Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
less than 100 hours until legacy of the void!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

uh....huh.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i cant tell if thats a parody or not

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
it's kinda crazy how on point with the games it appears to be

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'll be disappointed if no orc says "we need more burrows" but otherwise it looks fine for what it is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
zugzug

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
*farts*

WE DID IT

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i never understood the warcraft obsession

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=825JXKZEOxs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Korean Boomhauer posted:

it certainly crams in a lot of cliches. :gerty:

lol @ the sexy orc babe

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Space-Pope posted:

basically touhou made a buttload of money without having to try very hard, and now a ton of shmup devs have tried to latch onto it

there's still plenty of good recent shmups without the weird waifu stuff, of course. crimzon clover and xiizeal are two that immediately come to mind

as for the hitbox stuff, it's just balancing the difficulty. sometimes there's a risk/reward component involved with grazing bullets where they touch the sprite, but not the hitbox

I think actually cave was the one who started the shmup games with magical anime girls in it but don't quote me on that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
people should play the games they want to play, as long as they admit that the skimpy costumed anime tweens is creepy

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i need this to be bad. like dungeon siege movie level bad

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

strike while the iron is hot warm lukewarm maybe somebody recently sat on it so it's not at ambient temperature

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This lines right up with WoW's sub decline being so bad that Blizzard isn't going to list #'s anymore.

Also with them announcing that their next wet fart of an expansion is going to be at least 12+ months off after it has already been several months since the final content update of their current one (which had half of its features cut out and included a "major" patch whose primary feature was a selfie camera).

Hearthstone is a loving hot mess but it really must be making enough for them to just give up on WoW finally.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hearthstone has a ton of wasted potential because Blizzard doesn't know how to design a CCG

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah i think im finally out of hearthstone. the balance is so hosed and rather than do something about it theyre just releasing new cards

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they must be loving up with hearthstone if the people who are crazy enough to play hearthstone are out of the game at this point

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah i think im finally out of hearthstone. the balance is so hosed and rather than do something about it theyre just releasing new cards
but its easy strat for them, release cards and fart at players that they havent mastered the most recent stuff
at this point though too i just tavern brawl with friend once per week, if the brawl does not require our own cards, maybe a coop arena run once in a while, since lol if im going to pay in hearthstone the equivalent of a decent mtg deck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lmao

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kalstrams posted:

but its easy strat for them, release cards and fart at players that they havent mastered the most recent stuff
at this point though too i just tavern brawl with friend once per week, if the brawl does not require our own cards, maybe a coop arena run once in a while, since lol if im going to pay in hearthstone the equivalent of a decent mtg deck

let me tell you a story about the most recent expansion

the most recent expansion introduced a card for paladins called mysterious challenger, a 6 mana 6/6 minion, which is basically on-curve. when you play mysterious challenger, you get to take one copy of each secret card in your deck and put it into play.

paladin secrets are not good cards, generally speaking. they each cost only 1 mana and most have very minor effects, and prior to mysterious challenger a secrets paladin deck was basically a joke gimmick deck. as a result a lot of people, before playing mysterious challenger, put it in the "possibly good but probably not pile"

then the expansion hits, and within a day mysterious challenger is the most dominant deck in the meta. if you run five different secrets, suddenly you get to play 11 mana worth of cards on turn 6 and thin bad cards out of your deck to improve your consistency. plus the secrets all benefit each other: an opponent attacks mysterious challenger, triggering noble sacrifice and protecting the mysterious challenger, which in turn triggers avenge which buffs the mysterious challenger, and also triggers redemption which resummons the noble sacrifice token, and so on

blizzard should have seen this interaction coming. literally everybody had theorycrafted a secrets paladin deck when we saw mysterious challenger for the first time, but without playing the deck it was hard to tell how strong it was. there is no way that blizzard did not play this deck in playtesting, and yet it still dominated the meta within 24 hours of release.

and of course, because of hearthstone's design where you can't interact with your opponent's stuff on their turn, there's no way to stop a mysterious challenger from being played. the best trap you can set up before hand is either (a) the ability to kill your opponent on the next turn (probably not happening on turn 6) or (b) the mage-only card mirror entity, which will at least give you a 6/6 when mysterious challenger is played. there's only one card that can remove all secrets from the board, the hunter card flare, but it costs too much. there's a neutral card that can steal a single secret from your opponent, called kezan mystic, but it doesn't do enough to remove 1 secret when your opponent still has 4

hearthstone is an electronic game. blizzard should have patched mysterious challenger two or three weeks after launch, once it was clear that it was a problem. instead they're ignoring it and adding more cards to the ecosystem. the last problematic deck, patron warrior, wasn't nerfed until 6 months after its creation, so for six months facing a patron warrior almost certainly meant 10 minutes of setup followed by getting smashed by 50 uncontested damage to the face in a single turn

hearthstone is broken and blizzard refuses to fix it because it's printing them money

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Notorious QIG posted:

Electronic Orc Cards

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
its pretty obvious that they're cashing in on the fact gamers love paying money to win games

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The other bad card from the new expansion allows some decks to win by stalling out the game until you run out of cards and can't keep up with their healing

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 7, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so is it weird that the thumbnail didn't load for me but I instantly knew what video it was from the Chinese characters

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

2/5

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
black mirror did it better

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

haveblue posted:

black mirror did it better

havent seen the ad driven dystopia episode yet i guess

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

some rich af los angeles dickwad who only has any relevance because of things his dad did in the 1980s (including murdering children) should maybe shut the gently caress up about fake dumb people from los angeles

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

some rich af los angeles dickwad who only has any relevance because of things his dad did in the 1980s (including murdering children) should maybe shut the gently caress up about fake dumb people from los angeles

the funniest part of that image is the guy doesn't realize he was invited for the exact same reasons

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Blackula69 posted:

gas

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

Max Landis is at least a part of nerd culture, having written Chronicle and poo poo

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
tbf he at least knows what fallout 4 is

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
fallout for what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007