Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

the sad truth is, until you get an epic pet (still a lot of work, but soon to have a lot less roadblocks) you're a coth/modrod bitch. with faction in the right zones, magicians can do some crazy pulls too. for instance having an epiced factioned mage allows us to fight the chardok bosses at the zone-in, and do some sneaky things in kael.

They actual let you dps with an epic pet or do you just send it in and cast more mod rods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

that stuff doesn't even have stats!

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Gear on Red doesn't have stats. It's part of the price you pay for the exp bonus.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Awesome! I can get you guys (or anyone) in on a raid sometime if you want to see what we're about before you apply if you want, too.

My cleric is 53, TDome tagged though. I would be down for raiding after this week.

Also close to 50 druid.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
Ainwein PL'ed me to 25 and hooked me up with gear and spells. The guy is a goon hero. 25 in like a day?!? ~*my sock runeth over*~

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Zaphod42 posted:

Is there a tunnel market on Red? If so people would just roll through and murder everybody, right? So I'm guessing you're just vendoring everything?

Everyone mules everything on random leveled characters at freeport bank and trades from there using global ooc. Some people pvp there but it's not bad if your mule is under level 50.

FranktheBank posted:

My cleric is 53, TDome tagged though. I would be down for raiding after this week.

Also close to 50 druid.

Awesome! Message Blackzilla in game (or Anime if it's later next week when I'm unsuspended) and I'll hook you up! Or you can message Darkdeath/Xepiz/Jjlent/Toleez in game and tell them I sent you their way.

Maed posted:

They actual let you dps with an epic pet or do you just send it in and cast more mod rods?

Epic magicians are some of the best dps classes in the game and there's a lot of benefits to having the damage come from a pet. Magicians become PvE monsters when they get their epic pets (still poo poo in PvP)

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 5, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Prestidigitator%27s_Robe
http://wiki.project1999.com/Wolf_Caller%27s_Breastplate
http://wiki.project1999.com/Prestidigitator's_Sleeves

here's the ones we turned in already :)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If Everquest PVP sucks, and PVP almost never happens on the Red server anyway, and the Blue server has a much larger population, what are the reason to play on Red rather than Blue?

(I just started on blue around a month ago so it's not too late to switch)

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 5, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

If Everquest PVP sucks, and PVP almost never happens on the Red server anyway, and the Blue server has a much larger population, what are the reason to play on Red rather than Blue?

when you hit level 60, the blue raiding scene is spending hours waiting for 1 npc to spawn, which you kill in about a minute, and you're waiting in line behind 100's of people for loot. a year or two later when you get all the cool loot, the only thing it's good for is standing in the EC tunnel and showing off to people who are AFK.

red server is running around killing dragons with your bro's, because there's a lot less competition for targets and guilds don't have "rights" to them before they even spawn. Anyone can kill any mob and contest other guilds with PvP. There's always something fun to do with enough players on.

more importantly, even if you choose not to partake or care about pvp, just having it on the server forces people to form friendships/rivalries/etc that actually mean something. i never felt that on blue99/ayonae ro/xegony.

even on the lower end there are huge benefits, such as not having to wait for camps, usually having as many camps as your group can handle available in any zone, not having to wait in massive welfare-lines for items like holgresh elder beads/alliance necks, etc.
8th ring is usually booked out a week on blue, and half the time it isn't camped on red.

exp's really quick over here, you can be 60 getting nToV gear in a month if you're active.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 5, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

NotWearingPants posted:

Red is nice for a quick fix due to the XP bonus and is worth trying to see if you like it simply because it doesn't take nearly the time investment to level up.

Blue has a much better community for most players (less toxic shitlords at all levels), a much more live-server-like population (600-1400 vs 50-200), more groups available in more zones, and the raid scene is much improved due to Velious - there's 8 or so guilds getting kills on a regular basis (vs 1 guild getting almost everything it wants with 1 other getting some scraps). Also, it doesn't have PVP which is a plus IMO, as EQ PVP is largely unfun unless you've got the resources to group/gear up and gank/harrass/grief other players for your own enjoyment.

