Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Trudis posted:

Wait a minute...are you guys saying that pubbies...are bad?

Strange but true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krinkle posted:

Okay I have literally zero health, I've already gone down once on nightmare, i'm holding a perishable grimoire so I can't die, I will just let my team take care of these six vermin while I turn around every three seconds to make sure I don't get stabbed in the back. Aha! Aha! There's one! there's the rat who will kill me! And he's dead. And now I'm dead. They let one through. They didn't stop the goddamn vermin from waltzing right through and murdering me.

Was there a reason why you couldn't have melee weapon equipped and holding block?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

Was there a reason why you couldn't have melee weapon equipped and holding block?

Holding block doesn't prevent damage from behind

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Snatch Duster posted:

Block doesn't protect your back, my team was my back, my team did not protect my back. If I was not trusting my team the rat that dropped down 2 feet away from me silently would have stabbed me in the back. There is no direction I could have pointed my melee weapon that could have blocked both.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krinkle posted:

Block doesn't protect your back, my team was my back, my team did not protect my back. If I was not trusting my team the rat that dropped down 2 feet away from me silently would have stabbed me in the back. There is no direction I could have pointed my melee weapon that could have blocked both.

But it does though, atleast with some heroes like dorf and empire. Also, couldn't you be protecting your back? I mean put it against a wall or something?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Krinkle posted:

Pubbies gonna pub.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Snatch Duster posted:

But it does though, atleast with some heroes like dorf and empire. Also, couldn't you be protecting your back? I mean put it against a wall or something?

Often times in transit you must go through wide open areas with no walls. This was on a bridge for example on the way to the bomb the pillar part so no there was no wall I could have trusted, only treacherous cliffs that spawn silent back stabbing rats.
I love how far you're willing to go to deconstruct "wow my pubby team let me down I'm disappointed' story like your just world fallacy worldview must be astounding.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krinkle posted:

Often times in transit you must go through wide open areas with no walls. This was on a bridge for example on the way to the bomb the pillar part so no there was no wall I could have trusted, only treacherous cliffs that spawn silent back stabbing rats.
I love how far you're willing to go to deconstruct "wow my pubby team let me down I'm disappointed' story like your just world fallacy worldview must be astounding.

I just disagree with blaming other people for mistakes or accidents that could possibly be prevented by the individual. Blocking does give you 360 block fyi, just tested it on elf. So it was your fault.

:gitgud:

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Krinkle posted:

Blocking works on attacks from behind mate

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Why would I know that?
Why would anyone loving assume that?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Vermintide: Why would anyone loving assume that?

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Krinkle posted:

Why would I know that?

I'm telling you that now because I'm assuming you didn't know it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krinkle posted:

Why would I know that?

IDK, maybe if you payed attention while playing the game? I assume you've played more than 10 hours bruh

FYI: health kits also have 4 stamina, so you can block and push with them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snatch Duster posted:

lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

How happy are you that I am banned from Battlefront thread?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Cuddles posted:

Blocking works on attacks from behind mate

WHAT IS OUR WEAPONSKILL AT

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snatch Duster posted:

How happy are you that I am banned from Battlefront thread?

From the thread's perspective it's a good thing.

Secretly I'd like share a :cheerdoge: with you for common ground. I was at one point ordered to stop harassing the OP of the MWO thread.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Krinkle posted:

Why would I know that?

xthetenth posted:

Being aggressively bad about communicating its mechanics and expectations is probably this game's biggest failing.

checks out

e: tooltips on item properties would seriously be my #1 ideal thing for them to add, it's confusing as heck especially with such a sparse wiki. i'm super glad someone posted earlier that each item that gets added to a fuse has a 20% chance of becoming then new item's type too, that's completely not communicated by the game.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Drakefires are completely pimp. Witch Hunter pistols crossed with the Shotgun from the Beam Staff? Yes please

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fans posted:

The Drakefires are completely pimp. Witch Hunter pistols crossed with the Shotgun from the Beam Staff? Yes please

holy lol you carried that team of bads hahahahaha

how does a witcher hunter even kill that little of rats

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
He was using the crossbow and Sniping Specials. Did a really good job of it too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The basic gameplay in this is so fun, you swing this giant hammer and it goes CHUNK and recoils off of a rat's now-shattered head and you think "WOAH! That rat just died!!"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The basic gameplay in this is so fun, you swing this giant hammer and it goes CHUNK and recoils off of a rat's now-shattered head and you think "WOAH! That rat just died!!"

i was worried i might get sick of always seeing the same two or three skaven death animations with my greataxe

i was wrong to worry

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

i finally got a 2h hammer for my dorf

it's pretty :coal:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Snatch Duster posted:

IDK, maybe if you payed attention while playing the game? I assume you've played more than 10 hours bruh

Pretty sure tomes have 5. Sigmar protects!

willus posted:

i was worried i might get sick of always seeing the same two or three skaven death animations with my greataxe

i was wrong to worry

Yeah, this is true. Murder time is fun time.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Fans posted:

oh, that's pretty good, I guess.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
It's happening, guys! Pubbie runs are now smoother than my bot runs!

It's happening!

Pubbies never change. The AI shits itself as soon as it sees a ratling gunner now. :suicide:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xthetenth posted:

Pretty sure tomes have 5. Sigmar protects!

5 stamina or 5 shields? Cuz 5 stamina would be 2 full shields and 1 broken shield.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Sigh. Five attempts on Nightmare Waterfront, three of which ended in a wipe to the rat ogre at the end... or more specifically, to the specials that spawned during the rat ogre that promptly wrecked us from behind. The last time I was even specifically watching for specials and small fry going for flanks, and got a couple specials and probably a dozen rats. Not quite enough.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I keep missing rapiers by 1 die and I'm starting to feel salty about it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When is this out on PS4

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I got the blue rapier earlier today to complement my orange pistols. It's nice having something that actually has a multiple-target attack (I'm coming from a blue axe) but it takes 4 hits to kill a normal rat on Nightmare. Honestly, I'd trade it for a blue 2H sword any day.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Elpato posted:

It's happening, guys! Pubbie runs are now smoother than my bot runs!

It's happening!

Pubbies never change. The AI shits itself as soon as it sees a ratling gunner now. :suicide:

The AI and ratling gunners are the #1 problem I have with them. They stop doing everything and just hide. SO if you go down with 3 bots they just hdie behind a pillar even if the ratlinggun is a mile away and stand there.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Night10194 posted:

Keep the faith, I got the first one I had since I melted my starter one in beta three days ago and it has health regen on hit with a good proc chance.

Snatch Duster posted:

5 stamina or 5 shields? Cuz 5 stamina would be 2 full shields and 1 broken shield.

Shields. It looks like it's something far weirder though. I thought that because I run a sword and shield. When I tried to block with a potion (only push, no block, 2 shields) and went back to the tome it only had two shields. I have no idea what's up with that.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Got my first orange Rapier by combining 5 blue ones!

Please rate it:

5.5% chance on kill to get 10% health back.
4% chance on normal hit to get 30% attack speed for 5 seconds.
25% chance on push to not cost any stamina.

Personally I think it's quite shite.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
attack speed up is cool and bloodlust is always welcome, even if it's not a glorious 10% chance to proc weapon

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Gridlocked posted:

Got my first orange Rapier by combining 5 blue ones!

gently caress you for getting any rapiers at all. I can't even get whites to start on a 125 strong refinement chain.:shepicide:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tiler Kiwi posted:

attack speed up is cool and bloodlust is always welcome, even if it's not a glorious 10% chance to proc weapon

And in a miracle Pubbie Run (and one dice short of Hat :() I just got an Orange Repeater for WH with Bloodlust, Knockback and Hail of Doom.

Worth using materials on or stick to by Recovery/Skullcracker Blue Pistols?

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 6, 2015

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

TaurusTorus posted:

gently caress you for getting any rapiers at all. I can't even get whites to start on a 125 strong refinement chain.:shepicide:
I rolled a green Handgun for the soldier to finally have a non-white one at the exact time I also levelled up and got the scripted green handgun. Neither had -reload speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

And in a miracle Pubbie Run (and one dice short of Hat :() I just got an Orange Repeater for WH with Bloodlust, Knockback and Hail of Doom.

Worth using materials on or stick to by Recovery/Skullcracker Blue Pistols?

bloodlust is always worth trying to get. idk how good the other things are on a repeater, but knockback at least seems like a fun thing on it.

I got 10% chance to heal 10% health on kill on a blue great hammer for the soldier and even though I've got some oranges for him, I can't let it go. Never having to heal is really too useful. Combined with my orange blunderbuss, I don't think I'm bound to get much better swag for the dude for a long while.

e: I also have trinkets that give me faster revives that can't be interrupted. Pretty goddamn useful as well; it pains me when I go down and nobody can save me since they lack such broken trinkets.

• Locked thread