Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Leos Klein posted:

Created my Japanese love live account on Sunday and was able to grind out 150 love gems and 5 blue tickets and all I got was 5 super rares :negative:
How the hell do some people get those ridiculous pulls with multiple ultra rares and super rares??

Oh and what's this shop menu with gold silver and red badges? do you trade in your unwanted idols for the ones you want?

I've gotten the Red Badges by feeding my dupe R idols to each other for skillups.

I assume SRs give Silver Badges and URs give Gold Badges.

I think you can then trade the Badges for Idols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Leos Klein posted:

Created my Japanese love live account on Sunday and was able to grind out 150 love gems and 5 blue tickets and all I got was 5 super rares :negative:
How the hell do some people get those ridiculous pulls with multiple ultra rares and super rares??

Oh and what's this shop menu with gold silver and red badges? do you trade in your unwanted idols for the ones you want?

I have really good luck with gatcha games. And yeah, the seal shop is how Zepia described it. An idolized version will get you 2 seals, but promo cards don't give you anything. You can also buy tickets and idols with seals.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Leos Klein posted:

drat that's a lot of love gems in 4 days. I clearly suck at this game.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ChubbyThePhat posted:

drat that's a lot of love gems in 4 days. I clearly suck at this game.

There are more love gems available in JP. There are more normals, and ranks up to 100 require half XP, so the full LP from rank up goes a lot further.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Man, I am loving how many EX songs are available in JP. It's great to have more than handful when grinding tokens. As an added bonus, songs that I'm now good enough to FC are coming back through the rotation faster, so I get a few loveca out of it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the JP version has Achievements, which also award Lovecas.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Normal practice. Feed idol A idol B with the same exact skill as A with at least as high a level in it as A has, and it'll level up guaranteed. If B has a lower skill level, it has a chance to level up, but might not. You still get xp, of course.

Does that work for Leader Skills as well?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Does that work for Leader Skills as well?

Sadly, no. Those never change.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy loving poo poo the KR version of SIF is a buggy piece of poo poo. The loving thing keeps shutting down on me on the title screen.

What's a good Expert song to start off with? I want to try tacklin' them but I'm horrible at staying alive.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Holy loving poo poo the KR version of SIF is a buggy piece of poo poo. The loving thing keeps shutting down on me on the title screen.

What's a good Expert song to start off with? I want to try tacklin' them but I'm horrible at staying alive.

Most of the earlier songs (available to play E/N/H earlier, that is) have easier EX maps. In JP right now, I'd recommend Aishiteru Banzai as the easiest, or maybe Mermaid Festa Vol. 1. Cutie Panther or After School Navigators after those. In EN... oh, never mind.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe I'll go for Cutie Panther cause I love that song.

I don't think I have the right to tackle Aishiteru Banzai or Mermaid when I can't even FC them on Hard.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Mogyutto is a really fun and simple EX chart.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Maybe I'll go for Cutie Panther cause I love that song.

I don't think I have the right to tackle Aishiteru Banzai or Mermaid when I can't even FC them on Hard.

Cutie Panther EX is way harder than it should be, to be honest. In the set mentioned, Aishiteru Banzai's the easiest, and Mermaid Festa Vol 1 is the hardest(or at least the hardest to combo). After School Navigator is a LOT of fun, if you're able to pass it.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There are 6 Nico heavy songs up on the JP EX list right now. Clearly the right choice is to play all of them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

There are 6 Nico heavy songs up on the JP EX list right now. Clearly the right choice is to play all of them.

Yes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Why do EX-only songs even exist!? I thought idols were supposed to bring smiles to people, not destroy them mercilessly.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Can confirm that Afterschool Navigators is a good EX chart to start on. Nico Puri, however, is not.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Magnetic Today EX is rough. I made the mistake of trying random first, which is really rough.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Can confirm that Afterschool Navigators is a good EX chart to start on. Nico Puri, however, is not.