I've played on both and prefer blue long term, but red can definitely fun in shorter doses.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I guess I should try both then.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

I guess I should try both then.

Both servers have their ups and downs, this really is the best idea especially since you don't have a *ton* of time committed. Would suck to get invested in one server and then realize you like the other better. Worst case scenario, you're allowed to 2box between red and blue, so it gives you something to do whenever you need to auction in EC if you decide you like blue the best :)

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

NotWearingPants posted:

If Everquest PVP sucks
I don't think it sucks - it's just not balanced, at all.

Classes that are terrible at PVP like Warriors and Shaman still are vital in PVE. Dedicated PVPers still need gear and epics.

The biggest challenge is that starting off on Red means you're up against people who have years of a head start on you. It's insurmountable for a long time, so you just have to get used to running, hiding and surviving.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
another 13 pieces of loot from 3 hours of NTOV tonight, including a soon-to-be server first (p99 first?) bard skyshrine BP. good thing a bunch of you guys who applied play druids, we're running out of people to give leather gear to! all these drops means there will be a lot of gem farming going on in the near future, which is a great opportunity for people on the 50-60 stretch to get EXP!

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 5, 2015

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
If I didnt have buddies who played on blue i'd probably give red a more serious try. The other reason I played more on blue is p1999 has been a nostalgia trip and blue seems more in line with the classic experience for me than red (despite non-classic game play elements, such as chardok proxies and swarm kiting).

I must say though, I am tempted to give red a more serious shot and have been wanting to recreate my magician.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

another 13 pieces of loot from 3 hours of NTOV tonight, including a soon-to-be server first (p99 first?) bard skyshrine BP. good thing a bunch of you guys who applied play druids, we're running out of people to give leather gear to! all these drops means there will be a lot of gem farming going on in the near future, which is a great opportunity for people on the 50-60 stretch to get EXP!
Whoa whoa whoa, I'm happy goons are having fun in TMO on red but lets not get too crazy with the propaganda. You aren't killing anything in NToV (that would be Empire), you're farming armor mobs in EToV. There's a bajillion Skyshrine BPs of all stripe on blue and the only reason you might have the first one on Red is that Empire bards are too busy destroying their CoV faction on NToV mobs and getting sleeper's keys to be bothered with them.

That said, I really do hope some goons go check this out cause it's a good time to be new on red and TMO is a great guild for players new to the high level scene.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm happy goons are having fun in TMO on red but lets not get too crazy with the propaganda. You aren't killing anything in NToV (that would be Empire), you're farming armor mobs in EToV. There's a bajillion Skyshrine BPs of all stripe on blue and the only reason you might have the first one on Red is that Empire bards are too busy destroying their CoV faction on NToV mobs and getting sleeper's keys to be bothered with them.

That said, I really do hope some goons go check this out cause it's a good time to be new on red and TMO is a great guild for players new to the high level scene.

Bro I'm server first rogue with full SS quest armor. Just kidding. I'm pretty sure TMO had to beg empire to let them kill in EToV, didn't they?

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
I started on Red in 2014 and took about 6 months off (left before Velious came out) and just came back 3ish days ago. I lost interest originally because I was tired of getting ganked constantly as an unguilded 55+, and there was NOTHING to look forward to if you didn't want to join Holo/Empire and get uncontested pixels that you could then use to grief the other 30% of the server that's not in your guild. I can't see that anything has changed.

The primary issue with this server is that it's dominated by a bunch of man-children who have failed miserably at life so they dump their entire existence into the box. I started EQ in 2001 - I was 16 years old. Keeping a high raid attendance was pretty easy. Getting a text at 3a to hop on for a kill wasn't a huge deal.

Fast forward 15 years... I'm 30. I have a job, and I can't even begin to keep up with that schedule (nor do I have any desire to). But a lot of the folks on p1999 (And the people who dominate the scene, for sure) can and do. This means that you will never ever be able to compete from a gear advantage, which is exactly what you see now. Nevermind the massive difference in warm bodies. The result is that the #2 guild is left with HoT and maybe WToV scraps. And that's only if Empire decides to play nice on that particular night. I think we all like and fondly remember EQ because of the 'hardcore' aspects of it, but the reason that the modern MMO has evolved past this is because most of us have aged out of this lifestyle. p1999 is like a snapshot in time in that regard.

