Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

SaltLick posted:

What's the deal with bogan

Isn't it somethig australian?

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syncopated posted:

Isn't it somethig australian?

It's another word for Australian. :v:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In hindsight it's incredibly lol that the emperor was killed by being picked up and dropped over a railing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It's almost a running joke in the original trilogy that every building would be an OSHA nightmare. Obiwan deactivates the Death Star tractor beam, not a railing in sight (not to mention Luke and Leia's rope swing to safety). Vader and Luke's Bespin lightsaber fight, and then the Emperor going over a railing.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like the guy casually standing next to the death star beam.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

the darth vader comic is terrible. first it's the waifu but now there's an ~evil~ c3po and r2d2 running around.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The best "evil" c3p0 is c3px

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Like, I can see the humor in a maudlin assassin droid and all but this is p terrible. I just got to the issue with space whales. E: holy poo poo this has a cloned jedi facility too. At least it's a number designation instead of joruuuus cbath.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 5, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i can just imagine in 20 years, they start making episodes 10-12 and they have to declare that this EU is noncanon too but they're still making another and the audience of these movies are young enough that they've grown up with this EU and get upset that they aren't canon, but not only that but this cycle starts happening EVERY 20 years of trashing the last EU, getting a new one, and no one learning anything

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
bogans are roughly australia's equivalent of hicks or rednecks

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Acne Rain posted:

i can just imagine in 20 years, they start making episodes 10-12 and they have to declare that this EU is noncanon too but they're still making another and the audience of these movies are young enough that they've grown up with this EU and get upset that they aren't canon, but not only that but this cycle starts happening EVERY 20 years of trashing the last EU, getting a new one, and no one learning anything

here's a little thing about how star wars is immortal http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/10/how-star-wars-ends/

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lol if you think it will take 20 years for that to happen.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i was just talking with some friends about the new star wars film and had a sudden realisation. if we go by what are apparently the galactic standard naming conventions for clones in the star wars universe, perhaps finn is a clone of a jedi named fin!?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

willus posted:

i was just talking with some friends about the new star wars film and had a sudden realisation. if we go by what are apparently the galactic standard naming conventions for clones in the star wars universe, perhaps finn is a clone of a jedi named fin!?

No of course not if he was a clone of Fin he would be named Fiin. He is obviously a clone of Fnn

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

obv at the end of ep3 vader is calling out for the 67th clone of No

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i got a new favorite star wars character

Serji-X Arrogantus

space motorcycle racer who gets in a gun fight with han solo after he kidnaps a space farm girl he wants to gently caress. he was given the nickname "the arrogant one" because he was arrogant. im guessing the last name was a craaazy coincidence.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

shiksa posted:

Serji-X Arrogantus

space motorcycle racer who gets in a gun fight with han solo after he kidnaps a space farm girl he wants to gently caress. he was given the nickname "the arrogant one" because he was arrogant. im guessing the last name was a craaazy coincidence.

Did he have a dog side kick? Follow up question: How wacky were these space motorcycle races?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

shiksa posted:

Serji-X Arrogantus

Is that pronounced Serjix?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't know if this is awesome or not.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gonna go with "not" on this one.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

it sucks

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey guys a derivative work of General loving Grievous good or bad?

Did we want a fresh spin on original and exciting character General Grievous?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm incredibly disappointed that wasn't just a contrived buildup to a bad "it's a trap" reference.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tender Bender posted:

I'm incredibly disappointed that wasn't just a contrived buildup to a bad "it's a trap" reference.

Exactly. Why did the bad comic series have to be the ongoing one? Though maybe the reason why Lando and Leia were good was cuz they were only 5 issues and actually had to wrap up the whole arc in it. Lando is especially good cuz you get to see what happens to Lobot.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJkxEVENPI

Star Wars has a weird thing going where like only 1 in 500 fanfilms are good, but the ones that are good are always really fun (And never feature jedi)

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJkxEVENPI

Star Wars has a weird thing going where like only 1 in 500 fanfilms are good, but the ones that are good are always really fun (And never feature jedi)

They just don't know when to shut the hell up. It feels more like something from 40k likely due to the overt heavy propaganda tone.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Chill la Chill posted:

Exactly. Why did the bad comic series have to be the ongoing one? Though maybe the reason why Lando and Leia were good was cuz they were only 5 issues and actually had to wrap up the whole arc in it. Lando is especially good cuz you get to see what happens to Lobot.
Well what happens to him?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The whole cyborg thing in the Vader comic is the stupidest goddamn thing in the new EU. It's old EU as gently caress.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

oohhboy posted:

They just don't know when to shut the hell up. It feels more like something from 40k likely due to the overt heavy propaganda tone.

Part 2 is way more 40K for sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvubKf3BK04

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Xenomrph posted:

Well what happens to him?

He used to be a good friend with a personality and emotions until the implant took over. It's a great background story as to why he acts like a robot in the movie.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It would have been more entertaining if it was just conventional space-headphones, and he was just constantly zoned out listening to Alderaanian Space-Dubstep all the time

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

Hey guys a derivative work of General loving Grievous good or bad?

Did we want a fresh spin on original and exciting character General Grievous?

Grievous was IMO one of the less retarded prequel characters, though it would have been nice to get even a tiny bit of his backstory so that 90% of the people watching the movie wouldn't be left wondering why cyborg badass guy is wheezing and coughing like a lifelong smoker for no apparent reason

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Grievous was IMO one of the less retarded prequel characters

In narrative role: agreed

In physical form: not agreed

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Xenomrph posted:

It would have been more entertaining if it was just conventional space-headphones, and he was just constantly zoned out listening to Alderaanian Space-Dubstep all the time

Harsh noise, made from the sounds of Alderaan's dying populace.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chomp8645 posted:

In narrative role: agreed

In physical form: not agreed

Grievous looked awesome in motion. They had such a neat concept with him "Turns out some aliens are pretty well equipped to gently caress up jedi, lets motorize him and really wreck their poo poo"

The first Clone Wars cartoon really did a great job selling him as poo poo-your-pants-fearsome to Jedi. Shame Lucas couldn't be bothered to keep that going

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAUiyeJMFQ

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

bb8 warbles :3:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lookit han being all dead and poo poo

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Grievous was IMO one of the less retarded prequel characters, though it would have been nice to get even a tiny bit of his backstory so that 90% of the people watching the movie wouldn't be left wondering why cyborg badass guy is wheezing and coughing like a lifelong smoker for no apparent reason

The clone wars cartoon says he's like that because Mace Windu hosed him up by like force-crushing his armor into his organs, I think? Of course the real, shittier answer is "so he can be like Vader".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Actually the real reason from Lucas himself was "it would be funny if he were a coughing droid, a droid with a cough", and no one stepped in and said "what the gently caress, George, that's pointless and retarded. Go sit in the corner and don't come back until you're ready to make a movie with the adults."

No really, that's the reason he has a cough according to Wookieepedia.

• Locked thread