Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well, yeah, if you're pissing blood, switching bathrooms isn't going to help.

yea after i got treated for that bladder infection my pissing experiences really improved :v:

Nah I guess I meant that no matter the label on the door, any bathroom you enter has a good chance of being filthy and/or designed in a super weird way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
They should give total privacy stalls but spray narcan through the air and block wifi so noones jackin it.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Since a child I couldn't pee in front of other people so I guess I was a stupid goon from birth

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Why is that guy's shoe off in the public bathroom?

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

mdm posted:

it's more so you know who to watch out for if you are actually able to make eye contact with whoever the poor soul is who makes this a problem for you

i've seen some dumb urinal dividers in Europe, like they were there for show and way too low and the line of sight to another's junk was clear, never seen a nonsense urinal divider in the good ol USA

I worked at a company that had a gap so wide in one of the stalls that I had to use my sport coat to block the gap. It was the worst I've ever seen. The gap at the bottom was so high, that I had to keep my trousers all the way up to the toilet to block my unmentionables. I had a method for hanging my coat on the handle and then wedging part of it into the corner so that I didn't have to see people staring at me.

I've not seen many urinal dividers in the US. We usually just piss in full view. I even remember a urinal trough at a grain elevator that was round and doubled as a hand washing station. There was a foot pedal for water and soap above. It's basically pissing in a sink where everyone can see each-others dicks.

Found a picture of one.
http://i.imgur.com/BGgqEVT.jpeg

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Hobohemian posted:

Why is that guy's shoe off in the public bathroom?

So he doesn't get poo poo on it! :marc:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I get weirded out at non trough urinals

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
hey look 10 pages of autistic goons talking about operating systems and worrying someone might see their micropenises

let me vote this 5

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

mostlygray posted:

I worked at a company that had a gap so wide in one of the stalls that I had to use my sport coat to block the gap. It was the worst I've ever seen. The gap at the bottom was so high, that I had to keep my trousers all the way up to the toilet to block my unmentionables. I had a method for hanging my coat on the handle and then wedging part of it into the corner so that I didn't have to see people staring at me.

I've not seen many urinal dividers in the US. We usually just piss in full view. I even remember a urinal trough at a grain elevator that was round and doubled as a hand washing station. There was a foot pedal for water and soap above. It's basically pissing in a sink where everyone can see each-others dicks.

Found a picture of one.

Can't stop laughing. Literally a piss fountain. Wtf. What company makes this.

Edit: the designer better be gay I can think of no other rational explanation. "Well you know, a circle saves space and putting it in the middle of the room shaves off a full five minutes per day." :frogout:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 6, 2015

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

mostlygray posted:

Found a picture of one.

thats just a sink you idiot

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
gently caress short faucets. Why can't they just make them longer? Or angle the nozzle outward more? Hell, sometimes it's angled slightly away from you, so you have to rub your knuckles up against the wall of the sink. gently caress JUST MAKE THEM LONGER YOU STUPID IDIOT DESIGNERS

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Phyzzle posted:

Four way stop signs that look like regular stop signs. Which is almost all four way stop signs.

http://tinyurl.com/psud84d

loving genius :pseudo:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

is this seriously a thing? What does everyone do when they are stopped? why wouldn't you just put a roundabout in like every other country?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

RideTheSpiral posted:

is this seriously a thing? What does everyone do when they are stopped? why wouldn't you just put a roundabout in like every other country?

You play chicken to see who will go and who will wait.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here's an intersection in Omaha that is really well designed...

It's a 6 way stop :D

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Double adaptors and powerboards that block the on off switch. Chargers that have the cable come out the side rather than the end so you can't plug anything into the outlet next to it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Moon Atari posted:

Double adaptors and powerboards that block the on off switch. Chargers that have the cable come out the side rather than the end so you can't plug anything into the outlet next to it.

Yes, totally agree on the latter especially.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

a gun which explodes when you fire it so you lose your hand
pants with no buttons/zipper and no elastic in the waist
a door with 2 locks, and when you unlcok one, the other one is auotmatically locked again
bread that expands to 5x its original size when you put it in your mouth
bicycles with wheels that are not oriented in the same direction

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Tenzarin posted:

Touch screens are reading the heat from your fingers, dont care how you touch them.

Actually this is wrong and the device youre probably thinking of is: your mom.

Princess RALPH!!
Apr 28, 2009

mostlygray posted:

Found a picture of one.

Yeah, we had one of those urinals sinks in my public school. Either you get confused and urinate into anything that you can reasonably pee into, the designer figured they could save a couple of bucks by having people pee into the sink, or didn't know what the fixture was.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

RideTheSpiral posted:

there are some roundabouts in the US but nobody know to use them so it's usually a massive failure. to be fair they didnt teach roundabouts when i was learning to drive here.

4 way stops suck. if you're lucky, that tiny sign that says "all way" underneath the main octagon but a lot of time they are missing for some reason for another so generally the best way to tell if it's a 4-way is to look at all the ends of the intersection and make sure they appear to have stop signs too :thumbsup:

when people arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, whoever got there first goes first. a lot of times it is ambiguous when you pull up at the same time and in that situation eventually somebody will take the initiative and just go. they're not dangerous, just horribly stupid and cause massive traffic congestion whenever they're used at critical intersections that really should have a light.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
Lol at the goon pissing in the hand washing basin as some dad tries to teach his child about hygiene while avoiding looking at the micropenis.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
here is a terrible "design" straight from a house i was renting previously. in the kitchen, for some inexplicable reason, they made the floor out of this natural stone that creates a rough, completely uneven surface with lots of variation. the bathroom is the same way but it's more of a problem in the kitchen.