I'll still poke around on red because I find it enjoyable if I can get a group and just be left alone, but I here's how I see things:

1. Don't bother coming for PVP. Aside from the fact that EQ PvP is just hilarious broken and dumb, at 50+ the guild you are most likely to run into also happens to have the best gear by far. If you're lucky, maybe you'll just run into a Friends group. There's no amount of grinding that is going to make you competitive against people with ST/NToV gear. Sorry.

2. Don't bother coming for PVE either. Right now, one guild dominates everything. The 2nd guild has to beg to do anything, and Empire could stop them at any time. Last night people sat around for an hour past raid time waiting for Empire to decide to stop killing them.

3. Most of us are probably light years beyond the average player on p1999 when it comes to maturity and just being an adult in general. The servers/occ/general server culture are dominated by the type of folks who maintain 100% raid attendance. This produces predictable results. It's beyond cringe-worthy.

4. DO come for the XP bonus. It rocks, and if you want to try a new class, or see some zones you've never seen before, this can be a compelling reason to give Red a shot.

I definitely want goons to check it out, and I have and will continue to help PL anyone who comes over to give it a try, but let's be realistic. There is no raid competition, there is no real pvp competition, everyone is retarded, and the only way that TMO or anyone will get a chance at #1 is if/when Empire is finally tired of farming the same old poo poo week after week and moves on.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

ChadBroChill17 posted:

4. DO come for the XP bonus. It rocks, and if you want to try a new class, or see some zones you've never seen before, this can be a compelling reason to give Red a shot.

If you want to do this, I'd recommend just popping into Live - provided that zone hasn't been revamped. And I don't think any of the actual dungeons got a revamp beyond mechanics/loot, did they? So it'd still basically look the same.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

If you want to do this, I'd recommend just popping into Live - provided that zone hasn't been revamped. And I don't think any of the actual dungeons got a revamp beyond mechanics/loot, did they? So it'd still basically look the same.

Some have. Though live is kinda awesome for quickly getting a nostalgia fix.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Running through with my geared out 85 bard isn't as fun as doing it with a lovely 58 druid in all droppable loot!

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Awesome! Message Blackzilla in game (or Anime if it's later next week when I'm unsuspended) and I'll hook you up! Or you can message Darkdeath/Xepiz/Jjlent/Toleez in game and tell them I sent you their way.

Funny to see DD and Zee mentioned in here. I used to have fun with them on BlueP99, before TMO crashed and burned. I've thought about getting on my 50 bard on red - haven't really experience Velious yet.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yeah I meant eToV, missed that late night phonepost autocorrect :(

We have an agreement with empire that we farm ToV on different nights in exchange for not contesting a few spawns, don't read too hard into the forums questing. It's mutually beneficial, since we're the only force on the server even close to being capable of contesting them for, or shutting them out of content (we're just not interested in doing so) and they need the high-volume loot from eToV to placate their masses who aren't the ones in cliques or 70%+ attendance regularly seeing big ticket loot. We had no issues farming eToV before this agreement ever happened and you'd be foolish to believe Empire isn't benefiting from it as well.

quote:

Last night people sat around for an hour past raid time waiting for Empire to decide to stop killing them.
The delay was actually due to Empire having trouble finishing up their PvE on time. PvP happened while people got bored of waiting for 1 mage to coth 70+ people.

Empire's the only/obvious choice if you want the best pixels and don't care how long you're waiting in line to see them. But I'm well aware that there are a lot of goons playing/returning who aren't interested in Empire. TMO offers an alternative for players who want to play with a smaller tight knit crew that's still capable of doing velious PvE content at a laid back pace. Nobody else on the server is really going anywhere.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 5, 2015

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Anyone familiar with any of the blue guilds? I started playing my 55 mage again, and I've had a couple people try to recruit me, but I'm not sure what any of the guilds are like. I don't really want to get into poopsock raiding, and my schedule can be rather erratic at times. Don't really want to join a guild with the wrong expectations.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Bybus Slago posted:

Anyone familiar with any of the blue guilds? I started playing my 55 mage again, and I've had a couple people try to recruit me, but I'm not sure what any of the guilds are like. I don't really want to get into poopsock raiding, and my schedule can be rather erratic at times. Don't really want to join a guild with the wrong expectations.

