Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Lassitude posted:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...xual-misconduct

So uh apparently dudes in the CF are laughing in the face of Op Honour. Wow this is no laughing matters guys. No really we're a loving disgrace, but at the same time the idea of legislating a change in culture from the top down is absurd. Maybe in 50 years when everyone in the CF is loving dead we'll get a military that isn't super into rape and hating on the gays, until then we ought to keep electing Trudeaus so as to stay out of any engagements where our revolting personnel may come into contact with a human being in possession of dignity.

How many times do I have to say it

Charge parade after charge parade after charge parade

You're a cadet at RMC making fun of it? Guess what, you're busted back to first year! Second offence? Goodbye!

You're a CWO with 20 years in? Nope, you're a master jack now!

You're a master jack who just got your CD? Nope, you're a private again!

You're a vet who spouts that poo poo in the mess? You're not welcome anymore, seeya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

You still need senior NCMs to do the reporting and officers to do the charging, which won't happen when they're the ones rolling their eyes and apologizing for having to give the briefing before giving it.

Also it won't happen in Ottawa because nobody gets charged for poo poo here.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

quote:

All RCAF ranks should be birds. Chickadee, (Master) Sparrow, Nightingale, (Master/Chief) Vulture.

I guess officers can be condors, falcons, eagles, stuff like that.

This actually made me laugh out loud. Promote this man.

The sexist culture in the army is never going to change. Neither is being racist, or english and french people hating each other. If it does I'll pose naked on parliament hill with a sign saying I'm an Idiot and change is possible.

Samu fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 29, 2015

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Oh, it can change. It just takes what seems to be severely lacking in the senior leadership, which is testicular fortitude.

Sexual harassment in the military should be treated just like sexual harassment in the workplace, with the same ramifications but that won't happen because reasons.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
--

Melian Dialogue fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 7, 2016

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Holy gently caress the new MND is...a veteran!

With tours in Bosnia AND Afghanistan!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pretty sweet that he rocked his turban too.

Apparently he was one of the better INT Officers too.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST

Frosted Flake posted:

Pretty sweet that he rocked his turban too.

Apparently he was one of the better INT Officers too.

I thought he was an armoured recce guy? Wasn't he the CO of the BCR Regiment at one time, or am I thinking of someone else?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dunno, from CTV.

quote:

Sajjan and his family immigrated to Canada from India when he was five years old, and he grew up in South Vancouver. The former police detective and highly decorated lieutenant-colonel has served three tours in Afghanistan and one in Bosnia. Brigadier-General David Fraser once said that Sajjan was “the best single Canadian intelligence asset in theatre” and “single-handedly changed the face of intelligence gathering and analysis in Afghanistan.” Harjit served 11 years with the Vancouver Police Department, most recently specializing in gang violence.

Sajjan was the first Canadian Sikh to command a Canadian military regiment.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Looks like a good pick. Hope he does well. Got to be a weird feeling to suddenly be (effectively) promoted about 6 ranks overnight.

Commander Jebus fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 4, 2015

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

If he's a Reservist maybe something with actually get done about the problems that have popped up since the Afghanistan Gravy Train stopped.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
He wasn't INT by trade - he filled an INT liaison spot IIRC, but apparently he did a pretty standup job.

Of course this is officers saying another officer did a great job so take that for what it's worth.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

If he's a Reservist maybe something with actually get done about the problems that have popped up since the Afghanistan Gravy Train stopped.

Sorry guy, but I hope he sorts out the reg force first.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Here's a CBC bio on him from 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhW24MqDGTU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

stevobob fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 16, 2017

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

stevobob posted:

We just received an email from an unnamed CWO that an unnamed SNCM had made derogatory comments on Facebook towards the new MND. On Facebook. With his real name. The email warned us against such conduct. :thudfuck:

He shouldn't have sent a warning and let natural selection take its course

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!
Would that be the Canadian Forces Chief Warrant officer, in an email in which he uses the word "pissed"?

