Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Im that guy who called everyone else goons and then started effort posting about OSX

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I haven't used iTunes with my iPhone in almost 6 years.

I figured there was a way, but I'm not a tech guy and just want my simplified products to behave in an easy to understand manner. Plug it in and a window pops up showing the folders on the hard drive is simple and easy to understand for me. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Xaris posted:

probably because they want you to buy songs through their lovely appstore (lol does anyone even buy songs there anymore?) and make it insanely hard+obtuse to add it otherwise.

I buy audiobooks from them all the time, I just bought one an hour ago.

Their prices are pretty good :shrug:

Roargasm posted:

Im that guy who called everyone else goons and then started effort posting about OSX

idgi who are you??

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Speaking of weird bathroom stall poo poo, my old high school removed the privacy doors for the men's sit-down toilets after a kid was caught jerkin it in there. Mind you, he was caught while the doors were still up so I don't know what removing them could possibly have accomplished. Thank God I never once had to poop while I was in public school.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

AwwJeah posted:

Speaking of weird bathroom stall poo poo, my old high school removed the privacy doors for the men's sit-down toilets after a kid was caught jerkin it in there. Mind you, he was caught while the doors were still up so I don't know what removing them could possibly have accomplished. Thank God I never once had to poop while I was in public school.

One of my elementary school didn't have doors in the stalls. When I told my father about it, he went down to the school to complain. The principal refused to put doors on the stalls so my father shut his office door and told him that neither of them are leaving until he agrees to install doors or until the principal took a dump in front of him. Next week we had doors on the stalls.

This was 25 years ago when you could threaten another man over a good reason and nobody would call the police. A better time.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

You lot certainly have many strong opinions about toilets.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Modest Mauser posted:

You lot certainly have many strong opinions about toilets.

Not me. I took a dump in a cardboard box lid once, because I found out my friend was into scat stuff and wanted to watch/beat off.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

criscodisco posted:

Not me. I took a dump in a cardboard box lid once, because I found out my friend was into scat stuff and wanted to watch/beat off.

a true friend :jackbud: :butt:

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

criscodisco posted:

Your selfless and eager attitude towards your friend's happiness is a refreshing gem in this place of hate and meanness.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

itunes is and has always been a piece of poo poo

It seems like the thing with iTunes is that it used to work, but with every add-on and redesign it got more and more screwed up.

Eventually the only way to save iTunes is to just scrap it and rebuild it as a completely new program.

The Human Crouton posted:

One of my elementary school didn't have doors in the stalls. When I told my father about it, he went down to the school to complain. The principal refused to put doors on the stalls so my father shut his office door and told him that neither of them are leaving until he agrees to install doors or until the principal took a dump in front of him. Next week we had doors on the stalls.

This was 25 years ago when you could threaten another man over a good reason and nobody would call the police. A better time.

Huh my elementary school (old building) had a few bathrooms with no stall doors.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Fartmaster posted:

Looking at that mac stuff reminded me of when I first downloaded iTunes to put poo poo on my phone.

Well let's see if I can even add stuff to the library... "Music", "Movies", "TV Shows" no... maybe this?

No dice.

Oh wait

Oh yeah of course, because those 20 extra pixels of screen real estate when you first open the program were so much more important than actually being able to use it.

*tries to add single MP3 or random file to iPhone/iPad:

:smithicide:

As for their hardware, I did try to give the iPhone a chance. I really do like their build quality and battery life. But there was so much infuriating stuff about it that can't even begin to understand how anyone remotely techy uses them. For example: if someone e-mails me an attachment on an iPhone and I save it, where the hell does it go? How do I find it at a later date?

For example, during the month or so that I had one, a friend e-mailed me a .PDF. I saved it to my phone. I literally had no idea how to find it at a later date. If I tried a PDF reader, it wouldn't show up there. I guess there's probably an option somewhere to "transfer" it to iBooks or whatever the gently caress, but what if I decide at a later date to open it in Goodreader? And why would my PDFs be removed simply because I removed that particular PDF reader? :psyduck:

shelley posted:

As far as bathroom design goes, I have pissed in men's rooms, women's rooms, and "non-gendered" restrooms.

They all loving suck and are terrible and sometimes there's blood, there's not much a difference between what gender is labeled on the door when it comes to the filth inside.

To expand on this, I absolutely love the design of bathrooms where you have no loving clue what's behind the door:

What's behind the door when you open it? An entire, gigantic bathroom full of numerous stalls, sinks, and urinals? Or a sole toilet by itself an embarrassed man or woman is currently pooping in right in front of you? :shrug: Open the door and find out! :D

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

shelley posted:

As far as bathroom design goes, I have pissed in men's rooms, women's rooms, and "non-gendered" restrooms.

They all loving suck and are terrible and sometimes there's blood, there's not much a difference between what gender is labeled on the door when it comes to the filth inside.

Well, yeah, if you're pissing blood, switching bathrooms isn't going to help.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
[quote="Melmac" post=""452373259"]

To expand on this, I absolutely love the design of bathrooms where you have no loving clue what's behind the door:

What's behind the door when you open it? An entire, gigantic bathroom full of numerous stalls, sinks, and urinals? Or a sole toilet by itself an embarrassed man or woman is currently pooping in right in front of you? :shrug: Open the door and find out! :D
[/quote]

I can't recall ever using a single occupancy restroom that didn't have a lock on the inside.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Melmac posted:

*tries to add single MP3 or random file to iPhone/iPad:

:smithicide:

As for their hardware, I did try to give the iPhone a chance. I really do like their build quality and battery life. But there was so much infuriating stuff about it that can't even begin to understand how anyone remotely techy uses them. For example: if someone e-mails me an attachment on an iPhone and I save it, where the hell does it go? How do I find it at a later date?