There are a few goons in BDA and one of my RL friends is in BDA so I hear good things. They have a lot of people so not showing up won't make or break a raid. Also, they run on loot council.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I moved house a month ago, and when we got broadband up and running I have found I have no more desire to log into red with my bard Toccata.
It's a shame really, I love that bard but I just don't want to play anymore. May have something to do with being in a new house, lots of things to do. I may let my good friend have my account. He will be wondering where I have got too.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Bybus Slago posted:

Rampage is the top guild by a huge margin, the only guild in sleepers and gets the vast majority of top tier kills.

Forsaken, Asgard, Taken are basically the same guild right now combining forces to try and compete with Rampage. They get kills but have a history of raid suspensions and members being banned for trains and whatnot. These alliances never last long but it basically applies to all three guilds.

Divinity is a fantastic guild. They go back a long time and are probably one of the least controversial guilds on the server.

BDA/OMNI/Azure Guard are pretty casual but get lower tier boss kills.

Those are most of the bigger guilds unless I forgot anyone.

The only guilds that really poopsock anymore are Forsaken, Asgard, and Taken. They do it because it's the only way for them to compete with Rampage which basically forces Rampage to do it as well. There are a lot less things you can poopsock in velious but even so it wont last long. "FAT" members will burn out then stop showing up like what happened right after launch.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Bybus Slago posted:

Rampage is poopsock tier and also gets the most nice things.

Forsaken leans towards poopsock tier and gets the next most nice things (joint raids with a variety of other guilds to make this happen).

BDA Asgard Taken Divinity are all more casual but still compete for most mobs. There are poopsockers in all these guilds but there's a lower concentration and you could conceivably get loot someday as a filthy casual.

Azure Guard OMNI and Anonymous all get some kills too, but aren't nearly as competitive. These might be more your speed if you would prefer to have mostly casual guildmates, but you could also end up frustrated if you're hoping to have a shot at killing all the big cool Velious mobs.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007

quote:

We have an agreement with empire that we farm ToV on different nights in exchange for not contesting a few spawns, don't read too hard into the forums questing. It's mutually beneficial, since we're the only force on the server even close to being capable of contesting them for, or shutting them out of content (we're just not interested in doing so) and they need the high-volume loot from eToV to placate their masses who aren't the ones in cliques or 70%+ attendance regularly seeing big ticket loot. We had no issues farming eToV before this agreement ever happened and you'd be foolish to believe Empire isn't benefiting from it as well.

I'm just playing devil's advocate (And FWIW, I tagged with TMO yesterday), but unless I'm completely missing something, there's absolutely nothing TMO could do to contest Empire, period. Every time they've tried they get beat down (It's a zerg that was farming VP for years. To be expected), and this 'agreement' seems pretty much like Empire saying 'We won't kill you if you want Dozekar loot, because we catch so much poo poo for snuffing out any possible competition and the server is dying'. If they decided to reneg on the agreement, they could push TMO out of the one section of the one zone in Velious that they've given them permission to raid in with zero consequence (Although I think we got Vindi once so woo). And this is before everyone of their mains/alts is running around with primals, which no one outside of that guild will probably ever see.

NToV is a loot pinata. If you add in WToV, Kael, ST, Growth, Dain, and all that good stuff... I can't imagine that they care about the pain in the rear end quests in HoT. That's not taking into consideration the fact that their entire guild is killing dragons all day, so no idea how they'd do turn ins.

