Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
The guild element seems to unlock a set of missions that get you points, which later count towards a weekly reward. I'm liking the game, though the waiting is a bit frustrating at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
I've applied to what I think is the right guild. Had 3/20 opposed to 18/20. Might want to stick something in the description to make it easier to spot.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Roid666 posted:

Yup needs connection I'm afraid. Applied to guild again. 3 members this time!

Lame. Does anyone have any good game suggestions that don't require an Internet connection? Not puzzle games as a preference as I don't really like them

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Kitchner posted:

Lame. Does anyone have any good game suggestions that don't require an Internet connection? Not puzzle games as a preference as I don't really like them

I don't know for sure if Motorsport Manager does but that was a good time earlier this year. That's my only non-puzzle non-data game on my phone currently aside from emulators.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Just finished mission 6 of chapter 4 in TWD: NML. I forget the name of it, but there's multiple gates that have to be opened and each section has body piles that spawn walkers every turn. I only just figured out that you can close the gates after you collect the supplies.

The bruiser has definitely grown on me. I started using them because my scouts would be heavily injured. Using stunned zombies to block off choke points is a good strategy. Also a stunned walker can essentially be a killed walker, especially if they are stunned for two turns and you just move on. The big zombies that can stun you seem to always shrug off stuns though.

I'm also thinking about not upgrading equipment at all due to the long upgrade times and having to upgrade the workshop. It might be easier to just not worry about it and just keep your team in the best gear you have and concentrate on leveling them up. Although some of the bonuses are pretty good. I had a level 2 rifle I didn't get rid of for a bit because it had the widened area of effectiveness bonus.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Mr Newsman posted:

Sproggiwood is really fun but I suck at playing the vampire (or he really sucks).

Enthrall is just a terrible yeti depending on what mob you enthrall and a lot of times for boss fights there aren't any strong guys to thrall so you end up toe to toe with the boss.

Boo.

Enthrall would be much better if it didn't cost hitpoints and stamina, the opportunity cost for seems too high.

Admittedly I haven't played with scarecrow at all so maybe that would help.

Another thing you can do if a particular level is giving you trouble as a certain class is bring an identity crisis potion, drink it immediately upon spawning, and see what abilities you get at your first level-up. If they're lovely, die and try again until you get a vampire with some amazing mix of wizard and warrior abilities then clean house. Despite being labeled "consumables," if you buy one at the store you now have it to permanently choose as your starting consumable. I didn't realize that for a while and thought you were purchasing a single use of said consumable. Scroll of pottery is also good to keep in your back pocket to deal with a huge slime horde or those stupid mushrooms that spawn monster closets.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
A new Humble Mobile bundle has launched, but I don't think it looks very interesting.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I think Block Legend made a bit of a splash in the old thread, but I remember it being pretty shallow. I'm tempted for Ys, though. I feel like it's something I'm supposed to have played, but I haven't yet.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I seem to recall someone mentioning a guild for Dragon Heroes, but I can't find the post. Are any of you guys still playing at all?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Parenthesis posted:

A new Humble Mobile bundle has launched, but I don't think it looks very interesting.

I think it's probably the best bundle in a while. Space Marshals is absolutely fantastic and is easily one of my favorite mobile games; its hands down the best game in the bundle. Alone is also pretty fun (though as a runner there's not much to the game), while I've heard good things about Outwitters and that Ys port is apparently quite decent if you're into JRPGs. Block Legend is also fun but I also remember the gameplay being quite shallow too.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 3, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

Made for mobile Blood Bowl spin-off game Blood Bowl Kerrunch is out on the Play Store.

Anyone tried this out yet? I don't have high hopes because Cyanide is behind it, but I'm still interested.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I'm in the mood for an old-school puzzle game. In particular I would like to play Puzzle Bobble again, but from a quick glance at the play store everything is free and somewhat low quality or riddled with terrible stamina/IAP bullshit. Among the stuff there, can anyone recommend anything of the titles in particular?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If you ever wanted to play a game set inside a pop-up picture book, very pretty puzzle adventure Tengami is now out for Android.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I think Block Legend made a bit of a splash in the old thread, but I remember it being pretty shallow. I'm tempted for Ys, though. I feel like it's something I'm supposed to have played, but I haven't yet.

Ive played a different Ys title before and while it was really fun its a fast paced and pretty difficult action game, the one in the bundle looks similar. I wouldnt bother unless youre planning on using a controller, touch screen on a game that needs a lot of fine control could be miserable.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Octodad: Dadliest Catch has hilariously stumbled its way onto Android today. While it does support gamepads, the game has all new touch controls which to my pleasant surprise are actually not complete garbage.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

mrkillboy posted:

Octodad: Dadliest Catch has hilariously stumbled its way onto Android today. While it does support gamepads, the game has all new touch controls which to my pleasant surprise are actually not complete garbage.

Isn't the controls being (designed) garbage the point?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Has anyone played Farming Simulator 2016? I'm curious if this game is at all worth picking up, and if it runs alright on my Nexus 5.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Billy Gnosis posted:

Isn't the controls being (designed) garbage the point?

Well yeah but I assumed trying to rework them for touchscreens would just give it an extra layer of frustration.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

mrkillboy posted:

Well yeah but I assumed trying to rework them for touchscreens would just give it an extra layer of frustration.

