Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
CoD Poutine Camo :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alright I put in my pre-order so I can play tonight, lets see how black these ops get.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

CoD Poutine Camo :canada:

Would be pretty cool. Maybe some lumberjack themed stuff, or log cabins and poo poo. An artistic representation of bilingualism or politeness.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would buy the kitten camo again.

I would also buy a stand alone Extinction game.

I would also buy anime call of duty if they made it

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

penis bandana posted:

Would be pretty cool. Maybe some lumberjack themed stuff, or log cabins and poo poo. An artistic representation of bilingualism or politeness.

NAFTA camo

Keystone XL Pipeline camo

Moose shaking hands with Elk camo

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

NAFTA camo

Keystone XL Pipeline camo

Moose shaking hands with Elk camo

A Canadarm non-lethal killstreak

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Preloaded, I am ready to shoot internet mans :hellyeah:

ALso just heard of Paintjobs - is this like an Emblem editor but for guns? Can I make a big veiny cock gun? (not gay)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wasn't going to buy this CoD after not being terribly impressed by the multiplayer beta, but then I watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look for this one earlier and it looks absolutely insane how much dumb fun stuff is in this game. So wouldn't you know it, I pre-ordered it on PS4 for some hot Nuketown action and to play the completely ridiculous-looking campaign :shepface:

It's downloading now on my system. Maybe I'll get to play with some of you goons. I don't have a headset at the moment, but I was gonna get one for Battlefront in a couple weeks anyway.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Double XP is for zombies I think.

I was just going to post it in the thread anyways. Code Red makes a half decent tequila mixer with lime, but no code/CoD logo: no purchase!

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Here's a fairly dumb launch error to look out for that may or may not effect your American copies when they go live.

I couldn't get the game to connect to online servers, I just kept getting some weird "A.B.C..." error code and getting kicked back to local play only.

It turns out that when you load the title screen you need to wait to press X to start until some random time when the version number in the top right corner of the screen changes from "33.0.0.0" to something higher (mine is currently 33.1.9.1). However the game gives you no indication that you need to wait or that it's updating, and if you just press X like it tells you to you'll get the error every time and get booted out to local only.

There's a reddit thread about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3roxi9/error_code_abcfgknqsx/

The fun part is that you need to wait for it to happen every time you relaunch the game - like it doesn't stay updated, it reverts to 33.0.0.0 every time you launch it. It also takes a random amount of time to do its thing in the background... sometimes it's like 5 or 10 seconds, sometimes over a minute.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Someone will have to plow through the campaign tomorrow so you can tell me if it is fun or if it is going to end up an overhyped mess with an almost interesting ending that is completely obliterated by an after credits Avenged Sevenfold concert

I'm thinking of a different game

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Someone will have to plow through the campaign tomorrow so you can tell me if it is fun or if it is going to end up an overhyped mess with an almost interesting ending that is completely obliterated by an after credits Avenged Sevenfold concert

I'm thinking of a different game

I'm pretty sure you're on track.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

monkeu posted:

Here's a fairly dumb launch error to look out for that may or may not effect your American copies when they go live.

I couldn't get the game to connect to online servers, I just kept getting some weird "A.B.C..." error code and getting kicked back to local play only.

It turns out that when you load the title screen you need to wait to press X to start until some random time when the version number in the top right corner of the screen changes from "33.0.0.0" to something higher (mine is currently 33.1.9.1). However the game gives you no indication that you need to wait or that it's updating, and if you just press X like it tells you to you'll get the error every time and get booted out to local only.

There's a reddit thread about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackops3/comments/3roxi9/error_code_abcfgknqsx/

The fun part is that you need to wait for it to happen every time you relaunch the game - like it doesn't stay updated, it reverts to 33.0.0.0 every time you launch it. It also takes a random amount of time to do its thing in the background... sometimes it's like 5 or 10 seconds, sometimes over a minute.