(gently caress Empire)

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

ChadBroChill17 posted:

I'm just playing devil's advocate (And FWIW, I tagged with TMO yesterday), but unless I'm completely missing something, there's absolutely nothing TMO could do to contest Empire, period. Every time they've tried they get beat down (It's a zerg that was farming VP for years. To be expected), and this 'agreement' seems pretty much like Empire saying 'We won't kill you if you want Dozekar loot, because we catch so much poo poo for snuffing out any possible competition and the server is dying'. If they decided to reneg on the agreement, they could push TMO out of the one section of the one zone in Velious that they've given them permission to raid in with zero consequence (Although I think we got Vindi once so woo). And this is before everyone of their mains/alts is running around with primals, which no one outside of that guild will probably ever see.

NToV is a loot pinata. If you add in WToV, Kael, ST, Growth, Dain, and all that good stuff... I can't imagine that they care about the pain in the rear end quests in HoT. That's not taking into consideration the fact that their entire guild is killing dragons all day, so no idea how they'd do turn ins.

(gently caress Empire)

No, thank you for playing devil's advocate, the last thing I want to do is misrepresent <TMO> to you guys. I'm making these posts because based on my time as officer and unofficial stint as leader of <SLAMDUNKATRON> I feel like this guild is a good fit for a lot of the goons I used to play with in dunk. I waited 6+ months before pimping <TMO> out to goons, just to be sure. I don't get pixels or special favors or anything for recruiting people.
Disclaimer: we harbor a few genuinely awful nerd personas, but the vast majority of the cringeworthy members are inactive at this point, and it's not like you'll find less aspergers in any other guild that isn't Slosh. We're the pickiest guild on the server when it comes to membership (sans small guilds like Slosh) but unlike slamdunkatron, we tolerate massive nerds if they have enough level 60 characters and help people and stuff. Really the only thing I dislike about this guild, but it's necessary to get anything done + worse everywhere else on the server.

quote:

Every time they've tried they get beat down (It's a zerg that was farming VP for years. To be expected), and this 'agreement' seems pretty much like Empire saying 'We won't kill you if you want Dozekar loot, because we catch so much poo poo for snuffing out any possible competition and the server is dying'.

You're missing a lot of the picture. Hell, I am too, really the only people who's word should be taken are the people making these decisions (colgate, darkdeath)
But from my perspective, back when <TMO> was getting crushed and barred from content by <Empire> there were several key differences. Back then <Empire> had a strong vested interest in crushing <TMO> before they got off the ground, due to forumquesting and broken promises made by Tiggles. In addition we ignored their warnings and harbored many players such as the <Friends> core which <Empire> warned us would change their stance towards us. Poor choices were made & that's probably why the people who made them are no longer with us. Members of the leadership who were actually capable of starting a guild from nothing + make good, smart decisions like Darkdeath gained more power/influence and the guild's improved vastly since.

All of those people <Empire> doesn't like, Tiggles included, are gone and <Empire> has largely forgiven us, as we have seen the error of our ways (as a red player, I was also warning <TMO> leadership about these players from the beginning)

In addition our playerbase was largely unorganized and in rags. Back then we could count on having members in our raids relaying our raid directives to <Empire> leadership, intentionally training/wiping us from within the guild, etc. There wasn't a single PvP fight with <Empire> where they didn't get to cherry pick their encounters and catch us off guard. A force of two or three organized groups can easily destroy a force of 50 who are engaging a raid NPC.

In the time since, we've largely culled the thin-skinned, untrustworthy, and plain bad players from our guild. Many of the remaining core players have rerolled and we have greatly improved our class composition. We've acquired significantly better gear -- we're starting to gear alts with PoG/ToV gear while back then our players were lucky to have planar armor. With classic revamps in, and kunark revamps coming soon a lot of opportunities have arisen for us to acquire key PvP items that had been previously unavailable to us. We're the only other guild on the server who can send out a twitter post and get 30+ people to log on, and they know it. It's a no brainer that in an empty zone 70 of them would crush 30 of us in an instant, but it would only take a few small groups of us to bar them out of any content we wish (except sleeper's, no keys) if that was something we wanted to do. But as a whole none of us really give a poo poo about doing that and we don't have any interest in rocking the boat -- we have a pretty good thing going for ourselves.

