Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
None of the stupid poo poo he says actually matters because he seems like a nice dude and he has a great life story. If that life story is suddenly full of poo poo his appeal is gone.

Trump is a sleaze but people think he's an effective sleaze.

Ben Carson was the trustworthy guy who showed God and hard work could make you one of the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I honestly thought Trump's campaign ads would be filtered and watered-down.

Forgive me Lord President Trump for my lack of faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=561CdWwpTeM

"... building a wall on our southern border. And he WILL make Mexico pay for it ..."

"... Donald Trump will ... brutally and quickly cut the head off of ISIS ..."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
I think the best comparison for the pyramid thing is Bernie's kinda awkward sex article.

Except that Bernie basically called it well-intentioned but embarrassing mistake and that basically summed up the substance of it as well.

e: Also Carson has finally drawn the Eye of Trump. Will the lion not lay down with the lamb? :ohdear:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Boosted_C5 posted:

"... building a wall on our southern border. And he WILL make Mexico pay for it ..."

this is real?

holy poo poo

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

mike12345 posted:

this is real?

holy poo poo

An accurate and succinct summation of the election thus far.

Edit:

The Phlegmatist posted:

The guy rose up out of poverty to become a well-respected neurosurgeon. That's commendable on its own. I'm not sure why Carson feels the need to make up other poo poo to make his life seem more dramatic, but oh well.
To sell more books.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003
The guy rose up out of poverty to become a well-respected neurosurgeon. That's commendable on its own. I'm not sure why Carson feels the need to make up other poo poo to make his life seem more dramatic, but oh well.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

If Trump promises to personally behead al-Baghdadi on live TV, he's got my vote. Anything less than that is false advertising though.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Disillusionist posted:

If Trump promises to personally behead al-Baghdadi on live TV, he's got my vote. Anything less than that is false advertising though.

With the Sword of Chang after Marco surrenders it to him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jackofarcades posted:

None of the stupid poo poo he says actually matters because he seems like a nice dude and he has a great life story. If that life story is suddenly full of poo poo his appeal is gone.

Trump is a sleaze but people think he's an effective sleaze.

Ben Carson was the trustworthy guy who showed God and hard work could make you one of the best.

I think the other part of the problem is that Carson's whole "nice dude" image kind of falls away every time he yells at a reporter about what an idiot they are. For awhile his supporters will just go with the idea that they ARE idiots and they deserved it but if he keeps doing it it changes the image of who Ben Carson is from "the soft spoken guy who doesn't engage with Trump's mudslinging" to "the guy who is always yelling at everyone asking him questions."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

carson is possibly the least charismatic politician ive ever seen

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

carson is possibly the least charismatic politician ive ever seen

I don't know Jeb! and Chaffee give him a run for his money.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want to email JEB!, but don't know what to say. Maybe I will just say that that Miami lateral kick return last week was p cool, should cheer him up a bit!

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 18, 2016

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Were you following politics back when Steve Forbes ran? He gets my vote.

That guy had the creepiest perpetual grin. It was like a geriatric unfunny Joker was running.

MaxxBot posted:

I don't know Jeb! and Chaffee give him a run for his money.
I'll give you JEB!, but Chaffee came off as affable, if clueless and in way over his head.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Were you following politics back when Steve Forbes ran? He gets my vote.

He wasn't nearly as likable as that Teve Torbes guy.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That ad could be something straight out of SNL :lol:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that ad is so ridiculous it has to be real and straight from the desk of donald j trump

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The ad ends with LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT right?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Carson was doing REALLY well on Hannity until Hannity asked him about the Pyramids. He comes off loving unhinged and insane when he starts to get into the idea that Joseph built them to store grain. Hannity gave Carson a lot of rope on that one to hang himself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know its real because if it was an SNL skit it would be three times as long and lack any of the subtle deftness of reality's absurdity.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it actually ends with the robot woman promising trump will not only to make america great again, but possible more greater than it ever was again

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
That Trump ad is getting really close to Dear Leader territory.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

I for one welcome our new Comboverlord.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

memy posted:

He was asked about it and said he still believes it
R: "if a woman gets pregnant by rape or is likely to die during birth i think its actually good"
hmm this might hurt him in the general by at least half a percentage point

R: "pyramids were actually granaries"
lmao look at this frigkin idiot

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

This can't be real. A lot of those images are /pol/ memes.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The voice over artist sounds like the same from the satirical Better Off Ted commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia8OKMlqxLs

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

It's a real ad. It's a real radio ad, though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

One of the highest quality, most luxurious ads I've ever heard, hell seen, did you see those montages? He's gonna make America Great Again!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Montasque posted:

The voiceover is real. It's from his radio ads. The images were added by someone else.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pathetic little tramp posted:

You bet! As we cull the conservative media of liberals in conservative clothing, we'll in the end just be reduced to OANN and @fucker_mcgee on Twitter.

I like to think @fucker_mcgee is actually my evil twin from Earth-3. Like somewhere he's doing completely serious LPs of the latest FPSes.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i think if donald trump somehow wins the nomination the GOP officially transitions from a political party to a millennial death cult. and if he wins the presidential election same with the us as a whole

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jesus Christ, we're really living in the absurdist alternate reality timeline, aren't we?

How the hell is that radio ad real?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There are two versions of the Trump radio ad. The one he narrates himself is better, obviously.

https://soundcloud.com/abcpolitics/donald-trump-ad-1

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I wonder what Jeb has been up to...

https://vine.co/v/eLTH5zuqw1w

Edit:

https://vine.co/v/eLjM5KBOHLr

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

There are two versions of the Trump radio ad. The one he narrates himself is better, obviously.

117k listens in 1 day lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jeb bush can barely get 500 views on his youtube ads and those views are exclusively /pol/ posting about how hes a cuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IQtYs6HjF4

The video/Trump audio is better as well.

• Locked thread