Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Megafunk posted:

I'm sure someone will create a mod that replaces the energy weapon sounds with more correct pew sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Can't wait for the sexy mods.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
'Romances' are already sort of ridiculous in the vast majority of role playing games without a literal Y) gently caress X) MARRY B) KILL

v :golfclap:

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 6, 2015

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bernardo Orel posted:

Can't wait for the sexy mods.

What are you talking about, they hired all the modders that made those and had them work on the game. That's why you've got that robot!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Moogle posted:

'Romances' are already sort of ridiculous in the vast majority of role playing games without a literal Y) gently caress X) MARRY B) KILL

Y) gently caress X) MARRY B) KILL A) HATE NEWS

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
im gonna pirate this game and then not install it i just want to steal from bethesda

strong bird
May 12, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im gonna pirate this game and then not install it i just want to steal from bethesda

That's noble.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am going to play this game and that is a fact.
as long as it is not a crash to desktop affair like arkham knight

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Did any of the other fallouts or skyrims have romancing? All I remember is paying a ghoul like 30 caps for the nookie

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Avocados posted:

Did any of the other fallouts or skyrims have romancing? All I remember is paying a ghoul like 30 caps for the nookie

Fallout 2 had a shotgun marriage I guess :shrug:

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Avocados posted:

Skyrim didn't have romance, but there were a whole bunch of NPCs you could marry. They all had some kind of disposition requirement, usually doing some sort of errand for them, and then afterwards you could just go "Hey nerd nord, let's get married" and they'd be too embarrassed to say no because you delivered a flagon of Orsimer Horsepiss for them at one point.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Timespy posted:

Fallout 2 had a shotgun marriage I guess :shrug:

I definitely had a mod you could marry your shotgun

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I definitely had a mod you could marry your shotgun

I would like this mod.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

bhlaab posted:

It's streamlined so you're good at everything immediately.

Where are you getting this from?

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Tunahead posted:

Skyrim didn't have romance, but there were a whole bunch of NPCs you could marry. They all had some kind of disposition requirement, usually doing some sort of errand for them, and then afterwards you could just go "Hey nerd nord, let's get married" and they'd be too embarrassed to say no because you delivered a flagon of Orsimer Horsepiss for them at one point.

You could also take advantage of power dynamics to marry your cute servant.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

JoshTheStampede posted:

Where are you getting this from?

a high-level, butthole-shaped source

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wait this game has romance crap? Why?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Not really, just relationship levels with your companions. Since one is a Mr. Handy it's probably just like Boone's hidden triggers that make him open up to you more and pursue his companion quest.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

"Bioware does it, why not us too??" - Bethesda

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
If I can get a handy from Mr. Handy this will be goty.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

Avocados posted:

Wonder how good the female VA is compared to the male. Female Shep from Mass Effect had way better voice acting.

Courtnay Taylor voiced Jack in the Mass Effect series and is a good voice actor. The dude VA doesn't seem to have as impressive a resume and I don't really recognize him from anything beyond a few bit roles.

Also I definitely heard Lynda Carter and Laura Bailey in the trailer so it seems like they got some really good talent for this game.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Speedball posted:

Not really, just relationship levels with your companions. Since one is a Mr. Handy it's probably just like Boone's hidden triggers that make him open up to you more and pursue his companion quest.

No, they specifically said all human companions would be romanceable by either gender player.

As for why, because after years of Witcher and Dragon Age and Mass Effect RPG players expect it, that's all.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

So that every companion can have a base ability when you meet them then some story part where they get an upgraded ability. They make some of the story parts romancy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

So that every companion can have a base ability when you meet them then some story part where they get an upgraded ability. They make some of the story parts romancy.

A NEW PERSONA HAS AWAKENED IN PIPER!

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
S-senpai!

https://youtu.be/A_Jx2tqRPGU?t=1586

E: Ah, goddamnit.

vvv I, too, will buy and enjoy this game. That's because we're unprincipled filth with bad taste.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 6, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I am going to buy this video game and the season pass

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I literally can't wait to own a video game dog

I'm going to call him Henry

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I pre-ordered this game to spite haters so I hope the game is really good so they don't laugh at me.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Saint Freak posted:

Pretty much exactly that.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
A clip reel of Mr. Handy saying player names aloud was also shown. While Bethesda recorded over a thousand common names for use in the game, Mr. Handy can also say joke names such as "McFly," "Boobies," and "Fart Face," which will no doubt lead to players experimenting to uncover any other rude names that may have been recorded.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Hopefully this means the companions will have a little more going on than they did in Fallout 3.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

J-Spot posted:

Hopefully this means the companions will have a little more going on than they did in Fallout 3.

Their AI is really Not Good unfortunately.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

strong bird posted:

Their AI is really Not Good unfortunately.
https://a.pomf.cat/jsximh.mp4

The only time I really bothered with companions is when I needed an extra leg up at the start of the game. Sometimes when the stars align, they actually help kill dudes.On the off chance they decide to help, they'll focus on the least concerning mobs like that radscorp behind that rock over there.

What the AI is good at is being a distraction. I can send out a beeftank like Lily into a suicidal charge and use her as a meat shield :shobon:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Saint Freak posted:

Screw that. I want to Social Link with the dog.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Does Dogmeat count as a regular companion? I only ask because he has his own perk on the chart. Can you have him AND a companion, or more importantly, have him and still benefit from Lone Wanderer?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
GreenMan Gaming have started sending out keys for the game.:dance:

I honestly avoided a lot of the info on the game. I just saw the perk list and how levelling will work and I am really excited to make a character now.

Does anyone know if we will be able to raise our SPECIAL stats after character creation?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Raged posted:

Does anyone know if we will be able to raise our SPECIAL stats after character creation?

If you like, you can invest your perk points directly in your SPECIAL instead of getting perks from them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

JoshTheStampede posted:

Does Dogmeat count as a regular companion? I only ask because he has his own perk on the chart. Can you have him AND a companion, or more importantly, have him and still benefit from Lone Wanderer?

I think he's just counted the same as any other companion this time. Only one follower at a time outside of quests that give you one.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Avocados posted:

https://a.pomf.cat/jsximh.mp4

The only time I really bothered with companions is when I needed an extra leg up at the start of the game. Sometimes when the stars align, they actually help kill dudes.On the off chance they decide to help, they'll focus on the least concerning mobs like that radscorp behind that rock over there.

What the AI is good at is being a distraction. I can send out a beeftank like Lily into a suicidal charge and use her as a meat shield :shobon:

Why is she so shiny. It's like she's been saran-wrapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Okay, I'm super excited to play this.. but I'm kind of annoyed about how they are handling things.

I ordered the pipboy edition, and I won't get it until well after everyone else who didn't. That's kind of lame.

Salt on the wound.. I already have my key for the season pass... which doesn't even exist yet.

I know I sound like a huge baby, but it would be nice if they would just email the key to people who paid double for special editions so we could play on the same day as people who didn't.

• Locked thread