Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gorefasts are massive bellends because every time I try to set one on fire they come at swinging faster

and are on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

oh dear god where is the dev burn time charts IT'S FRIDAY QUESTIONER IS loving US AGAIN ALL THE NEW PERKS ARE PAID DLC CONFIRMED I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE $20.99 PER PERK 💸💸💸💸

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Flipswitch posted:

gorefasts are massive bellends because every time I try to set one on fire they come at swinging faster

and are on fire.

You'd move pretty fast if you were on fire too buddy

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

oh dear god where is the dev burn time charts IT'S FRIDAY QUESTIONER IS loving US AGAIN ALL THE NEW PERKS ARE PAID DLC CONFIRMED I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE $20.99 PER PERK 💸💸💸💸

Actually the game is going f2p and you pay a subscription fee to play classes other than four starting ones or maps other than Catacombs. Also you can buy weapons with real money and spawn with them, so now you can drop $16 bucks to start with a Microwave gun.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ZearothK posted:

Also you can buy weapons with real money and spawn with them, so now you can drop $16 bucks to start with a Microwave gun.

But only for 3 months.

Gromit posted:

I'm wondering if I'd like to see the headless stump geysering blood like a Japanese samurai film as the body falls forward. Like a big rooster-tail that paints red lines over everything.

Blood pack dlc ala Shogun 2.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

ZearothK posted:

Actually the game is going f2p and you pay a subscription fee to play classes other than four starting ones or maps other than Catacombs. Also you can buy weapons with real money and spawn with them, so now you can drop $16 bucks to start with a Microwave gun.

Get ready for today's What We Are Up To, where we unveil the new lods of (real) emone auction house!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat this seems good: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/760341081269160651

If I read this right, gunslinger has:
+damage +movement speed +recoil control +bullet resistance

lvl5:
Scoot'n'Shoot: Move faster with iron sights VERSUS Quick Draw: faster weapon switching I guess

lvl10:
Rythm Method: Consecutive Headshots increase damage VERSUS Bone Breaking: Gunslinger guns deal more damage

lvl15:
Speedloading: as the name implies, reload whole cylinder at once VERSUS Penetration: your bullets penetrate stuff

lvl20:
Center Mass: You can stumble Zeds when shooting them in the chest VERSUS something allowing you to stumble zeds by shooting the legs

lvl25:
Fanfire: Massive increase in fire rate VERSUS not having to reload, Both in Zed time

and a Nail Grenade, which is exactly what it says on the box (there's a webm included).

Sounds awesome, can't wait I hope they show more of what they're doing to other classes when they drop in Gunslinger. Really like that the perks feel like actual alternatives, not some braindead "pick this or suffer"

Kikas fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 6, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Here's an easy-to-read summary of the latest update from Reddit.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hm, I wonder if they are adding only one perk because they are messing around with the other ones that are already in?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

GIVE RECOIL CONTROL TO COMMANDO TOO

TIA

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Why the gently caress would "Bullet Resistance" mean "Increased accuracy in Zed time" :psyduck: It's just there so you can tank Hans SMGs a little better.

Oh and let's not loving forget that Gunslinger is holding two revolvers in the Nail Bomb video, not that anyone's suprised, but we do have actual confirmation :dance:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 6, 2015

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Kikas posted:

Why the gently caress would "Bullet Resistance" mean "Increased accuracy in Zed time" :psyduck: It's just there so you can tank Hans SMGs a little better.

Oh and let's not loving forget that Gunslinger is holding two revolvers in the Nail Bomb video, not that anyone's suprised, but we do have actual confirmation :dance:

I think that's just a general observation, or more connected to the decreased recoil, but placed in dull-rear end stream-of-consciousness writing style.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How is the nailbomb different from Support's frag grenade? More projectiles, less damage?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rhythm Method with maxed recoil control sounds like it could be grimy as gently caress, depending on how much of a boost it maxes out at

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Kikas posted:

drat this seems good: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/760341081269160651

If I read this right, gunslinger has:
+damage +movement speed +recoil control +bullet resistance

lvl5:
Scoot'n'Shoot: Move faster with iron sights VERSUS Quick Draw: faster weapon switching I guess

lvl10:
Rythm Method: Consecutive Headshots increase damage VERSUS Bone Breaking: Gunslinger guns deal more damage

lvl15:
Speedloading: as the name implies, reload whole cylinder at once VERSUS Penetration: your bullets penetrate stuff

lvl20:
Center Mass: You can stumble Zeds when shooting them in the chest VERSUS something allowing you to stumble zeds by shooting the legs

lvl25:
Fanfire: Massive increase in fire rate VERSUS not having to reload, Both in Zed time

Meow.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shumagorath posted:

How is the nailbomb different from Support's frag grenade? More projectiles, less damage?

