Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Bruceski posted:

I...wait...you've been leveling your gtathering profession through away missions? Oh man I feel so sorry for you.

I don't think I've been leveling it at all besides right clicking a thing in my stronghold once in a blue moon and creating a few prerequisites for armor schematics I received! gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

I would just save your coins for a sale sometime down the road. And Akk Dogs are 7 million on the GTN right now.

Back up to 8m. Bought me a Dawg!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

If I have a bunch of Cartel Coins from the Amazon bundle and I'm a new player, are there any particularly stand out must-buys on the Market?

The 6 minute cooldown reduction on your fast travel is absolutely mandatory.

edit: Whoops, I just quoted something from two pages ago.

Anyway, for those on the fence or whatever: subscribing and buying the three upgrades gives you zero cooldown Quick Travel. It's really good.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Is there a goon guild playing on EU servers as well? This information is vital since I'm considering coming back, and I couldn't find it in the OP.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Any chance on a SM raid tonight? I'd volunteer to put it together.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Iron Tusk posted:

Any chance on a SM raid tonight? I'd volunteer to put it together.

I won't be on but there's usually plenty of interest.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I should be at level 65 tonight. What gear level should I be at to participate in a raid? Also, any chance someone could hold a babby's first raid event or something similar? I would like to tank with my jugg, but have literally no idea what I am doing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bait and Swatch posted:

I should be at level 65 tonight. What gear level should I be at to participate in a raid? Also, any chance someone could hold a babby's first raid event or something similar? I would like to tank with my jugg, but have literally no idea what I am doing.

For Story mode raiding gear is irrelevant. As long as you're at least level 50 you can participate thanks to bolster.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I have 2585 cartel coins solely from having my security token from not playing. Is there anything on the cartel market I can flip? :D

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ZenVulgarity posted:

But a million credits is $3

What do you mean?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The worse bug I've encountered is that every half hour or so the game lags out, freezes, and crashes. This has literally never happened before in the many years I've been playing this, so something is definitely amiss.

I'm suddenly getting crashes as well, when before I had none.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Berke Negri posted:

What do you mean?

It's what the credit sellers are advertising in zone chat.

I've been playing this game a day and a half and I've already picked that one up. :v:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Talos, I'm not quite sure if that's....

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey guys, I guess the dark side choice on Boarding Party isn't that dark after all. I tried to revive Captain Yelto.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If you use the human racial "rally" ability near NPC's who "died" in a flashpoint they will often get up and cheer before collapsing again. My friends and I used to do this over and over when we ran Black Talon. It pretty much never gets old.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If you use the human racial "rally" ability near NPC's who "died" in a flashpoint they will often get up and cheer before collapsing again. My friends and I used to do this over and over when we ran Black Talon. It pretty much never gets old.

Hahaha that's awesome. Just like using the Galactic Party Bomb during cut scenes never gets old.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

You know what would be cool? A "teleport to random heroic" ability. Having the big console on the fleet with a list of all of them is an excellent thing, but I'd love it if there were just a "heroic roulette" type option for when you know you want to grind heroics but you don't feel like choosing one specifically.

You know, if you could just press it again if you drew one you didn't feel like doing

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Right, so, ever since the chanlon and Plasteel went the way of the dodo my old money making ways are gone. How do I make money now, in a way that won't involve using Buttcoins?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are any of the Sith Assassin disciplines better or worse than the others?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I've had nothing but problems with TOR today, but I've narrowed down my crash to desktop.

It happens when I mouseover icons on the world map. I tried some tips I found through searching like deleting the bitraider folder, and the diskcachearena file, but it's still happening.

So, if anyone has encountered this and knows a fix, let me know.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Siegkrow posted:

Right, so, ever since the chanlon and Plasteel went the way of the dodo my old money making ways are gone. How do I make money now, in a way that won't involve using Buttcoins?

Tier 8 purples from slicing missions, tier 8 blues/purples from diplomacy and tier 5 companion gifts (blue or purple, use the tier 6 companion missions). I only do the missions marked rich, but I can see dropping down to bountiful to try and get the purples from slicing.

Tomorrows economic outlook based on tonight's market:
Most companion gifts roughly doubled in price, as most types were almost entirely bought out. Most blue gifts are offering a 1 to 4 return. Purples are between 1 to 10 and 1 to 15.

Adaptive circuitry is hanging around 36k each, down from 38k (still an average return of 1 to 27). Someone flooded the market at stacks of 99 at 33k, and someone else did the same thing at 36k.

Most other highly sought companion mission based tier 8 materials seem to be hovering at the higher end of their recent price categories. Blue tier 8s from slicing were around 300 each (not a good return, but are the cost of aiming for the purples), and diplomacy's blues were back to well over 1k each, at 1200 (1 to 3 return). Purple tier 8 diplomacy mats are climbing, reaching 19k at one point tonight(1 to 14 return).

This concludes the nightly update and friday outlook.

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 6, 2015

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

I've had nothing but problems with TOR today, but I've narrowed down my crash to desktop.

It happens when I mouseover icons on the world map. I tried some tips I found through searching like deleting the bitraider folder, and the diskcachearena file, but it's still happening.