Is Blops 3 any good? I hated AW and I didn't really like the BO3 Beta. I'm in 2 minds about buying this.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Is Blops 3 any good? I hated AW and I didn't really like the BO3 Beta. I'm in 2 minds about buying this.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet - by the time I figured out why I couldn't connect online real life stuff called. I bought it purely for splitscreen so hopefully it will be fun for that.

edit: though I'd guess if you didn't like the beta you probably wouldn't like the full thing?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
blops 2 campaign owned gently caress the haters

:qq: a bloo bloo bloo why is some lovely rock band in post-credits joke sequence why isn't my shootmans game taking itself completely seriously:qq:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Blops has always had my favorite campaigns and watching the giant bomb quicklook of this one I'm looking forward to them going full stupid with this one. CoD is real dumb and should be encouraged to be real dumb because that's fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

monkeu posted:

edit: though I'd guess if you didn't like the beta you probably wouldn't like the full thing?

Yeah I guess I was hoping the full thing was an improvement. The Beta felt like a laggy janky mess where everyone was using the same gun.

I mean, that kind of sounds like every CoD ever but I really enjoyed most of the previous CoD games (not AW though, that was really bad).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I ordered a physical copy that won't be delivered until tomorrow and I work until 5 so I'll be on after that to shoot mans. Also I have to get up early Saturday so I can't stay up all night :smith: Hopefully y'all wont be on prestige 3 by that point.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

1stGear posted:

:qq: a bloo bloo bloo why is some lovely rock band in post-credits joke sequence why isn't my shootmans game taking itself completely seriously:qq:

:agreed:

Nothing like shooting rockets at helicopters from horse back.

Those mini game missions where pretty poo poo though

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

1stGear posted:

Man I was almost impressed by BLOPS2 doing something cool and making actual commentary on some issue but wait never mind let's do a retarded cash grab instead

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

what time will I be able to play if I'm cst

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I'm streaming a cod game

http://www.twitch.com/christhemute

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I was gonna go to bed but gently caress it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SubponticatePoster posted:

I ordered a physical copy that won't be delivered until tomorrow and I work until 5 so I'll be on after that to shoot mans. Also I have to get up early Saturday so I can't stay up all night :smith: Hopefully y'all wont be on prestige 3 by that point.

If it helps I'm gonna be incredibly slow and casual so at least you'll always have one poster itt who's still farting through the low side of things.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zaphod42 posted:

On PC you can use keyboard & mouse (without a XIM) and you can get it on GMG for $40.

Get it on PS4 if you really want.

Never get anything on X1 because its X1.

Also the PC version is getting custom mod/map tools later next year so that might give it a little more staying power than PC versions of CoD games usually have.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

GET MY BELT SON posted:

what time will I be able to play if I'm cst

An hour after I start, so close to two and-a-half hours.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: not living in EST.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ok just bought the digital deluxe edition because that's why. ready to blap with you folks. changed back to my old gt btw so yea

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How many of you are going to be playing SW:BF3 as well later this month? I'm probably buying both even though I'm way more hyped for BF3 and I'm worried the fps overload will make me forget about BO3 after a while. Help.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

watching you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kilometers Davis posted:

How many of you are going to be playing SW:BF3 as well later this month? I'm probably buying both even though I'm way more hyped for BF3 and I'm worried the fps overload will make me forget about BO3 after a while. Help.

This is bullets and robots, BF3 is lasers and spaceships, it's gonna be fine.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Javes just let me know that I posted the wrong link.

Rip

https://www.twitch.tv/christhemute

Streaming a mediocre game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
PC Trip Report after 3 hours of multiplayer:

Game owns, runs way better than Beta did. LMGs are goddamn murder cannons and I love them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

Me! Somehow I'm going to have to find a way to give enough time to this, Battlefront and Fallout all within the month.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Me! Somehow I'm going to have to find a way to give enough time to this, Battlefront and Fallout all within the month.

This is me exactly. It's going to be a very nerdy sad perfect November with 90% less going outside away from my huge pile of video games. Life's good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

AirRaid posted:

PC Trip Report after 3 hours of multiplayer:

Game owns, runs way better than Beta did. LMGs are goddamn murder cannons and I love them.

Don't play with me

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AirRaid posted:

This sounds like extremely my poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is me exactly. It's going to be a very nerdy sad perfect November with 90% less going outside away from my huge pile of video games. Life's good.
For real. I'll probably save a lot of money because instead of going out, I'll just be at home playing video games all month.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RBX posted:

Don't play with me

Seriously. The default LMG in the beta was BLOPS 2 LSAT good.

Get a stock though. ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

BLOPS 2 LSAT good.

:eyepop:

• Locked thread