Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rep. Tony Cardenas' press shop is having fun on a Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Three Olives posted:

So who get's Carson's voters? Cruz?

I am gonna take a guess that the demographic that is going for soft spoken and optimistic candidates will mostly shuffle over to Rubio.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I can't wait to see Trump's tv ads

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Assuming a total breakdown of his support (which won't happen for at least a few weeks) the next debate will be the key to determining that. Carson's support is a crazy brew of evangelicals, washington-outsiders, non establishment, "serious thinkers/adults in the room", and with a healthy dollop of not-trump.

Fiorina's already been tossed aside. Rubio is the establishment fallback darling. Huckabee's only gravitas is from gravity. Christie is an Obama-hugging RINO. Jeb!...lol.

This next debate will be one to watch closely. Whoever's shiniest afterwards has a real shot at breaking 40%+. Not that it means much 3 months from Iowa, but...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

jeb bush can barely get 500 views on his youtube ads and those views are exclusively /pol/ posting about how hes a cuck

Jeb's youtube is such a wonderful collision of /pol/, real Trump fans, normal youtube people and terrified Jeb! voters that are lost deep in the wrong neighborhood.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 22, 2016

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to start using the word "gutterances".

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

He recently reaffirmed it so it's not like he changed his mind on the matter

In light of new evidence, I now accept the mainstream scientific theory that the pyramids were built by aliens.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Jeb! will be releasing an all-access campaign documentary. Here's a taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUoXcagWGc8

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

That's pretty funny.

But for real, the San Fernando Valley is a filthy hellscape.

The valley is hot during summer but a wonderful 70 degrees from November to April. People in the city take all their resentment about parking tickets and spray hate northward at the variety of bland exurbs, prop warehouses and admitted blights (Canoga Park).

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 7, 2015

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Joementum posted:

Oh look, it's Jeb The Builder.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i think if donald trump somehow wins the nomination the GOP officially transitions from a political party to a snake person death cult. and if he wins the presidential election same with the us as a whole

Trump is saving the Republican Party.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

This is so exciting-- *Sighs heavily.*

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Joementum posted:

"Obama is talented beyond belief." - Jeb Bush

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Club for Growth gave Donald Trump a ringing endorsement for the general election a couple days ago, though it won't help him in the primary.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article42977022.html

quote:

The conservative Club for Growth has released a “White Paper” on Donald Trump and it’s unsurprisingly not complimentary.

The group -- which has publicly tussled with the real estate magnate -- says its conclusion is that the contender for the Republican presidential nomination “would not be a pro-growth president.”

Club for Growth President David McIntosh said Trump held “anti-growth” positions on taxes, trade, entitlements and government regulations before 2015 “and still defends a massive government role in health care, a mostly hands-off approach to entitlement reform, and protectionist policies that would likely spark trade wars and lead to higher business and consumer costs.”

Club for Growth’s political action committee announced in August it would steer donations to Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, along with former Gov. Jeb Bush and Gov. Scott Walker, who has since dropped out of the race.

Trump on the campaign trail has accused the group of writing a bad mouthing him because he wouldn’t contribute $1 million. A spokesman at the time said it was Trump who had indicated an interest in donating to the group.

"But that doesn’t change the fact that the Club for Growth PAC thinks he’s an unserious candidate and would make a terrible president, just as we publicly pointed out during his last political publicity stunt in 2011," spokesman Doug Sachtleben said at the time.

In its review of Trump’s policies, the Club says, among other things, that Trump’s “hostility towards free trade is unmatched by any other major presidential candidate, with the possible exception of Bernie Sanders” who is seeking the Democratic presidential nomination.

It notes that Trump has frequently given to Democrats and “anti-growth Republicans who later left the party,” including former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist.

“While Trump has clearly touched a nerve with Americans who are frustrated with Washington, his approach to politics is not unlike the worst of Washington politicians,” the group says. “Instead of taking consistent and principled stands, he has jumped on popular bandwagons.”