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

compressioncut posted:

Would that be the Canadian Forces Chief Warrant officer, in an email in which he uses the word "pissed"?

If you have such an email, please post it.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

MohawkSatan posted:

If you have such an email, please post it.

Too many layers of copy pasting to get it here. I'm sure most reg force (at least) members will have a copy by tomorrow.

I'm looking for a screenshot of the offending FB post, haven't seen poo poo.

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
3 tours and 10 years later good-byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

If you're not living in the shacks, live in Batawa or Frankford. It's acceptably nice there.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....
Is Cold Lake really that bad? Isn't there outdoorsy stuff to do, at least?

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

/

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

stevobob posted:

I'll be posted to CFB Trenton upon completion of my AVS QL3. Much better than Cold Lake!

Weather-wise sure. The local community is worse than cold lake because there's no oil money, so there's more poor white trash. I saw a dude on a mobility scooter being warned by a Tim Horton's manager that if he came on the property she'd call the cops. This was in the middle of the day. Not too common, but common enough in the shittier parts of Trenton(read: most of it). And today there was a drunk dude in Pizza Pizza yelling about how he had to knock out his best friend today because the guy was talking about loving his girlfriend in high school, this was at 7 pm. Trenton is a beautiful shithole. The city is working pretty hard at cleaning it up, but no avail because the only jobs around here are like 12/hr poo poo jobs. There's also a cardboard factory on the waterfront and it emits a horrible smell most of the time. A couple weeks back there was somebody going around the PMQs slashing tires.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yeah the main downside of the Qs in Trenton is how they're a less lovely enclave inside a very lovely town that needs to be autoclaved. My theory is that you get a small amount of money when they let you out of jail in Kingston, and Trenton is as far as that money will take you.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nail on the head. Also I'd avoid tattoo parlours in the Quinte West area altogether. A lot of scratchers. I have a buddy who started out in the only(at the time) tattoo parlour in Trenton and they were using a toaster oven as an autoclave. And I know the guy who ran that shop(which was later shut down) had a hand in opening up 2 of the other shops in Trenton and one of them was burned down in a blaze of arson glory in late August/early September.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Oh god I had a hard enough time putting the things I found in Quinte Waste in my mouth, never mind the thought of actual things going into my skin. gently caress that plan most ferociously and twice on Sundays. I'd sooner go to Ruanne's without gloves.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

stevobob posted:

Well heck you guys sounds like I'm in for a good time

I was saving this little fact for when you were properly depressed about Trenton. There's a little take out place just north of the fire hall called Nova Deli. Best donairs outside of Atlantic Canada. And certainly better than any you can find in the Fredricton area.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hey at least your tinder is gonna light up like crazy as soon as you expand the search range to include Belleville and Picton.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Never date north of seven.

If she wants to go to Little Ts, go.
If she wants to go to Matt & Joes, card her, then go.
If she wants to go to Ruanne's, go back to Fredericton.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

If she wants to go to Matt & Joes, card her, then go.

If she wants to go to Matt & Joe's, do it immediately. It means she has a time machine.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Oh :(

That place was all kinds of entertaining.

What was the name of that janky hotel downtown that shared its first floor with the rippers?

e: The Sherwood Forest Inn. Yikes.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 6, 2015

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

flakeloaf posted:

Oh :(

That place was all kinds of entertaining.

What was the name of that janky hotel downtown that shared its first floor with the rippers?

The Sherwood Inn. Which also burned down. I saw a black dancer there and they kept the lights so low in there that you could barely make out the dancer and really only her underwear were visible because of all of the black lights they had in there.

Edit: the upstairs, according to a friend who used to bounce there, was used for (surprise surprise) prostitution and drug deals!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Still better than that ripper's in Owen sound that had the one-legged dancer

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

Still better than that ripper's in Owen sound that had the one-legged dancer

That actually sounds like it would be a good show tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

That actually sounds like it would be a good show tbqh

if by 'good' you of course mean 'haunts your dream for decades'

then yes.