Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pathetic little tramp posted:

Republican Twitter is blowing up right now, wondering why the media never fact checked Hillary's military story:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/15/us/hillary-clinton-says-she-once-tried-to-be-marine.html

lmao Its from 1994's Maureen Dowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

30.5 Days posted:

Unless general westmoreland shows up at the end of that story, it's not really at the same level of talespinng.
I mean at least her story is plausible. Carson didn't even know how West Point works.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

The 18 year old who stabbed four people at UC Merced left behind a detailed plan. He did it because he was angry about being kicked out of a study group. His master plan was to zip cuff students in a classroom to desks, wait for the police, and spray petroleum jelly on the ground so they would slip and fall and he would take their guns and shoot everyone.

The worst part is that anyone could carry out this sort of plan

Passion Lubes Passion Water and Silicone Blend Hybrid Lubricant, 55 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SZ3O6OU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_jFopwbNG8EE4D

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

gullah jack posted:

I mean at least her story is plausible. Carson didn't even know how West Point works.

Ok, now this is where the Carson story could get legs, because attacking Clinton's story would be really loving dumb when it could easily be countered with Carson's. Carson's, on its own, is nothing but it would be put in the spotlight if Clinton was attacked.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

In other news, a woman was arrested at an Applebee's in Minnesota for smashing a mug in the face of a Muslim for speaking Muslim.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Luigi Thirty posted:

The 18 year old who stabbed four people at UC Merced left behind a detailed plan. He did it because he was angry about being kicked out of a study group. His master plan was to zip cuff students in a classroom to desks, wait for the police, and spray petroleum jelly on the ground so they would slip and fall and he would take their guns and shoot everyone.

I'm reading the rest of this now, it's pretty sick. He put a nail on some stairs, attached a curling iron to the doorknob, had a really complicated paint can rig that he was going to swing at the cops, and if they chased him to the boiler room, he apparently had a blowtorch above the door that would fire upon opening

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

In other news, a woman was arrested at an Applebee's in Minnesota for smashing a mug in the face of a Muslim for speaking Muslim.

And that's the news from COON RAPIDS.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

This is to be expected, what he's saying are not serious thought out positions that will stand up to scrutiny; they are carefully crafted soundbites to excite the GOP primary base.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Luigi Thirty posted:

Man, this story really gets me in the 'In my day...' old mentality (and I'm 31). You get kicked out of a study group...and your response is to stab people. Also apparently your favorite movie somehow was Home Alone because you've come up with dumbest loving plan to get your revenge.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Pictured

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Here's a good article from Mike Lofgren detailing the current relationship between conservatives and factual reality.

quote:

For these culture warriors, belief in demonstrably false propositions is no longer a stigma of ignorance, but a defiantly worn badge of political resistance.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Luigi Thirty posted:

To be fair, the article just says 'foreign language', so may not be bigoted against muslims, she could hate mexicans.

:911:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

To be fair, the article just says 'foreign language', so may not be bigoted against muslims, she could hate mexicans.

Checks out. Totally someone who eats at Applebees.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
This news is very interesting:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/news/ct-indiana-gay-rights-protections-20151105-story.html

Right now in Indiana the business wing and the social conservative wing of the republican party are at loggerheads. When the Indiana legislature looked like it was going to pass a religious freedom bill that would allow backdoor discrimination of LGBT's businesses freaked out about lost sales and LGBT workers leaving for better states. They used the national outrage generated to get the state legislature to rewrite the law. That wasn't enough however and now the state Chamber of Commerce is calling for lawmakers and Republican Gov. Mike Pence to expand state civil rights laws to include sexual orientation and gender identity during the coming legislative session.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Huh, other articles I found said the victim was Muslim.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

euphronius posted:

That's in the same area as that whole "suicide contagion region" thing with the gay students a few years back. For some reason the north metro is especially terrible.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Republican Twitter is blowing up right now, wondering why the media never fact checked Hillary's military story:

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/15/us/hillary-clinton-says-she-once-tried-to-be-marine.html

That does sound made up af tbf.

Probably the only candidate not lying about their past is Donald Trump.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Even if that poo poo were false, Bernie's not going to use it to attack Hillary. All the remaining GOP candidates are going to be up Carson's rear end on this poo poo.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The phrase Stolen Valour is just fart huffing stupid. It sounds like something some trogolditic House Republican would name a bill to give it a patriotic ring while slyly cutting funding for something important.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:911: Keeping the race pure.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

greatn posted:

That does sound made up af tbf.

Probably the only candidate not lying about their past is Donald Trump.