For example, during the month or so that I had one, a friend e-mailed me a .PDF. I saved it to my phone. I literally had no idea how to find it at a later date. If I tried a PDF reader, it wouldn't show up there. I guess there's probably an option somewhere to "transfer" it to iBooks or whatever the gently caress, but what if I decide at a later date to open it in Goodreader? And why would my PDFs be removed simply because I removed that particular PDF reader? :psyduck:

You sound real dumb and perhaps not a techy at all hth.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Professor Shark posted:

I dread every iTunes update because it never seems to get easier to use
my favorite part about turning on my computer is the 5 dozen update notifications on a daily basis

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Why dont they make the whole adobe flash player out of the black box material

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Malf posted:

urinal... divider?

the thing they sometimes put between two different urinals for pee shy people

pee shy people can't even pee with dividers they still use the stall or wait for the room to clear. not speaking from experience

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You sound real dumb and perhaps not a techy at all hth.

"I like having a phone that uses a different charging cable than literally every other phone ever released on the planet" -iPhone Defense Force

criscodisco posted:

I can't recall ever using a single occupancy restroom that didn't have a lock on the inside.

Sometimes I'll see someone go into one right before me (usually at a restaurant or something) and I'll stand there patiently waiting for them to leave only to realize when I went in there that it's not a single-person bathroom. :doh:

Also idiots and/or the elderly forget to lock them a lot.

edit: Long story short, if your bathrooms are multi-person their entrances should be like this:

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 6, 2015

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

hey can u pass me some tp

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Melmac posted:

"I like having a phone that uses a different charging cable than literally every other phone ever released on the planet" -iPhone Defense Force

Sometimes I'll see someone go into one right before me (usually at a restaurant or something) and I'll stand there patiently waiting for them to leave only to realize when I went in there that it's not a single-person bathroom. :doh:

Also idiots and/or the elderly forget to lock them a lot.

edit: Long story short, if your bathrooms are multi-person their entrances should be like this:

That requires enough square footage for a blind corner, so it only works for really large buildings, like airports and schools. Smaller places need that footage for sinks and stalls.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Isaac posted:

Why dont they make the whole adobe flash player out of the black box material

:thurman:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Bonster posted:

That requires enough square footage for a blind corner, so it only works for really large buildings, like airports and schools. Smaller places need that footage for sinks and stalls.

True but I've been in ones that looked like this

and I go into them and they're GIGANTIC inside.

Small restaurants is when I always assume there's only one bowl inside. And larger restaurants are where I assume I'm going to open it and not see an elderly person taking a feverish poo poo. Been wrong on more than one occasion. :yikes:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

to be fair if you look closely, you can kind of see that there was some wall in between the two of them at some point. I've been in bathrooms like that before where they are walled in ultra-cramped (I usually see them at catering halls and they usually have regular bedroom-style doors that close all the way to the floor as well). They are super-private but I always wondered how much claustrophobic people must hate them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I had a GPS in a rental car a few days ago and the keyboard layout was all hosed up. Like some of it was QWERTY, but some of the letters were randomly in places they shouldn't have been, I think the A was in the upper left. Do GPS's have their own hosed up keyboard layout or was the manufacturer of this one just really stupid?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Melmac posted:

to be fair if you look closely, you can kind of see that there was some wall in between the two of them at some point. I've been in bathrooms like that before where they are walled in ultra-cramped (I usually see them at catering halls and they usually have regular bedroom-style doors that close all the way to the floor as well). They are super-private but I always wondered how much claustrophobic people must hate them.

I think that's just lovely grout work. Probably because they were too busy laughing at the whole loving thing.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

OctoberBlues posted:

I had a GPS in a rental car a few days ago and the keyboard layout was all hosed up. Like some of it was QWERTY, but some of the letters were randomly in places they shouldn't have been, I think the A was in the upper left. Do GPS's have their own hosed up keyboard layout or was the manufacturer of this one just really stupid?

It was probably set to the AZERTY layout.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Melmac posted:

No, there was never a wall. This is a bathroom of a building built specifically for the Winter Olympics in Sochi.

Russia.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Speaking of bad bathroom designs this is my house. The tile floor is the bathroom.

If you notice, the light fixture, that is the light to the bathroom itself, so if you wanted to, you can shut the light off on the person pooping or showering and they don't have to go through a bathroom door, but another door to get to the light to turn it back on. :wtc:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

No, there was never a wall. This is a bathroom of a building built specifically for the Winter Olympics in Sochi.

Russia.

Wow. So literally an SNL skit.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Drunk Nerds posted:

I got this.

:hfive:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

think about how god must've felt about you op

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I just noticed there's no toilet paper dispenser either. Do you gotta bring your own or what?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hobohemian posted:

I just noticed there's no toilet paper dispenser either. Do you gotta bring your own or what?

I believe that's one on the far left, so you just have to ask your dump buddy to spare a few squares.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
This thread started good, but now it is about Mac vs PC and toilets

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Whatev posted:

This thread started good, but now it is about Mac vs PC and toilets

Macs are toilets.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macs are toilets.

PCs are toilets too but Macs are this toilet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWNAZdEOVk :nws: poop

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I view tubgirl and goatse like old friends but that video always makes me squeamish.

Rob Haldorson
Aug 16, 2014

Why even go through the trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Macs are toilets.

• Locked thread