Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Last I remember hearing Fallout:NV didn't end up being an especially painful development process for Obsidian and Sawyer and the guys are still on good terms I mean what the gently caress is this dude on about.

note: "not an especially painful development process for Obsidian" is probably still like having your fingernails chipped off with a spoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Grapplejack posted:

I can confirm for you that Obsidian will never work with Bethesda again after the poo poo they pulled last time

tying cash bonuses to meta-critic scores. A crime most heinous.

Bethesda's QA screwed the pooch there, no doubt, but the way goons talk about it makes it seem like a big conspiracy where Bethesda pulled some kind of bait and switch to save that sweet meta-critic cash.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

botany posted:

yeah that's probably just slightly less idiotic than pretending to speak for them then substituting your own retarded fan fiction for their decisions :coffeepal:

b-but the Metacritic deal :qq:

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

turn your monitor on

jesus you're retarded

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Wait a minute... There's a frame in there where you can clearly see his gums. His teeth just haven't loaded in for some reason. Is this seriously the twisting head glitch of the new game? Teeth aren't spawning?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

That's upsetting to hear

I guess when they get hosed again I'll be sure to laugh at them
there were other actually important reasons why obsidian got hosed concurrently with that, mostly having two unnamed AAA projects get shut down during preproduction

chris avellone is just really bad at twitter

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

ymgve posted:

No, you either have to keep the VPN on until it releases for real in your time zone, or you have to put Steam in offline mode first, and then disconnect. With the latter, it might also mean that achievements won't unlock if that's important for you.

Ahh, offline mode should work.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Man Whore posted:

tying cash bonuses to meta-critic scores. A crime most heinous.

Bethesda's QA screwed the pooch there, no doubt, but the way goons talk about it makes it seem like a big conspiracy where Bethesda pulled some kind of bait and switch to save that sweet meta-critic cash.

That deal probably actually came from Zenimax as the publisher and not Bethesda as well.

EDIT: \/ We've seen characters with teeth though. It's either inconsistent modelling or a bug. Heck, in that bad player youtube vid, the vault-tec guy has teeth but the lovely mouth movement animations mean you barely see them.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 7, 2015

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Wait a minute... There's a frame in there where you can clearly see his gums. His teeth just haven't loaded in for some reason. Is this seriously the twisting head glitch of the new game? Teeth aren't spawning?

They straight up didn't model teeth.

Mr_Wolf
Jun 18, 2013

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

jesus you're retarded

Don't you dare speak to Jesus like that.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
If you want to watch a bad player play the first hour here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZLXfGfG14Y

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

The horror!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Grapplejack posted:

turn your monitor on
yeah, that didn't work, did it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

they did, in the form of gibs :unsmigghh:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

This thread is full of weird people who stare at teeth when they talk to people and that seriously disturbs me.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Fallout 4: As Toothless as Todd's Tales

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

This thread is full of weird people who stare at teeth when they talk to people and that seriously disturbs me.
showing teeth are the only way you can deliver a poo poo-eating grin and it saddens me to find that there will be no poo poo-eating grins until mods implementing teeth in head models happen

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

I prefer to stare at breasts.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Noticing something bad about graphics? Brain problems, gotta be

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried a throwing weapon mod, half the time the weapons would just fall at my feet, but sneak attacking someone with a javelin to the dome was GLORIOUS.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Also did they ditch Ron Perlman? Preorder loving cancelled.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

RentACop posted:

Noticing something bad about graphics? Brain problems, gotta be

Teeth are a modeling issue, not everything is graphics.

Also, yes, staring at people's teeth is really strange.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

Its not that I demand that a game be ultra realistic or think that lovely graphics, bad character models, or any of the other negative cosmetic things we've seen in the Fallout streams affects a games fun factor. poo poo like this does indicate however than the developers are comically lazy at best and incompetent at worst. I don't know how you aren't understanding this and think that people who make simple criticisms without hyperbole are weird freak autists.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

wanting characters to not act like dolls 1% of the time is pretty strange i agree, also i am unable to discern social cues

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not sure the people who disagree with me can see, or hear, or even think.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Who is Max Landis.

Oh, he did that one movie Chronicle and then was hired to do another thing and hosed it up. Way to go.

e: also other movies I don't care about, whatever

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

Also did they ditch Ron Perlman? Preorder loving cancelled.

I think Guy Fieri will be able to pick up where Ron left off, but I don't think any of the streams have gotten to his monologues yet.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Its not that I demand that a game be ultra realistic or think that lovely graphics, bad character models, or any of the other negative cosmetic things we've seen in the Fallout streams affects a games fun factor. poo poo like this does indicate however than the developers are comically lazy at best and incompetent at worst. I don't know how you aren't understanding this and think that people who make simple criticisms without hyperbole are weird freak autists.

I think it is weird because how often do you actually see a person's teeth in a normal conversation? Why is this a thing to fixate on?

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

player.additem 00000f 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

Dude, I've seen it posted several times and just happened to be looking at the black void of a mouth when I thought I saw something and it turned out to be gums. It's also fairly normal to sort of have your eyes drawn to something that stands out and the lack of teeth is one of them. A lazy eye is another.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm not sure the people who disagree with me can see, or hear, or even think.

Agreed. Anyone who criticizes The Product simply has deep psychological issues, hates fun, and has possibly killed children in the past.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Protons posted:

player.additem 00000f 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

You are short a 0.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

I think it is weird because how often do you actually see a person's teeth in a normal conversation? Why is this a thing to fixate on?
maybe we like scenes where characters lose their poo poo to be slightly less embarrassing and there is no doubt that bethesda will try to do some of these (and fail miserably)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

Nobody but you are making this a thing. It's a "huh, neat funny bug, probably gonna get fixed day 1".

Stop thinking people are out to get you/poo poo on your game.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm sick of brokebrain fuckos using their eyes to look at things and then coming in here complaining about what they saw because "humans have teeth"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

maybe we like scenes where characters lose their poo poo to be slightly less embarrassing and there is no doubt that bethesda will try to do some of these (and fail miserably)

Playing the wrong game then, i think, cause they'll always be hilariously embarrassing.

Who knows, maybe I'm the weird one because I don't notice people's teeth when i talk to them, that's entirely possible too I guess

Mr_Wolf
Jun 18, 2013

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Agreed. Anyone who criticizes The Product simply has deep psychological issues, hates fun, and has possibly killed children in the past.

Did these children have teeth I can see 100% of the time or no?

If not they all deserved to stop living.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

Where you're wrong is we're not fixating on it. I don't care about accurate teeth modeling in video games, dude. It just looks really silly and like someone above me said, the goofiness of the mouth animations draw the eye away in conversations. Is it a game breaking issue? No. Is it stupid and adds to the pile of little reasons animations and in game models look weird? Yes.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

King Vidiot posted:

Who is Max Landis.

Oh, he did that one movie Chronicle and then was hired to do another thing and hosed it up. Way to go.

e: also other movies I don't care about, whatever

Oh no, my man, it gets better. He produced a lovely film and then cried about how its America's fault for not recognizing his original idea as a summer blockbuster that should have made Guardians of the Galaxy money as "Original Ideas are over and can't succeed anymore, unlike the movie Golden Age of the 1980s-90s".

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RUDE ROBOT
Feb 19, 2013

If you're still feeling masochistic, there's another live stream going on: http://www.twitch.tv/psych0d0g

Also, it's in German.

• Locked thread