I dunno, USMC recruiting right at the end of a 10 year conflict sounds like it'd be pretty discriminating. You'd see something similar trying to enlist today (granted, the female qualifier would be discarded).

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

euphronius posted:

If you're not familiar with the area Coon Rapids is a north metro suburb of the Twin Cities which is directly adjacent to 6th congressional district that elected Michelle Bachmann and Tom Emmer (it's actually in the 3rd district, which also elected a Republican, just not one as extreme as those). It's also part of the Anoka-Hennepin school district that had a rash of LGBT suicides a few years ago caused by a district policy preventing teachers and staff from intervening in bullying on the basis of sexual orientation.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 6, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is there a term for when people get hoped up on right wing talking points and get themselves in trouble tilting at windmills? I'm thinking this woman or the idiot that got herself arrested trying to prove you could vote multiple times.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radish posted:

Is there a term for when people get hoped up on right wing talking points and get themselves in trouble tilting at windmills? I'm thinking this woman or the idiot that got herself arrested trying to prove you could vote multiple times.

The James O'Keefe Strategy.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Yadoppsi posted:

This news is very interesting:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/news/ct-indiana-gay-rights-protections-20151105-story.html

Right now in Indiana the business wing and the social conservative wing of the republican party are at loggerheads. When the Indiana legislature looked like it was going to pass a religious freedom bill that would allow backdoor discrimination of LGBT's businesses freaked out about lost sales and LGBT workers leaving for better states. They used the national outrage generated to get the state legislature to rewrite the law. That wasn't enough however and now the state Chamber of Commerce is calling for lawmakers and Republican Gov. Mike Pence to expand state civil rights laws to include sexual orientation and gender identity during the coming legislative session.

Yeah but the GOP is running scared from the religious nuts. Just today they walked back their stance on the HPV vaccine because of their rage.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The victim was a Muslim. On the plus side, they've already slapped Burchard-Risch with a felony assault charge and after an investigation she'll get hit with a hate crime charge too.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
SCOTUS is going to hear another Obamacare case. Hooray.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rygar201 posted:

The phrase Stolen Valour is just fart huffing stupid. It sounds like something some trogolditic House Republican would name a bill to give it a patriotic ring while slyly cutting funding for something important.

It was indeed a bill once, but after passage it was struck down as a first amendment violation.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Kro-Bar posted:

They'll keep taking them until they get it right! (read: Roberts votes the way he's supposed to)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

Their strategy was to continue to sue until this President's legacy is gone, so, mission going according to plan. It's up to the court to tell them to gently caress off again.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

RevKrule posted:

They'll keep taking them until they get it right! (read: Roberts votes the way he's supposed to)

Roberts and Kennedy! They're losing ground.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

:911: Keeping the race pure.

Eh, I'm not really cool with mocking people's appearance since that can't be helped, but I am absolutely basking in the fear and incomprehension on this woman's face. I sincerely hope she turns her life around because of the insanely racist and violent fuckup that she did.

e: odds are that it'll get internalized as her being the victim though :smith:

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
How old do these Supreme Court justices have to get before they drop dead? This is taking loving forever.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Chalets the Baka posted:

How old do these Supreme Court justices have to get before they drop dead? This is taking loving forever.
you will never be able to get Scalia out of that chair. he will never stop

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gravel Gravy posted:

The worst part is that anyone could carry out this sort of plan

Passion Lubes Passion Water and Silicone Blend Hybrid Lubricant, 55 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SZ3O6OU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_jFopwbNG8EE4D

Should have just :fh: until he wasn't upset anymore imo.

I'm reading the rest of this now, it's pretty sick. He put a nail on some stairs, attached a curling iron to the doorknob, had a really complicated paint can rig that he was going to swing at the cops, and if they chased him to the boiler room, he apparently had a blowtorch above the door that would fire upon opening

:corsair: my first movie theatre movie

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Rygar201 posted:

I prefer to call it "borrowed valor"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

gullah jack posted:

you will never be able to get Scalia out of that chair. he will never stop

You must find and destroy his phylactery first.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Statistically the next one to die will be Ginsburg, and you'll never get a replacement as liberal as her, so the court's next ideological change will actually be to become more conservative.

I have long maintained that Scalia will survive through even a hypothetical two-term Hillary presidency. I think he'll be 90 in 2024, that's doable.

e: due to the whole Sandra Day O'Connor situation I doubt any of the current justices will leave until they are dead.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Chalets the Baka posted:

Thomas has made his chair suitable for sleeping in. He'll leave that chamber in a coffin and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is Ginsburg more liberal than Sotomayor?

• Locked thread