Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Panniculus Rift posted:

Lol, I just discovered that you can cheese the entire second phase of the mega satan fight by camping in the top right (and presumably also the left) corner. None of his shots hit.

Also, doesn't book of revelations guarantee horsemen anymore? It was my starting item as Eden, and I only fought two horsemen.

You have to actually use it and you can't have a Double Trouble boss or end boss on that floor.

I've gotten it twice now and both times got my horsemen but it's entirely possible it's one of many broken things in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Jibo posted:

You have to actually use it and you can't have a Double Trouble boss or end boss on that floor.

I've gotten it twice now and both times got my horsemen but it's entirely possible it's one of many broken things in this game.

I know in Rebirth the BoR couldn't change the boss room if it was a large room (ie. Double Trouble bosses and Mr. Fred). Maybe it doesn't work on the new small boss rooms either?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Mega Satan is pretty buggy at the moment. Got stuck between spawning stages a couple of times with Lilith (and super powered tears), in the end I had to let my Demon Baby and Guppy Flies do all the damage, tears were too powerful.

ChibiSoma posted:

Y'know, I don't even know why I'm trying to get anything with The Lost done, what with the character select completion icons still being hosed.

It was the initial import that was bugged, you may have to reimport to get it to work properly :negative:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Dark Grapefruit posted:

I know in Rebirth the BoR couldn't change the boss room if it was a large room (ie. Double Trouble bosses and Mr. Fred). Maybe it doesn't work on the new small boss rooms either?

You can get horsemen in small rooms so that'd be, well, pretty typical

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Isaac

Where did you go, Isaac

(Too many pills.)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Book of Revelations seemed to be working just fine for me the last time I got it early, fought four horsemen and didn't build a full meat boy because Conquest is a stupid dickhole.

Thankfully I was able to finally get that cheevo with the 2-pip Friend Box before they balanced that. :haw:

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The I Rule challenge turned out to be simple, enough damage ups on the knife and everything melts. Somehow got sacred heart from an angel room, don't think I've ever got it in a normal run before. Let's the knife twitch towards enemies you've just missed and occasionally hang on them. Didn't have to do the boss rush, but hey got holy mantle from it. Didn't have to do hush, did it anyway for a buncha naff items and because it felt like I should in a challenge called "I rule". Mega Satan's phases between waves lasted a half second.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Playing Lilith in normal mode really feels like a chore after the nerf

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HellCopter posted:

Isaac

Where did you go, Isaac

(Too many pills.)

I spot a single tiny black pixel that I speculate to be Isaac. One makes you smaller, indeed. :v:

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Andrast posted:

But she's balanced for Greed mode now! You give a poo poo about that, right?

I wasn't good with Lilith before, but now I don't even care to try to learn her.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The health scaling on Ultra Greed means that I will literally never play it once I have everything it unlocks.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

AnonSpore posted:

People who have beaten Brains, what kind of loadouts did you have (especially wrt Basement/Cave drops)? This challenge is driving me insane with both its difficulty and its tedium.

You need invulnerability of some sort and more ways to do damage. An orbital like Sacrificial Dagger/Big Fan/Meat Boy/Bandage Girl along with Book of Shadows would set you up right. The Trinity Shield goes a long way if you can find it. I ended up getting a lot of Angel Rooms because I was skipping so many devil deals due to the items not being applicable.

graynull posted:

But she's balanced for Greed mode now! You give a poo poo about that, right?

I wasn't good with Lilith before, but now I don't even care to try to learn her.

A 4 room charge is fine. There are so many loving battery items now that a 2 room charge was pretty broken even outside of Greed Mode. It's the same thing that happened with Krampus' Head. It was mostly nerfed because it was so easy to get battery items that turned it into a really easy I Win button. 4 room charge is still real strong, but you have to think about when you use it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah I gotta say Lilith still feels pretty radical in the regular game to me, I will miss spawning another wave of familiars with each boss rush spawn though, that was hilarious.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I think box of friends should be a 3 room charge. Makes it so 9 volt or AAA battery don't make it every room but 4 seems too much.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The Sacks seem to looooooove having batteries inside. Sack Head + Glitter Bombs should basically be infinite batteries.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So don't do the daily run if Steam is doing maintenance, the game will crash when you try to upload your score. :v:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The best thing about playing Eden is discovering new synergies. I just had a run where his two starting items were Unicorn Stump and Midas Touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

RatHat posted:

So don't do the daily run if Steam is doing maintenance, the game will crash when you try to upload your score. :v:

Was there anything interesting further down in the daily run? I stopped playing in the Depths because the run felt kind of tedious.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Today's Daily was really fun. Dr. Fetus + Fruitcake. One of the treasure rooms has a d6 donation machine that will spawn the Fruitcake.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Jibo posted:

The health scaling on Ultra Greed means that I will literally never play it once I have everything it unlocks.

For what it's worth, there's actually a way to negate it. An intentional method at that.

Midas' Touch will strip it away if you use it on him and let you shred him like a regular enemy. No word on whether that works on Hush.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well the special items list got changed slightly.

