Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Depends on your ISP and connection. I can do about 5-6 gigabytes per hour with 10mb, and Aussies are notoriously hosed even without data caps as I understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

hemale in pain posted:

why are people excited to preload this? it takes like 20 minutes to download a game in 2015

Not when everyone is doing it the same instant when the launch switch flips. Also not if you have lovely internet.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pretty much. All in all the only thing anyones going to enjoy is exploring and settlement buiding. The game will get rave reviews and Bethesda will get the positive reinforcement they need to once again not change the poo poo they need to. The engine, the number of VAs, animations, writing, etc.

I'm waiting until the discount comes on the cdkeyslike sites after the game release, but I hope I can at least enjoy it as much as Fallout 3.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dat preload tho.

It's going to take me 5 hours. I hate Comcast.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

rap music posted:

SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING

Thanks for this :)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Gonkish posted:

Dat preload tho.

I would be hosed without a pre-load.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Oh poo poo, sorry about your internet dudes

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Took me 10 minutes and I'm wonder if it will be faster to just download it at release than to unpack it.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nevets posted:

We all just got our pre-order keys & preloading starts in 5 minutes.

I knew this would happen lol. Congrats, retards.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cheesetriangles posted:

Took me 10 minutes and I'm wonder if it will be faster to just download it at release than to unpack it.

Steam used to be really bad at decrypting files upon release, no idea if that's changed since i haven't preordered a game since forever ago

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
I wish I could be a sneaky hand-to-hand fighter but that poo poo never works. I tried that in Oblivion and it was a disaster. As soon as the poo poo hits the fan you need a gun. I wish there was a way to be good with a sniper rifle but also a kung fu murder machine that throat punches raiders left and right. Basically a green beret.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

dude im watching is trying his very best to murder the first friendly npc. I think he thinks it's a raider.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

dude im watching is trying his very best to murder the first friendly npc. I think he thinks it's a raider.

S.W.A.C.I.B.G.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Mr. Stingly posted:

I wish I could be a sneaky hand-to-hand fighter but that poo poo never works. I tried that in Oblivion and it was a disaster. As soon as the poo poo hits the fan you need a gun. I wish there was a way to be good with a sniper rifle but also a kung fu murder machine that throat punches raiders left and right. Basically a green beret.

There is, just have high Agi/Per and take Ninja and Sniper and poo poo, and rely on stealth melee one-shot kills rather than huge damage in melee.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Al! posted:

Steam used to be really bad at decrypting files upon release, no idea if that's changed since i haven't preordered a game since forever ago

It is still really slow. edit: Especially for big releases.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Gonkish posted:

Dat preload tho.

That's weird because I have Comcast and it took me 20 minutes to preload.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Almost as if you can get faster internet if you pay the company more money

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Al! posted:

:thejoke:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Al! posted:

Well, or you live in an area where Comcast's infrastructure isn't poo poo. I pay the same in a big city as a friend of mine pays in a smaller town in Michigan but I get literally 4x his speed.

Fergus
Apr 24, 2013
Only people insecure about their internet actually measure their download rate!

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold

JoshTheStampede posted:

There is, just have high Agi/Per and take Ninja and Sniper and poo poo, and rely on stealth melee one-shot kills rather than huge damage in melee.

I need huge damage in melee though. My most cherished moment with Fallout was in Fallout 2 in The Den when I tracked down a jet addict that owed money and when he said no I punched him so hard a portion of his torso was torn off with that satisfying KA-SHPLINGZZ!! sound for critical hits that sounded like a clock inside a watermelon got smashed with a hammer.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Generation Internet posted:

I would be hosed without a pre-load.

I'm sorry you live in a country where your ISPs get to rape you.

God Bless Mexican ISPs. (This only costs me about $30 a month and it's synchronous up/down, also unlimited bandwidth).

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 6, 2015

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Any streams going? All the links that were posted recently don't work.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hemale in pain posted:

link?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

That's weird because I have Comcast and it took me 20 minutes to preload.

Comcast is kind of a big ISP and their service can vary widely depending on where you are.

Also lol at me and my Comcast data cap.

HATE COMCAST

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

crabcakes66 posted:

Comcast is kind of a big ISP and their service can vary widely depending on where you are.

Also lol at me and my Comcast data cap.

HATE COMCAST

Your comcast has a data cap? That sucks.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
Ha you plebs with your preloads all I have to do is walk into my local Gamestop next Tuesday and bam it's on :smug:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

cheesetriangles posted:

Your comcast has a data cap? That sucks.

I have been considering getting one of their business class connections.

Slightly less speed for twice the money. But no data cap.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

the great deceiver posted:

Ha you plebs with your preloads all I have to do is walk into my local Gamestop next Tuesday and bam it's on :smug:

We have the luxury of not needing to leave our houses. Who's the real winner?

Also I'll be playing at 12:01am instead of 10am when the store opens. :smug:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Consoles win again, suck it PC lamers :smug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You still have to install on your console.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

why are people excited to preload this? it takes like 20 minutes to download a game in 2015

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

is this real?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It's playing the main theme from mgs 4 so I am gonna guess no.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Come now, you know modern consoles are just as bad as PC's now. Remember Christmas last year? Also Halo lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

cheesetriangles posted:

It's playing the main theme from mgs 4 so I am gonna guess no.

The streamer's said that it's a joke, and he's also considering sending some files to a crack group in order to leak the game early.

Tommy is a true hero. :patriot:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Come now, you know modern consoles are just as bad as PC's now. Remember Christmas last year? Also Halo lol

We all know that every generation cycle Bethesda spins a bottle on which console gets the better ports and which one gets hosed. I hope you picked the correct method to play the game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

But can bobbleheads boost stats past 10? If not I'll just console raise another stat.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Reports on Gaf are saying the PS4 version is hosed and the Xbone version is good. Ps3 version was hosed last gen. Bethesda just can't handle playstations I guess.

Also everyone is playing the game on Monday via vpn right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

cheesetriangles posted:

Reports on Gaf are saying the PS4 version is hosed and the Xbone version is good. Ps3 version was hosed last gen. Bethesda just can't handle playstations I guess.

Also everyone is playing the game on Monday via vpn right.

I think it's set at a universal unlock time, it's going to be Monday night in my time zone now.

• Locked thread