Keep in mind when I'm talking about these guilds, I mean to say I'm talking about their leadership -- the opinions and beliefs of both guilds' playerbases is much different.

tl;dr <TMO> isn't the same guild it was a couple months ago. Wow i feel like a pathetic nerd for typing all of that.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 6, 2015

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Bybus Slago posted:

You can join Kittens Who Say Meow and when you log in you say Meow in guildchat and everyone says Meow or Purrr back to you.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Wow i feel like a pathetic nerd for typing all of that.

You're in a thread for a 16 year old MMO emulator. This is a judgement free zone.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
same

But seriously, I always enjoy the peeks at inner workings of guilds from people who are active and invested. I honestly wish we'd get them more often from goons because anything that even remotely smacked of this much sincerity would be on rnf in about 3 replies on the official forums.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
So the only problem I currently see with shacking up with TMO is that my crew currently has Pandemonium on farm status

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

I Love You! posted:

So the only problem I currently see with shacking up with TMO is that my crew currently has Pandemonium on farm status

You only have to stop killing them if you take the tag ;)

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I recently picked up Blizzent's fang and would like to turn it in for the sweet sword in Kael, however I am of course on dwarf faction. As an enchanter my first thought was that I'd be able to charm the quest NPC for the hand in, as he is level 50 and you can charm mobs up to 51. Does anyone know if this can be done, or am I looking at a retarded faction grind if I want the sword? I'm only 47 myself so I'd enlist the aid of a higher level enchanter.

Edit: Also, I petitioned Patoso, level 60 druid, for training and killing me because he thought I was trying to contest his camp and have yet to receive any reply. Are the guides/GMs very active on Blue?

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 6, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Meatgrinder posted:

Edit: Also, I petitioned Patoso, level 60 druid, for training and killing me because he thought I was trying to contest his camp and have yet to receive any reply. Are the guides/GMs very active on Blue?

There's been serious GM drama lately and I think a ton of people left or have stopped showing up. I get the feeling its just like one or two people right now trying to cover everybody and not having nearly enough time. They'll probably get around to you eventually but it might be awhile?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Had a pretty sweet time in Dragon Necropolis after today's ToV sesh. 7 Velious breastplate gem drops, 10+ Circlet of the Falinkan's and Vaniki spawned twice netting us a pair of Willsappers

quote:

There's a bajillion Skyshrine BPs of all stripe on blue and the only reason you might have the first one on Red is that Empire bards are too busy destroying their CoV faction on NToV mobs and getting sleeper's keys to be bothered with them.

looked it up, and I wasn't wrong! we had the p99 first orange robes! and I think there's still some other ToV firsts left to beat the blue server to.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I watched a YouTube of someone who got into a CoM group, he was a shaman so he would buff, slow, and sit on his rear end staring at the same three walls for 2 hours. drat if I didn't watch the entire drat thing, I got nostalgia for EQ pretty bad, the question is what class to play, originally I played shaman, they were pretty popular and had SoW (The best spell in the game) but I definitely wanna mix it up for 99. my choices are as follows.

Enchanter/Cleric both highly sought after they are both casters, Gate/Bind is so nice to have. I'm not a fan of their complete lack of solo ability, I don't care how good I am, but I at least wanna solo a few blues while I wait for a group.

Druid, I was always jealous of druids when I played, snare kiting seems fun the a fore mentioned best spell in the game, and ports.

Warrior, I would pick up only dependent on their popularity in groups, I picked up a tank in WoW and have always been a fan of that position, but the lack of any convince spells/abilities make them not my first choice. Paladin maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Enchanters are one of the best solo classes once you get some levels and enough cha gear to charm reliably. Clerics can solo undead for XP but that's about it. Warrior is definitely a bad choice for a first class if you actually want to do any tanking as you won't hold aggro worth a drat without gear. SK/Pal are much better first character tank options.

Druid is a great first class to get enough plat to finance gear on other classes, and they can make money using track and their outdoor solo skills to farm items or just port for donations. They solo quite well outdoors and even charm solo using animals in a select few areas at higher levels. However, they are not very desirable in groups, especially at higher levels. That's what I'd recommend to play first, you can always switch it up later.