Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

I was playing with some friends last night and 2 Supremes got dropped into our game. Holy poo poo they were completely awful in virtually every aspect of the game. They basically spent the entire game bottom fragging and rage calling us, the eagles who were carrying them, noobs. I'm constantly amazed at how often objectively terrible players like that are able to make it into the top ranks.

Boy are you in for a nasty surprise when you get to global

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sobs loudly

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Xenaero posted:

sobs loudly

Same, NiP hosed me on both.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

qhat posted:

I was playing with some friends last night and 2 Supremes got dropped into our game. Holy poo poo they were completely awful in virtually every aspect of the game. They basically spent the entire game bottom fragging and rage calling us, the eagles who were carrying them, noobs. I'm constantly amazed at how often objectively terrible players like that are able to make it into the top ranks.

Were they deranking on purpose?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Certainly! Throwing in viewmodel for good measure

code:
viewmodel_presetpos "0"
viewmodel_offset_x "0"
viewmodel_offset_y "0"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"

cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness "1"
cl_crosshairalpha "200"
cl_crosshaircolor "1"
cl_crosshairdot "0"
cl_crosshairgap "-4.000000"
cl_crosshairscale "0"
cl_crosshairsize "0.500000"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairthickness "2.000000"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"
cl_crosshaircolor 1
cl_crosshaircolor_b 1

I replaced my solid pink dot with this and immediately owned, thank you for sharing man. It is a kewl 1 :)

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

Were they deranking on purpose?

They were French and one of them had us on mute by default at the start of the game. Basically they would never listen to callouts and always made their own plays, which basically meant they never rotated and we had to follow them everywhere when they had the bomb because they were always running off on their own mission. I honestly don't know if they were deranking on purpose because it seemed like they were playing serious (still not well) and making calls in the first half, at least until they started screaming at us in the mic and TKing our top players in the final rounds.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

qhat posted:

They were French and one of them had us on mute by default at the start of the game. Basically they would never listen to callouts and always made their own plays, which basically meant they never rotated and we had to follow them everywhere when they had the bomb because they were always running off on their own mission. I honestly don't know if they were deranking on purpose because it seemed like they were playing serious (still not well) and making calls in the first half, at least until they started screaming at us in the mic and TKing our top players in the final rounds.

They were probably doing it on purpose then, just to be assholes.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Playing with swift and his band of Norwegian bandits the last two days has shown me the way gently caress solo queue! #5stack4lyfe

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 6, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bohemian Nights posted:

Certainly! Throwing in viewmodel for good measure

Thanks dude

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

qhat posted:

They were French

qhat posted:

they were always running off

Its the only tactical maneuver they know how to perform :can:

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 5, 2015

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

exethan posted:

Can you post a screen of this i have never noticed teammate nade stuff other than when buying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDMXnD0sKc

You can see it changes a bunch of stuff in a useful way, you can do this without the font as well.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Playing with swift and his band of Norwegian bandits the last two days has shown me the way gently caress MM! #5stack4lyfe

Welcome to Team Good Vibes, we'll make a global out of you yet and then we can all be boosted GE's together

e: guy who was blatantly hacking last week is still unbanned, where is the vaunted post major VAC wave. Gaben plz

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Bohemian Nights posted:

Welcome to Team Good Vibes, we'll make a global out of you yet and then we can all be boosted GE's together

e: guy who was blatantly hacking last week is still unbanned, where is the vaunted post major VAC wave. Gaben plz

Most of the people who I add to my vacstat.us that end up being legit hackers take at least a month to get banned, even the most blatent ones. I've very rarely seen one get banned within the space of a few weeks.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Get accused of hacking and this happens in the same day

Guess I have Bohemian Nights' crosshair to blame

How long till I lose it tho

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Xenaero posted:

sobs loudly

Just a bronze pick 'em dorito for me. Shoulda bought a guardian or kennys sticker for the last day, oh well!

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Got my silver team dorito. It's kinda nice, honestly.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Remora posted:

Got my silver team dorito. It's kinda nice, honestly.
Same. I'll take Silver considering what a major it was.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Sorry guys, but nothing beats a Gold Katowice dorito.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe in the future they will introduce a Platinum Pick Em dorito for getting every pick correctly.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
wait are trophys special stickers for guns? or just pointless things that sit in your inventory

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

They go by your name on the scoreboard like coins. The greatest trick gaben ever pulled was getting people to spend $10+ for Fantasy CS

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Antares posted:

They go by your name on the scoreboard like coins. The greatest trick gaben ever pulled was getting people to spend $10+ for Fantasy CS

Pretty much this, yeah. It's a cool thing if you're into collecting your favorite player's items and poo poo. Otherwise the pick 'em trophies all look like garbo.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Some nights you play well, some nights you play like poo poo. When the latter happens, immediately mute.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
So this just happened. The other team turned out to be LEM/SMFC. Are players seriously this loving bad at these ranks?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Skill levels in LEM-ish range are all over the goddamnned board at this point. I've seen LEs who are some of the most amazing aimers I've ever seen, and then play a SMFC the next game who sucks rear end. I just don't even know.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Turk February posted:

So this just happened. The other team turned out to be LEM/SMFC. Are players seriously this loving bad at these ranks?

post the game before that :v:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Turk February posted:

Yeah but you have Shadowlz on your team and he's a convicted cheater. I saw the demos.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

OMFG this just made it so much easier to click on heads, only I use
code:
cl_crosshairalpha "255";cl_crosshaircolor "4";cl_crosshaircolor_b "250";cl_crosshaircolor_r "50";cl_crosshaircolor_g "250";
because I find it easier to see

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

post the game before that :v:

Oh, you mean the one where we lost 14-16 because one of the other guys was WALLING?!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Yeah but you have Shadowlz on your team and he's a convicted cheater. I saw the demos.

lol whut

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015

lol scrub

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Dot only crosshair for life.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I'm at 13 in a row t-side first inferno halfs. I skip a night and get 5 screenshots from my friends of starting CT first. Start up a game this morning, 8 maps on the queue. T side first inferno.

How do I carry this side? Somebody please tell me.

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

nova is op

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Minesweep posted:

nova is op

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Loutre posted:

I'm at 13 in a row t-side first inferno halfs. I skip a night and get 5 screenshots from my friends of starting CT first. Start up a game this morning, 8 maps on the queue. T side first inferno.

How do I carry this side? Somebody please tell me.

Be the king of banana. Learn all the solo tricks of getting the CT's to spend all of their utility and push them back in site or killing a few right off the bat. Gives you a lot of options later in the round.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'm not feeling the role of King of Banana, I'm more like a Duke of Coils.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
we need more cs go maps with elevators or boxes that explode when the bomb goes off or levels that change slightly based on rng because i enjoy playing weird maps.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Shayu posted:

we need more cs go maps with elevators or boxes that explode when the bomb goes off or levels that change slightly based on rng because i enjoy playing weird maps.

I do not agree.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
If you queue with 3-4 friends, you are very likely to be given T side on biased maps.

Not a myth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
Yay! I got promoted to master guardian! The vibes in the teams have been better than ever the last ~10 games I've played. So much more fun nowadays compared to the dark days of silver.

• Locked thread