Well the nailgun's thing is lots of ricochets so maybe the nailbomb is similar? Although functionally yeah, it's pretty much identical to a frag grenade.

Frankly they should give the gunslinger sticks of dynamite (to complete the cowboy/western theme) and give the demo cluster bombs or something.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 6, 2015

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ruggington posted:

GIVE RECOIL CONTROL TO COMMANDO TOO

TIA

loving this. Commando is rad but the recoil means I'm just sitting in single shot mode until a FP shows up and I panic and switch to full auto.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

closeted republican posted:

I love how people go through the trouble of making a translation when the end of the update has it spelled out clearly.

"Tripwire Interactive posted:

Translation:

Lvl 5
Shoot ‘n’ Scoot – Move faster while shooting and aiming down sights.
Quick Draw – Faster weapon switching

Lvl 10
Rhythm Method – Each headshot will increase your damage
Bone Breaking – Flat damage increase

Lvl 15
Speed-load’n – Faster reload
Penetration – Additional penetration

Lvl 20
Center Mass – Increased stumble power with body shots
Knockdown – Increased knockdown power when a sprinting zed is shot in the leg

Lvl 25 zed time
Fan Fire – Shoot faster in zed time
Uber Ammo – Unlimited shooting without reloading in zed time

I suppose bullet resistance stands for penetration?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

praying scoot n' shoot means I can sprint and shoot

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ruggington posted:

praying scoot n' shoot means I can sprint and shoot

Or you just get faster after each bullet to the point that walking and shooting is the same as sprinting. God, I hope there is a possibly of chaining head shots increasing damage on a potentially infinite scale, particularly for that fuckface Hans.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 7, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ZearothK posted:

I love how people go through the trouble of making a translation when the end of the update has it spelled out clearly.

Oh that was not there when I posted it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I don't like faster weapon switching being an active perk you can only get with one class.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Taking Speed Load'n should be a crime imo, there's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Azran posted:

Hm, I wonder if they are adding only one perk because they are messing around with the other ones that are already in?

It was mentioned at the PAX panel by the devs that they originally had 3 perk classes that was going to be released Demo, Firebug and one other. But they benched one of them in favor of reworking the Berzerker. Perhaps this Gunslinger was what was benched and why its ready before the others.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I really hope they give commando a purpose because as of now, especially with the gunslinger's perks revealed, commando as it is now is looking like the poor man's gunslinger that can just extend zed time. I know he's supposed to be focused on mob control but there's so many classes that already do it better.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Revolver Bunker posted:

It was mentioned at the PAX panel by the devs that they originally had 3 perk classes that was going to be released Demo, Firebug and one other. But they benched one of them in favor of reworking the Berzerker. Perhaps this Gunslinger was what was benched and why its ready before the others.

I really hope that's not the case because I want a reworked Demo :v:

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Theta Zero posted:

I really hope they give commando a purpose because as of now, especially with the gunslinger's perks revealed, commando as it is now is looking like the poor man's gunslinger that can just extend zed time. I know he's supposed to be focused on mob control but there's so many classes that already do it better.

Commando is amazing at killing scrakes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azran posted:

I really hope that's not the case because I want a reworked Demo :v:

I feel like Demo is pretty great aside from a couple of perk choices and a lack of cool scaling things to go with level wise, and how crappy the weapon scaling feels...

Yeah okay rework Demo a bit.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well they said the next patch is in December from what I remember, so there's still a lot of time for them to tweak numbers and other stuff for classes like Demo.
One thing I can think of that would massively help Demo is to make that every pellet from the Demo Pistol explodes separately. It's really infuriating to see it just nudge something because you got a bad spread, and then all the shots go to waste. I kinda like that you can be smart and stack trash and blow them up by shooting at the feet, but Demo should be more of a dumb-fire class, you just point at a crowd and the crowd goes Boom. It shouldn't have so many hidden mechanics and require the most skill to get any use of the starting weapon.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 7, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Colosmicon posted:

this joke is no bueno

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ZearothK posted:

I suppose bullet resistance stands for penetration?