Aku posted:

Cutie Panther EX is way harder than it should be, to be honest. In the set mentioned, Aishiteru Banzai's the easiest, and Mermaid Festa Vol 1 is the hardest(or at least the hardest to combo). After School Navigator is a LOT of fun, if you're able to pass it.

I took this advice and tried Afterschool Navigators and holy poo poo that was fun. I had to watch a video of it first on YouTube to get a grasp of what I would be getting into though.

Not gonna be getting any combos (not even C) anytime soon but that was a blast.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
After School Navigators EX is probably the most fun track to play in the game.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

chat thread is down the one time i want to post something anime in it, so i'm going to post it here since it's the next best place:

check out this dank meme of a rhythm game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVnmTkCOxw

I really want to play it, but the specialized cabinet and Japan means there's slim chances of it ever coming here :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

After School Navigators EX is probably the most fun track to play in the game.

I really really like the parts where it's just a matter of frantically hitting single notes.

My worst enemy is probably the ones where you press down for an extremely short amount of time, like the beginning of Wild Stars Hard.

pandaK posted:

chat thread is down the one time i want to post something anime in it, so i'm going to post it here since it's the next best place:

I really want to play it, but the specialized cabinet and Japan means there's slim chances of it ever coming here :(

That sliding stuff seems so loving cool. I don't think I could ever being to comprehend how to play something of that level.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 8, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

That sliding stuff seems so loving cool. I don't think I could ever being to comprehend how to play something of that level.

The bars on the left and right of the machine sense where your hands are so you have to raise your hands on the green notes. Also lol at the star and (9) pattern sliders.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

pandaK posted:

Wow, that really is dank.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Here's a less memey song where you can see that it actually looks like a more advanced version of Starlight Stage (which in itself is an advanced version of IIDX, but I digress...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVUElCOqKA

Space Flower posted:

Wow, that really is dank.

It's literally called Chunithm, the Japan game is too strong in this man.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

The bars on the left and right of the machine sense where your hands are so you have to raise your hands on the green notes. Also lol at the star and (9) pattern sliders.

My face twisted into a snooty grimace when I saw those slider patterns. Jesus christ Japan. When I go over there with my friends I HAVE to try (and naturally fail) at some of these rhythm games.
I do really want to play Sound Voltex, myself.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I just managed to get into the 100,000 zone in Starlight Stage somehow, so I'm almost certainly going to be squeezed out when it finishes in 2 hours. I got my 15,000 point second Yuko, anyway.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Haha, next Starlight Stage event is another caravan, time for more RNG despair.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Stupid kittens jump up to my lap whenever they hear SIF. Their little heads are cute but get between mine and the screen. Their little paws are cute, but they end in sharp little claws, and they bat at my fingers.

Tiny cats cost me FCs :argh:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Stupid kittens jump up to my lap whenever they hear SIF. Their little heads are cute but get between mine and the screen. Their little paws are cute, but they end in sharp little claws, and they bat at my fingers.

Cats are real achievements, unlike FCs.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

RIP. Minnesota has lost its warmth, and coming home with cold hands has been costing me all the FCs.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Now it's a question of which comes next, Miria's image song, or You're Stars Shine On Me?

Good guess

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I mean, we were getting a steady stream of the main Derem@s cast image songs, so it was bound to be one of those since they hadn't been added yet.

Also I didn't know the name of her image song and I was too lazy to look up its title.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Picked up one of these yesterday. Got a super good deal on it. Thus I begin to assemble my collection...

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytgQIjDxZk

Cool idols are life.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've FCed every song in the Hits category i've unlocked on Hard. I'm a loving Idol destroying monster

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 10, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
But my brain and hands still completely refuse to do this part of Soldier Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJYw9oV-Bc&t=0m58s

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sweet delicious friend points

boom boom boom posted:

Haven't clicked yet but I'm going to guess the lasers

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

It's ok, that part always messes me up too, as well as whenever it pops up in other songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I usually slam this for some reason, but when I get it wrong it's because I try and that quick burst of 3 twice in a row instead of the double and it always gets a good. Dunno if that's helpful at all but that's all I got.