i've never seen indoor flooring like this (go figure). it has literally no advantage over tile or whatever else you might use. it looks terrible. it hurts to walk on, some of the edges of the rock cropping up are actually somewhat sharp (not enough to draw blood or anything but still), it gets cold as poo poo in the winter, and if you drop something that isn't plastic you can pretty much loving say goodbye to it.

and when it comes time to clean up after a meal or god forbid... you dropped a glass tray full of food or beer? hahaha have fun digging bits glass out of every single crevice fucko and getting down on your hands and knees with a rag because this poo poo renders all modern cleaning appliances useless. good luck pushing a broom, mop, or vacuum cleaner over this bullshit.

it's probably a little dirty in this pic but that was about as good as you could get them looking :cripes:

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 6, 2015

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thathonkey posted:

there are some roundabouts in the US but nobody know to use them so it's usually a massive failure. to be fair they didnt teach roundabouts when i was learning to drive here.

4 way stops suck. if you're lucky, that tiny sign that says "all way" underneath the main octagon but a lot of time they are missing for some reason for another so generally the best way to tell if it's a 4-way is to look at all the ends of the intersection and make sure they appear to have stop signs too :thumbsup:

when people arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, whoever got there first goes first. a lot of times it is ambiguous when you pull up at the same time and in that situation eventually somebody will take the initiative and just go. they're not dangerous, just horribly stupid and cause massive traffic congestion whenever they're used at critical intersections that really should have a light.

you look to your left and if there is a car coming then you stop. If there isn't a car coming then you drive through

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
even complicated roundabouts like this one are very simple

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
There's a road that has a roundabout that's only has one road. The cross road never got built because of 2008 economic collapse. I still yield to the inside which I imagine annoys the cars behind me.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Can't stop laughing. Literally a piss fountain. Wtf. What company makes this.

Edit: the designer better be gay I can think of no other rational explanation. "Well you know, a circle saves space and putting it in the middle of the room shaves off a full five minutes per day." :frogout:

loving laffo. I've seen that same fixture and newsflash: its a sink.

I can understand the confusion though. Sometimes we pee in weird things. The closer you get to south texas for example, the more likely restrooms are to have a pretty mosaic wall to piss on. There wont even be a trough just a mosaic wall with water running over it drained via inset basin.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

RideTheSpiral posted:

you look to your left and if there is a car coming then you stop. If there isn't a car coming then you drive through

i get it. it's really simple. i'm just saying in the US whenever i encounter them (which is rare) usually if there are other people on the roundabout they're doing something wrong. for eg. lots of people stop or slow down in the round when they see someone waiting ahead at one of the entry points in order to let them in.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thathonkey posted:

i get it. it's really simple. i'm just saying in the US whenever i encounter them (which is rare) usually if there are other people on the roundabout they're doing something wrong. for eg. lots of people stop or slow down in the round when they see someone waiting ahead at one of the entry points in order to let them in.

just because a goon pisses in the sink doesnt mean we shouldnt wash our hands

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey i'm all for having more here in the states in fact you should donate to my kickstarter,

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9eX1e5SwI

me irl

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That Swindon roundabout- what the gently caress- has science gone too far?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Germstore posted:

That Swindon roundabout- what the gently caress- has science gone too far?

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

That looks rather fun, quite frankly.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Modest Mauser posted:

That looks rather fun, quite frankly.

:agreed:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

I like how one of them just goes into a dead end, for funs sake.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

thathonkey posted:

here is a terrible "design" straight from a house i was renting previously. in the kitchen, for some inexplicable reason, they made the floor out of this natural stone that creates a rough, completely uneven surface with lots of variation. the bathroom is the same way but it's more of a problem in the kitchen.

i've never seen indoor flooring like this (go figure). it has literally no advantage over tile or whatever else you might use. it looks terrible. it hurts to walk on, some of the edges of the rock cropping up are actually somewhat sharp (not enough to draw blood or anything but still), it gets cold as poo poo in the winter, and if you drop something that isn't plastic you can pretty much loving say goodbye to it.

and when it comes time to clean up after a meal or god forbid... you dropped a glass tray full of food or beer? hahaha have fun digging bits glass out of every single crevice fucko and getting down on your hands and knees with a rag because this poo poo renders all modern cleaning appliances useless. good luck pushing a broom, mop, or vacuum cleaner over this bullshit.

it's probably a little dirty in this pic but that was about as good as you could get them looking :cripes:

This would look really nice if there was an overlay of some sort of resin to level it out. Did you have to wear shoes 24/7?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Moon Atari posted:

Chargers that have the cable come out the side rather than the end so you can't plug anything into the outlet next to it.

lol *stands stupefied looking at a double power socket with something plugged in on the right hand side* "if I plug this phone in on the left i will not be able to fit... what do?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AwwJeah posted:

Speaking of weird bathroom stall poo poo, my old high school removed the privacy doors for the men's sit-down toilets after a kid was caught jerkin it in there. Mind you, he was caught while the doors were still up so I don't know what removing them could possibly have accomplished. Thank God I never once had to poop while I was in public school.

You have to have a space in your school where the guys can jerk it. Prohibiting the schooljerk is going to lead directly to stabbings and rapes after some chick in gym class doesn't wear panties and some guy just had a 69 minute long session of flashes and angled stares after not having jerked it for two days at home because his parents still have his little brother in his room on a bunkbed.

Ye, the jo booth is necessary to the education of the children.

Also ye, lmao @ u if you think every surface of every public building hasn't been dashed with the cum of growing boys from the waist down and/or that the drain installed in the floor of public toilets isn't there specifically to move the liters of stinky cum spilt there every time spring skirt season begins.

raton fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread