Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

man, remember when SMBC was single panel and also funny and not just a XKCD with color?

VVVVV idgi

Comptroll The Forums has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Today's SMBC

Seems okay to me :shrug:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Minarch posted:

man, remember when SMBC was single panel and also funny and not just a XKCD with color?

VVVVV idgi

The guy's style of joke-telling has changed a lot, earlier on he relied way more on words at the bottom of his comics, such as the one I posted. His artistic style has also changed, of course. I don't think he's gotten especially worse. Also mad respect for just the sheer output. You update daily for years and years and years, they're not all going to be great. SMBC is still good for a chuckle.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
no, I still really don't get it. the hell is that gray box, some kinda cow tool?

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Agent355 posted:

Today's SMBC

Where's her (?) god drat eyes :cry:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Its a literal game changer. Changes other games into checkers

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

E nm

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Have some more SMBC from 2006/7:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

spit it out

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

cheerfullydrab posted:

Have some more SMBC from 2006/7:

Has that artist ever seen a gun or even a picture of a gun before?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Agent355 posted:

Today's SMBC

What.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

:itisabadpun:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hahaha that's awesome

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

37 pages and finally a funny comic

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

p good

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Krowley posted:

Where's her (?) god drat eyes :cry:

If the cartoonist is that bad and still attempts to draw humans, that's egg on their face.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
At least I think it's egg. It's difficult to tell with the poor sketching.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

cheerfullydrab posted:

The guy's style of joke-telling has changed a lot, earlier on he relied way more on words at the bottom of his comics, such as the one I posted. His artistic style has also changed, of course. I don't think he's gotten especially worse. Also mad respect for just the sheer output. You update daily for years and years and years, they're not all going to be great. SMBC is still good for a chuckle.

when he doesn't write 40 panel bad scifi, sure

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Agent355 posted:

Today's SMBC

Can someone explain this to me as if I were retarded? She's holding up a gray box with a slot in it, that "changes games into checkers". Is the gray box a shredder, that's slicing all the pieces of a board game into checker-shaped discs? In what way does the gray box change a game into checkers?

edit: Oh, wait.. is the joke that she is saying "gamechanger" which means 2 things? That's really weak and confusing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Quad posted:

Can someone explain this to me as if I were retarded? She's holding up a gray box with a slot in it, that "changes games into checkers". Is the gray box a shredder, that's slicing all the pieces of a board game into checker-shaped discs? In what way does the gray box change a game into checkers?
I think they're supposed to be tools a cow might use if a cow used tools.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It's a magical machine that changes games to checkers. It's a game changing machine. It's a game changer. It is a pun.

Goons are bad at jokes.

I mean it's not a particularly great joke but it's a pretty straightforward one :shrug:

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
See if you brainiacs can figure out the clever pun in this one:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Spermjacking is a serious issue and I don't appreciate that Henk is making light of it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

A Classy Ghost posted:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/k4XPKED.jpg :nws:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Who punched all their face in?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Karate Bastard posted:

Who punched all their face in?

Uh, Osamu Tezuka to start.

KoB
May 1, 2009

A Classy Ghost posted:

I appreciate the fat as gently caress dude still having some sweet pecs.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You can read that comic starting at any panel and it still makes as much sense as the 'intended' way

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Actually I just realized it makes most sense backwards check it out

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

can anybody figure this out i am really curious what the gently caress the author is trying to convey here

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
or is it a cow tools

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

im full of poo poo posted:

can anybody figure this out i am really curious what the gently caress the author is trying to convey here
basically "mouse tools"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Huh I have a whole book of Caldwell and they're mostly just "lmao cripples" because he broke his neck as a teen and draws with his mouth so he gets to do that, but this one is a whole nother level.

Is there like a bon mot or something that goes "you can stuff a vagina with chocolates as long as the woman does not call the cops"?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Huh I have a whole book of Caldwell and they're mostly just "lmao cripples" because he broke his neck as a teen and draws with his mouth so he gets to do that, but this one is a whole nother level.

Is there like a bon mot or something that goes "you can stuff a vagina with chocolates as long as the woman does not call the cops"?

I've had that in a photocopied collection of tasteless cartoons for several decades now and it's always a total mystery to everyone who sees it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

This. This made me laugh. I think it's the bartender's expression that sells it.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Actually I just realized it makes most sense backwards check it out

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

TheFallenEvincar posted: