money going for public television/radio and them badmouthing Israel could get their funding yanked really quickly since the Israel thing is probably the only issue that gets bipartisan support.

Not saying it's not lovely to begin with.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SubponticatePoster posted:

Isn't NPR government-funded though? Like the GOP hates any money going for public television/radio and them badmouthing Israel could get their funding yanked really quickly since the Israel thing is probably the only issue that gets bipartisan support.

Not saying it's not lovely to begin with.

NPR gets a sliver of money from the feds, the vast, vast majority of their operating budget comes from listener donations.

They are pro Israel because liberals are usually pro Israel and that's their demo.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
As much as I would love that WSJ pic to be real

quote:

David Roberts ‏@drvox 56m56 minutes ago

Oh, it appears this is just a joke by the execrable James Taranto, so I withdraw my laughter.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BabelFish posted:

New Yorker did a great article as well: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/26/shot-in-the-heart

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

greatn posted:

A minority in a suit can only be a staffer or reporter. Maybe YOU got a race problem pal. (or maybe this is New Hampshire)

Seriously, New Hampshire is something like 94% white. Seeing a large minority representation in any given photo of people from New Hampshire would be downright weird.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

They list Ben Garrison in the document. I thought he was a Libertarian who got his slightly racist cartoons turned into nazi memes?

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 5, 2015

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Listen to Ben Carson's New Rap Ad Aimed at African-American Voters

quote:

The campaign says “reaching out and talking to them in a language that they prefer and in a language that, and in a cultural format that they appreciate” is a way of broadening its appeal to the younger African-American vote.

“This happens to be a group that we feel pretty strongly is ready and prepared to start working for Ben Carson,” Watts said.

There couldn't possibly be a :lol: big enough.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper with this man.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's something wrong with Ben Carson right? Like does he have of those movie style mental disorders where he's really smart but doesn't understand how humans work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Paradoxish posted:

Seriously, New Hampshire is something like 94% white. Seeing a large minority representation in any given photo of people from New Hampshire would be downright weird.

When I went to the New Hampshire democratic convention in September there were quite a few visible minorities with Bernie stuff then. People do come up to NH from Massachusetts and farther for big campaign events like that and this, hell I'm one of them. It's quite odd that not a single one was there.

Radish posted:

There's something wrong with Ben Carson right? Like does he have of those movie style mental disorders where he's really smart but doesn't understand how humans work?

He could just be going senile. I mean, he did retire a few years back so it's not like he's a danger in the operating room because of it.

• Locked thread