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Joementum posted:

"People are giving me advice. They must care about me. They must want me to win. But there's some thing I'm not gonna jump-- gonna keep that stinkin' tie."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Trump is saving the Republican Party.

Before there can be rebirth, there must be death.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Carson's decline already started before today, Iowa returning to the mean:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/259360-trump-catches-up-to-carson-in-iowa-poll

quote:

The real estate mogul wins 25 percent of likely Republican caucusgoers in the poll, compared to 23 percent for retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson.

The latest CNN survey in Iowa finds Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) in third place, with 13 percent, and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) following closely behind at 11 percent.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush follows at 5 percent, with former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal taking 4 percent each.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I really hope they go back to Trump.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Do It Once Right posted:

The Club for Growth gave Donald Trump a ringing endorsement for the general election a couple days ago, though it won't help him in the primary.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article42977022.html

And this is why I keep saying Trump is the best Republican running for president right now.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

pangstrom posted:

I really hope they go back to trump

After his Saturday Night Live hosting? He's going to be invincible.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 22, 2016

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Samuel Clemens posted:

"Obama is talented beyond belief." - Jeb Bush

"Live free or die brothers and sisters that's what I'm here for" -Jeb

:laffo:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The Trump ad would've been better if he personally talked about brutally killing ISIS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

This is so exciting-- *Sighs heavily.*

He already got ten of his interns to like the video, for him that's not too bad.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jewel Repetition posted:

Before there can be rebirth, there must be death.

Creative destruction, as it were. Gotta file bankruptcy before you can swindle a new sucker! Wait, no, that came out wrong.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

"Wonderful" is an adjective that's never appropriate for use in conjunction with The Valley. Oh, it may have been a pastoral getaway for the rich and famous back in the '30s, but that paradise was divided and subdivided yet again. What exists now is a soulless, cement grid of streets and alleys superimposed upon a landscape comprised of shitbox bungalows and interspersed with a network of mini-malls and fast-food joints. Amidst all of this swarms the restless scavengers who will steal anything and everything not nailed down or locked up at all times.

The same could be said of LA but we have street parking

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

mastershakeman posted:

The Trump ad would've been better if he personally talked about brutally killing ISIS

Wish I could find the quote from his new book, but it was something like "Our military will be the most feared force in the world, and no one will mess with us, if they do we will fight to the death- their death."

I like it personally.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Lord jesus Ben Carson is melting down in this press conference right now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I highly recommend watching CNN right now :lol:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/politics/ben-carson-responds-violent-past-new-day/index.html

The spin machine was helping him but oh no Ben is bad at handling these things

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Thank God I got SlingTV yesterday, Ben Carson is imploding on CNN before my eyes.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is Ben Carson drunk? He's flailing around like a drunk Damon Wayans.

edit: CONFIRMED, that was a straight up drunk slur, Ben Carson was just drunk

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ben Carson is just going to spend the rest of his campaign yelling at the media. This is what I think will sink him. He's utterly incapable of saying "Yeah, I misspoke a bit. I wasn't offered a scholarship, the process was just introduced to me and I passed before it went further. Sorry for that confusion." He has to say "You're all liars! You're all unfair! Why didn't you ask Obama about any of the things I'm going to bring up now because obviously you did talk about it which is why I know about it? Its unfair!" His narcissism is apparent and he can't just eat a tiny bit of poo poo to make it go away.

Also I still think Trump is going to troll him out of the campaign with "Merry Christmas"'s.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The spin machine will still cover him, but this press conference was ugly for Carson.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/662783629555326976

If anyone wants to see the kind of answers Ben Carson was providing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I don't understand this thinking that Trump is somehow uniquely a Devil-Hitler, at least not just yet.

The really disturbing thing is that over a dozen candidates agree with 90% of what he says, and are distinguishing themselves on the remaining 10%. It's refreshing to see the GOP platform recited by a clown rather than someone pretending to be a serious politician. Finally, this is the correct messenger that this message has always deserved but for 25 years has pretended to be principled political thought.

• Locked thread