So, if anyone has encountered this and knows a fix, let me know.

You could try a file repair from the launcher. Sounds like something is corrupt.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rasmussen posted:

You could try a file repair from the launcher. Sounds like something is corrupt.

That's what deleting the stuff I mentioned does, force a repair, because the Repair option is grayed out otherwise.

Edit: gently caress. Guess I spoke too soon. I just CTD in the middle of a fight. Re-installing. I've been dealing with tech issues in and out of this game for two days now and am sick of this poo poo.

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 6, 2015

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Medullah posted:

For Story mode raiding gear is irrelevant. As long as you're at least level 50 you can participate thanks to bolster.

Medullahs right. Completed story mode Ravagers last night in a bunch of 178-192 gear. So yeah, dont worry about gear for SM ops. Just join /allies or /thehub channels and get into as many ops as you can. You'll be geared in 216s in no time.

Moreau fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 6, 2015

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm torn on whether to shift my diplomacy mats now while people get ready for Rakghoul, or hope that the ability to finish Lokin makes demand spike faster than supply. I figure they're gonna crash after Rakghoul week though, anyone who doesn't get it then needs to wait until what, January?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are any of the Sith Assassin disciplines better or worse than the others?

Well Darkness is the tank spec. Deception is your burst spec, and Hatred is your dot spec.

For DPS, Deception is in a better place - higher DPS and also built in defensives to take less damage. Downside is you need to be behind the enemy.

Hatred has a bit more range and is more fun to play, in my opinion, but is really flimsy and doesn't put out the damage it once did.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Bruceski posted:

I'm torn on whether to shift my diplomacy mats now while people get ready for Rakghoul, or hope that the ability to finish Lokin makes demand spike faster than supply. I figure they're gonna crash after Rakghoul week though, anyone who doesn't get it then needs to wait until what, January?

December- looks like they've made it a monthly, now.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I'm kinda sad I maxed out all my companions pre-4.0. I started a marauder to see how the new leveling was and I left DK at level 21 with a level 10 affection Vette.

I also find that the best way to keep geared is to knock out all the heroics of whatever planet's next on your quest chain. The reward boxes keep you in more than decent gear, considering the companions do 90% of the work.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Is there any reason whatsoever to bother with crew skills on this character if I just want to batter through the story stuff?

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
I'm taking the lack of replies to mean that there is no goon guild on EU servers - too bad :(

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

ShineDog posted:

Is there any reason whatsoever to bother with crew skills on this character if I just want to batter through the story stuff?

Nope. Unless you want to craft and/or try to make money selling mats, you can completely ignore crew skills.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Nope. Unless you want to craft and/or try to make money selling mats, you can completely ignore crew skills.

Slicing isn't a bad thing to pick up, because it means you'll pick up free boxes of money in the wild during your travels; that's probably the easiest, no-effort money you can make, you might as well.

The rest of 'em, eh, gently caress it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Slicing isn't a bad thing to pick up, because it means you'll pick up free boxes of money in the wild during your travels; that's probably the easiest, no-effort money you can make, you might as well.

The rest of 'em, eh, gently caress it

I will say if nothing else, grade 8 mats are used for making augment kits so they ideally should sell for a fair amount.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I will say if nothing else, grade 8 mats are used for making augment kits so they ideally should sell for a fair amount.

Yeah, that's your prize at the end of the rainbow, if you bother to level it to 500.

But even if you don't, the trip from 0-500 makes you a little money for very little effort.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Supposedly selecting an advanced class during character creation (bottom right on the screen) circumvents the starting at level 1 bug with the instant 60 tokens.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a problem on my home cmputer, Win 10, GTX-980. Every few minutes the display driver will crash and do a reload on the game. I'm not having any problems with anything else. I've tried a couple of the arcane solutions on the forums to no avail.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Iron Tusk posted:

I'm having a problem on my home cmputer, Win 10, GTX-980. Every few minutes the display driver will crash and do a reload on the game. I'm not having any problems with anything else. I've tried a couple of the arcane solutions on the forums to no avail.

You're not Eonwe

I had that problem a long time ago and I feel like it was a problem with my power supply. Check your Windows System event logs, I feel like there may be something in there that corroborates my very flimsy memory.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
So I just resubbed and started up a vanguard for a new character. Since leveling is so trivial I've kind of lost track of new abilities and finally had to sit down and go over what I hadn't been using and I noticed that the the ability harpoon is listed as a trooper skill but I haven't seen it yet. I'm level 40 at this point and can't find it anywhere.

Is it only a commando skill or something that was removed like full auto?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Berke Negri posted:

What do you mean?

Chat spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DyneAvenger posted:

So I just resubbed and started up a vanguard for a new character. Since leveling is so trivial I've kind of lost track of new abilities and finally had to sit down and go over what I hadn't been using and I noticed that the the ability harpoon is listed as a trooper skill but I haven't seen it yet. I'm level 40 at this point and can't find it anywhere.

Is it only a commando skill or something that was removed like full auto?

I don't have a vanguard, but looking at my Powertech's trainer it looks like an ability you get at level 46.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread