Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tony Phillips posted:

Someone scanned and tweeted The Fat Jew's book in its entirety.

https://twitter.com/updog7
(Likely getting killed off soon.)

It's plagiarized anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MariusLecter posted:

:thejoke:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

ISIS execution videos are really getting strange.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

This one is more baffling than the table tennis one by far.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He's fist pumping without noticing the guy next to him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Gravity Prefers Blondes

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Frostwerks posted:

This one is more baffling than the table tennis one by far.

a man strikes frank beamer.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BiggerBoat posted:

This is bullshit and you suck.

Violence is good.

Turtlicious posted:

i guess European cops never learned how to assert authority.

Authority Asserted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXpXesMcKE

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Nov 6, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Also the guy next to him is his head coach.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

And that brother was Einstein.

Weatherman posted:

Whom he then married.

He said brother, not cousin.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

The classic

PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Apparently when electricity first started being available everywhere, there were a lot of people who didn't know how to not do bad things to get electrocuted.

I'm cracking up at the expressions they gave the people. Especially the train wire piss guy and the baby chewing on the live wire.

http://allday.com/post/6448-vintage-drawings-show-the-bizarre-ways-to-get-electrocuted-in-the-1930s/

The band Brand New featured those images on the T-shirts for their tour:

Which is the same shirt infamous "pharma bro" Martin Shkreli was pictured wearing in many news stories:

because he loves Emo: http://www.stereogum.com/1832749/notorious-aids-drug-price-gouger-is-a-post-hardcore-figurehead/news/

so the proceeds from the shirt go to AIDS charities now, which is awesome:
http://brandnew.merchdirect.com/products/56018-e-i-d-kite-whitman-walker-health-charity

But I also feel like there is some metaphor there, like being so smug about raising the price of a drug astronomically and becoming the most hated man in America and having rivals introduce similar drugs for $1 is somewhat akin to pissing on a live wire.

And now he's been summoned to a Senate committe investigation:
http://www.attn.com/stories/4013/shkreli-senate-committee-investigation

Because nothing screams "make something illegal" to legislators like doing something abhorrent and then bragging about how it isn't illegal.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PopRocks posted:

Which is the same shirt infamous "pharma bro" Martin Shkreli was pictured wearing in many news stories:

because he loves Emo: http://www.stereogum.com/1832749/notorious-aids-drug-price-gouger-is-a-post-hardcore-figurehead/news/

http://brandnew.merchdirect.com/products/56018-e-i-d-kite-whitman-walker-health-charity

But I also feel like there is some metaphor there, like being so smug about raising the price of a drug astronomically and becoming the most hated man in America and having rivals introduce similar drugs for $1 is somewhat akin to pissing on a live wire.

Because nothing screams "make something illegal" to legislators like doing something abhorrent and then bragging about how it isn't illegal.

The most punchable face I've ever seen.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
That dirty cop I posted about earlier? The hits just keep on coming:

quote:

According to sources, Gliniewicz, who was married, had an affair with a woman. He later arranged to have that woman marry his son, D.J. Gliniewicz, who is in the army, in order to boost the military benefits for D.J., since being married could add up to thousands more per year.

WGN Investigates learned that marriage did not last long between D.J. and a woman named Kathryn Grams. The marriage was dissolved just after Christmas, 2014.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

That dirty cop I posted about earlier? The hits just keep on coming:

That's not all!

quote:

The shocking revelations late Thursday come after authorities acknowledged earlier in the day that Gliniewicz plotted “to put a hit” on village administrator Anne Marrin because he feared she would find out what he was doing, Lake County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Christopher Covelli said.

Detectives also found packets of cocaine in Gliniewicz’s desk after he offed himself on Sept. 1 and they suspect he may have been plotting to plant the drugs on Marrin.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

it must be really stressful being that stupid and corrupt at the same time

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnAWps2MsnU

Shep Smith continues to be a total diamond in the rough. :allears:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

MariusLecter posted:

So what's this Fat Jew's story? Just a plagiarist?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
My bad. Thought it was schadenfreudey, sorry!

KittenofDoom has a new favorite as of 12:56 on Nov 6, 2015

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
That's a nice story

For e/n to poop on

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

KittenofDoom posted:

A bit long, but cathartic as gently caress for me (names changed to characters from The Office):

I had a long-standing crush on my coworker, Pam. She knew about it, but our efforts to hang out always happened when the other person was seeing someone else. This summer I swore off dating for personal life reasons. She also knew that.

I was talking to another coworker, Roy, in the locker room downstairs and the subject of Pam came up. We had nothing but nice things to say about her. I thought Roy was still seeing his ex, and let it slip that I liked Pam. Roy responded by showing me the scratches on his back and made me guess which of our coworkers put them there. After a few guesses he told me Pam had put them there the night before. It was a lovely way to break the news, but I brushed it off thinking he was insecure.

Roy said that they'd been dating a few weeks and that he really liked her, and swore that he would treat her better than all the assholes she'd dating recently. I liked Pam, but Roy seemed like a decent guy at the time so I gave him my blessing and backed off. If Pam was happy then I didn't think I had much reason to complain.

Roy talked poo poo about me to Pam behind my back because he was insecure about the two of us being friends. For weeks she refused to talk to me and seemed genuinely angry at me. Trying to talk over the situation just made it worse, and Roy was more popular at work, so I kept my side of the story to myself, along with Roy and Pam's private details. Things were awkward and terrible. It sucked but I tried to move on with my life.

Today I found out that Roy had been screwing our boss, Jan, and hitting on pretty much every woman in the restaurant, including Jan's younger sister. I'm friends with Jan's younger sister, who is also Pam's friend and had also been holding in her dislike of Roy. Roy quit the company when everyone found out what a lying, cheating piece of poo poo he is, and I was finally able to get my side of the story out, although only to Jan's younger sister. Jan's sister was also relieved she could tell her side of things to someone.

After months of patience and work, Pam and I are friends again. We may never date, and she may even still be trying to work things out with Roy (who may also still be screwing Jan), but my shadenfreude comes from knowing that Roy is exactly as big a douchebag as I thought he was, and now everyone else knows it, too.

(I'm not Jim in this situation; I'm probably closer to an Andy or a Kevin.)

:gas:

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Should've hosed Jan's sister and worked your way up the totem pole.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Guy in Budapest crashes one of the 499 $1.5 million Ferrari LaFerrarris "moments after leaving the dealership"*:

*according to the Daily Mail. 5 pixel phone video of the crash at link as well.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Imagined posted:

5 pixel phone video of the crash at link as well.

I thought you meant 5 megapixel, but you really didn't.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Imagined posted:

Guy in Budapest crashes one of the 499 $1.5 million Ferrari LaFerrarris "moments after leaving the dealership"*:

*according to the Daily Mail. 5 pixel phone video of the crash at link as well.

You would think there would be additional driver's test requirements to drive something that powerful and complex. It's not like I can just get in a semi and start driving it around my neighborhood.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

wayfinder posted:

That's not all!

Just saw both these things on the morning news in the Chicago area. This entire saga is like the longest Made For TV movie ever.

I can't wait until Law and Order covers it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eponine posted:

Just saw both these things on the morning news in the Chicago area. This entire saga is like the longest Made For TV movie ever.

I can't wait until Law and Order covers it.

It really is just the best thing. And it's taking all the attention away from the 9 year old kid that got lured into an alley and shot because his dad was in a gang. Its a win/win for Chicago police.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

hanales posted:

You would think there would be additional driver's test requirements to drive something that powerful and complex. It's not like I can just get in a semi and start driving it around my neighborhood.

Yes you can. If you're a multimillionaire in a lovely country.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

It really is just the best thing. And it's taking all the attention away from the 9 year old kid that got lured into an alley and shot because his dad was in a gang. Its a win/win for Chicago police.

This dude was way out in the suburbs though. The thing people say is deflecting outrage about the 9-year-old is a loving Spike Lee movie.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
What's also hilarious about the Fox Lake telenovela drama is that when it was possible he was murdered he was from the Chicago area and now they're saying an "Illinois officer" or specifying that Fox Lake is "close to the Wisconsin border, God forbid anyone make the connection to the Chicago Police Department.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

hanales posted:

It's waaaaay less complex than a semi. Automatic transmission.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eponine posted:

What's also hilarious about the Fox Lake telenovela drama is that when it was possible he was murdered he was from the Chicago area and now they're saying an "Illinois officer" or specifying that Fox Lake is "close to the Wisconsin border, God forbid anyone make the connection to the Chicago Police Department.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. When he was a fallen cop hero he was close to Chicago. Now that he's a criminal poo poo bag coward he's from "close to Wisconsin." And the Spike Lee movie Chiraq was a bigger story a few months ago when they were still filming it. I haven't seen anything too much about it lately anyways.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Always great :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

PopRocks posted:

Too bad the proceeds from the shirt aren't going to Toxoplasmosis charities, which the medication he owns is for, but the news agencies kept saying was for AIDS patients. :toxogond:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Have they revealed how he managed to shoot himself and somehow not have the murder weapon near him? He didn't shoot himself with his own service weapon did he? Or did he manage to ditch the gun while he was bleeding out?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

Have they revealed how he managed to shoot himself and somehow not have the murder weapon near him? He didn't shoot himself with his own service weapon did he? Or did he manage to ditch the gun while he was bleeding out?

He shot himself with his own weapon and it was underneath his body.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I thought I read that his weapon was buried nearby in a shallow hole.

And honestly, I've read more about how that 9 year old kid's father is "part of a gang and totally knows who shot his kid but won't snitch" and that the mother has "gang tattoos" (read: any tattoos on a black person) than that the Chicago PD is questioning anyone, so I'm fine with us focusing on this shitbag cop and his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Choco1980 posted:

Too bad the proceeds from the shirt aren't going to Toxoplasmosis charities, which the medication he owns is for, but the news agencies kept saying was for AIDS patients. :toxogond:

It doesn't treat AIDS, but since people with comprised immune systems are most vulnerable to toxoplasmosis, it is most frequently prescribed to people with AIDS, and the increase in drug price would impact those with AIDS disproportionately. I'm sorry you don't understand that.