There wasn't a translation when the update was first posted. :P

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Colosmicon posted:

scrakes are amazing at killing commandos

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Colosmicon posted:

Sure if you can manage to magdump every round into its face without recoil reduction.

I can't.

It's me I'm the bad Commando.

Takes No Damage posted:

Got my first HoE win this afternoon. Turns out with at least 3 zerks (with Smash) and 2 medics you can pretty effectively box Hans in place and with a little luck facetank him all 3 phases. He spends half the time stumbling around or falling down. It's kinda like the old chainsaw strat for the Patriarch, but 3 times in a row.

I got two the other week. Just go HoE solo with level 20+ Firebug, CnB and Microwave gun, barbecue tonight.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Sure if you can manage to magdump every round into its face without recoil reduction.

I can't.

It's me I'm the bad Commando.

Hi there, aim inversely proportional to how many you need to land in a row buddy.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Theta Zero posted:

Commando's already a poor man's (DO NOT NERF) Firebug. They're worse at killing trash except at extreme distances, equal at best killing Stalkers and worse at killing the big guys. Their only advantage is against Bloats and Sirens which will disappear when Sharpshooter gets added sometime in 2017 :p

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

Commando's already a poor man's (DO NOT NERF) Firebug. They're worse at killing trash except at extreme distances, equal at best killing Stalkers and worse at killing the big guys. Their only advantage is against Bloats and Sirens which will disappear when Sharpshooter gets added sometime in 2017 :p

Commandos are great for eliminating Sirens, Husks, and Bloats before they get in everyone's face. There's a noticable difference between a game that has a Commando doing his job and one that doesn't.

I also use it to take out Crawlers and Gorefasts in one hit so that the rest of the team, especially Zerks and Supports, have enough room to move around or so Firebugs can roast big groups of Clots and Stalkers wihout suddenly getting gangbanged by Gorefasts or Crawlers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Not once have I had a problem with Gorefasts or Crawlers as Firebug. Crawlers are actually my job. About the only thing I can think of for Commando's upside is that they're easier to start contributing immediately on Hard. Berzerkers die like dogs under level 5 on Hard (yet I can solo Normal including Hans).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
It all depends on how you play Commando; if you're trying to kill poo poo in the same area that the Zerk and Firebug are, you're not going to be very effective. However, if you cover other routes, you can do some serious damage. I usually have areas like the bridge leading to the Eiffel Tower in BurningParis and the side the Firebug isn't covering in Outpost's tank area on lockdown as Commando, which is a big help to the team.

Commando is also great for clearing out medium Zeds, like Sirens, when Scrakes and Fleshpounds are attacking. As Commando, I usually find myself to be the only person on Siren, Bloat, and Crawler patrol when Scrakes and FPs are attacking. Clearing out things like Sirens is a huge help to Zerks, Supports, and Firebugs working their magic on the big guys. When i'm playing Zerk, I know that dealing with Scrakes and FPs is so much easier when I'm not getting puked on or screamed at all the time.

Commando is all about where you're shooting at. Firing into a crowd that the Firebug is roasting makes the class pointless, but using it to patch any holes in your holdout spot makes it very effective.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
the flaw with Firebug is they have to close range and it takes the zeds time to die.
A good Commando can pop heads on sirens, husks, and bloats from far enough range to keep them form getting into play.
Still Commandos suck at killing big guys. the good thing is their guns are so light, you can pretty much carry anything, so its a great support class.
Jack of all Trades master of none.
Commando really doesnt have a narrow role so its not amazing in anything.
Personally I love being a Commando, so I can carry a SCAR a Medic SMG and some other wonderful Tier 3 weapon.
Plus my grenades are good.
Also my talents are really good. Call Out being a really good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

edit: gnome that Medic weapon plan sounds great and I'll definitely try that next time I play Firebug.
Sooooo... trying this crashed my game with how hard I was owning Suicidal solo.

I've also determined the perfect Firebug soundtrack is Alice Cooper's Trash album :v:

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 7, 2015