I played the Mac version with multitouch trackpad support and it was amazing. Can't imagine playing it any other way.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Are there any decent management/sim games for Android that don't have IAP/artificial time gating? Something like the Kairosoft games but on a bigger scale and with more depth.

Also, has anyone tried the Android port of This War of Mine? I remember the PC version being pretty good.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Foxhound posted:

Are there any decent management/sim games for Android that don't have IAP/artificial time gating? Something like the Kairosoft games but on a bigger scale and with more depth.

Also, has anyone tried the Android port of This War of Mine? I remember the PC version being pretty good.

Open TTD is the only good one I've been able to find, but that's really just a port of a PC game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Foxhound posted:

Its pretty great and the touch controls work really well. It's for tablets only at the moment but an update that adds smartphone support will be out any day now.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Solvency posted:

Open TTD is the only good one I've been able to find, but that's really just a port of a PC game.

Transport tycoon is a ttd game that is made for your fone so it doesn't make you angry like open ttd.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Solvency posted:

Has anyone played Farming Simulator 2016? I'm curious if this game is at all worth picking up, and if it runs alright on my Nexus 5.

Double post n I don't care.. mostly because multiquote with phone app isn't there is it?

I had 2015 and it was fun for a bit.. 2016 adds the tree farming. It's probably worth grabbing for a time killer.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mrkillboy posted:

Why is it tagged "young horses"?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Because that's the name of the developer?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone looking forward to playing Anno 2205 on your phone? Well you can't but Ubisoft has a match 3 game for you instead!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Anyone looking forward to playing Anno 2205 on your phone? Well you can't but Ubisoft has a match 3 game for you instead!

Sweet.. was just thinking I needed an anno themed match 3 game.. I mean there's so few match 3 games out there 1 more is a blessing, I beat all the other ones.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Pro Strategy Football is finally out for Android. It basically lets you handle all aspects of play calling (e.g. formations, routes, primary receivers, blocking, etc) and then simulates the outcome.
It also lets you manage teams, but I can't comment on that part because I haven't tried it yet.

So far, I've been having a blast with it - if you like football strategy and don't need fancy graphics, you pretty much can't go wrong with this.

There are plans to eventually add (asynchronous) online multi-player (which was already part of the iOS version), but that's probably ways off and may end up being part of next season's version or something, so don't quote me on it. Functionality to edit team and player names is supposed to be patched in later this year, in case the Pittsburgh RB being called Beall upsets you. Stats actually reflect the real teams, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.batts.career2015
Note that there's two versions. The one I linked is the 'Career' version which includes team management, but there's also a version that lets you play the 2015 season and exhibition matches, but won't let you manage teams.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Badly Jester posted:

Pro Strategy Football is finally out for Android. It basically lets you handle all aspects of play calling (e.g. formations, routes, primary receivers, blocking, etc) and then simulates the outcome.
It also lets you manage teams, but I can't comment on that part because I haven't tried it yet.

So far, I've been having a blast with it - if you like football strategy and don't need fancy graphics, you pretty much can't go wrong with this.

There are plans to eventually add (asynchronous) online multi-player (which was already part of the iOS version), but that's probably ways off and may end up being part of next season's version or something, so don't quote me on it. Functionality to edit team and player names is supposed to be patched in later this year, in case the Pittsburgh RB being called Beall upsets you. Stats actually reflect the real teams, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.batts.career2015
Note that there's two versions. The one I linked is the 'Career' version which includes team management, but there's also a version that lets you play the 2015 season and exhibition matches, but won't let you manage teams.

Is the core game is identical between both versions?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Dodoman posted:

Is the core game is identical between both versions?

Yeah, actual games play the same, though I guess the Career version also lends itself towards just simming the games so you can go through seasons quickly, whereas the other one is good for either replaying the 2015 over and over (you can play all of the games each week, you're not locked into a team) or just setting up quick matches.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

For the three or so people still playing Kill Me Again, it turns out the "patches" all live in the cache for some reason. So yeah, that's where your 1.13 gigs went.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Shooty Skies, an endless shoot 'em up by some of the devs of Crossy Road is now out for Android.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
random Seven Knights question: is it possible to sell multiple heroes at a time? the only way i can see is going to each individual character and selling them BUT THAT ISN'T PRODUCTIVE ENOUGH.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Foxhound posted:

Fiz is quite good with no microtransactions. Pay once and you've got the entire thing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Suntan Boy posted:

For the three or so people still playing Kill Me Again, it turns out the "patches" all live in the cache for some reason. So yeah, that's where your 1.13 gigs went.

I stopped because the load times were too long. A poop game needs to take under 1 min to load. Not check for updates hold, loading, click around slow menu for mission, loading.. now I'm done with half my poop.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Drone posted:

Fiz is quite good with no microtransactions. Pay once and you've got the entire thing.

Fiz is amazing and I personally found it much better than Kairosoft games in just about every way.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

big mean giraffe posted:

Fiz is amazing and I personally found it much better than Kairosoft games in just about every way.

If you haven't played since when it first came out, there were a few quality of life improvements like cloud saving added.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Suicide Pacmen posted:

random Seven Knights question: is it possible to sell multiple heroes at a time? the only way i can see is going to each individual character and selling them BUT THAT ISN'T PRODUCTIVE ENOUGH.

No, there isn't. Just use those annoying 1* to feed your elementals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
How is Fantasy War Tactics? Just gave it a try and I noticed there is no character gatcha only equipment.

Any tips on how to not waste gems?