Special Item list posted:

Dr. Fetus
The D6
Mom's Knife
Brimstone
Mutant Spider
Epic Fetus
Polyphemus
Sacred Heart
Pyromaniac
Stop Watch
D100
The Ludovico Technique
Godhead

Basically, Lil' Brimstone and Soy Milk are no longer special items. Nothing else was added there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Samuel Clemens posted:

Was there anything interesting further down in the daily run? I stopped playing in the Depths because the run felt kind of tedious.

Nah didn't happen to me, happened to NorthenLion on his November 3rd run.

EDIT:
30:46 in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOprvCugM8

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Andrast posted:

I did Greed mode today as Lilith, apparently it's not so bad there:

It was the head that makes you shoot coins, sad tears, dr fetus, and I think glitter bombs spawning all that crap. I kept getting batteries so...

I eventually spawned so many Incubi that they all disappeared and I couldn't shoot anymore. Also, for those of you who complain about how hard it is to get Meat Boy, with this method I had at least 10 of them overlapping before I ran out of batteries. :v:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

the Orb of Zot posted:

For what it's worth, there's actually a way to negate it. An intentional method at that.

Midas' Touch will strip it away if you use it on him and let you shred him like a regular enemy. No word on whether that works on Hush.

I did not know that but that's pretty cool.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

:shepface:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fun synergy I just found: Tech X and Monstro's Lung. Takes forever to charge (and has no charging animation which is annoying) but you fire a shotgun blast of laser rings that ignore obstructions and just liquifies poo poo.

87k3-YV4X with Eve gave me Tech X on floor one and Monstro's Lung on floor 2 if anyone else wants to try it out. May not work though since I've got piss-all unlocked.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I have 9 lives (one red heart), what happens if I take a devil room deal for a two heart item? I have soul hearts too.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

null posted:

I have 9 lives (one red heart), what happens if I take a devil room deal for a two heart item? I have soul hearts too.

It'll just remove your one red heart without removing a soul heart.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You will survive with only soul hearts, and any devil deals remaining in the room will have their price change from 1 or 2 red hearts to 3 soul hearts.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I broke Pay to Play over my knee with Piggy Bank, Sack Head, Magic Fingers, and Endless Nameless. It duplicated almost every Two of Diamonds, Judgement, and Wheel of Fortune cards I used, and I had at least two more Dollars to pick up before I beat it.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Ok, thanks for the answers people. I'm kicking myself because I picked up 9 Lives from the boss prior to going into the devil room, I could have done multiple deals and then picked it up, oh well.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think the damage for the sword thing you get in the guardian challenge is way higher now, I'd only attempted it like twice but I completed it in my first try post-patch and successfully damage raced red mom.

null posted:

Ok, thanks for the answers people. I'm kicking myself because I picked up 9 Lives from the boss prior to going into the devil room, I could have done multiple deals and then picked it up, oh well.

If it makes you feel any better, it would have killed you in the original game. It was changed either in WotL or Rebirth.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Searched the last couple pages and didn't see it mentioned, Azazel was unintentionally over-nerfed and will be brought up a bit next patch. Lilith's nerf was due to how OP she is in Greed Mode, but Ed is aware that it disproportionately affects her in Hard/Normal mode so he's thinking about an alternative to keep her balanced across the board.

e: Oh and incase people are struggling with it, the chance that your greed mode donation machine will bust is linearly related to the amount you've donated with that character. You can also disable Ultra Greed's dynamic armour by petrifying him with Mom's Contact or Midas Touch, until the status wears off.

Read fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 6, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Someone should be slapped for the Speed! Challenge. It's not interesting. It's literally "restart and hope you get a good item" and "hope you don't get Ragman on B1"

E: Like, I'm venting, but I don't see how this challenge is managable. 16 minutes to get to Mom's heart seems hard even without nigh-unavoidable enemies.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 6, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

null posted:

Yeah, the real trick of Devil Deals is that Satan will gladly only take a fraction of the price if it's all you have. If you're buying multiple things and will have soul hearts to spare, or have a life to burn, grab the most expensive thing last.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

Someone should be slapped for the Speed! Challenge. It's not interesting. It's literally "restart and hope you get a good item" and "hope you don't get Ragman on B1"

E: Like, I'm venting, but I don't see how this challenge is managable. 16 minutes to get to Mom's heart seems hard even without nigh-unavoidable enemies.

I did it my first try by getting poly and holy mantle in an angel room and took my time. So long as I cleared a room fast enough I could switch between them and keep the polaroid proc for the heart. I actually was really confused because it was my first time in the scared womb and was wondering where the heck my mantle proc was going.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Do we have a release date for Afterbirth on PS4 yet?

Since BoI was free on PS+ I've been playing it again and me and the girlfriend are both eagerly awaiting this new DLC.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just got black powder for the first time. It may not be the strongest, but it's definitely the coolest item I've seen yet from this expansion.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Speed challenge has to be the worst idea for a challenge. Just how did they expect you to get through this awful thing?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Big moneys all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Doing some Greed runs and got a God Room with two Angel Chests and two soul hearts behind blue fires. I had no keys or bombs. gently caress you, God!