Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if the bills dont play with red helmets im gonna fuckin lose it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if the bills dont play with red helmets im gonna fuckin lose it

The NFL banned alternate helmets

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Gotta have some reason to watch Thursday night football because it certainly isn't for the quality of play.

Those alts do sound/look cool in the teasers at least. And I love color on color, we don't watch black and white TV anymore there is really no reason to not play every game color on color provided they aren't overly similar.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

The NFL banned alternate helmets

all nfl decision makers must hang

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The rain-darkened Texas jerseys looked fantastic last weekend, this is what they should always look like:

vs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
why does the helmet actually match the wet ones way better than the regular color? that's dumb.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

shiksa posted:

why does the helmet actually match the wet ones way better than the regular color? that's dumb.

contrast makes the white pop more imo

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

shiksa posted:

The helmet logos have been messed up for years. For the longest time we had the chocolate brown ones you see in the lower picture, which drove me crazy. Then midseason last year we changed to metallic ones as seen up top. I'd prefer a non-metallic burnt orange one, but the current ones are at least better than the brown. In no way is that a shade of orange.

But yeah if they burnt the jerseys a bit more I'd prefer that. Wouldn't mind a more cream colored white, either. Closer to the actual colors of a Longhorn.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Thermos H Christ posted:

The helmet logos have been messed up for years. For the longest time we had the chocolate brown ones you see in the lower picture, which drove me crazy. Then midseason last year we changed to metallic ones as seen up top. I'd prefer a non-metallic burnt orange one, but the current ones are at least better than the brown. In no way is that a shade of orange.

But yeah if they burnt the jerseys a bit more I'd prefer that. Wouldn't mind a more cream colored white, either. Closer to the actual colors of a Longhorn.

Can we go back to the numbers on the helmet too. Tia~

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Crossposting, since this is probably the better topic for it:

WHOOPS posted:

So apparently if a player needs a replacement jersey during the season, they have to pay for it.

Not sure if it's a Vikings thing or an NFL thing but just seems odd they'd actually charge players.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

WHOOPS posted:

So apparently if a player needs a replacement jersey during the season, they have to pay for it.

quote:

The hobby can be costly for some. Players get to keep the jersey with which they opened the season, but have to pay for their replacements. A few players estimated they've paid a few hundred dollars over the years. Floyd, perhaps the biggest serial swapper on the team, doesn't ask how much he owes: "I told D-Ryan, if it pops up, it pops up on my paystub."

Not sure if it's a Vikings thing or an NFL thing but just seems odd they'd actually charge players.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

squarerandom posted:

Can we go back to the numbers on the helmet too. Tia~

gently caress no

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WHOOPS posted:

The NFL needs to be destroyed. Everything about it is the worst possible thing, no matter what it is.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Neodoomium posted:

The NFL needs to be destroyed. Everything about it is the worst possible thing, no matter what it is.

Nah, football is cool and good

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

warcrimes posted:

Nah, football is cool and good

I said the NFL, which ruins everything cool and good about football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Neodoomium posted:

I said the NFL, which ruins everything cool and good about football

Maybe you'd feel better if your owner didn't have the midas touch of poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If I'm understanding that ad right we're getting color-on-color games for Thursday Night Football, which I am all for

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

If I'm understanding that ad right we're getting color-on-color games for Thursday Night Football, which I am all for

I think they prefer African-American

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

I think they prefer African-American

He's from Carolina, colored is the most politically correct nomenclature he can use

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Walking into Wembley seeing every single teams jersey worn by 90,000 people was something to be soon

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fluo posted:

Walking into Wembley seeing every single teams jersey worn by 90,000 people was something to be soon

So much for protecting this house! :argh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Fluo posted:

It's neat how the crowd at wembly has changed over the years. It still sounds different than an American crowd but now they cheer at appropriate times.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fluo posted:

You saw a Titans jersey :vince:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It still weirds me out that the most popular teams in the UK are the Patriots (for obvious reasons) and the Jags just because they played a bunch of games here.

The Giants have a pretty big following here too, because Channel 4 here used to show one game a week in the 80s, and they seemed to favour the Giants games.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KettleWL posted:

He's from Carolina, colored is the most politically correct nomenclature he can use

:hfive:
That was going to be my followup if you hadn't hit it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KettleWL posted:

Chichevache posted:

:hfive:
That was going to be my followup if you hadn't hit it.

jokes on you guys, I'm from New Jersey :smuggo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Alaois posted:

jokes on you guys, I'm from New Jersey :smuggo:

Actually that just means the joke is on you

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NDSU getting a special helmet for the "Harvest Bowl":

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Apparently Miami is dressing up as Louisville for their military appreciation day.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seriously, if there wasn't a logo and "CANES" on the jersey, I'd have sworn that was a Louisville alt :stare:

Also holy poo poo Adidas just loving stop.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I want some random team to crack a FILA jersey deal, just to see what they produce

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

I want some random team to crack a FILA jersey deal, just to see what they produce

I'd be down with this

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Alaois posted:

It's a shame Umbro probably couldn't keep up with demand, I'd love to see their takes on American Football, their soccer shirts are normally great.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Miami deserves those uniforms, it's not like their program resembles what they used to be anymore anyway.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Alaois posted:

About that...

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
According to the article linked earlier the color clash TNF games don't start until week 10 apparently.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Hockles posted:

About that...

Do they do this every week?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

WHOOPS posted:

Do they do this every week?

This is the 2nd week for that style of picture. Before that, it was similar, but animated. Kind of like on a team's Wikipedia page. They've been releasing the jersey scheme each week on social media all season. I like the idea.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bills red jerseys revealed

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/11/5/9678862/look-all-red-unis-revealed?_ga=1.131657478.848247182.1436490812

ugh. would look 1,000,000 times better with the red helmets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I agree, but they can only use 1 helmet, per concussion protocol

• Locked thread